test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Control Wizard Cap Raise

Comments

• nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Have you tried out other spells? Is there still the bug where if your control bonus is TOO high, Singularity actually picks up and throws mobs around like a tornado, instead of pulls them together?

It would not surprise if there's some goofy bug that involves how Control Strength is calculated that bugs out at high values.
    Maybe there's a cap or some diminish return on control bonus ?
    But, it's easy to check with EF, repel or Freeze duration
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I haven't seen any other obvious problems with control durations. Using Entangling Force I can choke enemies in Reclamation Rock for over 10 seconds. The Black Dragonclaw who didn't stay down for even a second from the Shard prone I could still choke for around 5 seconds. That suggest they have about 50% control resistance. Which means prone from Shard should still be very noticeable.

I also have not seen any other problems with control powers. Singularity doesn't fling enemies around, and Repel pushes enemies pretty dang far with this setup.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Icy Terrain

Rank 4 of Icy Terrain claims to reduce the cooldown of Icy Terrain by two seconds. It actually increased the cooldown time by three seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Entangling Force

Rank 4 of Entangling Force does not reduce the cooldown of the spell by 2 seconds. It actually does nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Imprisonment

Imprisonment cannot be slotted in Spell Mastery. When I try it gives the error "You cannot put "Imprisonment" into this slot. The slot can only hold Special powers"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Frost Wave

The animation of this passive ability activates even when it is not slotted.

This passive was buffed in the latest patch. However, it is still a pitiful, weak, terrible, awful passive that no one will ever choose. At rank 4 this spell does about 1800 damage per target per Daily. That is still just plain meager damage. It is still 20 miles behind Storm Spell, Eye of the Storm, Chilling Presence, Evocation, and Arcane Presence in usefulness. No amount of buffing the damage is going to fix it. It is a crummy mechanic. A small damage boost every time a Daily is activated will never be able to compete with a buff to damage that is active all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Shard of the Endless Avalanche
    -snip-

The posts about shards duration being buffed are:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692711-Official-Feedback-Thread-Control-Wizard-Changes&p=8567751&viewfull=1#post8567751

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?696161-Just-in-Shard-being-buffed-with-Prone-Time&p=8249621&viewfull=1#post8249621

Unfortunately the prone duration has never worked properly.

And was reported long ago (Module 3 testing).
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Disintegrate

Disintegrate gives 0 Action Points when used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The shard bug has nothing to do with control resist or control bonus. I've seen the same things proned for 3 seconds and the next time they immediately get back up.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I feel like my constitution isn't contributing enough to my HP pool, with so many HP coming from gear, and constitution being based off your base HP. I feel like it's really losing it's value.

I think basing constitution off your total HP would be more worthwhile...

Edit: made some preview testing, here's the results.

The First two pictures are lv 70 mod 6 and two pieces of elemental fire (so there's another 20k missing from gear + enchants I don't have yet.)
    YYUQU3S.png

gZCTQTc.png

These two are mod 5 (Live) wizard at level 60 at 17.5k GS
    bVWU2mI.png

rC1goh5.png

67k vs 64k and 30.5k vs 33k

In the first case I was missing 2 pieces of gear from elemental fire gear, which is roughly 20k more HP, so for testing's sake let's make it 87k and 84k because that's what it'll be when you gear up at 70. So that means 8 point of con contribute to about 3% of my total HP. For 8 points of Con the stat shows +16% because it's 2% per Con points, we're actually getting 3% of our HP from these 8 points of Con.

In the second scenario we're talking more of 8-10% for 6 points of Con, which is two less than the first example. The game stats simply note +12% HP, this is vaguely more true here than it is for the second one right?

This is what I mean by underwhelming, constitution on preview feels useless, and I dont think it should be this way.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »

I feel like my constitution isn't contributing enough to my HP pool, with so many HP coming from gear, and constitution being based off your base HP. I feel like it's really losing it's value.

I think basing constitution off your total HP would be more worthwhile...

Then you would have GFs with 300k+ HP. While I agree HP needs a rework in effectiveness, I dont know if total HP is the right way to do that...

When you think about the math. 400 of power = 1% dmg. 1 extra Int = 1% damage.

So 400 power = 1 Int.

Well shouldnt then 1 Con be worth ~ atleast 1600 HP? This atleast keeps the same rough values... Maybe Con needs a flat +1600 HP per point rather than a %?
    edited March 2015

The feat Chilling Control needs to be re-worked. It has been rendered totally useless with the addition of Icy Veins. A feat that inflicts 5 stacks of chill on enemies hit by Sudden Storm is completely worthless when all enemies get 5 stacks of chill on them automatically with the activation of a encounter.

Edited to fix names of feats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

The feat Snap Freeze needs to be re-worked. It has been rendered totally useless with the addition of Snap Freeze. A feat that inflicts 5 stacks of chill on enemies hit by Sudden Storm is completely worthless when all enemies get 5 stacks of chill on them automatically with the activation of a encounter.

