test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Strongholds...what do we want to see?

Comments

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For Guild Strongholds...

1. Guild ranking based on several factors (not just PvP) and top overall ranked guild on server. Give bonus titles or chevrons appearing in game to identify. This will do away with frivolous guilds somewhat and bolster the in-game mechanism for guild pride.

2. Guild progress (monthly guild goals to achieve certain privileges). For example, do you want an X% reduction for the next month for all purchases in the Wondrous Bazaar, get Y number of Guild Currency by running dungeons, completing quests, doing PvP, etc.

3. Special portal to move to and from maps (has to be earned and maintained).

4. Special blacksmithing/transmuting profession levelled by guild leader/officer to make guild fashion, or maybe even a dye maker to make special dyes.

5. Raiding/Defending Guild with upgrades (through guild currency and status called Guild Honor).

6. Guild rank battles weekly on special map accessible. Points from battling mobs (like during events) or performing tasks (like GG) count toward final guild score. Have event run 30min to 1 hour. Guild with highest score gets special buffs for week.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I figure it will be like STO, requiring investing resources to build up tiers with new purchasable or craftable BIS stuff. Probably to revitalize or enforce some guild play into a mostly solitary mmo.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    I figure it will be like STO, requiring investing resources to build up tiers with new purchasable or craftable BIS stuff. Probably to revitalize or enforce some guild play into a mostly solitary mmo.

I did not play STO, would you mind elaborating on this stuff?
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please do NOT incorporate any PVP aspects into the guild stronghold. To do this will turn every guild into a de facto PVP guild, because the guilds who choose not to do this will be viewed as the "weirdo" guilds that nobody wants to join, and will slowly die out in favor of the ones that do participate in the PVP. Please no guild vs. guild raiding or anything like that. Let PVP be a player-level decision and not a guild-level decision.
    edited January 2015
    And besides, we all know what will happen if there ever is some sort of PVP aspect to guild strongholds or guild vs. guild raiding: all of the "high-end" PVP guilds will band together into one single PVP guild or guild alliance and then roflstomp everyone else.
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wimpazoid wrote: »

I hope not. The graphics of the guild buildings and all the creativity and little aesthetic details are awesome, but I greatly dislike the implementation of the system. In theory it doesn't sound bad but in the end it's more like work, than actually fun to do. It feels like you're constantly running to make it, either to build the project in time or get the supplies. Maybe my beef is with the pace that its all happening, a bit like when there is maintenance coming in the end of an event and you're trying to make sure you got everything, that kind of feeling, but much more frequent.

For instance, the crafting system of NW is superior to STO imo, so far. Plus that they keep changing stuff in STO and if you didn't have it till they nurfed it it's usually 3-4x harder to get it after the make changes there.
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Please do NOT incorporate any PVP aspects into the guild stronghold. To do this will turn every guild into a de facto PVP guild

Not necessarily true.

They could incorporate PVP-related guild activities for PVP buffs and PVE-related guild activities for PVE buffs.
    edited January 2015
    And besides, we all know what will happen if there ever is some sort of PVP aspect to guild strongholds or guild vs. guild raiding: all of the "high-end" PVP guilds will band together into one single PVP guild or guild alliance and then roflstomp everyone else.

The biggest reason why this is a huge problem is because this game is bleeding hardcore players due to the fact that there isn't much incentive for hardcore players to stay. Everything is too casual. You can't even queue as a team in Tiamat. No challenging/rewarding dungeons/raids. Players get BIS artifact equipment through the auction house. Fewer hardcore players means little moves here and there can easily create a superpower.
    edited January 2015
    The biggest reason why this is a huge problem is because this game is bleeding hardcore players due to the fact that there isn't much incentive for hardcore players to stay. Everything is too casual. You can't even queue as a team in Tiamat. No challenging/rewarding dungeons/raids. Players get BIS artifact equipment through the auction house. Fewer hardcore players means little moves here and there can easily create a superpower.

I am not sure what you are even talking about. "High-end" PVPers are superpowers because they bought all of their gear (via one method or another) and very few other players have the resources to keep up with them. That reality wouldn't change regardless of how the BIS gear was acquired.

