test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

75% return on what i bought and also played for come mod6??? SERIOUSLY!

124»

Comments

• Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you are getting 75% for those artifacts instead of 40%, and still you are *****ing? This is a free game, you have not paid anything to play it - doing so is optional and you get added benefits for doing so.

With a level cap increase you really expect whatever you have now will still be best at level 70? Really dumbest thing I've read all day. Go play a game where you can just buy everything say you have it all get bored and quit the next day, MMO's are not for you. MMO's have a grind aspect and a fun aspect the key is to balance both to a degree where its still fun or else what's the point - it's not a job. If you don't like working for something to enjoy it for a month and see something brand new is coming out a month later and get upset perhaps its time for a different kind of game - one that doesn't update like an old school PC game for single player or a offline Xbox game if they make those still.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    That's crazy. This is a game. A leisure activity. Something you do for fun. Not a job.

Problem is that if you want to actually, you know, progress in this game for whatever reason NW does very much become a job. No other way to put it really and an accurate description whichever way you slice it.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you are getting 75% for those artifacts instead of 40%, and still you are *****ing?

I fear you have not read and digested post #82 from our Community Manager. It's 40% when expressed in terms of RP.
    But your point is still valid, especially as a new 40% refined weapon is better than an old 100% refined weapon.
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    I fear you have not read and digested post #82 from our Community Manager. It's 40% when expressed in terms of RP.
    But your point is still valid, especially as a new 40% refined weapon is better than an old 100% refined weapon.

Can you provide a screenshot to back that up? Also bear in mind that though base stats may be higher, there is the issue with multiple slots that are lost until the new weapon reaches the correct level.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    well first off what the 9 hells does "the equivalent to 48m in efficiency" even mean?

your sword is level 60 and legendary (i am assuming) you put that into another sword thats not only 10 levels higher but better in every way more stats more damage a 45 rank jump an anyone just getting their artifact weapon at 70 I still dont see what you think you lost

yes those RP would have gotten you more in this mod but like I said you had 2 mods of the best sword in the game and a guranteed 2nd best sword in the game in mod 6 you lost NOTHING

but ok if it means that much to you keep your toon at 60 and run all the old lev 60 dungeons until the amount of time has passed until your equivalant efficiency has normalized or whatever and then come join us at lev 70 and the new mod stuffs and while you do that i will run 70 content with my friends with my brand new 2nd best in slot lev 70 4 bladed axe...sword....thingy
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    volchitsa wrote: »
    Can you provide a screenshot to back that up? Also bear in mind that though base stats may be higher, there is the issue with multiple slots that are lost until the new weapon reaches the correct level.

I don't have the screenies but some have been posted on this forum and linked to several times (maybe by ironzerg79?) and they clearly show the improvement. But don't take their word for it. Get yourself over to preview and see for yourself. Even allowing for the locked slot the numbers are better. So rather than focus on the 40% thing, focus on the "hey, free upgrade!" thing.

I do understand the point that if you had saved all the RP instead of using it then your new weapon would be even better but that's like saying that you could afford a better car today if only you had not bought that other one last year. It's a true statement but ignores the fact that you would not have had a car in the meantime. We've had the use of a decent weapon and now we get to swap it for a better one.

There are several things to complain about in mod 6 but, for me, this is not one of them.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    volchitsa wrote: »

if you have a legendary and refine it into a 0 rp green you get a rank 45 purple with one slot that isnt weapon enchant so the most you could possibly lose could be 1 rank 10's worth or 300 points the damage increase alone is worth more than that

ok just went on test my new 70 weapon is lev 55 so i went off the tooltip for each color, green, blue purple ect

at legendary on test the golden dragons wrath is
    1516-1853 damage
    2059 hp
    3797 power
    515 def and 2 offense slots

now the elemental great axe
    green:
    1516-1853 damage
    4132 power so 335 more
    415 crit
    415 deflect
    so just stat wise its pretty much a wash not counting not having weapon enchant so yea advantage lev 60 legendary
    thats without doing anything to it straight up rank 0 green
    blue
    1600-1956 damage
    4216 power 419 more power so more than one rank 10 there
    471 crit 471 deflect

so yea only getting it to blue its still head and shoulders better than the lev 60
    losing one slot with a rank 10 in it (because we all have rank 10s right?) or 300 power hell ill even give you mod 6 rates 430 power for a rank 10 you lose a whopping 11 power I do hope you can cope lol

rank 35 purple
    1685-2060 damage
    4344 power
    533 crit 533 deflect with one off slot

and remember you will be getting a rank 45 so those power crit and deflect will go up more than that so yes even missing a slot its waaaaaaay better than the golden dragon legendary
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

Hi everyone! I notice that there's been some confusion some material written in the refinement blog. The part that reads:
    "Artifact Weapons will also retain approximately 75% of their refinement progress."

should have specified that it was refinement level rather than overall refinement points. The sentence has since been updated to:

"Artifact Weapons will also retain approximately 75% of their refinement level progress."

