test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leadership nerf

myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Can someone direct me to the official Cryptic announcement regarding the changing of Destroy Enemy Camp from a 12-hour to a 16-hour task? ...and perhaps to similar sources regarding the new tasks, requirements, and rewards for Leadership tasks greater than level 20? Thanks in advance.
Post edited by myles08807 on

Comments

• almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Somewhere in the preview forums, check the patch notes, one of those list the Leadership nerf...
    They just "didn't have the time" to make a full list of all changes in the Mod6 patch notes.

Good luck,
    Almondum.
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget they made the same change to Protect the Diamond Shipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Come on now, listing things they nerfed in the patch notes would have just been such a downer you know? I'm sure they figured no one would be interested in things like that...or that it might put a bit of blemish on their otherwise critically acclaimed and universally celebrated Mod 6 rollout.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No changes in professions were really officially documented beyond the additional levels and a few bugfixes.

There's some inconsistency with the amount of experience you get for mass gather and refine tasks in the crafting professions now... some tasks got buffed but not all (unless they're bugged in which case leave me alone I am gathering things).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its actually a buff in the long run

regards
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It bothered me at first, since I only play about 1-2 hours a day max. It will definitely reduce my AD gain a bit, but I think it was a good idea after some thought. This helps reduce the glut of AD in the game.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I've managed to go into excess RAD even with the changes. >.<

In any case, I have no issues with the changes and honestly, they become irrelevant once you can start grinding the level 21-25 AD tasks. It's more like a buff rather than a nerf. The sense of the nerf is just near-sighted onlooking.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not a nerf, it's a buff (no joke). It's now a 16h task giving 1.6k rAD, instead of 12h/1.2k. So people having farms who can take care of it once a day only will get substantially more resources. That's actually completely ridiculous. If leaderships needs a change, it's a nerf. It's ruining the entire economy, and now, playing the game is barely rewarded, while passive income has gotten better...
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's not a nerf, it's a buff (no joke). It's now a 16h task giving 1.6k rAD, instead of 12h/1.2k. So people having farms and take care of it once a day only will get substantially more resources. That's actually completely ridiculous. If leaderships needs a change, it's a nerf. It's ruining the entire economy, and now, playing the game is barely rewarded, while passive income has gotten better...

It was 1,6K/12h.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Regardless of the increased time on a few level 20 tasks, one should look at the level 21-25 tasks and then reassess one's thoughts about this being a nerf and realize that leadership just got buffed. Majorly.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    It's not a nerf, it's a buff (no joke). It's now a 16h task giving 1.6k rAD, instead of 12h/1.2k. So people having farms who can take care of it once a day only will get substantially more resources. That's actually completely ridiculous. If leaderships needs a change, it's a nerf. It's ruining the entire economy, and now, playing the game is barely rewarded, while passive income has gotten better...

No, it's not a buff, except for those who only run professions once a day.

With the use of green Men-at-Arms (which used to be under 30k AD on AH; I'm sure they're much higher right now), you could easily do Destroy Enemy Camp twice a day, so 2400 AD per alt. Now you can only do it once a day for 1600 AD, unless you buy 2 blue Adventurers or a purple Hero per slot -- and it would take a long time to pay off the cost of those workers.

However, as Zeb noted, once you level up Leadership you have access to new tasks that either give good rAD or RP. So I'm grinding through leveling and looking forward to the new stuff.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, it's not a buff, except for those who only run professions once a day.

With the use of green Men-at-Arms (which used to be under 30k AD on AH; I'm sure they're much higher right now), you could easily do Destroy Enemy Camp twice a day, so 2400 AD per alt. Now you can only do it once a day for 1600 AD, unless you buy 2 blue Adventurers or a purple Hero per slot -- and it would take a long time to pay off the cost of those workers.

However, as Zeb noted, once you level up Leadership you have access to new tasks that either give good rAD or RP. So I'm grinding through leveling and looking forward to the new stuff.

Yeah well to me that was a buff, I run my "farm" of 4-5 alts once a day, when I'm bored and out of stuff to do in game (read: not often). So that's still an improvement. With the salvage nerf, however, and the lack of daily quests from neverember, it's much less friendly for people who don't own large farms of 20+ leadership characters. That sucks. Now with the "buff" leadership has become the only reliable source of income, ie the only way to play the game efficently is being offline and refreshing your quests on the gateway.
  • partydownpartydown Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I was being kicked in the balls every 12 hours, then it changed to every 16 hours, I would consider that a buff.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Destroy Enemy camp: was 12hr/6hr w/Hero; is now 16hr/10.4hr w/Hero

Protect Diamond Shipment: was 12hr/6hr w/Hero; is now 14hr/9.6hr w/Hero

Lessers have not been changed; still the same 6 or 8 hours.
  • grobb1grobb1 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2015
    I dont see anything being a nerf till a character has to play for 2(3?) hours to get leadership access for the day.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    partydown wrote: »
    If I was being kicked in the balls every 12 hours, then it changed to every 16 hours, I would consider that a buff.

