test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Stat Changes

Comments

• kss1985kss1985 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    melee class should have more HP and more DR (GF, GWF, OP)

ranged class should have far less HP and less DR (CW, HR, SW)

particular case should be TR and DC... The TR is melee, but should be fragile, maybe more DR but no more HP. DC instead is hard to place as is ranged, but can be the tank of a party. Maybe no DR but for sure more HP.

Life steel is still too powerful, and there are classes (CW as usual) that can reach quite easily 25% chance. The amount of HP given is also too high. It should work like the actual Deflect.. if you deflect you take only 50% of the damage.

Hope they find a way to eliminate the solo kamikaze CW from the game or make it extremely hard to do
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hope they find a way to eliminate the solo kamikaze CW from the game or make it extremely hard to do

What, exactly, is a kamikaze CW? Explain to us how a CW should play, without being a kamikaze?
  • neopreenneopreen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    What, exactly, is a kamikaze CW? Explain to us how a CW should play, without being a kamikaze?

This magic class is called CONTROL Wizard and not Damage Mage or wtf ever.
    Once we´ve been in Mod 2 the CW was a support class, a controller class. That was great!
    Spamming Singularity and leave the real damaging work to others.

With Mod 3 came the DD-CW. If you read the posts of our CW mates it´s all about damage today... how can I be more op than someone else.
    (Check gameplay of CWs today... Singularity is great... but... ops... devs nerfed it... so there´s no point of using it anymore... better split the entire mob group all over the map and deal the most damage instead of supporting the whole team...)

This is kinda missunderstanding the role!
    But it aint the players fault... it´s the devs "balancing" of classes.
    This understanding of balancing classes leads to a Solo or Singleplayer Role Playing Game.

Be honest... what´s the imagination of a wizard? Is it a tanky berserk or even more a weak geek?

Balancing classes means to find a way balancing weaknesses and strenghts.
    CWs should do a supportive cc job: high rec, low survivability, med dmg, low-med crt (cmon... wanna tell me icy terrain hits me critically? - ok ok... I might get a bad cold) and so on - just control the crowds.

Damage dealing classes? ... GWF and mb SW (haven´t played it that far yet).
    Long ranged distance classes? ... ONLY the ranged HR.
    Mid range classes? ... CWs, DCs, SWs...
    Tank Classes? ... GF.
    Crit Classes? ... TR and HR.

I think it´s really simple to balance the classes to fit into their role (and have a nice solo-game).
    ...but I don´t think the devs will change their understanding of gameplay and balancing... unless they don´t implement real group-content.

To leave a feedback:
    Lifesteal - the new lifesteal mechanic sucks hard... and I really don´t understand the idea behind such changes. Do you wanna have the chars have lifesteal or don´t you? If you want to then leave it the old way. If you don´t want to then cancel the lifesteal-stat and leave a skill/feat/enchantment.

If lifesteal has a severity of 100% why do you point it out then?

Crashing down from about 11% lifestealing damage output on live server to a chance of 4-5% of proccing 100% of the dealt damage on preview server is strange, annoying and kinda stupid.

By burning a foe it can proc - giving 20 HP or with an encounter - giving 20k HP... where´s the logic?!

And to go on with the survivability issue... if you want to force the players to use pots more often then give scaled pots to the players! I´d say every single character can get above 40k HP in mod 6. Nice... but... if you are burned down that easy as you are atm and still having the high cd of pots in combat... you´ll be very dead before charging a 2nd pot... even it´s a 10k one.

...or rework the rolling-mechanics for races.
    You want a tanky CW? - play an Orc - high survivability but low damage and rec/cd... what ever.
    edited March 2015
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Control_Wizard
    Control Wizards primarily focus on controlling the battlefield and dealing damage to a large number of creatures simultaneously. Because of the wizard's role as a controller, they possess more crowd control options than any other class. Their ability to deal high amounts of damage gives them the secondary role of striker. They wield a magical orb and are capable of unleashing torrents of damage on enemy parties. They can only wear cloth armor.

As you can see, CWs are meant to deal huge amounts of damage as both their primary and secondary roles. You seem to be the one misunderstanding the role. Most of a CWs damage comes from control powers. Mosdt of those control powers need to be cast from the middle of a group of mobs.

Singularity is no longer great. It was changed in order to lessen their damage.
    This understanding of balancing classes leads to a Solo or Singleplayer Role Playing Game.

