test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

75% return on what i bought and also played for come mod6??? SERIOUSLY!

sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I feel that a 75% return on the time and money invested on this game because you decided to make new items is theft. People only live once and only have so much money and I feel for example I paid and exchanged my time and effort for the ad to also buy them that way a waste.I earned for refining stones to rank up your soon to be raising the level and making new artifact weapons and now u give me a 75% return??? Shouldnt that be a 100%??? Robbed I feel once mod 6 comes out then if u insist on doing this. Post if u feel robbed also.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dont worry is 40% not 75% return
  • sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think that when i spend 100$ on something that when i get 75$ in return something stinks.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sharky445 wrote: »
    I feel that a 75% return on the time and money invested on this game because you decided to make new items is theft. People only live once and only have so much money and I feel for example I paid and exchanged my time and effort for the ad to also buy them that way a waste.I earned for refining stones to rank up your soon to be raising the level and making new artifact weapons and now u give me a 75% return??? Shouldnt that be a 100%??? Robbed I feel once mod 6 comes out then if u insist on doing this. Post if u feel robbed also.

Well hate to be the one to break it to you, that blog is an outright lie, the actually return of RP is actually only 40%, the 75% comes from the fact that a lvl 60 artifact Will bring the new ones to lvl 48(aka 75% of the way) but doesnt Account for that the last 12 lvls Will require a lot more RP than the first 48 combined...
  • generalcolegeneralcole Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    75% should be great...but they will give you less then 40% as RPs....and yes,it's just a great speculation
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for making my mind up for me unless they recant the bad decision.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    40% is a slap in the face to the players, and the devs must know how upset this made us all. If they truly feel the need to make new gear instead of upgrading the current stuff, we should not be paying the price for that. 75% isn't great but accounts for depreciation I guess. If they are lying and its not 75% RP return as stated in the blog then that's a whole new level of deceitfulness they had better be rethinking as they prepare the mod for release. At the very least they should give us a x2 RP weekend the week after launch so we have time to get the new pieces and get ~80% return.

The players are watching, Cryptic. Bad decisions along these lines have really thinned out the playerbase. Making the right choice here could restore some of that lost good will.
  • blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah this is really discouraging. I can understand them making the new items have a higher total cap so that you can't just turn in an epic or legendary item for a fully refined better one, but they should at least give you 100% credit for the refinements you already earned.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think that when i spend 100$ on something that when i get 75$ in return something stinks.

You're not paying for something to get a "return" on it. This isn't the stock market or a 401k.

Every dollar you put into Neverwinter is for entertainment purposes only. You're only paying for access to the content, not actually buying anything. And even then, what you paid money for was Zen, not an item. Artifacts, equipment, enchantments, etc. have no monetary value.

If you want to get a "return on your investment", buy stocks or start a 401k...or even a savings account. Don't spend it on video games.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Every dollar you put into Neverwinter is for entertainment purposes only. You're only paying for access to the content, not actually buying anything. And even then, what you paid money for was Zen, not an item. Artifacts, equipment, enchantments, etc. have no monetary value.

What? The content is free. Buying zen allows you to enhance that content with better quality items. The notion that you're just buying zen and not items is missing the forest for the trees. Who buys zen just to have zen and not use it?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, that's the technicality there. All that stuff you're buying in the game has no monetary value.

So you can't say that your current artifact weapon is worth $X but you lost $Y because of the new one. From a legal standpoint, at least. You got exactly what you paid for. There was no contract, nor guarantee of anything sort of value or return on said value.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Anyone know how much more powerful the new stuff is over the current BiS? Take a what 60 percent hit on something that only one incremental notch better. That would sting a bit. Kinda makes me feel better about being behind all the time, not a single orange yet.... boo! becomes yay!
    Saved!
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yup this is why endgame gear doesn't interest me.
    edited March 2015
    I just dont understand why they wouldnt make it a 100% input into the new artifact. This due to that ppl earned the points they put into it and it was NOT there choice to get a new one. Instead of 75% going in to make it level 48, Not thinking about all the time and money ppl played for and spent..thats all, so if yalll cant see something wrong then that's on you. Another words if i have 4million refine points in my artifact i expect that to go into my basically pretty much, involuntary new artifact due to mod 6 , to be able to be competative still. Then buy more refinements stones or trade ad for them to get it mythic..to me it is a no brainer Cryptic pls rethink this move.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Theft, lol. If it is theft, how come you still have the item and RP you paid for? OK, so there is a new weapon coming. That is entirely not relevant to your previous buying choices. When Ford introduce a new car model they'll let you use your current car as part-payment but you won't get back the amount you paid for it.

And, yeah, 40% unless you can wait for a double RP event.
    BTW. None of this is real....
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Theft, lol. If it is theft, how come you still have the item and RP you paid for? OK, so there is a new weapon coming. That is entirely not relevant to your previous buying choices. When Ford introduce a new car model they'll let you use your current car as part-payment but you won't get back the amount you paid for it.

And, yeah, 40% unless you can wait for a double RP event.
    BTW. None of this is real....

It is real if you spent MONEY! Not including peoples time is MONEY!
    edited March 2015
    they have right, there is no reason to complain
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    they have right, there is no reason to complain

Just because someone has the right to do anything shouldnt mean do it WRONG!
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well I'm happy that I can get anything for my existing artifact weapon. They didn't have to give me 40% rp value. Sure, I'd take a better deal if one was offered but oh well. Frankly I think the trade in value is fair and reasonable.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
    edited March 2015
    Here's the deal. This is an MMO. It grows. It changes.

