What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.1

1235»

Comments

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    you can get by until 70 on your current gear (assuming it's decent) the stuff in the 3 leveling zones isn't that hard. it's once you get to IWD/WoD level 73 stuff will kick your <bleep>

I made sure to get what I needed already out of WOD. I have 40 Linus and plenty of coins. I hope I dont need to go back there for any reason. My real hope is that dungeons become relevant again.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They changed the stat curves because they want to level the playing field. If the stat curves were the same, most veteran BiS players could get by until level 70 end-game in their old gear, while new players would be having to wear the green and blue drops/quest rewards they got along the way.

Now everyone will want to switch gear as they level: say goodbye to High Prophet, High Vizier, Avatar of War...

Ive walked my SW HB Fury to just below 70 using same gear from live, every piece of sw gear I picked up along the way was not better than anything I already had.
  • xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Holy....! I'm not sure even the new standard healing potions (10k HPs iirc?) are going to cut it anymore.

Sounds more like they don't want players simply relying on healing potions to keep them alive no matter how they act when solo or in groups, especially the latter. It might help teach players to think more before they act and perhaps when in groups think again before deciding they don't need a healer class and/or tank class with them - or have to use some real skill to avoid many deaths ^^
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The good thing is potions can be gobbled up with no delay after battle. It's just that you are going to have to be much more careful when you are in one.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CH pots will be required in mod6.

check the math - in mod5 average player HP probably around 30k. then 8500 heal pot is about 28% health. BI heal pots are even better.
    in mod6 average HP will probably be around 90k. 10,000 heal pot is only 11% health.

heal pots won't cut it.
This discussion has been closed.