test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any new belt coming aside from int-cha valindra and lostmauth?

Comments

• koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i m quite sure those are placeholder btw i dont understand your comment...are you trying to defend this very biased stat choice [if this is what we will have live] or what?

he is a CW
  • drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    New MOD
    Elol Need Tank, Healer , Cws
    Valindra Need Tank, Healer , Cws
    Malabog Need Tank, Healer , Cws
    Pvp , Only Tr
  • rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We're talking here new equipments, and it so happened that the new belts with set bonuses have same INT/CHA. What do devs wanted us to understand and believe on this then?
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There should be more stat combos to satisfy all classes with their various builds.
    You can choose specific bonuses in artifact gear mainhand (elemental fire) and offhand.
    Why not to give same ability to choose stats in artifact belts?
    Then every class can pick favourited belt (bcos of set bonus or atributes) and all will be happy.
    Or not?

agreed here, would love some of those belt sets, but really seems like none are worth chaseing for a tr will just go greater dex str or cha depending on stats and where i go stat allocation wise
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are more sets/belts/cloaks than valindra/lostmauth, like mentioned Tiamat Set on dev branches.
    There also are Greater versions of STAT belts (like Greater Owlbear Leather Belt of Intelligence)

These items are on dev branches and are not on preview server yet.
    Unfortunatelly, I am not allowed to put data from any dev branch until it hits preview server.

This is also unknown which sets will hit preview and if will hit at all.

PS
    As a consolation prize, it looks one overload enchantment has leaked into preview and if I good remember, it wasn`t discussed on forum yet.

Icon_Inventory_Enchantment_Dragon_Metallic_Major.png
    Shimmering Metallic Mark
    When taking damage you have a 25% chance to gain Metallic Protection for 20 seconds. Metallic Protection reduces all incoming damage by 50% and increases your Life Steal by 2000. When Metallic Protection ends you and all allies within 30' gain 5000 Temporary Hit Points. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    beatannier wrote: »
    There are more sets/belts/cloaks than valindra/lostmauth, like mentioned Tiamat Set on dev branches.
    There also are Greater versions of STAT belts (like Greater Owlbear Leather Belt of Intelligence)

Unfortunatelly, I am not allowed to put data from any dev branch until it hits preview server.

PS
    As a consolation prize, it looks one overload enchantment has leaked into preview and if I good remember, it wasn`t discussed on forum yet.

Shimmering Metallic Mark

would you mind to share via pm the other set please?

that overload is on preview data since mod 4, i dropped it when testing the skirmishes the first day when it was up for error.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah the Shimmering marks were from module 4 preview but got removed , I wonder if this stuff is what they plan on using to replace the set bonuses on gear? -

OjAoMJd.jpg8tV8NWj.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The thing was quite OP for both m4 and m5.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah the Shimmering marks were from module 4 preview but got removed , I wonder if this stuff is what they plan on using to replace the set bonuses on gear? -

OjAoMJd.jpg8tV8NWj.jpg

That would actually be a really cool idea...different gems with different minor bonuses. Let people pick the stats they want on the armor, then customize them with different ability overload gems.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rhinefordrhineford Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    beatannier wrote: »

PS

Shimmering Metallic Mark

These greater STAT belts doesn't even have set bonuses like these new belts from dungeons :/
    edited March 2015
    rhineford wrote: »
    These greater STAT belts doesn't even have set bonuses like these new belts from dungeons :/

new belts from dungeons with bonuses?????
    explain
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    As some of you have rightly guessed, what you saw on preview were placeholder stats for many of the items in collections. Rest assured that at launch ability scores will be equally represented.
  • koalazebraiikoalazebraii Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    asterdahl wrote: »
    As some of you have rightly guessed, what you saw on preview were placeholder stats for many of the items in collections. Rest assured that at launch ability scores will be equally represented.

lostmauth should be STR-DEX cause lostmauth is strong and dexterous
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    All the greater belts with 2 stats have been altered , now the Lostmauth belt has Str/Dex , guess there's gonna be happy TR's

No idea if these changes are intended or whatever , here are the stats on all the dual stat belts -

Greater belt of Seldarine - Con/Dex lvl 60 version was Dex/Cha

Belt of Vallindras Guard - Int/Cha

Golden Belt of Puissance (new lostmauth set) - Str/Dex

Greater Lathanders belt - Wis/Cha lvl 60 version was Con/Dex

Greater Waistband of Honor - Remains Str/Wis

Greater belt of Black ice - Con/Cha lvl 60 version was Int/Cha

here is a quote from iambecks who posted this on a different thread
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Would you be willing/able to explain to us why the devs altered the ability scores on the lathander/seldarine/Black ice belts?
    The Dex/CON was a very useful combination of stats on lathander for GWF/GF and to some extent SW and TRs characters in combination with the lathander set bonus and the +AC gained from the lathander neck but now that the greater lathander belt has been changed to WIS/CHA it is useless for the GWF/GF whom it was excellent for (and a decent choice for paladins) to being an excellent choice for paladins and to some extent TRs.
    The change to WIS/CHA also has the following effect - the ranged classes have access to a set bonus that makes them much less squishy overall and less in need of a tank while the GF/GWF tanks have one less option to increase their survivability

Similar arguments using other classes and examples can be made for the other belts that were changed.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    Would you be willing/able to explain to us why the devs altered the ability scores on the lathander/seldarine/Black ice belts?
    The Dex/CON was a very useful combination of stats on lathander for GWF/GF and to some extent SW and TRs characters in combination with the lathander set bonus and the +AC gained from the lathander neck but now that the greater lathander belt has been changed to WIS/CHA it is useless for the GWF/GF whom it was excellent for (and a decent choice for paladins) to being an excellent choice for paladins and to some extent TRs.
    The change to WIS/CHA also has the following effect - the ranged classes have access to a set bonus that makes them much less squishy overall and less in need of a tank while the GF/GWF tanks have one less option to increase their survivability

Similar arguments using other classes and examples can be made for the other belts that were changed.

