test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please make companions bought in store available accont wide

quietwizard#1454 quietwizard Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Greetings!

This is my feeble attempt to sway the Devs into allowing companions bought in-store available account wide.
Please...:(.... pretty please....:(:(

If you agree, please post yes or no :o
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chtarbouillechtarbouille Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes,make some more expensive but accountwide or let us purchase something like:"unlocks that companion account wide"
    Pretty please ! (with that they can't refuse)
  • Options
    g0dfr3yg0dfr3y Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I agree. Make companions unlock account-wide and you'll sell more of them. I have bought several mounts from the Zen store, green mounts even, and I do not regret any of those purchases... because if I decide a mount does not suit one character, it may yet suit another character. When I was playing a certain superhero-themed ARPG, I happily bought companions (what they called "sidekicks") without regard to their stats, since I was sure I could find a use for them on at least one character I played. But, Zen companions give me buyer's remorse and so I have sworn them off.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    NO already can't sell mounts on the AH don't add companions. Buy a companion during a sale, wait a couple of months and sell it for profit is a good AD source don't limit these options further.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe lower the prices of them, have a cheap BoE option, and a more expensive 'Account-wide' option. Or like an add-on. "Unlock this companion account-wide for just X zen more!"
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    DEFINITELY a yes from me!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't be opposed to this myself but it would be a terrible business model for Cryptic as zen sales on companions would drop faster than a girl's panties on prom night after the initial cash splash if this was implemented.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes

yes
    yes
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well with the price on purple ones already high and legendary ones coming (yes i see them coming faster than the famous winter) i hope they will either revamp the all companions system or recheck their prices.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Try making this post into a poll next time - That way people can vote!

And I completely agree with you!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bah, I would add that artifacts should be account bounded. But as I said previously. They will not do anything, what can reduce their incomes from the game. So make poll. Who cares?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Artifacts should be bound, as they are character specific (i.e. PVP artifact). Same with Artifact Equipment, as it shouldn't be possible for a GWF to use a CW orb.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    add an option to all zen market items to buy account-wide and binds on pickup (to character), esp. companions and campaign tokens. This way AD will sink into the game and will promote using more than one character. They should also add the opposite option for mounts to make them tradeable in the AH.

Example: [CompanionX] = 1500 Zen (Binds on equip) , 2500 Zen (Binds on pickup, Account wide unlock).
    Example: [MountX] = 1500 Zen (Binds on equip) , 2500 Zen (Binds on pickup, Account wide unlock).
    IMHO this will boost the Zen market purchases and boost AH prices on companions.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    NO already can't sell mounts on the AH don't add companions. Buy a companion during a sale, wait a couple of months and sell it for profit is a good AD source don't limit these options further.

There needs to be two options. A single purchase unbound type, and an account wide bound type. Offer them both for different costs, so everyone can win. They can even do the same for mounts.

Or what the person above me said, that I didn't see until after I posted.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    There needs to be two options. A single purchase unbound type, and an account wide bound type. Offer them both for different costs, so everyone can win. They can even do the same for mounts.

Or what the person above me said, that I didn't see until after I posted.

If so it should be 3x times the amount of zen for the account unlock. Making it anything less the makes the BoE option useless as none would buy it from the AH.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Nope account wide zen store items need to be bop,like for the mounts,it's useful and you can destroy when you're short on bag space and reclaim later.Account wide stuff BOE is a sure way to flood the AH
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...pricing would be higher for acc wide companions. Look at e.g. the Bahamut Pack: This is one companion and some snazzy, but non-gamechanging weapon morphs - 3500 ZEN IIRC.

Alternative suggestion: Introduce an upgrade token / unbind or bind-relaxation (BoP => BoA) token.
  • Options
    bribear78bribear78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi :) I'm new.

I was honestly surprised when I bought my first companion and it wasn't account-bound. I bought a few more then realized "I don't want to make another character because I'll have to buy all my companions again."

I'd love to see companions be account-bound instead of character bound. Even if it meant that they would de-level when you moved them to a new character. I'd be really really really happy with that. I don't want to buy companions again :(
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    I would love to see "Account-Wide" versions that are BoP and Reclaimable added and keep some or all also as cheaper single-purchases that are BoE non-reclaimables.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I would love to see "Account-Wide" versions that are BoP and Reclaimable added and keep some or all also as cheaper single-purchases that are BoE non-reclaimables.

How would we factor that? Say single time claim is 1200 Zen. Account wide, assume on average 10 will be claimed so make that 75% of the cost to outfit 10? Still around $100 bucks, plus most companions are specific to a class or at the most a few classes. It's pretty rare that a single companion is in the top five for all classes (Can't think of one really).

Not sure I'd want to pay say 7500 Zen for the ability to unlock a companion as many times as I want, but only unlock it three times (Which would have cost me 3600 Zen).

Interesting discussion though.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes! Yes, yes, yes!
  • Options
    nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes yes yes yes.
  • Options
    elvenangerelvenanger Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I love this idea, and I think it's would be cool to see special account wide companions!

Also while we're on the subject of the shop I'd personally love to see a few more 'mid rage' items, for those times when one might not have a ton of zen to spend but wants something shiny and fun. Perhaps separate fashion pieces (coats, boots, pants), novelty headgear, and even stuff like weapon glows and gear glows.

Just little things for 500 or less.
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, would love to see account wide companions from the zen store.

They could at least make the war dog from the first time buyer's pack BoA after you take it out of the cage :rolleyes:
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of this:

I bought a mount from the Zen store and it said it can be claimed account wide.
    But apparently I cannot claim it on any newly created characters. Is this correct?
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I support this request with an AYE!

I stoped playing my TR and switched to an DC and it is hell of fun but i have issues to make him full to my main because of my vast companion collection...
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    Speaking of this:

I bought a mount from the Zen store and it said it can be claimed account wide.
    But apparently I cannot claim it on any newly created characters. Is this correct?

It can be claimed by any character on your account. Old and new. I do believe you need to be level 20 to claim it though (when riding skill is unlocked).

On a side note, collections page for companions should be account wide!
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    you can claim a purple mount once you are able to have a mount as long as it is the same account. When you go to purchase it, it says free. Just pick it up.

and I feel account wide pets would be great. However, they would never do this at the current prices, so basically what you would get would be a pet that costs as much as buying the pet twice or three times, anyway. So for current players, it would make no difference. And most likely they wouldn't make it retroactive for any current pets you already own.

Honestly, though, this game is so alt unfriendly. Unless you are into role playing, please don't make any new toons for yourself once you get deep into one. That path leads to the dark side. (dark side being poverty and burnout and depression)