This game is meant to be mostly played solo, except for dungeons and skirmishes. CWs aren't the only ones soloing obsolete dungeons we out geared several modules ago.

But one of that answers my question: What is a Kamikaze CW? IRL, a Kamikazes job is to die, but you seem to be complaining that they don't die enough. What is the difference between a CW and a Kamikaze CW?

Now imagine you're a CW and the group walks into a room with a large crowd of tough mobs. How you you supposed to play? Which powers should you use, and where should you position yourself?
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    neopreen wrote: »
    This magic class is called CONTROL Wizard and not Damage Mage or wtf ever.
    Once we´ve been in Mod 2 the CW was a support class, a controller class. That was great!
    Spamming Singularity and leave the real damaging work to others.

CW can do dps too.
    Control only means dealing aoe damage!
    You are probably refering to that very broken situation where Gwf had bugged deep gash...
    edited March 2015
    This game is meant to be mostly played solo, except for dungeons and skirmishes. CWs aren't the only ones soloing obsolete dungeons we out geared several modules ago.

But one of that answers my question: What is a Kamikaze CW? IRL, a Kamikazes job is to die, but you seem to be complaining that they don't die enough. What is the difference between a CW and a Kamikaze CW?

Now imagine you're a CW and the group walks into a room with a large crowd of tough mobs. How you you supposed to play? Which powers should you use, and where should you position yourself?

Run forward w/o a paladin or GF and you are one-hit. I tried that in l70TOS.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    CW can do dps too.
    Control only means dealing aoe damage!
    You are probably refering to that very broken situation where Gwf had bugged deep gash...

which is no different from your current storm spell which for some reason is allowed to crit even being a passive proc while deep gash got "fixed"
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    which is no different from your current storm spell which for some reason is allowed to crit even being a passive proc while deep gash got "fixed"

You just never stop complaining.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    You just never stop complaining.

i just make sense, give back deep gash to gwfs
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I feel like investing points in constitution isn't worth it anymore! the HP pool is so high from gear that 10% of base HP means nothing next to the +40k HP we get or more from gear...

Can constitution bonus to HP be reworked into something more useful, such as perhaps accounting for total HP instead of base HP?..
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    I feel like investing points in constitution isn't worth it anymore! the HP pool is so high from gear that 10% of base HP means nothing next to the +40k HP we get or more from gear...

Can constitution bonus to HP be reworked into something more useful, such as perhaps accounting for total HP instead of base HP?..

Agreed, SW's especially are loosing the HP edge they once had over the other classes, especially since we no longer have in combat regen, and practically no life steal, the only defense mechanic we SW really have is HP in pvp
    edited March 2015
    Nah, this would also benefit those wo do not need more survivability, such as: TR, HR, CW, DC, SW. The classes that should have higher hp are : GF, OP, GWF. Let's not give DD classes the same amount of hp as tanks, shall we? Since tanks have nowhere near the damage potential as DD classes, while DD classes can get total damage imunity just from dodging/teleporting etc. already along with other damage negating abilities/feats ontop of dodge immunity.

Bug?: Damage dealing classes have more survivability than and equal health as tanks.

Feedback/Suggestion: Either cap TR, HR, CW, SW and DC hp at roughly 50% less than tanks, or give tanks (GF, OP, GWF) 50% more hp than DD classes currently have.

You guys need to stop throwing SW in there...
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    animalust wrote: »
    You guys need to stop throwing SW in there...

I said that SW should have higher hp than CW/hr/TR. Maybe not higher than actual meele fighter specs. but yeah, higher for sure
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    I said that SW should have higher hp than CW/hr/TR. Maybe not higher than actual meele fighter specs. but yeah, higher for sure

considering Con is one of our main stats i certianly wouldnt see a legit reason to nerf my HP

I cant roll dodge, Deflect and Defense can only get you so far in PvP, in mod 6 my SW will need 140k HP to compete lol
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback: I think it is a mistake to not apply the new stats curves to level 1-60. New players will not understand why they will be getting weaker when reaching levels 61 and above. It was a lame excuse that they wanted the gameplay of levels 1-60 to stay as we are used to. Who really cares? A smooth progression would have been way more important.

It is strange that my level 60 GF is killing mobs in WoD faster than my level 70 TR. Also, my up-scaled level 60 GF is likely much more powerful than he will currently be able to become at level 70.
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »

That storm spell was some compensation for shard and OF burst damage.
    I gladly accept to reverse it for old CW burst dmg!
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback: I think it is a mistake to not apply the new stats curves to level 1-60. New players will not understand why they will be getting weaker when reaching levels 61 and above. It was a lame excuse that they wanted the gameplay of levels 1-60 to stay as we are used to. Who really cares? A smooth progression would have been way more important.

