test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lvl 70 'Greater' artifact cloaks..

13»

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hello doesnt matter if we need the item to be legendary or not.Matter some of us lost time to farm rp and refine the gear.So make something that worth 4.3m rp obsolete there is no positive side here.I farm and some other poeple farm with our hands not like some other with the bot to get rp.i play the game if the target are the bots i dont know do something with them instead harm the real farmers too.
    edited February 2015
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=213exph&s=8#.VPI9yvmsUis

spend 5k astrals dragon sigils cult secrets to get each time 3k rp for your item where is the positive here?
    if you see the image is imperial cloak into imperial cloak 3k rp!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Weird bug? with the new lvl 70 artifact weapon , I ran the task in the ToD campaign to make one and got a lvl 60 version , I wonder if there will be some upgrade mechanism to take artifact gear from lvl 60 to lvl 70? As you can see in the picture below I have The orb of elemental fire equipped on my lvl 60 character xD O_o

b0fW9Xi.jpg
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Weird bug? with the new lvl 70 artifact weapon , I ran the task in the ToD campaign to make one and got a lvl 60 version , I wonder if there will be some upgrade mechanism to take artifact gear from lvl 60 to lvl 70? As you can see in the picture below I have The orb of elemental fire equipped on my lvl 60 character xD O_o

b0fW9Xi.jpg

i hope is the what i am thinking that just the old artifacts renamed and not replaced.LETS hope is that.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i bet there will be new a belt, cloak just everything, since u level to 70, the gear will be level 70, can´t imagine the belt just stays 60 or gets upgraded
    first u run tiamat or what ever to get linus, but i hope we can get linus for other quests or dungeon, since i can´t stand this tiamat any more, didn´t go there for some time
    the moment u have ur lev 70 gear u will wait for next double weekend to sink ur lev 60 into it, pretty visible
    what would be the sense of a lev 60 artifact that has minor stats than a lev 70 commoon blue belt?
    lev upgrade is a cut for all gear and weapons
    next mod they will probably bring new artifacts, making the old worthless, so task will be: change your four artifacts, upgrade them, refine the old ones
    what else is the game about? level, upgrade gear, grind
    noone should hope to take his stuff into the grave
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thread reminds me of this song.

Ben Howards - Oats in the Water

Little interpretation I found.
    Coke is a high carbon material derived from coal and used in the process of smelting iron ore to make steel. Midas was a king in Greek mythology who turned things to gold by his touch, this of course was a curse and not a blessing because even his food and drink turned to gold and he eventually died hungry despite his wealth. In gold smelting, coke is not normally used as it would be an impurity in the gold. "Coke in the Midas touch" is a metaphor possibly meaning that there is a cost to comfort and riches. This metalurgical metaphor is consistent with the next line which says "a joke in the way we rust." Again, rust destroys, just as coke would ruin the purity of gold

Also, thank you for the info becks.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i bet there will be new a belt, cloak just everything, since u level to 70, the gear will be level 70, can´t imagine the belt just stays 60 or gets upgraded
    first u run tiamat or what ever to get linus, but i hope we can get linus for other quests or dungeon, since i can´t stand this tiamat any more, didn´t go there for some time
    the moment u have ur lev 70 gear u will wait for next double weekend to sink ur lev 60 into it, pretty visible
    what would be the sense of a lev 60 artifact that has minor stats than a lev 70 commoon blue belt?
    lev upgrade is a cut for all gear and weapons
    next mod they will probably bring new artifacts, making the old worthless, so task will be: change your four artifacts, upgrade them, refine the old ones
    what else is the game about? level, upgrade gear, grind
    noone should hope to take his stuff into the grave

Great. Greater. Greatest...

The question is what's life after Greatest...
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't wait for the super duper greater greatest.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    after great comes big, bigger, biggest
    superbig, superbigger and so on
    until anyone has the time to rework everything in mod 15 and the hunt starts again at the beginning?
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    Today, I fed a rank 1 artifact belt (dropped in well of dragons on live server) into my purple artifact belt (which I wear on live server) and it crit. 80% return during 2xRP events is not so bad because a critical is possible with some belts and I hope with all other artifact gear too.

And lockboxes aren't a bad investment because a legendary can drop. Btw can we stop relying on 2x rp for a system to work. If you have to use the 2x rp argument, then the system isn't great to start with. Instead of trying to find ways of making the system sort of work, shouldn't we focus on ways the system can be improved. That's a big flaw over here. People overlook the flaws and accept it which only allows future content not to be to a high standard and other developers may think they can get away with it.