LOL! That really made me laugh out loud . . . :)

Back on topic, I have noticed that it is going to take a very LONG time to level up Leadership, especially since I can't play whenever I want to . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Destroy Enemy camp: was 12hr/6hr w/Hero; is now 16hr/10.4hr w/Hero

Protect Diamond Shipment: was 12hr/6hr w/Hero; is now 14hr/9.6hr w/Hero

Lessers have not been changed; still the same 6 or 8 hours.

Right ... the tasks now take longer for the same payout.

So, now I only get in two reps per day (with two Adventurers or 1 Hero) instead of three. I don't have time to run any of dailies (except on weekends), so this was my only source of recurring RAD (on top of Invoking ... which has also taken a hit).

I could easily do all three reps on my 5 alts using the Gateway (morning, after lunch, and evening).

To those who say this is a "buff" -- how on earth is reducing RAD earned per day a buff? (I'm just referring to these two Tasks, which were the primary earners.)
    edited April 2015
    thirstius wrote: »
    Right ... the tasks now take longer for the same payout.

So, now I only get in two reps per day (with two Adventurers or 1 Hero) instead of three. I don't have time to run any of dailies (except on weekends), so this was my only source of recurring RAD (on top of Invoking ... which has also taken a hit).

I could easily do all three reps on my 5 alts using the Gateway (morning, after lunch, and evening).

To those who say this is a "buff" -- how on earth is reducing RAD earned per day a buff? (I'm just referring to these two Tasks, which were the primary earners.)

Because you're not looking at the bigger picture, which are the level 21-25 tasks that give way more AD, which I've said twice now in this thread, as well as before in the main thread on this when M6 was in testing.
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thirstius wrote: »

How does adding a task which gives 6000 RAD per day a reduction?
    edited April 2015
    You always had to sacrifice AD generation to level up professions, since you work with a limited number of slots. It's the same with anyone where I'm working on their jewelcrafting or alchemy right now, or refining black ice.

Getting leadership to 20 in the most efficient manner wasn't a big earner, but it eventually paid off. Getting it to 25 should actually be less painful because they seem to have removed the exponential xp requirements for levels above 20, and then things should balance out again.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    [derp derp derp]
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    that's great, when and if we ever reach level 21. I had 2 guys on preview that I reset their tasks at least once a day - 9 leadership tasks with green dudes (15% speed) and barely moved the bar, maybe a few pixels.

it will take month(S) to reach level 21...

of course I have to be able to log in first (client crashes) or use gateway (down for weeks now)
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Because you're not looking at the bigger picture, which are the level 21-25 tasks that give way more AD, which I've said twice now in this thread, as well as before in the main thread on this when M6 was in testing.

Which tasks in level 21 to level 25 can yield more AD per hour? Can you be more specific?

I checked the wiki.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Leadership

Based on the AD/per hour information in the wiki, there is only one task that produces more AD/hr than 1600AD for 12 hours. It is "Hunt Down an Escaped Experiment" which is 4000 AD for 1 day. However, it is a level 25 rare task and it needs 2 blue items (which I don't know where to get them yet). The cost of the resources required to complete the task should be counted too.

If the information of the wiki page is wrong, please let me know. Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited April 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Which tasks in level 21 to level 25 can yield more AD per hour? Can you be more specific?

I checked the wiki.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Leadership

Based on the AD/per hour information in the wiki, there is only one task that produces more AD/hr than 1600AD for 12 hours. It is "Hunt Down an Escaped Experiment" which is 4000 AD for 1 day. However, it is a level 25 rare task and it needs 2 blue items (which I don't know where to get them yet). The cost of the resources required to complete the task should be counted too.

Also according to the wiki, the current rank 20 RAD-maker ("Destroy Enemy Camp" at 100 RAD/h) is quite a bit more efficient than the rank 25 RAD-maker ("Battle Elemental Cultists" as 83.3 RAD/h).
    edited April 2015
    The following assumption is based on 9 slots and new information in the wiki page is correct.

I want to compare the normal tasks (no rare task) with minimal resource input between max level of mod 5 and max level of mod 6. Both includes "Collect Tax" as I take getting District map is easy.

