test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.1

Comments

• thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    zurimor wrote: »
    Watch some games of League of Legends, fights don't last for minutes, they are often over in the blink of an eye. It's CC the target and burst, 2 seconds and he's dead. The good players avoid the CC abilities and can, after the opponent used everything, counterengage and get an advantage. You might also set up a trap with your team, make the better rotations on the map, etc.
    I think the mistake many players do in PvP is thinking it's about fighting, getting kills, etc. In reality, PvP is mostly about strategies, planning ahead of your opponent, assume what they will do next and then act according to it.

P.S. The above mentioned games are currently the most popular PvP games (and it are not 1 or 2 games I mentioned)

Problem is, this game forces you to PVP on a node to succeed. Your team is very often packed together in a relatively small area, so when a TR drops his Smoke Bomb he can CC you and a number of your teammates. A DC that wants to survive, well, his Shield telegraphs exactly where he will be standing and probably exactly where his teammates will be as well, so again, just drop your CC in that area and you can CC a whole bunch of people.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    graalx3 wrote: »
    This is the item level equivalent for artifacts (not artifact ewuipment) used to determine if you have good enough equipment to enter a dungeon. This is just an approximation given for the artifacts stats.

Yay Graaxl3 sighting , when you give us nice new shinies to play with system designer graaxl3? xD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • heberussheberuss Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Can you, dear devs, drop the AD prices to rise companions???? i do not get why is that expensive to upgrade a white companion into green, in example, that buying a green one from AH...

Agree.

Too much expensive for few benefits.
    Peace and Love
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As far as I understand, the timer doesn't actually tick down unless you're logged in, so only characters that are played for 4 hours can earn all the rewards.

The timer ticks down even if you're not logged in.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    do you get the daily coin after the fist pray?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    do you get the daily coin after the fist pray?

Yes you get 1 ardent coin and 1 celestial coin on the first pray , you then get another celestial coin the last pray at 4 hours.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The timer ticks down even if you're not logged in.

That is how it works on live. On preview, I've gone a week or more without logging into some characters, and when I log back into them later all of my coins seem to still be there.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That is how it works on live. On preview, I've gone a week or more without logging into some characters, and when I log back into them later all of my coins seem to still be there.

Ok. It seems that the coins no longer vanish (I hope they changed that). I was talking about the time you have to wait before being able to pray again. That timer ticks down regardless of being online or not.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the PvP-Event with you. Was fun :) i never saw so much dragons in the arena before. :D
    Sad there seems somekind of bug with the Fox-Shift ability. If its active the target dodges every attack till the effect vanish instead of only the first attacks auto-dodges. I could attack the same target 4 full duelist flurry while it was simply standing there.

Thanks for pointing out the Fox Shift weirdness, I immediately ran over to Gentleman Crush's desk and had him fix it (was pretty simple for once).
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    oh for the note, buy your perfect enchants because they are going to double in price if refiners have to buy the coals
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    so GF just got 20% dmg boost to all powers why you guys couldnt just simply buff GWF powers in the 1st place instead of that 984957834589734853485 stacks system?

TR just ROFLstomps pack to pack, GWF has to build momentum from pack to pack. TR doesn't even need to use full rotation or daily, GWF has to in order to speed things up.
  • oldloneroldloner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That's funny! The problem with the paladin level 70 artifact weapon is an easy fix also that has been there for days and days and days! I taught this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for years and years and know what is involved in it!
    panderus wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing out the Fox Shift weirdness, I immediately ran over to Gentleman Crush's desk and had him fix it (was pretty simple for once).
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    oldloner wrote: »
    That's funny! The problem with the paladin level 70 artifact weapon is an easy fix also that has been there for days and days and days! I taught this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> for years and years and know what is involved in it!

What issue are you talking about specifically? I don't see any recent posts of yours that describe it.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    What issue are you talking about specifically? I don't see any recent posts of yours that describe it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?854991-Paladin-artifact-weapon-bugged&p=10210631#post10210631
    theres his post about it.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Hi all.
    1. Xp in sharandar is to low 3000k
    2. Drowned shore - Cultist ambush still not working (you can kill only 4/7 cultist)
    3. Seeds from daily qestst from city stay in backpack
    4. When you are in a city first time (lvl 4) You can see mission about the sharandar. Mission cant be ended (its stay on - vew zone rewards)
    5. Xp in well of dragons sam as sahrandar
    6. Some mobs in well of dragons are on lvl 62
    7. Zones in well of dragons are full with only 1 player (ist not possible to invite other players)
    8. Crypt of Ascension - unactive chest at the end

I think game after this new addon -Elemental Evil - will be great :)
  • padmanapadchocopadmanapadchoco Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug : Grand Fissure
    With this patch, damage of Grand Fissure have been divided by 4-5. Since not in the patchnotes, seems to be a bug.
  • kyobi16kyobi16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please take a look at hunter ranger feedbacks theres some serious stuff there.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    BUG: Defense is bugged for level 70 toons. Possibly for all 61+ toons.