Life is about learning from your mistakes. Over here it's pretty difficult to point them out and so things don't progress. Though really they could obviously improve their end too.
  • mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2015

b0fW9Xi.jpg

Maybe the campaign task give an artifact for your level category ( 60-69 then 70, like pvp level category ).
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The good thing about all these new greater versions, is I can stop bothering. No way is it acceptable to deprecate all our expensively refined artifact gear, some of which was refined less than a month ago. At best you get 80% of your RP back during a 2x god knows when. That is hardly a way to retain a playerbase.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    The good thing about all these new greater versions, is I can stop bothering. No way is it acceptable to deprecate all our expensively refined artifact gear, some of which was refined less than a month ago. At best you get 80% of your RP back during a 2x god knows when. That is hardly a way to retain a playerbase.

Yeah it is quite annoying if we do have to start over , I guess one positive is that this kind of thing probably won't happen again for at least a few modules so it isn't like this new artifact gear will be totally outclassed within a few months .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited March 2015
    Yeah it is quite annoying if we do have to start over , I guess one positive is that this kind of thing probably won't happen again for at least a few modules so it isn't like this new artifact gear will be totally outclassed within a few months .

Probably isn't really reliable.

Mod 1: MC weapons, not really a kick in the balls if you don't get them over CN set.
    Mod 2: The grind begins, artifacts released.
    Mod 3: More artifacts released, a lot are accessible. However the grind isn't so bad, mostly due to botted r4s.
    Mod 4: Artifact equipment introduced. The grind REALLY starts
    Mod 5: Even more artifact equipment. Cheap supplies removed, the actual issue remains making things worse.
    Mod 6: Progress reverted and requirements in order to max, raised

Really I don't think an, "oh maybe we can have a break" is something to rely on. The system has progressively gotten more grindy that only worked to begin with because bots could give us a supply. If there's no artifact rings in mod 6, they'll probably come in 7. And they may add some other item type that is heavily on the money side in order to max. Gear inflation is happening faster than your average high end legit player can even farm and it just divides the community. The ones that get left behind are the ones who treat this more like a game.

Grind is fine, but there's practically nothing to grind that doesn't make you feel like a 3rd world worker working for peanuts.

It's weird that people against using stacks of enchants to make the system more user friendly because it's meant to be used gradually and be a slow progress (despite having the gear obsolete by the time you get anywhere far). Yet at the same time, to make the most of it, you should save your rp for 2x rp. Which is it?
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That's what we thought about the lvl 60 artifact gear, in fact we've only gotten some like 2 months ago, only to get replaced by new stuff now.
    What worries me is that all the new gear is 'fire elemental' gear, but remember we have 4 elements in this module. I wouldn't be surprised to see new elemental gear introduced later on, just like the 2 new paragon restricted artifact weapons were introduced later on (I do realize that the new main hands have an unlock-able feature, unlike existing gear, but they can find some new stats or mechanic to play around with).
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please... someone tell me this isn't really happening.....
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please... someone tell me this isn't really happening.....

Could be worse, I could have more than 1 Legendary. I now know not to bother. Also, I'm thinking I need to watch my normal artifacts, at this rate, when will we be replacing those?
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I very much prefer the old T1/T2 Purple gear system, some might be hard to obtain, but once you get it thats all you need, you can work on other alternative like artifact (not gears) or enchantment or your skillsets.

The way the artifact gear is going now, its making the game unfun and likely unbalanced for new comers :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited March 2015
    blag001 wrote: »
    Great Cryptic!

You just killed this game, really great! You just foul us to get "artifact" stuff that now you are turning into trash and forcing us to start all again...

Maybe some "I live in front of computer" players will keep playing, but the players that just want some fun at the end of the day or in some free ours will quit it...

Watch it die.....

As someone who "lives in front of their computer" I have to say that I don't really want invested time to not really pay off. In fact I'm approaching my 100m AD target over hoarding rp for upgrading.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Things change . . .

I'm not saying I like it but nothing we can do about it if they decide to roll this out to live. I don't have any orange gear and probably never will. I play to have fun; I don't care about having the biggest/best/loudest gear in NW. That's a battle that no one will ever win.
    I aim to misbehave