test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make companions bought in store available accont wide

2»

Comments

• theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If more things were account wide I would actually be more inclined to buy them. But as it stands now they aren't worth the money for a single character to use.
  • cubegodcubegod Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes. The only benefit on the player side of having them tied to 1 character is that we then have the option of selling them on the AH. And therefore convert Zen to Astral Diamonds...

However that could be fixed by just fixing the Zen/AD exchange (by removing the 500::1 cap on the exchange). In addition to seeming a bit lazy to me for not removing the cap earlier, they're losing money. Take me for example, I weighed the cost of items on the AH and determined that buying Zen for 500 AD each was simply not worth it, but I did figure out that it would be much more tempting of an option at around 800:1 or even 1000:1... and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. The exchange is designed to be a player run market, and they're essentially taking that way with the 500:1 cap.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    cubegod wrote: »
    Yes. The only benefit on the player side of having them tied to 1 character is that we then have the option of selling them on the AH. And therefore convert Zen to Astral Diamonds...

However that could be fixed by just fixing the Zen/AD exchange (by removing the 500::1 cap on the exchange). In addition to seeming a bit lazy to me for not removing the cap earlier, they're losing money. Take me for example, I weighed the cost of items on the AH and determined that buying Zen for 500 AD each was simply not worth it, but I did figure out that it would be much more tempting of an option at around 800:1 or even 1000:1... and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. The exchange is designed to be a player run market, and they're essentially taking that way with the 500:1 cap.

doesn't one side affect the other? based on this logic, all of a sudden you would have players putting zen up at 800 ad per zen, and now instead of working up 500k ad (worst case buyer's market scenario, like what we have right now) for 1k zen, it would be 800k ad or even 1mil ad for 1k zen, right? How is this better for players?
  • cubegodcubegod Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You can't buy Zen for AD at 1:500 right now, is the problem. There's no one selling Zen at this price, there's a 2,500,000 Zen backlog because of it.

It's better for players because it lets players set the market price for an item. If players are willing to pay 800:1 then they should be allowed to, right now they're taking what should be a free market system, and restricting it to a range... and as you can see by the 2.5 million+ backlogged orders at 500:1 right now, the buy orders are exceeding the sell orders, and the price should be pushed higher, but it can't and because it can't be, basically the entire market is crashed until 6.0 comes out, at which time it's likely that AD will have more value as the AH will be full of level 70 items, and that 2.5 million backlog will be eaten through and the price will be down... but there's no reason to temporarily crash the market right before a launch because of an arbitrary cap on the exchange.

My example of saying that I might be willing to buy zen to sell at 800 AD each illustrates a point. That even for players like me, who refrain from buying zen for USD, there becomes a point where opening my wallet becomes enticing, and having a completely free market is what you need to find those points.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cubegod wrote: »
    You can't buy Zen for AD at 1:500 right now, is the problem. There's no one selling Zen at this price, there's a 2,500,000 Zen backlog because of it. [...]

You can buy ZEN right now, just not at the spur of the moment. After two or three days, your order should be served. There had been a ZAX backlog of 11 millions last autumn, even then buy orders would be filled - after more than a week.

On a different note, with the upcoming patch (maybe even a bit before, due to stockpiling in e.g. wepon enchantment shards) the turnover should increase.

All that "I want it, NOW! I DON'T GET IT NOW ITS BROKEN!!1!!1" whining and cassandra calls of the ZAX being dead are simply getting on my nerves...
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    asking for zen to yield more AD is harmful to players who work hard for their ad to convert to zen. people who try to use the zax to gain zen from AD want the number going DOWN from 500, not UP, so 500 seems a reasonable compromise.

And you can still buy zen, as suicidalgodot said. it just isn't instant as it used to be. and the only reason is people are waiting for the new mod (or they have quit) and it has nothing to do with the 500:1.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since this game is not susscription based they have very few ways to actually make money. I can't see them shooting themselves in the foot this way. Would I be all for it... YES! Does it make sense for them as a company... sadly no.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The option to duplicate already characterbound companions which are then accountbound would be cool. Such an Item could be sold over the Zen Market.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This has been asked for since the game launched. The fact that it still isn't in the game, tells you Cryptic's opinion of this idea pretty darn clearly.
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    NO already can't sell mounts on the AH don't add companions. Buy a companion during a sale, wait a couple of months and sell it for profit is a good AD source don't limit these options further.

There are plenty of other ways to make AD's. Please come up with something better than "No, it will eat into MY profits." That's someone else's job...