test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got me a Paladin *Sword*

13»

Comments

• equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I really hope the upcoming CTA next week they dont mess up or change the volcanic sword and shield. I dont think I will appreciate another mace.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • sonofarubberducksonofarubberduck Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Volcanic Longsword and Volcanic Shield as bought from the 'CTA: Battle for the Bridge' vendor (June 2015).

w4c4wmj161.png
    pdigg8olmgil.png
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...unfortunately all the volcanic Longsword's look's coolness will be eaten by your weapon enchantment's visual effect... :^((((
  • equ4lizerequ4lizer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...unfortunately all the volcanic Longsword's look's coolness will be eaten by your weapon enchantment's visual effect... :^((((

Depends on which enchantments we use, I kinda of like the effect mixed with different enchantments. It shows off a different tone and shade.
    IGN: Granzon
    军医骑士 超过三千水平 突破极限释放开
    Daily: Granworm Sword
    Enounter: Vow of Enmity | Worm Smasher | 縮退砲
    Class Feature: Kabbalah System
    Aura: Warp Field

IGN: Faluzure 19k Tenebrous Soulbinder Scourge Warlock
    (The Corrupted) (Retired)
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All im getting from WF is some green items, some of them are not even lvl70 >.>
    edited June 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »
    Depends on which enchantments we use, I kinda of like the effect mixed with different enchantments. It shows off a different tone and shade.

...more: Depends on which grade of enchantment you use. With the exception of the Lightning enchantment, all I've tried so far completely mask the weapon surface once they reach Perfect grade. Lightning let's you get the occasional glimpse of a pixel or three of the weapon's skin.

...should really have an off-toggle. PvE only, in PvP I can see the merit for enforcing the visuals.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    All im getting from WF is some green items, some of them are not even lvl70 >.>
    I'm on a great RNG streak. My last two runs of WF netted me the Sinister shield and the Redcap shield. :)
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    equ4lizer wrote: »

It looks absolutely fabtabulous with a normal Holy Avenger, but perfect Holy Avenger always had the issue of turning whatever it was slotted into a solid block of yellow so I imagine it's the same here.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It looks absolutely fabtabulous with a normal Holy Avenger, but perfect Holy Avenger always had the issue of turning whatever it was slotted into a solid block of yellow so I imagine it's the same here.

I can confirm this: my Mace is a solid block of yellow on my Devotion Paladin with a Perfect Avenger and my Protection Paladin is rocking a solid block of BLACK mace with a Perfect Terror. Mygawd I can only image the FUGLYFUBAR done to weapons at "Pure" and Transcendent" levels. :\

Armor enchantment effects are horrendous, now the weapons effects are following suit. May as well set graphics to *minimum* because there's nothing to see here, shut-up and move along.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, it doesn't get worse... But it doesn't get better eighter. Transcendant and Pure level enchantments use the same graphics as the Perfect variant.

Wtb Enchantment Transmute, pretty plz. EverQuest has made me want a Fiery sword for my Paladin ever since, but I'm not too fond of the Fiaming enchants buffs. Oh well.

Edit: Although a decent first step would be to allow Armor Enchant graphics to be turned off in PvE. Or allow us to transmute our 'Fashion' with real armors.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mygawd I can only image the FUGLYFUBAR done to weapons at "Pure" and Transcendent" levels. :\

Nope! They didn't create additional visuals so they're the same as Perfect.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2015
    I can confirm this: my Mace is a solid block of yellow on my Devotion Paladin with a Perfect Avenger and my Protection Paladin is rocking a solid block of BLACK mace with a Perfect Terror. Mygawd I can only image the FUGLYFUBAR done to weapons at "Pure" and Transcendent" levels. :\

Armor enchantment effects are horrendous, now the weapons effects are following suit. May as well set graphics to *minimum* because there's nothing to see here, shut-up and move along.

Close enough...

...Greycloak Longsword with PuTerr = nix anti-aliasing. A jagged stairway of black in that nicely enough rendered flare :^/

The BotB Volcanic Longsword is well-shaped, though. And as I'm anyway not sooo well off in the game that I would afford multiple copies of the high end enchants, I'll live with the notion that her sword will look real posh in her sparetime... :^D
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    Honestly wish they would have made an honest to God flail for paladins. Something on a chain that looks like it would hurt when used to bash someone over the skull with.
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Honestly wish they would have made an honest to God flail for paladins. Something on a chain that looks like it would hurt when used to bash someone over the skull with.

I somewhat fail to see the association - maces at least have several millenia's worth of potent symbolism attached - but more practically a flail would require a whole new set of weapon animations.

And we're talking about an outfit that cannot be bothered to adjust armour for PC races (*cough*Tieflings*cough*) here.