test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connecting to Neverwinter Gateway on Firefox on PC - Use version 36

Comments

• tatersalad77tatersalad77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tomorrow will be 1 month since i have been able to log in with my mobile (cert expired on the 19th of last month). Any updates yet?

Lastest versions of chrome, firefox and opera still not working on android phone.
  • phineasjphineasj Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    as of yesterday firefox version 36 no longer allowing access

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com. The server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a lower TLS version than the server supports. (Error code: ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_alert)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

there isn't any way to add an exception. I get the same message in chrome and IE11 any ideas?
    Bammer, Branch leader of NOR
    You can cantact me: Bammer@newoutriders.org for more info
    newoutriders.org/join

• khorbahnkhorbahn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Apologies for the Double-Post

I use Chrome:

http://launcher.playneverwinter.com/launcher (Visit Gateway In-Game Link) - shows the original Arc Login Screen

Android 4.1.2 (Testing): Galaxy Note 2- ROOTED
    1. Tried to Login
    2. Page not found
    3. Uninstalled App
    4. Re-Installed App from Google Play Store
    5. Same Result - https://gateway.playneverwinter.com NOT Available
    6. WORKED until I tried to use this AM

Workaround:

THE PAGE EXISTS - THE APP WILL NOT LET YOU CONNECT.

If Browser: Use http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ to Login

Using Mobile?: Open your Mobile Browser and use https://gateway.playneverwinter.com to Login

NOTE - there may be a Screen asking you to Confirm due to the Site Certificate
    edited March 2015
    14xpi1h.jpg
  • tatersalad77tatersalad77 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khorbahn wrote: »
    14xpi1h.jpg

Yay.. You pushed past the cert leaving yourself and whoever does the same wide open for someone to steal your account.... Here's your sign (google it if needed). I'm all for this if someone with authority from PWI/Cryptic comes forward and agrees to restore all that i loose when we get hacked. (not if) I can pretty much guarantee that the lame gold spammers are already collecting info from those that broadcast it out there. And in 6 months/year they will be around to collect your former Zen/AD/Gold. I wouldn't pass the opportunity up if i was a farmer. I think ill wait for an actual fix to mobile before handing my stuff over to the spammers to try to spam it back to me.
    edited March 2015
    Yay.. You pushed past the cert leaving yourself and whoever does the same wide open for someone to steal your account.... Here's your sign (google it if needed). I'm all for this if someone with authority from PWI/Cryptic comes forward and agrees to restore all that i loose when we get hacked. (not if) I can pretty much guarantee that the lame gold spammers are already collecting info from those that broadcast it out there. And in 6 months/year they will be around to collect your former Zen/AD/Gold. I wouldn't pass the opportunity up if i was a farmer. I think ill wait for an actual fix to mobile before handing my stuff over to the spammers to try to spam it back to me.

ummmmmm...... game full of Bots...Griefers / Trolls...

are you so Simple to think I didn't know what I was doing? even if you DO hack an account - most Folk are mad anyway
    so just grab your baby bottle

go in the corner - till *I*

tell you to come back out.

*Sticky* = somebody Right....... if you had to Answer to Me instead of PWE

CORNER....NOW.
    edited March 2015
    ....and it took that long to come up with something?

yea......... Corner with ya Nose in tha Crack.
    edited March 2015
    hmmmm.........thinking bout site certs
    did anybody care about site certs during the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> days? how bout when Inet first hit? AOL DOS w/ long distance charges? wow.... site certs = BBB.... just says they paid to make yu believe they are "safe".

Knuckleheads only know enough to be Dangerous - you remind me of the guy I did a Tech Support call for and SPECIFICALLY asked if the PC was ON... he said yea like you - 45 min later i hang up cause he asks - should my computer be on?

yaw plain Ignant..... 45 min? i spent 8 hours fixing a Network OTP - you think a site cert saves you?

BWAHAHA
    edited March 2015
    OK - it appears The Gateway has been shut down Temporarily.

I would - in this case.

Why there is a small word I think everyone is missing. BETA.

.........ToEE is due out, so it's "Crunch-Time" - I'm personally not looking for Gateway until then now.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gateway had been working fine for me until that security certificate issue a few weeks back, but it was resolved within a day.

This recent outage occurred this afternoon, but allows login, then quickly disconnects you. Never, ever had this problem before since I started using Gateway.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited March 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Gateway had been working fine for me until that security certificate issue a few weeks back, but it was resolved within a day.

This recent outage occurred this afternoon, but allows login, then quickly disconnects you. Never, ever had this problem before since I started using Gateway.