New equipment is going to come and go. Don't ever "buy" anything if you can't deal with it eventually being obsolete. Just because you paid "real money" for something doesn't mean it's always going to be the best, especially when it comes to equipment.

And again, Crytpic or PWE never sold you a Legendary Artifact. You purchased Zen, and then used that in game on whatever you wanted.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    What? The content is free.

Time is money. People invested at a minimum lots of time to upgrade the current equipment artifacts. Only getting 40% of that time back to an (essentially) forced upgrade is a real slap.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Time is money. People invested at a minimum lots of time to upgrade the current equipment artifacts. Only getting 40% of that time back to an (essentially) forced upgrade is a real slap.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. :)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    This game is fun for new players. For people who have put time into it, it is a grind that will keep asking for your time and money with little return on that time and money. If you don't see that at this point, then good for you.

Neverwinter is a money grab, plain and simple. If you look at every single aspect of this game, it is designed to make you want to spend your money. It feels like it wasn't always this way, and it certainly wasn't this way when I started. However. Look deep at reasons for why anything in this game exists, and you can see dollar signs.

A few examples in case you missed them:

artifact gear
    enchantments
    pets that need a million ad to upgrade
    ridiculously low drop rates on essential boon items

are any of these things there for the purpose of enjoyment? No. They exist because they want your money. And the thing is, neverwinter would make great money if they only offered things like epic mounts and fashion and transmutes for real money. They would easily get most people who play to pay about the same as what you'd pay for a console game. Why do they need more? It's certainly not because they are putting out fresh new content very often. It's certainly not to help them fix currently disgusting instances like tiamat. Go back to playing a console game for a while. You'll see even more plainly how much Neverwinter wants your cash.

If they cared about their players, they would listen and implement changes that would make us happy. Let our artifacts gain experience with us, for example. Implement things in the zen store that would be fun to purchase, rather than monetizing every aspect of the game. It would be easy to fix Neverwinter and make it one of the best online games available. They have the mechanics of such a great experience. But they are ruining it with greed.
  • arakk00arakk00 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015

HEY ********. You seem to forget the example- level 48 is still PURPLE TIER. The new purple-tier artifact weapons are a solid upgrade to the orange-tier ones right now- stats wise and likely ability boost wise. You aren't "LOSING MONEYZ BEING FORCED 2 UPGRADE OMG", you're being GIVEN more power than the previous artifact had for free- and you now have space to expand again. WTF is with this thread? Do you people THINK? EVER?
    A <Friendly Dragon>!
    edited March 2015
    With a 2x the additional work is limited
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not going to quote arak00 because his language was a little immoderate, but his post is essentially correct:

You have already had use of your Golden Dragon mainhand, and if you never want to drop another peridot/piece of gear in it, don't -- it's still useable. And since you have gotten use from it, it's not shocking that you will not get full value for trading it in, just like when buying a new car.

However, you will get the new Elemental Fire mainhand for free, and dropping your mainhand into it will instantly increase your stats and weapon damage from the old mainhand. You will have to pay the upgrade costs, but green -->blue is essentially free, as is purple --> orange f you visit DR lairs regularly, so that leaves you 3 blue marks (about 10k AD in AH now) plus some preservation wards.

If you stop right there and never refine again, the new mainhand is better than your old one -- for ~10k AD! But continue to throw in gear drops and RP - which we will have more ways to get in Mod 6 -- and that main hand gets even better!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015

So you pay me 20000 € for my 1993 Volvo? Sweet. PM me and I'll give you my address...

OK, practical working life of the current BiS gear was very short. Almost completely eaten up by just getting and upgrading it. And this with doing the selfsame bossfight over and over again :^/

...well, last time (Remember? long ago when Mod 4 hit us) we got all but nothing for our then-BiS gear, which also had cost some farming, getting weaponsmithing up to lvl 20,...

I don't like the low return, but 40% is way better than the 1300 RP last time. Or maybe 80% if you have the patience and the storage space...
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The mod 6 weapons are much better, so see this as an improvement you have to play to get.
  • xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A 40% return is truly a slap in the face, I agree with that. But the whole money issue is how all these free to play games work and i do not have issues with that.

Sure PWE/Cryptic could make changes to make more people happy and they are trying to do that. We all know you cant please everyone. I agree with this issue of a 40% return but also agree that cryptic has been doing things right thus far and hopefully they rethink this issue.
    edited March 2015
    People invested at a minimum lots of time to upgrade the current equipment artifacts. Only getting 40% of that time back to an (essentially) forced upgrade is a real slap.

That's crazy. This is a game. A leisure activity. Something you do for fun. Not a job.

If you're not having fun, what's the point? And if you're taking this so seriously that you feel like you got slapped in the face...might I recommend a new hobby?
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't really understand all your QQ.

Before Mod 6, all patches brought new and better, or significantly different gear. You old BiS gear wasn't necessarily BiS anymore, more often than not. And you old gear fetched 10k AD at the salvager. End of story, nobody complained.

And getting the stuff had been strenuous and time consuming, too. It could take several dozen VT or MC runs to get that offhand, e.g. or your last piece of set armour.

Now you actually get quite a bit of your old scrap metal's power transferred to your new shiney, which also is quite a lot more power gain than we've seen ever before, and everybody screams bloody murder with that attitude of rightful entitlement. Meh...