test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Control Wizard Cap Raise

Comments

• commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    Erm... i do not wish to be rude here but you Control Wizards do that ALL the TIME. You guy already destroyed the Guardian Fighters, the Great Weapon Fighters and you guys already whined out the nerf hammer on my Tyrannical Threat. So in the name all of the 3 classes THANK YOU Control Wizards!!

lol. Just how did CWs destroy GFs exactly?
    Everybody loves GFs around themself!
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ​​ bug uncertain allegiance.
    description says apply 5% critical chance to allies for 10 seconds when land a critical hit.
    1.when renegade do a critical hit the buff apply also on renegade not only on allies.
    2.when the buff activates before timer ends if renegade critical reset the timer back to 10 seconds and make the buff almost permanent.

• gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »

The feat Chilling Control needs to be re-worked. It has been rendered totally useless with the addition of Icy Veins. A feat that inflicts 5 stacks of chill on enemies hit by Sudden Storm is completely worthless when all enemies get 5 stacks of chill on them automatically with the activation of a encounter.

Edited to fix names of feats

I'm agree with abaddon523.

Chilling control needs to be re-worked.

Is it possible to change it to something like this:

Sudden Storm now stun targets afflicted with chill.
    The target is stun for 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.

or 0.33/0.66/1/1.33/1.66 seconds, if you think is too powerful.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Storm Pillar Bug:
    Storm Pillar still does not crit correctly when fully charged. Fully charged storm pillars smaller bolts do not crit at all when the main pillar crits
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    How is Abyss of chaos now? worth gettng?
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I think this spell needs to be re-evaluated. In module 6 enemies have a healthy about of control resistance. This adversely affects Singularity more than any other spell because enemies are no longer dragged together and "sucked up" into the singularity. Instead they just stay where they are at and hop in place. Enemies are not clumped together and they are not controlled for any real duration.

Even maxing out my control strength doesn't make a difference. I still can't pull enemies together with the spell.

Increasing the casting time made the spell extremely dangerous to cast as you frequently drew aggro and died before ever getting the spell off. Decreasing the number of enemies affected to 7 further reduced the number of situations where it was useful. But now that enemies aren't even clumped? It really serves no purpose.

Enemies who have crowd control still need to be dragged together or the spell is worthless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's a good point, Abaddon. If the game is going back to the old days where at Launch and even Module 1, CWs focused mostly on CC and positioning the mobs, and less on actual DPS, then I don't see why we can't get back to a more functional Singularity.

Any thoughts on changing control immune mobs to being stun, knockdown and daze immune, but not immune to pushes, pulls and slows? That would also help make CW's who focus on control more useful during boss fights. But it can be frustrating to fight control immune mobs who are also the most deadly mobs, and feeling pretty impotent against them.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It is common to all arcane skills give stack and renew the arcane mastery. Disintegrate is not doing it. This is intentional?

It is apparent that this skill only gives damage when it affects the target. Unlike other control skills that occur the damage even when used against immune. This is intentional?

You can change the Shield Pulse to break down control instead of damage and push?

You can place a greater visual effect of the target on fire to get an idea about the skill action time?

You can change this skill to work as a flamethrower? It's hard to keep clicking the mouse nonstop to use it is a target only.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feed ack: Scorching burst and Stormpillar.

Both spell use a charge mechanics that restrict there choice as At-will. Why not changing them to always apply full effect but with a short cooldown of a few second ?
    edited March 2015
    This weekend, I was testing a few way for not using Criticzl Conflagration for applying Smolder on mobs. But there's no other way to pratically do it.
    > Scorching burst is too long to use and can be dangerous to use in some dituation.
    > Fanning the Flame is only AoE when on mastery slot. But mod6 fight require more control. Slot spell like CoI or EF on mastery is way safer if not the only choice over slotting a DpS encounters. And Drifting Embers feat isn't reliable enough for this.
    > Furious Immolation is a daily so applying Smolder only with it isn't a possibility.

A good help could be to change Fanning to put smolder on AoE (not the damage part) when not on mastery. It could be done by changing Drifting Ember feat to do it instead of it's actual mechanism.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Somthing is total wrong or going into total wrong direction.
    CW deal a lot more dmg but now he cant control somthing is wrong .