Yea, it's still in BETA technically - probably Closed Beta now (or soon)

I do miss the Gateway, but this is the 2nd Release to the Public.

The 1st was a Win7/8 app that did what Mobile Does now.

.....IMHO..... ToEE will prolly bring Gateway Back - i hope. Awesome Addition.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't tried on FF recently, but Chrome tends to work much better anyway. FF had really bad performance issues for a long time - the more toons you have, the worse it got. Chrome doesn't really have that problem. My feeling is that it's because Chrome's javascript parser is superior to FF's in many ways (but I think the main one that helps on the gateway is it's caching, which is pretty awesome). Anyway, that's my two-cents here. Chrome is generally a better browser anyway (it's console is *gasp* actually superior to Firebug almost every way -- ALMOST every way, but not 100%...), so I guess it follows that the Gateway would work better on it :)
  • thevalenzthevalenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The gateway is not up.
    I am using Chrome, and the page never loads.

" The webpage at https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED "
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Upgrade to version 36

It was all for nothing. You forced us to change our FireFox that was working perfectly with all the browser games by the other editors, and it was all for nothing, the gateway is out of order.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • fladnagfladnag Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tried IE 11, FF36 and Chrome. All uptodate, and all failed to load the Gateway.

IE shows this :-
    This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address https://gateway.playneverwinter.com is correct.
    •Look for the page with your search engine.
    •Refresh the page in a few minutes.

FF 36 Shows this:-
    Secure connection failed

The connection with gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page is loading.
    The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the authenticity of the received data cannot be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

and Chrome shows this :-
    " The webpage at https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED "

So, unless all 3 browsers are lying, there still is a problem with the gateway. Its not just this PC, but 3 others that can't connect. Even went to try and connect from a free wifi hot spot and still the same problems....

And yup, all cookies, caches and suitcases emptied and cleared, everything up to date on all pcs, router reset, switched off and changed, and still it flips the middle finger...

Really need to get a resolution on this asap.
  • irongut13irongut13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Using Firefox v36.0.4 on several different devices I have been getting this error for the last week. Prior to that I had no problems with Gateway.
    Secure Connection Failed

The connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

By now I must have reported this issue to Mozilla about a hundred times.

Occasionally I can get the Gateway login page to appear, login and then immediately get a 'disconnected from server' message and it logs me out. When that happens its an infinite loop of login, disconnect, etc.
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    irongut13 wrote: »
    Using Firefox v36.0.4 on several different devices I have been getting this error for the last week. Prior to that I had no problems with Gateway.
    Secure Connection Failed

The connection to gateway.playneverwinter.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

By now I must have reported this issue to Mozilla about a hundred times.

Occasionally I can get the Gateway login page to appear, login and then immediately get a 'disconnected from server' message and it logs me out. When that happens its an infinite loop of login, disconnect, etc.

I could have sworn I've already posted about me having this problem as well. Can't seem to find that thread any more. But right there what you're describing is the exact same thing I'm going through. I too use the same version of FF as you do.
  • neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, here's a real 'fix' (well, work-around). First an explanation..

Firefox has (since a few versions back) stopped supporting TLS 1.0 as a secure connection method for HTTPS. Chrome is still supporting this, at the moment.

The work-around is to allow Firefox to use TLS 1.0 again (instead of only TLS 1.1 and 1.2). Please note that this is no more insecure than using Chrome (TLS 1.0 _is_ more insecure than 1.1 and 1.2 but if you do not object to using Chrome for accessing the gateway, this will make Firefox no more insecure than you're already using Chrome now).

First, open the about:config page of Firefox (this allows you change settings at very low level). As a URL use 'about:config'. This will show a warning page about 'voiding your warranty', so be careful is changing nothing else than the TLS setting we need to get HTTPS working again with the Gateway. To enter the real config page click the "I'll be careful, I'll promise" button.

This will show a list of settings with columns: Preference Name, Status, Type and Value, and a Search: line at the top. In the Search: type 'tls.version' (without the quotes).

At the top now should be a line showing

security.tls.version.fallback-limit

with status 'default', type 'integer' and value '3'

double-click that line

it will open a pop-up box with the number '3', change that number to '1' and click 'Ok'

This will change that line to bold (indicating the default value has been changed) with status 'user set'

Now, close this page, or open a new tab or window and open https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Voila...
  • drnikos1drnikos1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So, here's a real 'fix' (well, work-around). First an explanation..

