test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Stat Changes

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    hey .. i'll just throw this out here..

Can we get rid of paingiver? The score is meaningless and implies too many things that arent actually said (or true).

Please?

Yes please. The best change you can do
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rversant wrote: »

Currently on Preview I've seen Hunter rangers and Control wizards with the same gear level / sets as GWF/GF, but having comparable HP. Whats the point of having classes that are designated as the tanky classes who deal lower damage, if the "Pure dps" classes can have the same / Higher hp, Armor and such is a nonfactor as Theres many ways to reach DR cap in PVP (bit of arpen + pure/trans chants, the fact that all these debuffs stack, etc) , and in PVE the Dps classes wont be tanking in group content anyway

Hp on Non-TANK classes (Tr/hr/cw/dc/sw) Should be lower than on Op/Gwf/Gf sets by a reasonable margin.

SW may be an exception as they are a very hp reliant class

While I agree in general, what about the damage GWF, should they gain as much as the tank GWF? Even if there is a gear set favoring defense and one favoring offense they can still be worn by either unless paragon restrictions were implemented.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    While I agree in general, what about the damage GWF, should they gain as much as the tank GWF? Even if there is a gear set favoring defense and one favoring offense they can still be worn by either unless paragon restrictions were implemented.

Damage GWF still doesnt compare in general tankiness to even a cloth wearing mage at the moment, and even with the changes on preview I still cant see them comparing in damage to the other classes considered to be high DPS. I've got a 60 gwf, 60 HR and 60 TR on live, and both the HR and TR can take more punishment than the GWF simply because of dodges / stealth and immunity based skills. and yes the Defensive sets should have higher hp so if a Damage gwf sacrifices damage (i'd assume Crit and arpen wouldnt be the stats on the tank set, tank set would likely be HP>defence>Power>Recov>deflect>Regen or something compared to an offense set with HP/Power/Crit/Arpen/Defence/Lifesteal) to use that tank set they should benefit from the higher HP of a tank.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
    edited February 2015
    Reconsider the changes to regen to let it stay somewhat useful.
    just added incoming healing in combat is ridicolous.
    you crush started saying: ''there were no reason to stack regen in pve" ....where is now this added reason?
    i fail to see it. Regen now is just something that one should avoid and gear with it becomes subpar.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you crush started saying: ''there were no reason to stack regen in pve" ....where is now this added reason?
    i fail to see it. Regen now is just something that one should avoid and gear with it becomes subpar.

At this point, I'd like to see regen removed from the game. Instead, give all characters 10% base HP regen while out of combat, or move current preview regen mechanics onto life steal.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »

At this point, I'd like to see regen removed from the game. Instead, give all characters 10% base HP regen while out of combat, or move current preview regen mechanics onto life steal.
    Regen : something like incoming healing + % of TOTAL HP in addition would help tanks and keep the stat somewhat useful at least in pvp while allowing some use even in pve
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Stamina Gain, Control resist, Control Bonus, Companion influence and some 2-3 stats, how does they scale?

cause right now for 10% you need 1300 points in them. and from 10% from 11% you need 500 points in it to get 1%. so fix that up.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »

I'd suggest the opposite: remove lifesteal from the game and buff regen.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited February 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »

why not, keep only lifesteal from feats and boons and delete it as stackable stats.
    every piece of gear with lifesteal now gives = regen
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2015

new regen is not so bad but it needs to be 100-150points in regen for 1% to be good and we could have some use of it since noone will notice 4-5% improved heals since this is much as we can get atm :(
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stamina Gain, Control resist, Control Bonus, Companion influence and some 2-3 stats, how does they scale?

cause right now for 10% you need 1300 points in them. and from 10% from 11% you need 500 points in it to get 1%. so fix that up.

There was no change to how these secondary stats scale. I'm not sure if that was intentionally or not.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • stormedx2stormedx2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG GAME BREAKING T Lightning Enchant Testing with a High DPS lvl 70 Paladin and a Transendant Lightning enchant on Test Dummies, there is a way to make the lightning continuously proc non stop. This action causes the server to slow down as it is running something like 200 Calculations per second, Chat records are instantly being deleted due to combat number generation int he logs, and Server Wide Lag is a result.

This issue is very similar to the lag generated by old Blue Dragon Glyph+GF Machine Gun exploit, and the old SW Temptation spec glitch with Burning Radiance proc (though that was wayyyyyy worse).

This obviously needs to be addressed ASAP
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    why not, keep only lifesteal from feats and boons and delete it as stackable stats.
    every piece of gear with lifesteal now gives = regen

I agree. If they remove life steal at all and change all stats on gear from life steal to regen, It would be good. And SW could get a special class mechanics - Life Steal - you heal yourself for 15% of the damage dealt.