It is strange that my level 60 GF is killing mobs in WoD faster than my level 70 TR. Also, my up-scaled level 60 GF is likely much more powerful than he will currently be able to become at level 70.

I completely agree with you on this and I cannot stress it enough to the devs to please consider doing this.
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    if you would play pure melee class you would understand.
    Thats why I say a barbar/blackguard or a monk is very needed.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I just attempted the Corrupted Bears Heroic encounter in Icewind Pass. I took on three of the bears at one time. The encounter was 1 minute and 37 seconds of frantic dodging and me barely surviving. During that time I dished out 2.24 million damage to the three bears. They hit me for 673k even though I had Shield on tab. Even though I'm running an Oppressor build with Orb of Imposition I had no control whatsoever. The stun from Steal Time was over before my casting animation was. Frozen bears broke free in less than a second. Oh, and despite each bear absorbing ~700k damage none of them were below 2/3 health when I died. Even with 5 of me taking on this Heroic Encounter I doubt I'd be successful. The recommended number of people to take out this HE should be "10 utterly pimped out hardcore players or 30 casual players with ok gear." I don't think less will get the job done.

For fun I took on the Prospector Attack HE as well. Same story. Got beaten like a rented mule. Three level 73 Battle Wights and two level 73 Wight Commanders can make quick work of anyone. I lasted less than a minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »

I just attempted the Corrupted Bears Heroic encounter in Icewind Pass. I took on three of the bears at one time. The encounter was 1 minute and 37 seconds of frantic dodging and me barely surviving. During that time I dished out 2.24 million damage to the three bears. They hit me for 673k even though I had Shield on tab. Even though I'm running an Oppressor build with Orb of Imposition I had no control whatsoever. The stun from Steal Time was over before my casting animation was. Frozen bears broke free in less than a second. Oh, and despite each bear absorbing ~700k damage none of them were below 2/3 health when I died. Even with 5 of me taking on this Heroic Encounter I doubt I'd be successful. The recommended number of people to take out this HE should be "10 utterly pimped out hardcore players or 30 casual players with ok gear." I don't think less will get the job done.

For fun I took on the Prospector Attack HE as well. Same story. Got beaten like a rented mule. Three level 73 Battle Wights and two level 73 Wight Commanders can make quick work of anyone. I lasted less than a minute.

I cannot repeat this above enough. so true. I'm wearing The new PvP set, so ilvl135 gear, and the stats are higher than pretty much anything else I can get at the moment on preview. I have pure vorpal, and pure negation, 1 Orange artifact, 3 epic artifacts, and rest of the gear is pretty much just the ilvl120 stuff we got to test pvp in for a total Ilvl of 2841. that's pretty high I'd assume. I dont even think 5 of me would of been able to clear the corrupted bears, they were harder to make any dent in than even the dragons for ToD would be solo.

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »

BTW, Is CW class still ignoring 66% of Tenacity due "we cant control a thing" complain on PvP???

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?582751-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Tenacity-Feedback-Thread/page37

"Hey guys! We have been following the feedback and we wanted to let you guys know we are making a change to improve QoL for Control Wizards in PVP with Tenacity.

Control Wizards now ignore 66% of a target's Tenacity for the purposes of calculating control durations on a target.

We wanted CW's to feel better about landing controls on targets, but didn't want to just widespread scale back the control resist people were getting because we wanted other classes to work harder to successfully control a target. "

They still do.Problem is in mod2 there were very few ways to boost your cc duration or to mitigate it.
    Today CWs have boosted their CC duration by gear/artifacts ,while the cc resist stat is rare and prety expensive to aquire.
    And why only CWs to ignore 66% of tenacity?Why not all classes?

Remind to all GWF/GF prones were deleted from PVP cause CWs "can not fight if we are controlled all the time".

two measures here.
    In any case mod2 CWs had 30k hp at best and 30% DR and a petty shield.Now we are talking about 100k+ hp CWs in mod6 with UNMITIGATED shield on tab,150% CC buff through gear and feats,90s tange ,45k storm spell procs,and a new encounter that does 81k damage every 5,7 secs.