Example: on live my 60 CW has 32.x% DR. When I copy him to preview he also has 32% DR. I don't know exactly what happened but the level 70 version of him (copied a month ago and levelled up) only has 9.2% DR!!!
    He literally can't survive a fight with simple minions without having shield on tab, and even then he constantly dies from 1 hits.

This is obviously, game breaking.
  • dragonikingdragoniking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    1. Rescue mission in Underlift cant be ended if You use thievery kit before talking with prisoner.
    2. Earth Elemental in lower helms hold has to high placed life bars :)
    3. Recovery reconstruction in Scar alley has no highlighted are where to find stolen supplies and next where to use it to reconstruction.
    4. All missions in Underlift must be ended by pressing F on gate but then appears: You have unfinished map progres... ofc You must press Cancel and then You can end Mission, and one more time press F to exit.
    edited March 2015
    sorry for the confusion, let me state it more clearly:

2200 Defense (0 Deflect, 17AC) = 32% DR
    3300 Defense (same Defl/AC) = 11% DR

having LESS defense gives you MORE DR. obvious math error/bug.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    you have less defense at LV 60 but the stat curve at lv 60 is DIFFERENT then it is a lv 70.

at lv 60 the curve is something like 150 def=1% DR (not this but around there) at level 70 the stat curve is 400 points of defense = 1% DR.

they changed how the DR is calculated at 70 from how it is calculated at lv 60
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    3300/400 is 8%~Dr + what you get from AC = 11%~ DR so its working as intended.

in mod 6 with new stats curves you get 1% DR per 400 points spend in defense stat.

Dying even faster is not working as intended.
    edited March 2015
    Hi.
    1. Quest Seaside Vigil get by O Paladin - wrong reward blue pants - Voice of the sea - are still for GF not for OP
    2. Shirt for OP from other quest - same - for GF not OP
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    you have less defense at LV 60 but the stat curve at lv 60 is DIFFERENT then it is a lv 70.

at lv 60 the curve is something like 150 def=1% DR (not this but around there) at level 70 the stat curve is 400 points of defense = 1% DR.

This. ^^ .... Because you know.. progress is walking backwards... :P
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
    edited March 2015
    1. Timat bug. Paladin Prism during Tiamat always makes lag on start for a few seconds. (regardless of the graphics settings Hi or low)
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »

I am having a serious problem with this. Doesn't this seem very wrong to anyone else? As we level, the enemies get harder and our effective stats are being reduced at the same time. Can someone clarify?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited March 2015
    just DR that I saw. I didn't look too closely at the other stats though...

DR is the one that's going to matter to most people, going from 32% to 9% will be quite a shock.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You guys ever wonder why each mod is only fixes for one tree?

All your HR fixes are for trapper because you killed the other two trees.

None are for GWF's because they are dead in PVP - 100% dead....

GF's are general because you have no idea what to do with the class

....... Do you see how this is going? Please fix the GWF so it is viable in pvp again. I would hate to see you ruin a class for an entire mod again because you are too caught up in an "off tank/healer" that is better than GF's and DC's at both.

Please figure it out

Signed, everyone
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am having a serious problem with this. Doesn't this seem very wrong to anyone else? As we level, the enemies get harder and our effective stats are being reduced at the same time. Can someone clarify?

They changed the stat curves because they want to level the playing field. If the stat curves were the same, most veteran BiS players could get by until level 70 end-game in their old gear, while new players would be having to wear the green and blue drops/quest rewards they got along the way.

Now everyone will want to switch gear as they level: say goodbye to High Prophet, High Vizier, Avatar of War...
    edited March 2015
    you can get by until 70 on your current gear (assuming it's decent) the stuff in the 3 leveling zones isn't that hard. it's once you get to IWD/WoD level 73 stuff will kick your <bleep>
This discussion has been closed.