Firefox has (since a few versions back) stopped supporting TLS 1.0 as a secure connection method for HTTPS. Chrome is still supporting this, at the moment.

The work-around is to allow Firefox to use TLS 1.0 again (instead of only TLS 1.1 and 1.2). Please note that this is no more insecure than using Chrome (TLS 1.0 _is_ more insecure than 1.1 and 1.2 but if you do not object to using Chrome for accessing the gateway, this will make Firefox no more insecure than you're already using Chrome now).

First, open the about:config page of Firefox (this allows you change settings at very low level). As a URL use 'about:config'. This will show a warning page about 'voiding your warranty', so be careful is changing nothing else than the TLS setting we need to get HTTPS working again with the Gateway. To enter the real config page click the "I'll be careful, I'll promise" button.

This will show a list of settings with columns: Preference Name, Status, Type and Value, and a Search: line at the top. In the Search: type 'tls.version' (without the quotes).

At the top now should be a line showing

security.tls.version.fallback-limit

with status 'default', type 'integer' and value '3'

double-click that line

it will open a pop-up box with the number '3', change that number to '1' and click 'Ok'

This will change that line to bold (indicating the default value has been changed) with status 'user set'

Now, close this page, or open a new tab or window and open https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Voila...

nice job man. this works :D now i can do my ad farming. Do you know if the previous disconects from the gateway were because of this setting?
    edited April 2015
    drnikos1 wrote: »
    nice job man. this works :D now i can do my ad farming. Do you know if the previous disconects from the gateway were because of this setting?

The recent ... ehm .. instability ... (last week Monday until, .. yesterday? Friday?) could not have been due to this setting on your browser. Everybody had it (not just the users of a recent version of FF)... _I_ had it (using Chrome _and_ FF).

There's an entire thread about that one: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?642791-Neverwinter-Gateway-down

It does have some cross-over with people having the TLS 1.0 issue though, so not everybody reporting there was actually complaining about _that_ issue but _this_ issue.
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »

Furthermore, if FF is your default browser, be aware that this change also affects IE, Safari and any other browser you may have installed simultaneously. If you use different browsers for testing purposes, you may wish to (temporarily) undo this change before you start testing.

I really doubt your latter statement. This is because the about:config page is taking and storing settings from a file 'prefs.js' in your Mozilla Firefox Profile directory on disk.

It starts with

"# Mozilla User Preferences

/* Do not edit this file.
    * If you make changes to this file while the application is running,
    * the changes will be overwritten when the application exits.
    * To make a manual change to preferences, you can visit the URL about:config
    */"

I am quite sure that neither Chrome, or IE, is looking at that file. And I am moderately sure Safari isn't.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A little cleaner solution for firefox 37 is to set security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts to:

gateway.playneverwinter.com,gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com

This way you alter Firefox for Neverwinter's gateways.
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm 100% sure that no browser looks at that config file. But the change does more than change a config file it seems. How else do you explain that any installed browser and not just chrome can access the gateway after this change all of a sudden? And this is in a locked down virtual environment where no other change was made.

I can't verify this: I don't have Safari and IE has always kept working for me.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    l was able to use the gateway for almost one hour this morning. Now at noon all l get is the error message that we all can see since a few months. Needless to say, my comp and connection and browser and all has not changed in the meantime.
    The issue is definitely 100% on Cryptic's side.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and it doesn't matter what version you use, gateway is borked.... again. At least you guys fixed it for a couple days, perhaps after the mod launch you can finally resolve the problem?
  • josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am now running 37.0.1 and having the same issue as prior to 36 vers. Tried clearing cache and history no such luck. Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Narn
  • josephdjosephd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The website may try to fallback to TLS 1.0 in a way that is no longer allowed in current releases. It also uses a weak cipher suite that is not considered safe.

Connection Encrypted (TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, 128 bit keys, TLS 1.0)

You can open the about:config page via the location/address bar and use its search bar to locate this pref:

security.tls.insecure_fallback_hosts

You can double-click the line to modify the pref and add the domain to this pref. If there are already websites (domains) in this list then add a comma and the new domain (no spaces). You should only see domains separated by a comma in the value column.

narn
  • buddahcjccbuddahcjcc Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cant access the game, I enter login info then hit login and nothing happens
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i'm using version 36, still cna't get gateway to load. Why is this only a problem on firefox?
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Each day when I go to log in to the gateway, I have to go to my email for a one time code to save my browser. (yes, the box to save my browser is checked)
    Im on a Win 8.1 machine with IE v11.09600
    Latest Firefix does it too.
This discussion has been closed.