WIS/CHA is for DCs although i'd take WIS/STR anytime. Clerics may have good sets too. :)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, all I require in a belt is that it has the highest bonus to my crit proc ability. +1% per upgrade (+5% at mythic?) the rest is just a bonus.

the additional boost to proccing crits is so much better of a bonus then some of another stat, im not sure why anyone would ever want a 2 stat belt.

Specially considering the massive nerf to crit proc from rating with the new curve.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    Well, all I require in a belt is that it has the highest bonus to my crit proc ability. +1% per upgrade (+5% at mythic?) the rest is just a bonus.

The artifact gear isn't going to mythic anymore ( unless it is a upcoming change they plan on adding next week) , only artifacts go up to mythic now.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why would they change the sets stats around? Many people have gathered a full set with a pricy artifact and now suddenly it is of no use to them. Black ice set in my case. From int / cha changed to con / cha - not very fair... can I get a refund on my Black is beholder please... that would be 3 000 000 AD and 3 million refining points worth of gems and ... some mixed refining materials?
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And while you're here, may I piggybag and ask if you can give artifact neck some other ability than AC/AP gain?
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pile2000 wrote: »
    Why would they change the sets stats around? Many people have gathered a full set with a pricy artifact and now suddenly it is of no use to them. Black ice set in my case. From int / cha changed to con / cha - not very fair... can I get a refund on my Black is beholder please... that would be 3 000 000 AD and 3 million refining points worth of gems and ... some mixed refining materials?

This makes no sense to me: it's good to have a spread of stat combos, but to change them on the Greater belts just hurts people who bought/ground for artifacts to make a set whose belt no longer fits their stats.

I haven't bothered to make a set on any character, but if there is a class unserved by the current artifact sets and stat bonuses, then use the new sets to correct that. Don't switch all the old sets, too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They also made BI belt and neck cost 250k BI each rather than Linus'es now. That is SO much harder to get than 15 Linuses + (assumed) some dragon farming.

So not only is the stats on BI stuff wrong for CW now, but it also is moved from the (assumed) 'easy' to get gear into the very hard to get gear.

If Cryptic is forcing me to switch artifact set that is fine, but I would then expect to be able to trade in my BI beholder for the similar one of the new set at the same refinement level. If not this module will be very unfair for those classes having their sets switched away versus those that can keep their old artifact.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Am I wrong in thinking these are altogether new equipment? I didn't think you could upgrade "old" (current level 60) artifacts and artifact equipment beyond legendary status, which is going to be capped at around IL80 or so.

So - aren't these "new" artifacts and gear totally new? Isn't that why they're talking about the ability to refine your old gear into your new gear (with a weird take on percentages). I just thought the stats changing have no effect on what you're currently using; but if that's so, I guess I also don't understand why they would call them the same thing.

I am constantly missing the obvious, though, so probably I am wrong.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as I can see on PTS, the sets are getting upgraded with new greater belts and cloaks, but keeping their artifacts.

So if just *some* classes will need to get and level new artifacts, that will be unfair compared to classes that can keep their old artifacts.

But the devs also posted they would drop set effects altogether, so if that is the case we do not have any 'sets' any more. So I dunno.

But *if* there is set effects so we need to build cloak-belt-artifact sets, it will be unfair if only some classes need to obtain(and level) a new artifact.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Greater belt of Seldarine - Con/Dex lvl 60 version was Dex/Cha

Belt of Vallindras Guard - Int/Cha

Golden Belt of Puissance (new lostmauth set) - Str/Dex

Greater Lathanders belt - Wis/Cha lvl 60 version was Con/Dex

Greater Waistband of Honor - Remains Str/Wis

Greater belt of Black ice - Con/Cha lvl 60 version was Int/Cha

Great! As if we haven't had enough FUs from the devs. Artifacts sets are completely and utterly useless to my 3 toons now. GG Septic, a good way to milk your clients for more moneyz...well not from me, my wallet stays closed to you!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • cormerilcormeril Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    if you can aquire the black ice sets from iwd, is there a chance the new lathanders or seldarine sets can be aquired from dread ring/sharandar for their respectice campaign currencies?
  • skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does anybody know, why greater seldarine belt has only 1 point in CON? Why not 2? I think it is bug, and very strong.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    skpalantir wrote: »
    Does anybody know, why greater seldarine belt has only 1 point in CON? Why not 2? I think it is bug, and very strong.

This is most certainly a bug and while it will not be fixed for day one of Elemental Evil, expect to see this fixed not long after.
    edited April 2015
    This is most certainly a bug and while it will not be fixed for day one of Elemental Evil, expect to see this fixed not long after.

Would you be so nice to increase a bit black ice artifact, lastmauth artifact and other set artifacts drop rates a bit?
    Maybe eveb put lathander artifact finally tradable would help
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Or just make it possible to buy eye of lathander for currencies. (can br crazy amount like for BI) I have all of those maxed anyway.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain