test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guild Strongholds...what do we want to see?

Comments

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I really really want personal player housing. The foundry tools already give us at least a basic set of what's needed to make them, so adding it in wouldn't take too much dev time I would think.

I dunno, I just want a house I can call home. Something like Everquest 2's housing would work for me too.

In EQ2 you are able to "rent" various different locations with in game gold for a week at a time. You can backlog your rent for as long as you can afford (in effect making it indefinitely yours) and the only downside to letting your rent expire is that you can't access it again until you pay more rent (no back rent is due for time missed and you don't lose your stuff).

Ahaha you could always make a foundry quest that's basically just your house :P and just never hand it in.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This has been requested countless times repeatedly since beta. Don't hold your breath. It's been three years already.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like the idea of guild or player houses or instances. For example, a guild could purchase a plot of land and place certain buildings and structures which could add to the player experience in small, but meaningful, ways:

Guild house/fort/keep/castle
    - Social hub: place to gather, hold guild and social events
    - Storage of items
    - Stronghold for defense in inter-guild wars
    - Customisable features: i.e. traps, walls, hidden rooms.

Profession structures
    - Small increase (e.g. +5%) in the quality of items produced if professions are commenced here
    - E.g. Blacksmith, Alchemists Den, Artificer's room etc
    - These structures could be bought and added in the plot of land or building purchased (if enough rooms are available).

Customisable content
    - Purely aesthetic additions e.g. fountains, gardens, decorations which could be purchased
    - Or structures which could benefit things in small ways such as a Summoning Circle (summon a companion here and receive a +10% HP buff to the creature for the next hour) or a Stable (mounts summoned here get a +5% run speed increase for the next hour)
    - Mini games that guildies could play with each other: chess, dice, darts, blackgammon, cards. (In fact, the Moonstone Mask should have mini-games and betting stations e.g. horse races for example).
    - Recreational structures: fishing pond, jousting arenas, archery ranges

Utilities and Conveniences
    - Fighting room, where you can train on dummies.
    - Monster simulation area: a magical room where monsters/bosses are summoned for players to practice on.
    - PvP area where guildies can practice PvP on each other
    - Teleportation portal which will allow players to port to another part of the world
    - Barkeep - where you could buy and sell consumables (employed staff would need a fee to be paid to keep them employed i.e. in gold, so they don't stay around forever).

While it might be an AD/zen/timesink, it might also allow guild members to congregate together. They could invite other players or guilds into their instance for roleplaying events. They could also create inter-guild wars if one guild wants to attack another guild, with rewards and penalties given to the victor and the loser (small, and not game breaking rewards and penalties, commensurate with the time and effort invested in the siege/defense).
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    I like the idea of guild or player houses or instances. For example, a guild could purchase a plot of land and place certain buildings and structures which could add to the player experience in small, but meaningful, ways:

Guild house/fort/castle/keep
    - Social hub: place to gather, hold guild and social events
    - Storage of items
    - Stronghold for defense in inter-guild wars
    - Customisable features: i.e. traps, walls, hidden rooms.

Profession structures
    - Small increase (e.g. +5%) in the quality of items produced if professions are commenced here
    - E.g. Blacksmith, Alchemists Den, Artificer's room etc
    - These structures could be bought and added in the plot of land purchased

Customisable content
    - Purely aesthetic additions e.g. fountains, gardens, decorations which could be purchased
    - Or structures which could benefit things in small ways such as a Summoning Circle (summon a companion here and receive a +10% HP buff to the creature for the next hour) or a Stable (mounts summoned here get a +5% run speed increase for the next hour)
    - Mini games that guildies could play with each other: chess, dice, darts, blackgammon, cards. (In fact, the Moonstone Mask should have mini-games and betting stations e.g. horse races for example).

Utilities and Conveniences
    - Fighting room, where you can train on dummies.
    - Monster simulation area: a magical room where monsters/bosses are summoned for players to practice on.
    - PvP area where guildies can practice PvP on each other
    - Teleportation portal which will allow players to port to another part of the world
    - Barkeep - where you could buy and sell consumables (employed staff would need a fee to be paid to keep them employed i.e. in gold, so they don't stay around forever).