But back to the topic at hand: There will always be guild imbalances regardless of how the gear was acquired, and we have empirical evidence that the "high-end" PVP guilds tend to ally together rather than fight each other in any organized activity. Since, the instant Mod 6 goes live, we can expect the "high-end" PVP players will achieve BIS status instantly, most likely because they will buy it all instantly, if there is any sort of guild vs. guild fighting, they will just spend the rest of mod 6 just stomping everyone while everyone else struggles to catch up.
  • elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm kinda curious on how guild vs guild stronghold raids would get spun "in universe".
    Heroic Defenders of Neverwinter! Band together with your mighty guild to destroy the strongolds of....um... other heroic defenders of Neverwinter in massive battles to ensure that when next evil threatens our fair city there....um will be less of you to save it... Yeah okay know what just don't think too deeply on it, look at all these shiny things you can get!"
    edited January 2015
    I'm kinda curious on how guild vs guild stronghold raids would get spun "in universe".
    Heroic Defenders of Neverwinter! Band together with your mighty guild to destroy the strongolds of....um... other heroic defenders of Neverwinter in massive battles to ensure that when next evil threatens our fair city there....um will be less of you to save it... Yeah okay know what just don't think too deeply on it, look at all these shiny things you can get!"

Yeah it's not even D&D compliant. Not like the PVPers really care about that anyway. (Or most players, for that matter.) But I fear that if Cryptic thinks they can make money off of it, that they will implement it anyway. After all we did get OWPVP...
  • oclosoclos Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also an idea that just popped in my mind...what if you could buy a room (or house within the castle walls if it's a castle) in your Guild stronghold and make that your permanent house? For Astral Diamonds, of course that you'd pay your guild(or get that for free and only pay for unlocks). I suppose both the player and the guild benefits this way(the guilds could use the AD to unlock projects and rooms of their own or even buildings for that matter) and the players wouldn't need to travel much to access both. So you could additionally customise it from there.

That's only an idea if they're not thinking personal housing as well for the moment(which I'd find odd, even if they haven't announced it yet). And player housing unlocks could be related to the Stronghold(e.g. want a bank? open an account in your Guild bank! And additionally for potions and stuff why not the cellar too! Want a a place to keep fashion? Ask them to build you a Wardrobe! Want a protector or a strong companion? Hire{permanently} a guardian from them or accept a mad experiment from their wizzardry section.)

Off-Topic: Or if you don't want to have all these services from your guild, roleplay an outcast and build it in a cave or dessert or something like that. Or if you're roleplaying a rich character, get your own luxurious house in Protector's Enclave, for a hefty price. Or then again they could make a specific town for all player housing that is a point in the map and another point in the map that is your own stronghold. They could actually base the guild-player housing in STO Fleet base for the stronghold and Astral Diamonds mine(That would make it similar to map spots you get for events and the foundry) and use the Romulan Embassy model for player housing(that would make it a common place for all players withing PE).
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think this is going to be like what they have in Forsaken World...

Guild buffs, camp fire for more xp rate and, maybe, slightly better drop rate of certain items. Guild only items and facilities depending on level of the guild. Guild skill nodes. Guild pvp or even pvpve instances.

The problem will be you need to contribute daily either through doing time consuming guild quests or donation of items only available from the zen shop or else you will lose the guild, and if you are not in a high level guild you are doomed.

This is what I "expect", not what I like to see... because as soon as you enter the guild hall, you will hear Sting singing:

The fox is done running
    And the beast is at bay
    We've run them in circles
    By the end of the day

Have fun!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's not derail this thread with personal arguments.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • bernatkbernatk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Ahhh, D&D is very fine with heroes combating among themselves. Here's one:

BcHL39Z.jpg
    JMYwySk.jpg
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    I still dont get why someone would waste resources on housing.... i see it as pointless but maybe you can enlighten me on their functions

Anyone else think of how a separate instance of a Guild Stronghold may prove to be less laggy than say a full Protector's Enclave instance?

As for those all hepped up about PvP in guilds lets limit it to "testing builds with guild buddies". We got enough types of PvP already, but testing in Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley still runs it's own risks of being randomly killed.

You could adapt the "pick a faction" to "Pick side A or B" for testing in a SMALL arena subsection of the Guild Stronghold where build testing has less fears of random interruption. You could also do your own little Guild Tournaments in it.

[ Translation - " all hepped up" - "to be overexcited, or highly emotional in a strong feeling" ]
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anyone else think of how a separate instance of a Guild Stronghold may prove to be less laggy than say a full Protector's Enclave instance?

No because I haven't lagged there since maybe the second week of open beta and don't understand what people are talking about with PE being laggy.
    edited January 2015
    Please make guilds more meaningful and have meaningful rewards for guild-related accomplishments.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please do NOT incorporate any PVP aspects into the guild stronghold. To do this will turn every guild into a de facto PVP guild, because the guilds who choose not to do this will be viewed as the "weirdo" guilds that nobody wants to join, and will slowly die out in favor of the ones that do participate in the PVP. Please no guild vs. guild raiding or anything like that. Let PVP be a player-level decision and not a guild-level decision.

sorry but for how it has been described this whole housing is awful at best.
    what would be interesting is including typical gameplay aspects of a typical mmo (pvp/pve).
    one couldn't care less to put a sofa here and there and get buffs for "the next 2 hours".
    there is "the sims" for that.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Again - Cryptic has already implemented this functionality in Star Trek Online. It will have a very different UI and will likely just be better overall since while there's a lot (like guild house, pvp challenges and private queues) that HAVEN'T made it into NW yet, everything that is similiar or otherwise based on the same concept if not codebase is executed better in Neverwinter (not to say the STO devs are worse, but they're creating the prototypes, NW devs have had the opportunity to refine the path forged by STO devs so they've had an easier time of it that way).