But I'm afraid it's to late for such drastic changes.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    With the rework on stats and especially on the Crit stat, Crit build clerics (Healing and DPS) are just destroyed.

Crit build Healing DC: The new crit stat reduction effectively kills the build as they heavily relied on crits rather than power, in order to heal their party members.

Crit Build DPC DC: The change has completely changed the amount of damage DPS DCs.

Essentially this reduction with crit stat, has become a, for the lack of a better word, nerf for these types of DCs. As it is the new feats for DCs are lack luster, we didn't get anything that helped us like most classes, instead DCs got an after thought, add the crit stat reduction for crit chance, and bam! killed crit build DCs.

SUGGESTION:
    Change a heroic feat that isn't utilized and give the option for 2/4/6/8/10% increased crit chance.

I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
    edited March 2015
    Feedback on Boon changes

On a positive note, some of the changes to the Stat boons was great. even the ones that were just flat increases of 2x or 3x are beneficial and give them more value.

However currently the changes to some of the boons is insanely broken in PvP .

Elven Ferocity (the sharandar boon) Is dealing more damage than the actual players attacks, and potentially one shotting people at level 60.

Fey thistle is also causing people to die just from attacking someone with it in 4-5 hits, because of its huge damage increase.

The healing boons such as enraged regrowth, are healing people to full in a few seconds from >10% hp because of the incoming healing bonuses.

This screenshot was taken at level 60 against a level 60. we were scaled to 70, but of course our HP was not due to the gear we had on.

Perhaps a simple cap on its damage so it deals either 20,000, or 20% of its targets max hp. Whichever is lower. This would mean that over 100k hp you'd still take 20,000 dmg, but below this you would take less. (10,000 at 50k hp, 5,000 at 25k hp)

This may actually be a better option and still gives ferocity and regrowth high value, without being overpowered.

edited March 2015
    crtic needs to be 600:1% it is still to easy to have huge crtic chance and base crtic chance should be reduced as well my char got 26% crtic chance on lvl 70 and it do not have any crtic focused gear or crtic enchant and dex is only 17 :confused:

power needs to get 300:1% rates or it will be the worst offensive stat to stack
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    warpet wrote: »
    crtic needs to be 600:1% it is still to easy to have huge crtic chance and base crtic chance should be reduced as well my char got 26% crtic chance and it do not have any crtic focused gear or crtic enchant and dex is only 17 :confused: and it dose not even have any lvl 70 gear

power needs to get 300:1% rates or it will be the worst offensive stat to stack

Why don't we get rid of the Conqueror path from the GF then while we are in the mood to destroy crit.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    Feedback on lv 70 armors HP
    squishy class should not get same HP stat as tanks, GF/GWF/Paladin should have more hp from armors than squishers.

+1 GWF/GF/Paladin armor should get significantly higher HP bonus. having the same HP on every class defeats the purpose of tanks.
    there should be a difference
    edited March 2015
    delete this post
    edited March 2015
    oh come on give regen a meaning of life !
  • iguresaniguresan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Well, we have there something that is rly weird and i hope Devs see if im wrong ok?

Armor Pen at lv 70 should be 100 = 1%, but, after 50%, it start to hard cap and if i could get 10k armor pen, i should have like maximum 65% armor pen.

Tenacity: Gives 78% armor pen resist with full elemental fire set only.

Dunno if that's intentional but u guys made armor pen a useless stat on the game, and, decreased a lot the damange from classes that dont have an atribute to give armor pen, like the gwf have for example the constitution giving armor pen %.

The fact is now with the ''boon'' changes, most of the damange of PvP, from classes like HR, TR, CW etc, is comming from class feats, feats or boons, becouse we just cant do damange with the high damange reduction/deflection of classes like, paladin, gwf using trans negation+ sentinel, gf, some dcs.

Its cool that you guys wanna reduce the armor pen, but TWO times the tenacity is a lot of reduction, i think you should put armor pen resist as the same % of other tenacity stats, like, with all tenacity things u can get 50% more and thats the exactly point of the armor pen ''cap'' that i said.

Thx for reading me, hope any dev listen this, becouse its rly important.

Cya.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    As tank GF I feel really useless. A single encounter of 2 bigger minions and 2 small ones bring me down. I can't kill them before they kill me. Not a single feat/boon/whatever I used beware me from this BS. I needed to summon a HEALER Pet to survive such a basic one and even then they bring me easy down to 50% of my health. I carry 2k+ stats with me that are totally useless.