While it might be an AD/zen/timesink, it might also allows guild members to congregate together. They could invite other players or guilds into their instance for roleplaying events. They could also create inter-guild wars if one guild wants to attack another guild, with rewards and penalties given to the victor and the loser (small, and not game breaking rewards and penalties, commensurate with the time and effort invested in the siege/defense).

They have confirmed that "Guild strongholds" are coming sometime after mod 6. so its definitely in the works.
    However we dont have a specific timeframe, This is the only timeframe that is quoted from the article I can see
    Strongholds, Neverwinter's take on guild housing, has also been announced as a feature of a release from later in 2015.

They may be in mod 7, they may not be until mod 8
    if this was a Valve game. I'd say they are coming "Soon"
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    climasclimas Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Ahaha you could always make a foundry quest that's basically just your house :P and just never hand it in.

hha genius! awesome idea
  • Options
    ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    - a stable where I can drop off my spare mounts without destroying them
    - a wardrobe for my fashion sets
    - a storage for idle companions which may or may not start to roam around the place doing whatever.
    - a mailbox.
    - a trophy room, listing all your achievements.
    - an arena/practicing area
    - no zone chat if the place is to be in PE
    - a reasonable upkeep price.

+1 That pretty much sums it up, and definitely a great addition. Some sort of plot system where you can choose basic design and expand on that with either Zen/AD/Task investments. I don't think it needs to be so complex that it lets you build your base The Sims style but some variance in size and shape makes sense.

Some storage, some functionality, some bonuses in terms of buffs and/or crafting related endeavors. For example... a guild master alchemy station that lets players above a certain level of Alchemy craft higher level potions that are BoP. Why not? If the guild is investing an upkeep which should absolutely remain affordable, then a simple non-invasive boost similar to this is not out of the question.

Ultimately I see function of Guild Strongholds as a storage, ease of access, and game-enhancing addition. Anything extra would be icing but it remains to be seen what is intended.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would love some sort of stable to show off mounts
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I look forward to see two things in Guild Stronghold.

1. Hot Chips
    2. Hot Chicks :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    maegmaag wrote: »
    My guess is twill be similar to STO where u can beam to urs ships deck and invite other players even. Used in some quest lines too, with a light decor options. Not saying it were of much use and 100% working that time i was trying STO.

And as in STO, it's going to cost tens (if not hundreds for max lvl) of millions of ADs, and it will force people to join guilds to reap the benefits. Is that what the NW players want?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if they bring something like guild strongholds in game i really hope they do introduce some gameplay aspects related to it otherwise its just waste coding...
    i cant even imagine why a player whose goal is playing and have fun should care about wardrobe, stable or something like that.
    honestly i cant see any pve gameplay in guild strongholds.

desert black if i remember right introduced strongholds which could be attacked by other guilds. the attacked guild could ask help to other guilds and the defeated in the battle randomly loses piece of gear rewarded to the winner.
    the rewards could be split up between guild members and helpers.
    i dont think any of you would accept something like this and maybe me too but this is what i mean when talking about gameplay.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i cant even imagine why a player whose goal is playing and have fun should care about wardrobe, stable or something like that.

Why else would a player play the game? To be bored? The whole point is to have fun, only dumb PVP players say things like this.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Why else would a player play the game? To be bored? The whole point is to have fun, only dumb PVP players say things like this.

so you have fun having a wardrobe and a stable to pile up unused mounts and fashion sets?
    maaaan
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I would like it to be a 'nice to have' not a 'must have'.

I 'founded' my guild in open beta with a few friends who raided together in another MMO for years. They left over the years and I inherited their enchants, the vaults etc.

Over the last years, when the rest was still active, we invited dozends of players, helping them gear up, spending dozends of hours gearing them up and giving them equip enchants etc for millions of ADs. One of them loged to a shady site, got his account hacked and our vault plundered, millions lost. They all stopped playing, not even bothering to log in and give back the things we/ I lent to them. For example, I had dozends of SF enchants i lent to guildies and friends, now I have the ones I use myself, period, so I am done with guild recruitement.

I play with friends and help them out with time, tips and sometimes enchants, marks etc. My friends might ask me for something and get it or not. You wont belive the ammount of begging and whining I had to endure by some of their guild members, when they heared, that I have some AD.