My deepest apologies for the confusion.

I think you should specify that more clearly in your post. Because getting 40% RP back from what you invested is really nothing. People will get upset because they actually believe 75% to be true
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jumboyet wrote: »
    I think you should specify that more clearly in your post. Because getting 40% RP back from what you invested is really nothing. People will get upset because they actually believe 75% to be true

LINK

There is even a picture to illustrate the upgrade. A player made this thread and even complained about illusory 75% RP. :confused:

I don´t believe Akro/Cryp tried to trick us. I think the reason is a completely different point of view. The devs don´t play. Maybe they enter the game and take a look... but they don´t play like you and me. We think in RP but when you show the picture in the blog to any non-NW-player he or she would say: "ooh, nice 48/70... you will keep around 75%"...

Let´s face the truth. NW is "play or pay" so the idea is to motivate new players (hey there is some sort of gear reset...) and the base (hey you can keep 75% ahh 40%... ). When I read that one poster here invested $200 in BI-crafting I have to say.. It works. Pay or play is the truth. The most players here in the forum will not pay... but the majority is out there! Pay or play with values like in NW in combination with the wish/need to have the best gear is fatal because it is impossible to achieve BIS-gear in a "normal" way. Without alt-army, AH investment-trading and/or &$%§... how to farm 100.000.000 AD?!. - So make your step. Play, pay, make alts, trade, wait for the 2x RP weekend or quit. But the 40% will not change and we will see this motivating events again:rolleyes:. Don´t forget: It´s still a game.

Best regards,
    Bellistor
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lets not forget.
    75% of levels is just 40% of real RP. Yap you will get nerfed in lvls item. Ok.
    But do you really think that you get better item? because now, as example, from 1287 base damage you will get 1430?
    yeah sure number is bigger. But is bull sht.
    With new mod you also get new stat curves and new tougher mobs - up to 60% DR for tiamat from 24% now.
    I did math somewhere back in ironzerg thread where he was shouting that items are better. Well they are not.

So all what cryptic gives us - is refine more. For those who capped - refine 25% = 60% of RP invested. For those who never cared - they will get "free" weapon to refine at lvl 70 campain. SO everyone will have it. Everyone will be refining.
    What will make one player better then another is now more - how much 'pay' for RP you did to get your weapon to UPper level.

And you will be doing this refinement. Cause you will need good stuff for even D&D runs - cause even OP and skilled teams now can not complete lvl 70 dungeons easily.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Here's the deal. This is an MMO. It grows. It changes.

New equipment is going to come and go. Don't ever "buy" anything if you can't deal with it eventually being obsolete. Just because you paid "real money" for something doesn't mean it's always going to be the best, especially when it comes to equipment.

And again, Crytpic or PWE never sold you a Legendary Artifact. You purchased Zen, and then used that in game on whatever you wanted.

This. EVERY mmo out there eventually obsoletes it's end game items and creates new levels and items. You choose to purchase the item/items as they were. There was no guarantee they'd always be BiS.

Do you know ANY mmo out there that gave a refund for current gear when it decided to expand?
  • Options
    humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Theft, lol. If it is theft, how come you still have the item and RP you paid for? OK, so there is a new weapon coming. That is entirely not relevant to your previous buying choices. When Ford introduce a new car model they'll let you use your current car as part-payment but you won't get back the amount you paid for it.

And, yeah, 40% unless you can wait for a double RP event.
    BTW. None of this is real....
    With 2x event it will be 80%... but I spend lot of ingredients to them... well, better stay out and wait mod59 come out. :eek:
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    Devs should be forced to play this for 15 hrs a week. And I would love to see the look on their face when they realize that a typical monthly pay check (converted into Zen) of an IT guy gets you nowhere after M6 hits.
  • Options
    amselamsel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    im just really surprised we get to help at all... in most f2p mmos, you have to trash and start over. or like the rest of us stick it in the bank and sigh that your old amazing gear is **** in the new mod.
    PWE player Since 2008 ;D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs should be forced to play this for 15 hrs a week. And I would love to see the look on their face when they realize that a typical monthly pay check (converted into Zen) of an IT guy gets you nowhere after M6 hits.

That's a great plan!

Then they'd have like 2/3 of time to write code etc., which then should lead to the module interval going back up to 6 months again. Sounds good to me...