I don't check why you change the boons so much - some are really nice now - but most are just plain +stat instead of independent statimprover(+x% DR/damage/whatever). Statinflation ftw... While your new system 'remove' DR, it's just a timephase until the stats gonna skyrocket again.

I don't check why you buffed the tenacity so much, but leaving the problem of this 'fix' unsolved. Instead of making 60%+ Arpen useless(is it only Arpen RI affected or stat RI from Dex/Con too???) you let them achieve 60%+... Who will be hurt by this? The ones, that debuff you to hell? Or the ones, with only average gear?

Please give the tanks the combat regeneration back! It can't be true, that we only live from our poor hp, deflect and DR...
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    atm my lv 70 GWF with 5k defense have 20%~DR

Feedback: same, a group of redcaps kills me. What else can you expect when you have no Damage reduction, no regen, no life steal.

Bug: Great Weapon Fighter. none of the three words is right.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback on lv 70 armors HP
    squishy class should not get same HP stat as tanks, GF/GWF/Paladin should have more hp from armors than squishers.

This^. Apart from DR, which is so easily bypassed anyway, total HP is the one defensive stat that sets "tanks" and others apart. This should be represented on our gear. Especially the PVP sets cannot give the same HP bonus to a GF and a Wizard period.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited March 2015
    Feedback - Hp On gear

Non-Tanky classes HP on gear should be reduced, or tank classes should get at least 30-40% more HP on their gear. Otherwise "tanky" classes will still be considered useless for PVP and PVE content, Tanky classes Are GF , OP , GWF. cloth wearing mage and leather wearing rogue should not be able to acheive the same levels of HP as a "Tank".

• blackomen9000blackomen9000 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Feedback - Hp On gear

Non-Tanky classes HP on gear should be reduced, or tank classes should get at least 30-40% more HP on their gear. Otherwise "tanky" classes will still be considered useless for PVP and PVE content, Tanky classes Are GF , OP , GWF. cloth wearing mage and leather wearing rogue should not be able to acheive the same levels of HP as a "Tank".

I second this, not sure who the dev is that is behind this terrible design, but he needs a different position, design and balance are not his strong suit.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I also agree that the tank classes should certainly have more HP on gear. I can't decide whether it should be a pooled stat with others in the distribution or not, though, but it certainly seems reasonable that those designed and designated with absorbing damage should have a clear lead in the overall amount they can absorb independent of any incoming healing/regen/etc.
    edited March 2015
    I also agree that the tank classes should certainly have more HP on gear. I can't decide whether it should be a pooled stat with others in the distribution or not, though, but it certainly seems reasonable that those designed and designated with absorbing damage should have a clear lead in the overall amount they can absorb independent of any incoming healing/regen/etc.

I feel it should just generally have higher HP stat, that or all "Tank" classes should have their max hp bonus % from con like.. doubled or more (which actually wouldnt even be that big a buff.) I'd prefer the first option obviously as it actually is a definite boost.

edited March 2015
    there is something called effective hp, go say to a sw that he has the same effective hp as a gf or dc.
    go trying
    however is the difference now between a gf and a cleric lets say its 30-35k hp it will stay like that even in mod 6.

i love the changes to armor set because they bring less 1shotting both in pvp and pve introducing a skill factor which know is lacking in every class.
    however i think its time for constitution to work on total hp and not just base hp. adjust then the % bonus as you like, it will need a nerf probably.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there is something called effective hp, go say to a sw that he has the same effective hp as a gf or dc.
    go trying
    however is the difference now between a gf and a cleric lets say its 30-35k hp it will stay like that even in mod 6.

i love the changes to armor set because they bring less 1shotting both in pvp and pve introducing a skill factor which know is lacking in every class.
    however i think its time for constitution to work on total hp and not just base hp. adjust then the % bonus as you like, it will need a nerf probably.

Nah, this would also benefit those wo do not need more survivability, such as: TR, HR, CW, DC, SW. The classes that should have higher hp are : GF, OP, GWF. Let's not give DD classes the same amount of hp as tanks, shall we? Since tanks have nowhere near the damage potential as DD classes, while DD classes can get total damage imunity just from dodging/teleporting etc. already along with other damage negating abilities/feats ontop of dodge immunity.

Bug?: Damage dealing classes have more survivability than and equal health as tanks.

Feedback/Suggestion: Either cap TR, HR, CW, SW and DC hp at roughly 50% less than tanks, or give tanks (GF, OP, GWF) 50% more hp than DD classes currently have.

This discussion has been closed.