While I like the idea of guild housing, I would hate it, to be 'forced' to join a guild to get BIS gear.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me, it seems like a monumental amount of effort for only a small QoL benefit. That dev time could be much better used on other things.

And whatever they give us, folks will always want more...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    For me, it seems like a monumental amount of effort for only a small QoL benefit. That dev time could be much better used on other things.

And whatever they give us, folks will always want more...

indeed. more dungeons "old style" would be much more appreciated
  • Options
    railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Massive PvP Guild Wars :)
    Massive PvE Guild Wars :D
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was too busy to read through 8 pages of responses, but did read the first page.

In the end, I'd rather have PERSONAL houses (or mini-castles) for either accounts or characters. This could be a HUGE AD sink as people furnish their homes. Each of the professions could involve the occasional rare task that allows creation of a housing item that is at least somewhat related to the profession being used. For example, weaponsmithing could have a task that allows creation of crest for the wall, or a battle ring, etc.

Sigh! I miss my house on RS - it was decked out!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    In other games, it was basically a trophy house for the individual or guild, but frankly only other guilders ever saw it, it was set in open neighborhoods and sometimes a non guild person would stop by and say.. where is that freaking 400 foot dragon come from or something like that.

It did have a few guild chests, but even maxed out and even being in a pretty small guild, it was only enough space for like 40 items, quickly used up.

and yes.. I had stables and wardrobes as well, I literally would change my female characters like 300 times in a year (was free after initial wardrobe cost for all cosmetic changes)

I also did PVP, even ran a guild for monsters in lotro for over a year n half (r15 warleader , if you played that game, you know how long that takes to get there!) So dont lump everyone together, many of us enjoy many aspects of games. I would get bored if I just ran pvp all day, and I would get bored if I just had to do pve all day.

I get bored when IM forced to run one toon all the time as well, which is why IM SO vocal about allowing at least 2-3 toons to be geared in each mod, MOD 5 was the very worst this game has been, by far to me.

... oh ya, it was also a free port, but lotro made you progress in open world, so having many different ports around helped out alot, otherwise you would have to go through many zones.
  • Options
    farivfauxfarivfaux Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2015
    I personally like them to incorporate some dungeon elements. like if you do some stuff in a dungeon it you'll get something to add to your stronghold and not something to just look at like furniture but an item or forge or something that you can use in PVP or PVE.

Ditto for the PVP Elements if we do some PVP stuff get something for the guild that can be used for PVP or PVE.

Also have it so events happen like the guild gets attacked by cultist, demons or something and by putting effort in defenses (soldiers or ballista maybe) hold off and defeat invaders this would tie in the PVP and PVE elements to get the you the guild want or need for your guild.

Also themes we are in Neverwinter with Dwarves, Elves and Dragonborn if we have a fortress it should have feel like "This was crafted by the dwarfs" kinda feel.

if we have stronghold it should also be open and free I wanna go the ramparts I should if wanna walk put a lighting drake guard dog its ok

At least that’s my opinion anyway.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't forget something.

Mod 7 is named Strongholds.

Ok so we ll have guild house etc etc, cool feature or not we ll see.

But my thought is, i don't think that the elemental story is done.

On the table game there is a big dungeon to run to end this story, each of the towers you see in the leveling zone is an entrance for an underground fortress a "stronghold" where the main foes are ^^ the four prophets and the big elemental eye ^^.

So in my opinion for this module 7 we ll have guild house for sure but also a new dungeon, at least i hope.
    This story will continue i think in mod 7 will have two new kinds of elemntal coffers actually missing the air and the water they will launch for mod 7.

So as conclusion strongholds 'the title" means in my opinion severals things and not only guild houses ^^
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Would love to see Guild vs Guild PvP... would be awesome... :>
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yea..attacking or even defending a guild stronghold could be fun..make it that u can invite ur guild ally to join the battle as well..and it only will happen once a month during weekend..wouldn't want to lose the stronghold the next day >.<
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    I would like it to be a 'nice to have' not a 'must have'.

I 'founded' my guild in open beta with a few friends who raided together in another MMO for years. They left over the years and I inherited their enchants, the vaults etc.