You means Chilling Control when compared to Icy Veins feat?
    In fact, Icy Veins is wah more powerfull as it don't need to hit anythings.

I will test possible CW build this weekend. But from reading patch note, I think most of my previous feedback are still accurate.
    edited March 2015
    I do some run in Well of Dragon with my Oppressor setup. I still don't have enough point to take any third column feat in renegade or thaumaturge because of my level.

1- damage on control immune mob are way too low.
    2- Icy Veins promote a suicide gameplay (jump at melee range to freeze everything).
    3- damage on not frozen target is ridiculously low.

Oppressor have to be big problem in PvE: it require mob to be frozen and it can only work at melee range.
    The spec need to be able to freeze at range even if it means having less powerful freeze. It lack some way to buff other form of control, outside of Orb of Imposition class feature.
    There's a lack of Damage buff/debuff completely.
    edited March 2015

Far too many enemies have far too much control resistance. My only hope of surviving a Level 73 Bear Rider one-on-one is if I can keep him from attacking me. His 10-15k damage spears that he can throw rather rapidly are just too much to stand up to for any length of time. I can't take off his 500k HP fast enough to kill him before he kills me.

So, full control spec...Opressor build, Orb of Imposition slotted, pets that grant control bonus slotted, and away we go! I freeze him and he breaks freeze in about 1 second. There's barely any dent in his rate of attack. This is preposterous. There is no way ANYONE will ever choose the Oppressor tree if all it does is give you 1 second of control instead of 0.5 seconds of control over dangerous enemies.

Edit: I pulled out a stopwatch to get some more concrete numbers. When specced for as much control as I can get Entangling Force lasts ~10 seconds on a test dummy. The same spell lasts ~2.2 seconds on a Bear Rider in a HE. I think that is ~400% control resistance. A totally unreasonable amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

I had a lot of fun running around with Disintegrate on the Preview server. After the patch it now feels pretty wimpy. It's now kinda like a clone of Icy Rays. Does about the same damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Far too many enemies have far too much control resistance. My only hope of surviving a Level 73 Bear Rider one-on-one is if I can keep him from attacking me. His 10-15k damage spears that he can throw rather rapidly are just too much to stand up to for any length of time. I can't take off his 500k HP fast enough to kill him before he kills me.

So, full control spec...Opressor build, Orb of Imposition slotted, pets that grant control bonus slotted, and away we go! I freeze him and he breaks freeze in about 1 second. There's barely any dent in his rate of attack. This is preposterous. There is no way ANYONE will ever choose the Oppressor tree if all it does is give you 1 second of control instead of 0.5 seconds of control over dangerous enemies.

Either the IWD mobs have a cold control resist bonus, a huge generic control resist bonus, or the control bonus stacking is totally bugged out (after getting killed a couple of times, it's not cold resist).

As an Oppressor CW with Orb slotted at 4 ranks, you should be looking at a +100% (orb) + 45-55% (companions) + 2.5 seconds for Shatter Strike. So I'm willing to bet at minimum it's bugged. Could still be cold control resistance, but not that much.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I have noticed some inconsistencies in my control duration. Sometimes in pvp my stuns last for half the amount of time and somtimes 1/4 of what they usually last for. (All in pvp, same players, different scenarios.)

After repeating the process I came to understand the problem, my test seems to point towards deflection affects control duration, in other words if you deflect my power the control duration is reduced at the same rate the class has it's deflection modifier. that means if you're a rogue with 75% deflection severity if you deflect my control power it will last 1/4 of it's normal duration.

Which leads to awkward situations where you expect someone to be controlled but a split second later they're still attacking you. Even the animation rubs it in for you, you see the choking animation but the player doesn't lift up neither stops coming towards you because before the animation even engages the control is over.

Side note: I was also able to deflect my friend's healing on me, I didn't quite understand why or how that's possible. Sorry for not having a log today I'll post it another day if I can make it happen again.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So we're subject to two checks versus our powers? Firs to see if it's deflected, then against the actual control resist?

That can't be right.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    So we're subject to two checks versus our powers? Firs to see if it's deflected, then against the actual control resist?

That can't be right.

It has always been like this... Deflect always reduces control.. The devs have stated in past that they will fix this issue.. and I even believe they posted in patch notes that this issue was fixed and not intended.. but.. here we are... deflect has always reduced CC which makes it very OP and prevents anyone from any form of control in pvp especially when all the CW encounters are halved durations already in pvp..
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Orb of Imposition and Glacial Movement

I've been trying to figure out why I have so little control in some situations even though I have Orb of Imposition slotted and five ranks in Glacial Movement. It turns out they are both completely broken.

My testing consisted of the following: I went to Icewind Dale and found the lone test dummy. I did a full respec of my character and repeatedly timed the duration of Entangling Force. It had a duration of about 4.7 seconds. Then I equipped Orb of Imposition at Rank 1 and put 5 ranks into Glacial Movement. Doing the math, this should result in a duration of (4.7*1.25) = 5.88 seconds. When I tested it the actual duration was 6.5 seconds. So, that is off.

