test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lvl 70 'Greater' artifact cloaks..

Comments

• jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Why are they releasing gear that needs RP. When almost nothing drops RP. What the hell.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aahahahah i called them...
    "it's not live it's just ptr" incoming
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wait is a item lv 60 usable to refine an item lv 70?
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    wait is a item lv 60 usable to refine an item lv 70?
    That better be the case ...

Edit: I just tested refining the new GF off-hand artifact shield with my golden dragon shield and it works. I hope and expect that it will be also possible to refine the new artifact cloaks with old artifact cloaks and new artifact belts with old artifact belts.
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Anyone know if level 70 gear gives more rp by any chance? Though personally I'd rather it wouldn't because it'd be stupidly tedious.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    ctf4void wrote: »
    That better be the case ...

Edit: I just tested refining the new GF off-hand artifact shield with my golden dragon shield and it works. I hope and expect that it will be also possible to refine the new artifact cloaks with old artifact cloaks and new artifact belts with old artifact belts.

Does it give 1:1 RP ratio?
    Otherwise I won't bother making my new cloak level 40 with my old legendary one.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Otherwise I won't bother making my new cloak level 40 with my old legendary one.

its gives 40% of the rp....
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Take a look here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_off-hand. If you refine artifact gear with the same kind of artifact gear, you will get 40% refinement points back, so it is not worth it. it is only worth it during double refinement points events, then you will get 80% of your invested refinement points back.

On a side note, I think that the current double refinement points event which was announced at very short notice served the purpose to make players consume refinement items, AD and Zen before module 6 hits. Because once module 6 hits with the new artifact gear and higher maximum artifact ranks, players will want to refine their artifact gear and artifacts. That way players get milked two times.
    Otherwise many players would have thought "Hmm, the last double refinement event has been 3 months ago, there should be soon another one, I better wait until then to refine my new artifact gear and to rank my artifacts up beyond rank 100."
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only artifacts worth anything imo at this point:

Cloak that gives action point gain

belt that gives +4 (+5 mythic?)to crit ability score stat.

Wont bother getting anything else. Waste of time. Doubt I will even bother getting lvl 70 version of these items either. the minor stats boost wont be worth it since I mainly want that +4-5% crit proc and action point gains.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited February 2015

how do you want it to be 1:1 ration , it's a lvl 60 in a lvl 70 , at least be happy we can use them to refine new ones !
    edited February 2015
    ctf4void wrote: »
    Take a look here: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_off-hand. If you refine artifact gear with the same kind of artifact gear, you will get 40% refinement points back, so it is not worth it. it is only worth it during double refinement points events, then you will get 80% of your invested refinement points back.

On a side note, I think that the current double refinement points event which was announced at very short notice served the purpose to make players consume refinement items, AD and Zen before module 6 hits. Because once module 6 hits with the new artifact gear and higher maximum artifact ranks, players will want to refine their artifact gear and artifacts. That way players get milked two times.
    Otherwise many players would have thought "Hmm, the last double refinement event has been 3 months ago, there should be soon another one, I better wait until then to refine my new artifact gear and to rank my artifacts up beyond rank 100."

I know how it used to be but mod 6 brings so many changes to the table that I foolishly expected devs to show a good will and allow us to feed it without losing any RP. After all our gear was expected to increase in ranks and not get replaced completely.
    edited February 2015
    kaedennn wrote: »
    how do you want it to be 1:1 ration , it's a lvl 60 in a lvl 70 , at least be happy we can use them to refine new ones !

Are you serious? Have you read your own sentence? If you don't know yet feeding normal artifact with another normal artifact of the same type gives you a value multiplied by 5.

I don't see why it shouldn't be changed for Cloaks and Greater Cloaks of the same type (for example Imperial or Black Ice).
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Right that's it, I'm done with this RP artifact BS. Going back to normal epics. Will craft the MH, farm my *** off for the OH and just go with that. Craft lvl 25 JC stuff and screw the rest. It's not like we need all this continuing power creep in Mod 6. People have been saying new content is faceroll in current lvl 60. Get stuffed, get absolutely stuffed!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The artifact equipment get a rank rise, and also a level rise. What a surprise! Honestly I did not expect both coming. My last hope is that they could increase the RP return of the artifact equipment.
    My suggestion: 25% for different type
    50% for the same type
    100% for the same type in the double RP event.
    Otherwise I have to say I will keep away from artifact gears.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Edit: Nevermind, found them!
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Where are these "Greater" versions? I don't see them anywhere in the collections or in any of the Campaign Stores.

Go to the ToD campaign shop guy in the WoD or near the reward claims agent in PE , the guy who you got the old lvl 60 cloak off for Linu's favor.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Go to the ToD campaign shop guy in the WoD or near the reward claims agent in PE , the guy who you got the old lvl 60 cloak off for Linu's favor.
    Thanks, I realized I forgot to look there moments after posting. Found them, thanks!
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are you serious? Have you read your own sentence? If you don't know yet feeding normal artifact with another normal artifact of the same type gives you a value multiplied by 5.

I don't see why it shouldn't be changed for Cloaks and Greater Cloaks of the same type (for example Imperial or Black Ice).

man , these are artefact weapons not artefacts (it's a lvl 60 item vs a lvl 70 item ) can't you understand , you can't equip it till you have the lvl ?, and you can't have the x5 bonus even if you use another same artefact wepon with same lvl .