Over the last years, when the rest was still active, we invited dozends of players, helping them gear up, spending dozends of hours gearing them up and giving them equip enchants etc for millions of ADs. One of them loged to a shady site, got his account hacked and our vault plundered, millions lost. They all stopped playing, not even bothering to log in and give back the things we/ I lent to them. For example, I had dozends of SF enchants i lent to guildies and friends, now I have the ones I use myself, period, so I am done with guild recruitement.

I play with friends and help them out with time, tips and sometimes enchants, marks etc. My friends might ask me for something and get it or not. You wont belive the ammount of begging and whining I had to endure by some of their guild members, when they heared, that I have some AD.

While I like the idea of guild housing, I would hate it, to be 'forced' to join a guild to get BIS gear.

yea..couldnt agree more..maybe developer could make non comsumable item a tag that its a loan from the guild bank and it will auto return to the bank when the time expire..that could prevent scam, hacks, non-returning player and etc..
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm glad my original post has generated so much intelligent discussion and excellent ideas...along with horror stories and nay-sayers, of course. It's all part of the process, and the excitement. Carry on!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Are we sure that this even has anything to do with player or guild housing? For all we know it's about entering PvE enemy strongholds.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    honestly i think guild strongholds are a waste of the devs time. but thats my opinion.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Stronghold should be free. Period.

An option for the guild leaders (and/or other designated person(s)) to design the interior of the stronghold, utilizing the Foundry.

There definitely needs to be a "campfire" in it.

Additional low- or no-cost guild storage with a direct link to the existing Guild Bank.

A way to provide "guild-only" foundry quests: "While sweeping the storage room, you find a trap door hidden under years of dust and neglect. You manage to pry the door open, which creaks loudly on hidden rusty hinges. A waft of stale, putrid air reaches your nostrils as you peer down an old rickety ladder that is swallowed by the darkness below. You draw your weapon and begin the descent..." Okay, that was a little over the top, but yeah.. that would be cool, especially if they were completely hidden... ie. not something in the Foundry catalog.. just... there.

I dunno.. there just seems to be a lot that could be done with something like this. But on the other hand, there is a lot that they could do with the game, but just keep dropping that ball...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want to see all of the current bugs fixed. That would be the best mod ever.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    An option for the guild leaders (and/or other designated person(s)) to design the interior of the stronghold, utilizing the Foundry.

I would like to see a blended approach. Take the DDO airship design in terms of unlock-able amenities with the power of NWOs foundry system to design the guild stronghold.

How do we unlock the amenities? Is this game F2P or P2W, I say in the spirit of F2P different amenities should be tied to different achievements. What do you do with all that currency stored up from lvling, how about some amenities requiring a deposit of X Blackdagger insignia as an example. These types of things would build a sense of community within the guild as people team together to upgrade a fireplace or open a training room, etc. Plus it would get some activity in some of the lvling areas as hoards of end-gamers return to farm and provide an avenue for new players by selling their earned zone currencies on AH.

The design can be similar to the current PVP achievement system and broken into categories. Maybe have a ladder for PVE achievements, a ladder for PVP achievements, a ladder for currency deposits, etc.

Do not put a requirement for guild population, etc. Small guilds should be able to unlock everything in time but I do not have a problem with big guilds being able to unlock faster using the power of more resources (do not force us to expand our ranks to include unfamiliars, I’ve been here far too long to return to recruiting, I have my guild mates, I like my guild mates, I don’t need drama).

Finally as mentioned, this game is F2P, so where is the revenue in this for PW. Well it’s the same as its always been, create expedite tokens or unlock tokens for sale with zen. If you want to unlock everything, guess what, you’ll be farming until mod 8, you want it next week… show me some plastic.

Yes there should be Boons included, the boons should be meaningful (especially for encouraging new players to join guild and participate within a guild). The boons should not be earth shattering, but they should be encouraging, maybe you have a way to get to a mailbox without returning to PE, expedite achievement of existing campaigns, gold drop bonus (since new players care about gold), access to some entry lvl assets like mounts or companions that would typically cost gold (but would still require AD to upgrade and of course zen market/AH/events will still provide better and custom alternatives as they do today.
This discussion has been closed.