Next, I upped Orb to Rank 2. Now the duration should be (4.7*1.5) = 7.05 seconds. The actual duration was 6.5 seconds.
    Next, Rank 3. Duration should have been (4.7*1.75) = 8.2 seconds. The actual duration was 6.5 seconds.
    Next, Rank 4. Duration should have been (4.7*2) = 9.4 seconds. The actual duration was 6.5 seconds.

In other words...totally broken. Ranks 2, 3, and 4 of Orb of Imposition do nothing. Literally nothing even with 5 ranks in Glacial Movement.

Please fix. This bug is fatal to the Oppressor tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Wow. That's a great catch. Does Orb work without ranks in Glacial Movement? Something to test when I get home tonight, I guess.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Entangling Force

Rank 3 of Entangling Force increases the duration of the control by about 1.8 seconds. Rank 2 and 4 do not increase the duration so I assume this is a bug. This may be responsible for some the testing problems with Orb of Imposition in the post above.

Also Entangling Force does not seem to be buffed by Orb of Imposition at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    I just spent a lot of time testing control durations and have come up with the following conclusions:

Bug: Glacial Movement

The description of this feat is that it "...increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%." But that is not how it works. It increases the effectiveness of Orb of Imposition by 20%, period.

Orb of Imposition increases control duration by 5/10/15/20%. With Glacial Movement, the control durations should go to 25/50/75/100%. But they do not. They go to 25/30/35/40%. You may want to check the the reference in Glacial Movement to make sure it is checking the Rank of Orb of Imposition and not something else.

Bug: Orb of Imposition

Orb of Imposition does not affect Entangling Force. Given that Entangling Force is about the most pure control spell CW's have, it is bizarre that this spell would not be affected by a passive that extends control durations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lightening enchant is still proccing abyss of caos? If yes, lets fix it in time
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    lightening enchant is still proccing abyss of caos? If yes, lets fix it in time

I really really really love it when someone who /doesn't even play CW/ posts in the feedback thread saying that an overpowered thing might still be bugged and if it is then it should be fixed. Maybe I should go over to the other class thread's and do the same for them?

I really don't see how this at all qualifies as feedback at all, let alone constructive feedback.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really really really love it when someone who /doesn't even play CW/ posts in the feedback thread saying that an overpowered thing might still be bugged and if it is then it should be fixed. Maybe I should go over to the other class thread's and do the same for them?

I really don't see how this at all qualifies as feedback at all, let alone constructive feedback.

Erm... i do not wish to be rude here but you Control Wizards do that ALL the TIME. You guy already destroyed the Guardian Fighters, the Great Weapon Fighters and you guys already whined out the nerf hammer on my Tyrannical Threat. So in the name all of the 3 classes THANK YOU Control Wizards!!

Now some feedback, without any bad intenion or lie.

In PvP gear still hits harder than Ice Knife. I suggest an another 25% nerf on it. It is a nonsene that an encounter which has ~3-5sec CD and able to kill anything under a certain amount of health (based on weapon damage) still able to do higher damage than one of the highes damage dealing daily power in the game.

The survival this enconter provides is insane. In WoD a BIS geared Unstopible active GWF is being ONE HIT killed bye the Herald Dragons while a Control Wizard a cloth wearer paper can facetank it with Shiled on tab...

Cloth > Mail
    Skinny Book Worm > Combat Hardened Fighter
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Abyss was nerfed and deals 5 times less damage that its initial form already (down from 300% to 60% at 5/5).
    Lightning Enchantment procs many other feats/class features/etc. from many other classes too.
    I didn`t reported neither abyss nor any other skill not to nerf neither.

Cross-class report like this only means you try to force other classes nerf, but never your one.
    This will not work as lightning is not issue, but feats/class features proccing conditions and we (in theory) have no access to it as it`s in the source code of the game and thus, we cannot disqus about it nor make pull requests (yeah, its sad they still didn`t released SDK).

Bug: Icy Veins
    Icy Veins applies only 1 stack of Chill instead of 5 at rank 5/5.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    beatannier wrote: »
    Abyss was nerfed and deals 5 times less damage that its initial form already (down from 300% to 60% at 5/5).
    Lightning Enchantment procs many other feats/class features/etc. from many other classes too.
    I didn`t reported neither abyss nor any other skill not to nerf neither.

Cross-class report like this only means you try to force other classes nerf, but never your one.
    This will not work as lightning is not issue, but feats/class features proccing conditions and we (in theory) have no access to it as it`s in the source code of the game and thus, we cannot disqus about it nor make pull requests (yeah, its sad they still didn`t released SDK).

Bug: Icy Veins
    Icy Veins applies only 1 stack of Chill instead of 5 at rank 5/5.

You are free to report whatever you want.
    Bug: as confirmed by people in this thread lightening enchant still allows to autoproc abyss of chaos without any other help from team members
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

Probably more non-CW are talking in these threads than CWs...
This discussion has been closed.