We didn't even think that wa can refine with our current artefact weapons so thanks to devs that they allowed this , ( because in the first place this was supposed to make things back to start again)

PS : can you now feed lvl 59 gear into your lvl 60 artefact weapons ?
    edited February 2015
    Imperial vs Greater Imperial at rank 1

gr_zpslxiy0q4e.png

Remember that "Greater" is almost certainly not a final rank which means that in future mods you will feed your Greater Cloak to the Major? one and later Major to sth else.
    It also means that even if you get lucky and do that only during double refinement (which they placed before mod 6 for obvious reasons) you will get 3.757.728 RP from your legendary cloak or 1.878.864 without double RP.

Every time they introduce new rank you will lose even more from that amount which means no more upgrading for me. I will equip my toon with drops. However for PvP players it will create an enormous imbalance between rich an poor. I can't imagine new players without armies of invoking toons fighting with fully upgraded players and having any chance.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think for existing players it doesn't really make a difference whether you have to spend 4.5M on another piece of artifact gear or use the same amount of RP to upgrade it to a level 80 or whatever. In the end it might even be beneficial, because you can use your existing piece to get started. Look at the new Artifact levels. Upgrading from 100-140 costs nearly twice as much as upgrading from 1-100. Same with Enchantments and their new levels.

What sucks is that the new stuff is still tied to Tiamat and that players are purposely getting played with a double RP weekend where they are probably refining stuff right now that's not worth **** in two weeks. A perfect timing for a x2 RP would have been two or three weeks into the new module...
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015

gr_zpslxiy0q4e.png

Remember that "Greater" is almost certainly not a final rank which means that in future mods you will feed your Greater Cloak to the Major? one and later Major to sth else.
    It also means that even if you get lucky and do that only during double refinement (which they placed before mod 6 for obvious reasons) you will get 3.757.728 RP from your legendary cloak or 1.878.864 without double RP.

Every time they introduce new rank you will lose even more from that amount which means no more upgrading for me. I will equip my toon with drops. However for PvP players it will create an enormous imbalance between rich an poor. I can't imagine new players without armies of invoking toons fighting with fully upgraded players and having any chance.

yeah

i never thought they could make the imbalance any worse, between the haves and the have nots

but lo and behold...here we go with BiS players crushing casuals
    edited February 2015
    Checked out some of the changes. I really like the addition of the original artifacts to the Campaign Vendors! This will make it better for new players and current players a like to gain their artifacts. Then when they do finally get a greater cloak, they can feed their old one into their new one for 40% return on the RP in their old one, or 80% during 2xRP.

My only real concern is these new Greater Cloak versions. Why even have these be separate items? Are they needed? I don't think so. If they are meant to make one more viable
    however, then I would just suggest instead to make the original ones Greater Green upon refining them Epic, and you then refine them back up to Legendary. I just don't understand the need to add whole new versions.

In any case, I don't see why I would need these greater versions anyway. These normal ones will serve me just fine and be great for my plethora of alts still running through the campaigns, as well as my ones that have finished but have not yet obtained such artifacts.
  • kreanz1kreanz1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "There will not be new artifacts" -cit.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The greater cloaks have following stat combination on Legendary:

Old ones have:

Which means it has 852 more stat points that is about 80% Stat Point increase to the old cloaks.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    I just don't understand the need to add whole new versions.

To force you into upgrading and using more rp. Whether or not the botted supplies previously being massively available had something to do with the decision (ie they wanted to reduce the impact) I don't know. I wouldn't say it was a good one. I'm using to non-beneficial changes though.
  • ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    nah,no greater anythings for me..I'm ok with normal artis I got.no way I'm gonna loose 60% of rp's I put in them.I have grinded my fingers off and only got main hand and belt to orange and off hand and neck are still purple.no way I'm starting all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all over again.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015

gr_zpslxiy0q4e.png

I doubt the majors will come out until the level cap 80 update, likely around module 12 or so, which is a long way off.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    I doubt the majors will come out until the level cap 80 update, likely around module 12 or so, which is a long way off.

doubt the game is still alive by that time
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    I mean, this is honestly a foul play.

The prizes for 60 cloaks went up in the wake of double RP weekend and people are wasting RP right now. I don't know, that doesn't feel right.

Have to partially retract that statement.

Refining one piece of Artifact gear from 0-60 would cost 2,322,600 RP during the x2 weekend. Feeding the very same piece into new gear during another x2 weekend would produce 3,717,728 RP, meaning you would be getting 160% of your investment back.
    I mean, you are still better off feeding the RP directly into the new gear, but since they are not yet available you can use current RP and artifact gear to refine the future stuff. Sort of.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Checked out some of the changes. I really like the addition of the original artifacts to the Campaign Vendors! This will make it better for new players and current players a like to gain their artifacts. Then when they do finally get a greater cloak, they can feed their old one into their new one for 40% return on the RP in their old one, or 80% during 2xRP.

Today, I fed a rank 1 artifact belt (dropped in well of dragons on live server) into my purple artifact belt (which I wear on live server) and it crit. 80% return during 2xRP events is not so bad because a critical is possible with some belts and I hope with all other artifact gear too.