If i play CW i want to control and not do some huge dmg cuz i dont logged in with my SW.
    I can understand if some cw want to do more dmg but what if some CWs want to do more control to offer more help to they pt mates?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Somthing is total wrong or going into total wrong direction.
    CW deal a lot more dmg but now he cant control somthing is wrong .

If i play CW i want to control and not do some huge dmg cuz i dont logged in with my SW.
    I can understand if some cw want to do more dmg but what if some CWs want to do more control to offer more help to they pt mates?

then roll an oppressor, problem solved.

regards
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

Frigid Winds - Foes who have been Frozen take 2/4/6/8/10% more damage from all sources.

A Control path should not deal heavy damage and a Damage path should not have too many control
    this class is have range,barrier and teleport it will be very unfair match up with melee class not to mention tons of
    hp they will get from the new set. This is +1 to my list of disappointment of this game.
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Icy Veins are finally fixed. However,

Bug: Opressor Path
    It is possible to add points to 5th tier with 15 points spent on opressor instead of 20, thus, max 6th tier after 20 points spent instead of 25.

Bug: Elemental Reinforcement
    While Arcane, Cold and Lightning encounter powers gives +5% damage, Fire encounter powers doesn`t.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Icy Terrain, Entangling Force
    4th rank of these powers INCREASES their cooldown instead of reducing it.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • greatweaponarmygreatweaponarmy Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited March 2015

- Storm Spell needs to be reverted back to its mod 3 state... self explanatory.

- Bring the damage to Shard of The Endless Avalanche back, but ONLY on Mastery. That way, the regular version is a PVE CC spell, and the Mastery version is a PVP nuke spell.

- Shield needs a tone down, because a cloth wearing bookworm can facetank a dragon better than an unstoppable GWF.

- Maelstrom of Chaos needs to be changed, nobody uses this spell except for certain little purposes in PVP. Make it so it's an insta hit instead of an AOE circle (kinda like Ice Knife but faster since it's Thunder) if you're targetting someone, and if you aren't, you will target yourself and have the same effect as King Malabog's thunder, would be pretty cool

- Remove the target cap from Arcane Singularity, it will be needed in module 6
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015

- Storm Spell needs to be reverted back to its mod 3 state... self explanatory.

- Bring the damage to Shard of The Endless Avalanche back, but ONLY on Mastery. That way, the regular version is a PVE CC spell, and the Mastery version is a PVP nuke spell.

- Shield needs a tone down, because a cloth wearing bookworm can facetank a dragon better than an unstoppable GWF.

- Maelstrom of Chaos needs to be changed, nobody uses this spell except for certain little purposes in PVP. Make it so it's an insta hit instead of an AOE circle (kinda like Ice Knife but faster since it's Thunder) if you're targetting someone, and if you aren't, you will target yourself and have the same effect as King Malabog's thunder, would be pretty cool

- Remove the target cap from Arcane Singularity, it will be needed in module 6

I'd love Storm Spell to get reverted, provide I get my encounter damage back (mod3 changes that reduced encounter damage & nerfed shard, resulted in the buff to Storm Spell).

As far as Singularity, I don't think many CW's will be using it even if the target cap was raised. Mod6 mobs hit hard enough that you can't afford a 2 second cast time, and can't afford to draw agro without instantly stunning or incapacitating the mobs (which singularity really doesn't do). Only way I can see to safely use it, is if someone else takes agro first, then they can take the hammering.
    edited March 2015
    CW really way too much on Feat and Class feature to do damage. It's a really big problem.
    On Class Feature : that fact that they provide or contribute that much to damage lead to take the most effective.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nathyiel wrote: »
    CW really way too much on Feat and Class feature to do damage. It's a really big problem.
    On Class Feature : that fact that they provide or contribute that much to damage lead to take the most effective.

All of the classes are highly dependent on feats and class features to maximize their damage.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Shatter Strike

Using a control ability on a control immune targets is supposed to deal 100% weapon damage. I have a weapon that does 1230-1504 damage. Shatter strike is doing 923-1130 base damage; that's 33% less damage than it should be doing. I'm wondering if it is looking at the Rank 1 damage on the artifact weapon instead of the Rank 60 damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Shatter Strike

Using a control ability on a control immune targets is supposed to deal 100% weapon damage. I have a weapon that does 1230-1504 damage. Shatter strike is doing 923-1130 base damage; that's 33% less damage than it should be doing. I'm wondering if it is looking at the Rank 1 damage on the artifact weapon instead of the Rank 60 damage.