So. If I had to guess, the principle will be much the same where everyone in the guild can contribute to projects that enhance the guild stronghold (I don't like the term stronghold btw, why use that term when everyone is comfortable with Guildhouse??). Each project will have various requirements (10K AD + 50 Heal Kits + 100gp + 4 Mercenaries) and once full kick off and run for some period of time (24 hours... 36 hours, depends on the project). In STO, they made it so it would take something like 8 months or so to max the Fleet Base out assuming that the guild was able to fill each project the instant it came available... I wouldn't expect this to be much different.

Each member gets credits based on a calculated value of each object that they can spend on items in the guild vendors. Typically in STO, fleets base promotions on the contribution level of members - something that works well and I'm looking forward to being able to do in my guilds. Credits earned are not lost while leaving a guild. Everyone in the guild can see everyone else's contribution level.

There are periodic pure cosmetic projects you can run (they are timed, use or lose projects) along with ongoing resupply projects (that serve both to supply guild vendors with goods to keep them from being empty AND to give members something to contribute to and there are upgrade projects that you can run once you've hit certain thresholds.

In terms of content, I surmise there will be Defend the Stronghold events that will pop up, and perhaps other guild-only type events. I hope they manage to do more on the content side than STO has been able to, but that remains to be seen.

Here's what most likely will NOT happen: You will not be able to design your own guild stronghold in the foundry and have that ported over. I guess with technology anything's possible and I of course could be wrong here, but from what I know, this is simply not an option and will probably never be an option. If they can't give us the ability to create actual Boss creatures in our foundries what makes you think we could create custom guild strongholds with it? I think, if nothing else, the performance would be very bad... still, I agree it would be VERY cool - though deciding WHO gets to be the one to design it is a question - there's no collaboration in the foundry after all.
  • bayersbayers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The idea is simple one really, allow players to create their own little villages/hideout/home where they can customize their area very similar to foundry editor. Also have quests and achievements that unlocks more decor but more importantly increases the size of their area. Possibly add defensive npc components to the system which could lead to pvp raids and maybe even massive guild wars.

anyhow just an idea.....
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Some sort of housing option, probably guild-related, is in the works for post-Module 6
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They have hideouts in CO. While I really like them, the problem, IMO, is how to properly monetize them, and how to make them tie into the game in some way.

Personally, I think the best option would be to add personal/account bank, guild bank, mail, and a way of going to any zone, into each home that we are given. Further, perhaps they could add a series of quick quests, (maybe 1/day, scaled to your level), that can reward you with refining stones. That should make it desirable as a functional upgrade to your account.

Little touches, like being able to have your idle companions sitting around in the house, or having a small stable with some of your mounts standing around, would be very cool, too.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Some sort of housing option, probably guild-related, is in the works for post-Module 6

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Or maybe right after module 7. :rolleyes:
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I second this idea, but I must refer that this is a very long shot (extra achivements and quests).

I think it would be very LUCRATIVE for PWE/Cryptic..to implement personal and guild housing. This would open a door for the furniture...special decorations...so much money will come from people who like to customize. Even I would spend some euros on that.

Guild housing...would open the doors...for guild castles....and later for guild castle sieges .. guild vs guild fights.

I only see profit here. Maybe I need to write a personal message to the Pandaman, he might help us somehow.
    I am not sure if our ideas reach the suitmen from the MODS (they simply might lack the "acess" to those people...not their fault).

One thing is certain...these ideas are a goldmine...for both the PWE/Cryptic and the NWO gaming community.

Have fun all,
    Almondum.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really really want personal player housing. The foundry tools already give us at least a basic set of what's needed to make them, so adding it in wouldn't take too much dev time I would think.

I dunno, I just want a house I can call home. Something like Everquest 2's housing would work for me too.

In EQ2 you are able to "rent" various different locations with in game gold for a week at a time. You can backlog your rent for as long as you can afford (in effect making it indefinitely yours) and the only downside to letting your rent expire is that you can't access it again until you pay more rent (no back rent is due for time missed and you don't lose your stuff).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I really really want personal player housing. The foundry tools already give us at least a basic set of what's needed to make them, so adding it in wouldn't take too much dev time I would think.

