test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connecting to Neverwinter Gateway on Firefox on PC - Use version 36

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
Our gateway issues have been resolved, however if you're still running version 35 of Mozilla Firefox, you might run into some issues.

How can you fix it? Upgrade to version 36 (and maybe clear your cache for good measure) on PC!

Once you've upgraded to version 36, you should be able to access gateway on PC without any issues.

We are still looking into the issues affecting mobile devices.

Enjoy!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm using Maxthon Web Browser, Neverwinter Gateway is ok now but Gateway test for preview still shows the same problem with the certificate.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To update your version of Firefox:

1. Open the Firefox menu. It is on the far right of the top of your browser, opposite the address bar.
    2. Click on the Help Menu (it is the circle with a question mark at the bottom of the Firefox menu).
    3. Click "About Firefox".
    4. A window will pop up showing the current version of Firefox in use. If you are set to automatically update, Firefox will check for and install any relevant updates.
    5. Click the "Restart Firefox" button when the update process is complete. You should now be upgraded to version 36.0.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • silbersuchersilbersucher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Digging further into my untrusted issue on my phone...while it says there is a certificate until 2017, it states that it is from an "Untrusted Authority" (Networks Solutions L.L.C)

The certificate used by the gateway depends on the Comodo UserTrust CA certificate which is not installed in Android 4.4 or any older Android system.

You could manually install the CA certificate but that has some major draw-backs:

1. You have to set a device pin or password (lock pattern is not enough)
    2. Android is regularly nagging that "you network is potentially monitored by a 3rd party"
  • raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?853061-gateway-down&p=10188831#post10188831

i started this topic but i got redirected to this one and the other one got closed -.-
    I don't have the problem that it's untrused.

It's not loading at all.

And i don't use firefox.... i use Chrome.

can someone help me?
  • raptoahraptoah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    had something to do with the pc.. everything worked besides the gateway but it works on my friends pc
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word on the test gateway? When will it be up?
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • silbersuchersilbersucher Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    raptoah wrote: »
    Chrome uses the root-certificates provided by Windows. If you are using an outdated Windows (e.g. XP) or do not install all the Windows-Updates you don't get the new certificates installed.
  • ixotlixotl Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any update on progress towards rectifying the mobile device issues? Specifically Android 4.4.2. All three browsers onboard (Android, Chrome and FF) are up to date and none can connect. Had no issues before the new cert.
  • pantherwitch4982pantherwitch4982 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Having nothing but trouble with gateway today on my PC, even. You can sometimes collect professions tasks, but nothing will load for setting up new ones. Yes, I am updated with firefox. Also, Sword Coast Adventures is only working about half the time.
  • makalon2851makalon2851 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not working on firefox 36,tried on 8 different pc's,each one on different network.
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the only anoying isue i have that it loos rights, and say's your connecting from a new computer, happens each 5 weeks or so.
    or after a maint.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the only anoying isue i have that it loos rights, and say's your connecting from a new computer, happens each 5 weeks or so.
    or after a maint.

That's on purpose, as a security measure. You always have to re-verify your account each month.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    or after a maint.
    Aye, that is normal to re-authorize every month. It's meant to happen for your own security. As for it happening after maintenance, I've never experienced that. Perhaps you're clearing your cookies with a cleaner program, or windows is set to automatically do Disk Cleanups, or some other cleaning tool you use.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    m33EVa8.jpg

So... What am I to do? Same issue with normal gateway.
    FrozenFire
    edited February 2015
    Any update on progress towards rectifying this mobile device issue with certificates?
  • sevdaisevdai Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Y68H5TF.jpg?1

Apparently I have FF 37 and it's still not working. Gateway is the only way I have left to even access this game any more. Did you break this now as well?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any word on this for mobile devices? I've heard some say that it's working for them, but on my tablet I still get the cert problems. Working fine on my computer, just looking forward to it working on my tablet again.
    edited March 2015
    And so another week begins. I know the devs are hard at this, along with everything else, but could we get an update on this?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Make sure your mobile devices are updated and the browser you're using on them is the latest version. Also, clearing the cookies and cache of the mobile browser you're using is something to do as well if updating doesn't help or there is no update available.

If none of this helps, please reply with what mobile OS you're using, what Browser you're using and what version that browser is.
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Make sure your mobile devices are updated and the browser you're using on them is the latest version. Also, clearing the cookies and cache of the mobile browser you're using is something to do as well if updating doesn't help or there is no update available.