Mod 5: (1600 AD x 3 + 800 AD x 3 + 400 AD x 3) / (12 hr x 3 + 8 hr x 3 + 6 hr x 3) = 8400 AD / 78 hr = 107.7 AD / hr
    Mod 6: (1600 AD x 3 + 800 AD x 3 + 2000 AD x 3) / (16 hr x 3 + 8 hr x 3 + 24 hr x 3) = 13200 AD / 144 hr = 91.7 AD / hr

Using Mod 5 method in Mod 6: (1600 AD x 3 + 800 AD x 3 + 400 AD x 3) / (16 hr x 3 + 8 hr x 3 + 6 hr x 3) = 8400 AD / 90 hr = 93.3 AD / hr

Unless you bet on hitting level 25 rare task often (like everyday), I don't think one needs to hurry up to level up for earning AD.
    However, if you want to level up to get the chests, it may worthwhile. That probably should be the main reason you want to level up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited April 2015
    The following assumption is based on 9 slots and new information in the wiki page is correct.

Small tip: Since you're solving for a per-hour rate, you can simplify the math by not multiplying everything by 3. ;)
    [COLOR="#000000"]Rank 20 in Mod 5: (1600 + 800 +  400) RAD / (12 + 8 +  6) hr = 2800 RAD / 26 hr = 107.7 RAD/hr
    Rank 20 in Mod 6: (1600 + 800 +  400) RAD / (16 + 8 +  6) hr = 2800 RAD / 30 hr =  93.3 RAD/hr
    Rank 25 in Mod 6: (1600 + 800 + 2000) RAD / (16 + 8 + 24) hr = 4400 RAD / 48 hr =  91.7 RAD/hr[/COLOR]

Edit: The math shows a pretty unambiguous nerf, with a rank 25 RAD strategy actually being worse than a rank 20 RAD strategy in Mod 6 (provided you're on the ball and keep those tasks going with little down time; not sure how things change if there's any down time).

BUT... I honestly can't get too worked up about it. Anyone who pays any attention to the Zen/AD Exchange can see that there's just way too much AD out there right now.
    edited April 2015
    BUT... I honestly can't get too worked up about it. Anyone who pays any attention to the Zen/AD Exchange can see that there's just way too much AD out there right now.

I saw worse. It is only 6 million pending. It took 2 to 3 weeks to get the Zen.
    There were over 11 million pending before and I got my Zen over a month back then.

On the other hand, if people are quitting, 6 million pending could take a really long time.
    edited April 2015
    I saw worse. It is only 6 million pending. It took 2 to 3 weeks to get the Zen.
    There were over 11 million pending before and I got my Zen over a month back then.

Oh, I know. I've seen a 13 million backlog. Just because there's been worse doesn't mean the current situation isn't bad, though.
    edited April 2015
    Uh oh! I just realized that the math I've been doing is misleading. It assumes that each of the tasks is being done sequentially (one after the other) rather than concurrently (all at the same time). Of course these tasks will be run concurrently.

Collecting and restarting each task as it finishes:
    [COLOR="#000000"][COLOR="#A52A2A"][B]Rank 20[/B][/COLOR]

1600 / 16 = 100.0
     800 /  8 = 100.0
     400 /  6 =  66.7
    -----------------
                [COLOR="#008000"][B]266.7 RAD/hr[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#A52A2A"][B]Rank 25[/B][/COLOR]

1600 / 16 = 100.0
     800 /  8 = 100.0
    2000 / 24 =  83.3
    -----------------
                [COLOR="#008000"][B]283.3 RAD/hr[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Collecting and restarting all three tasks at the same time (as soon as the longest-running task completes):
    [COLOR="#000000"][COLOR="#A52A2A"][B]Rank 20[/B][/COLOR]

1600 / 16 = 100.0
     800 / 16 =  50.0
     400 / 16 =  25.0
    -----------------
                [COLOR="#008000"][B]175.0 RAD/hr[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#A52A2A"][B]Rank 25[/B][/COLOR]

1600 / 24 =  66.7
     800 / 24 =  33.3
    2000 / 24 =  83.3
    -----------------
                [COLOR="#008000"][B]183.3 RAD/hr[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Looks like rank 25 RAD farming might actually be the most efficient in all circumstances after all. Whether the difference is worth the effort is up to you. :)
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, rank 25 leadership is absolutely better for people who aren't going to obsessively babysit their tasks. I'm not sure where it will ultimately shake out for me, since the levelling process is done much faster via the obsessive babysitting mode of operation.

Neverwinter Census 2017