CWs ignoring 66% CC Resist must go away.It is a thing of the past.Period.In pve there's no use for it anyway.it is a golden opportunity here with the new stat curve the devs to bring back in line the Lords of our Lands,the CWs.
    edited March 2015

In case this isn't getting through, here's a parse of me taking on the Prison Warden in Well of Dragons.

2gv4hex.jpg

That is the Prison Warden's outgoing damage. Basically, he's one-shotting just about everyone who will go up against him. He has attacks where the base damage is over 80,000. Oh, and he's control immune. Oh, and he starts with two Guard Drakes who are also control immune who have non-crit base damage over 25,000. Basically the only way for a CW to beat them is to put shield on tab and run for your life because you cannot get hit and live to tell. Then just hope the cheesy damage over time attacks eventually exhaust his nearly 900,000 health. Not fun. And not doable for 80% of the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing Enchantments

Since the patch on Friday these enchantments are broken. They do not drop anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?582751-Cryptic-OFFICIAL-Tenacity-Feedback-Thread/page37

"Hey guys! We have been following the feedback and we wanted to let you guys know we are making a change to improve QoL for Control Wizards in PVP with Tenacity.

Control Wizards now ignore 66% of a target's Tenacity for the purposes of calculating control durations on a target.

We wanted CW's to feel better about landing controls on targets, but didn't want to just widespread scale back the control resist people were getting because we wanted other classes to work harder to successfully control a target. "

They still do.Problem is in mod2 there were very few ways to boost your cc duration or to mitigate it.
    Today CWs have boosted their CC duration by gear/artifacts ,while the cc resist stat is rare and prety expensive to aquire.
    And why only CWs to ignore 66% of tenacity?Why not all classes?

Remind to all GWF/GF prones were deleted from PVP cause CWs "can not fight if we are controlled all the time".

two measures here.
    In any case mod2 CWs had 30k hp at best and 30% DR and a petty shield.Now we are talking about 100k+ hp CWs in mod6 with UNMITIGATED shield on tab,150% CC buff through gear and feats,90s tange ,45k storm spell procs,and a new encounter that does 81k damage every 5,7 secs.

CWs ignoring 66% CC Resist must go away.It is a thing of the past.Period.In pve there's no use for it anyway.it is a golden opportunity here with the new stat curve the devs to bring back in line the Lords of our Lands,the CWs.

Wow. Yeah.. Thats kinda ridiculous.. That needs to be channged to be in line with other classes... why should CW get the easy life.

edited March 2015

I'm curious at to why Elven Ferocity / Tranquility, Fey thistle, regrowth etc, were all buffed 10x stronger than normal. our hp cap only increased about 3 times more than normal. having the boons is basically a REQUIREMENT for PvP (and some PvE) content now because of the higher damage and lack of healing. I'd recommend making them 5x the mod 5 value for the heal and dps boons, instead of 10x. This way people without the boons will be weaker than someone with, but you wont feel cheated when someone suddenly heals 40k hp from tranq / regrowth

edited March 2015
    Wow. Yeah.. Thats kinda ridiculous.. That needs to be channged to be in line with other classes... why should CW get the easy life.

Because, as everyone likes to say when calling for CW damage nerfs, "they're control wizards".
    edited March 2015
    Because, as everyone likes to say when calling for CW damage nerfs, "they're control wizards.

then they should get "Control Bonus" on their gear. not just ignore a game mechanic.

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    then they should get "Control Bonus" on their gear. not just ignore a game mechanic.

Well given the diminishing returns curve for stacking control bonus off of gear, it's pointless. This should be changed to allow a meaningful control bonus from gear.
    edited March 2015
    Well given the diminishing returns curve for stacking control bonus off of gear, it's pointless. This should be changed to allow a meaningful control bonus from gear.

exactly, instead of making them ignore a stat that everyone else has to obey. just increase the scaling of control bonus , Or give them a feat that increases it, if the scaling of everything else can be changed it can also. instead of inherently being able to ignore something so important to PvP. it should at least need points spent to do so. Or like you said. if they are a Control Wizard, then they dont need as high dps as they have.

edited March 2015
    exactly, instead of making them ignore a stat that everyone else has to obey. just increase the scaling of control bonus , Or give them a feat that increases it, if the scaling of everything else can be changed it can also. instead of inherently being able to ignore something so important to PvP. it should at least need points spent to do so. Or like you said. if they are a Control Wizard, then they dont need as high dps as they have.
    They only have the opportunity to go full control as Oppressor, as GWF has the opportunity to go full offtank as Sentinel.
This discussion has been closed.