If none of this helps, please reply with what mobile OS you're using, what Browser you're using and what version that browser is.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 from ATT.
    Android version 4.4.2
    Google Chrome 40.0.2214.109
    and
    Built in Browser (sorry can't find where it's version number is)

All software is the latest version I can find to download, though the tablet is only 2 weeks old and I'm more used to apple products than android so I could be missing something.
  • nps2nps2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am using Android 4.3.0 , Chrome 32.0.1700.99. ( Also tried using the built in regular browser. ). I still get the "The site's security certificate is not trusted!" error message. Tried clearing all cookies, history, cache and all browser data ( lost all my bookmarks doing that last step unfortunately ). It used to work fine before the last certificate expired.
    edited March 2015
    nps2 wrote: »
    Tried clearing all cookies, history, cache and all browser data ( lost all my bookmarks doing that last step unfortunately ).
    Chrome should store your bookmarks in the cloud and re-import them when you sign into it with your google account, if you have it set to do so.
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Chrome should store your bookmarks in the cloud and re-import them when you sign into it with your google account, if you have it set to do so.

There is an option to clear that out too if you aren't careful I think.

Does anyone have a mobile device it is working on currently? If so what OS version and browser are you using? I'd check my ipad but it's in another city with my wife currently while she's away.
    edited March 2015
    Getting invalid Certificates on my Kindles:

I'm getting invalid certificate on my Kindle Fire on both Silk and Chrome browsers:
    Kindle Fire OS 4.5.3 (Fully updated as of March 5th, 2015)
    App version release-8.1001.1592.4_1000155010

Silk Browser version 1.0.358.70-Fire_68091310 (No updates available)

Chrome version 33.0.1750.136 (Cannot update, chrome when unsupported on this kindle's OS so if I uninstall, I cannot reinstall it)

Also, tried on my other Kindle Fire (different version) and got invalid certificate also on Chrome and Silk Browsers:
    Kindle Fire, Current Version: 7.5.1_user_5170020 (Fully updated as of March 5th, 2015)

Silk version 1.0.545.70-Gen5_68091210 (No updates available)

Chrome version 33.0.1750.136 (No updates available)

However, it works fine on my Apple Devices:

Trying it on my large iPad, it works just fine on the Safari browser:
    iPad Apple iOS 8.1.3 (12B466) (Fully updated as of March 5th, 2015)

Safari version ?? (This is integrated in this iPad's OS and thus is fully updated as the iOS is)

Also, trying it on my little iPod, it works just fine on the Safari and Chrome browsers:
    iPod Apple iOS 6.1.6 (10B500) (Fully updated as of March 5th, 2015)

Safari version ?? (This is integrated in this iPod's OS and thus is fully updated as the iOS is)

Chrome version 37.0.2062.60
  • fosforo3fosforo3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still not working here.

Win 8.1 fully updated

Chrome 41.0.2272.76 m (latest) - Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
    Firefox 36.0.1 (latest) - Secure Connection Failed
    Even tried Internet Explorer! - This website uses an insecure connection.

Did a cache clear, still doesn't work.
    edited March 2015
    fosforo3 wrote: »
    Still not working here.

Win 8.1 fully updated

Chrome 41.0.2272.76 m (latest) - Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED
    Firefox 36.0.1 (latest) - Secure Connection Failed
    Even tried Internet Explorer! - This website uses an insecure connection.

Did a cache clear, still doesn't work.
    Is that a windows mobile (tablet etc) or a windows desktop/laptop?
  • fosforo3fosforo3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Is that a windows mobile (tablet etc) or a windows desktop/laptop?

Its a laptop.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just a heads-up Note to any OS X 10.10.3 Beta-testers: Gateway is broken; the "security' issues cannot be worked-around. It could be in the OS, but unlikely based on the very stern security warning I'm seeing. Hopefully they fix this by the time that OS update is released. I haven't installed the FREAK security update into my Windows box yet, so I dunno how that's affected.

(And any answer that relies on "download and install an alternate browser" is not only epic-fail, it's outright wrong advice to anyone.)
    //justsaying.
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Any word on this for mobile devices? I've heard some say that it's working for them, but on my tablet I still get the cert problems. Working fine on my computer, just looking forward to it working on my tablet again.

Thats our problem too on pc its working fine on tablet and phone we get the untrusted message
    edited March 2015
    fosforo3 wrote: »
    Its a laptop.

Odd then my laptop is 8.1 as well with the same chrome version and no errors.
This discussion has been closed.