I dunno, I just want a house I can call home. Something like Everquest 2's housing would work for me too.

In EQ2 you are able to "rent" various different locations with in game gold for a week at a time. You can backlog your rent for as long as you can afford (in effect making it indefinitely yours) and the only downside to letting your rent expire is that you can't access it again until you pay more rent (no back rent is due for time missed and you don't lose your stuff).

Ahaha you could always make a foundry quest that's basically just your house :P and just never hand it in.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This has been requested countless times repeatedly since beta. Don't hold your breath. It's been three years already.
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I like the idea of guild or player houses or instances. For example, a guild could purchase a plot of land and place certain buildings and structures which could add to the player experience in small, but meaningful, ways:

Guild house/fort/keep/castle
    - Social hub: place to gather, hold guild and social events
    - Storage of items
    - Stronghold for defense in inter-guild wars
    - Customisable features: i.e. traps, walls, hidden rooms.

Profession structures
    - Small increase (e.g. +5%) in the quality of items produced if professions are commenced here
    - E.g. Blacksmith, Alchemists Den, Artificer's room etc
    - These structures could be bought and added in the plot of land or building purchased (if enough rooms are available).

Customisable content
    - Purely aesthetic additions e.g. fountains, gardens, decorations which could be purchased
    - Or structures which could benefit things in small ways such as a Summoning Circle (summon a companion here and receive a +10% HP buff to the creature for the next hour) or a Stable (mounts summoned here get a +5% run speed increase for the next hour)
    - Mini games that guildies could play with each other: chess, dice, darts, blackgammon, cards. (In fact, the Moonstone Mask should have mini-games and betting stations e.g. horse races for example).
    - Recreational structures: fishing pond, jousting arenas, archery ranges

Utilities and Conveniences
    - Fighting room, where you can train on dummies.
    - Monster simulation area: a magical room where monsters/bosses are summoned for players to practice on.
    - PvP area where guildies can practice PvP on each other
    - Teleportation portal which will allow players to port to another part of the world
    - Barkeep - where you could buy and sell consumables (employed staff would need a fee to be paid to keep them employed i.e. in gold, so they don't stay around forever).

While it might be an AD/zen/timesink, it might also allow guild members to congregate together. They could invite other players or guilds into their instance for roleplaying events. They could also create inter-guild wars if one guild wants to attack another guild, with rewards and penalties given to the victor and the loser (small, and not game breaking rewards and penalties, commensurate with the time and effort invested in the siege/defense).
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vordayn wrote: »
    I like the idea of guild or player houses or instances. For example, a guild could purchase a plot of land and place certain buildings and structures which could add to the player experience in small, but meaningful, ways:

Guild house/fort/castle/keep
    - Social hub: place to gather, hold guild and social events
    - Storage of items
    - Stronghold for defense in inter-guild wars
    - Customisable features: i.e. traps, walls, hidden rooms.

Profession structures
    - Small increase (e.g. +5%) in the quality of items produced if professions are commenced here
    - E.g. Blacksmith, Alchemists Den, Artificer's room etc
    - These structures could be bought and added in the plot of land purchased

Customisable content
    - Purely aesthetic additions e.g. fountains, gardens, decorations which could be purchased
    - Or structures which could benefit things in small ways such as a Summoning Circle (summon a companion here and receive a +10% HP buff to the creature for the next hour) or a Stable (mounts summoned here get a +5% run speed increase for the next hour)
    - Mini games that guildies could play with each other: chess, dice, darts, blackgammon, cards. (In fact, the Moonstone Mask should have mini-games and betting stations e.g. horse races for example).

Utilities and Conveniences
    - Fighting room, where you can train on dummies.
    - Monster simulation area: a magical room where monsters/bosses are summoned for players to practice on.
    - PvP area where guildies can practice PvP on each other
    - Teleportation portal which will allow players to port to another part of the world
    - Barkeep - where you could buy and sell consumables (employed staff would need a fee to be paid to keep them employed i.e. in gold, so they don't stay around forever).

While it might be an AD/zen/timesink, it might also allows guild members to congregate together. They could invite other players or guilds into their instance for roleplaying events. They could also create inter-guild wars if one guild wants to attack another guild, with rewards and penalties given to the victor and the loser (small, and not game breaking rewards and penalties, commensurate with the time and effort invested in the siege/defense).

They have confirmed that "Guild strongholds" are coming sometime after mod 6. so its definitely in the works.
    However we dont have a specific timeframe, This is the only timeframe that is quoted from the article I can see
    Strongholds, Neverwinter's take on guild housing, has also been announced as a feature of a release from later in 2015.

They may be in mod 7, they may not be until mod 8
    if this was a Valve game. I'd say they are coming "Soon"
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
This discussion has been closed.