Its damage are way too low considering L70 HP.

Even more, It's the only damage *increase* that work on Control Immune target like boss.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015

"kill" threshold isn't nearly high enough, even on tab (480%)

usually the base damage it does, which is adequate, would have killed the enemy anyway.

used it on tab, with purple artifact weapon (~1200 dmg).

480% of 1200 is 5760 HP

when not outright killing a monster it does 10k - 25k (crit) damage, far far more than the "kill" threshold.

suggestion: make the base threshold 2000% (20x) and tabbed threshold 3000% (30x)

example: 2000% of 1200 is 24k HP, about the "normal" crit damage.
    on tab: 3000% of 1200 is 36k HP, finally worthy of giving up tab slot for a "kill" shot, but not OP.

note: guessing 99% of cw will use shield in tab slot anyway, making the tabbed use of this skill unlikely, or very situational.

note: these # will need adjustment for PVP probably. say 800%/1600% (16x 1200 is 19k hp, about 1/5 to 1/4 most player's HP - not counting DR of course)
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Either CC time is messed up or the fact they have lvl 73 mobs in lvl 70 areas is making CC almost useless.
    Side note: i thought the mobs 3 lvls higher than the zone were "Boss" mobs. Why is this the new trash mob?
  • yalaiayalaia Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Icy terrain

Icy terrain isn't doing any damage on a frozen target. If you use icy terrain togehter wit icy veins at the beginning it give's 2 ticks (6. and 7. stack of chill) and then stops damaging. If you freeze the target upfront with RoF it deals 0 damage. It seems damage is dependant only on additional stacks of chill. To be honest I think it must be changed.

Btw. it's working like this also on live. never recognized it before as we control much less on live and we don't have icy veins with good freeziing capability.
    edited March 2015

The gear are too much centered around 3 stat only.
    Assault give Power, Critical Strike and Armor penetration, but no Recovery.
    Raid give Power, Critical Strike and Recovery, but no Armor Penetration.

It will lead to people miss-match set. It's OK as they don't have any gear bonus. But for gear set with set bonus, it lead to player wanting 2+2 instead of 4 pieces of the same set.

Suggestion : change head and foot gear to give a little bit of the 4th stat.
    Example : Elemental Elven Assault Feet give 886 Critic and 591 AP.
    Why not changing it to 886 Critic, 296 AP and 295 Recovery ?
    The 4 pieces won't change a lot but it give a little bit of the 4th stat. It will help a lot those who don't have huge Enchant and Artifact to complement.
    edited March 2015
    Feedback/Bug(?): Frigid Winds

The tooltip reads as the 10% damage buff would be applied as long as the target is frozen, but it has a maximum duration of 5 Seconds.

frigidwinds8en0x2qfuy.png

sorry German log, but I explain...
    15:15:13 target frozen ("geborsten" = shattered)
    15:15:18 last hit chilling cloud ("Kältewolke") with the 10% buff
    edited March 2015
    It will lead to people miss-match set. It's OK as they don't have any gear bonus.

This is exactly as they intend. There aren't going to be any set bonuses added, at least for this level of gear. Hence people are free to mix and match pieces as needed to get the stats the want.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited March 2015
    I did these feedback because of future tier.

On Icy Veins, I don't think it's a bug as a 5s (or more) freeze will be rare. In most of the case, the freeze will only last 2-4 s but the damage will be buffed for longer than that.

edit: I was speaking of Frigid Wind buff
    edited March 2015
    On Icy Veins, I don't think it's a bug as a 5s (or more) freeze will be rare. In most of the case, the freeze will only last 2-4 s but the damage will be buffed for longer than that.

??? mixed up something? ??? Icy Veins ... ??? only 2-4 Seconds freeze as opressor ???

As oppressor I can freeze adds easily for more than 8 secs
  • titanishu1488titanishu1488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Icy Rays
    Icy Rays stops everything, even CC and damage-immune targets.
This discussion has been closed.