What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Campaign Rework

Comments

• Options
    windquakewindquake Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Mixing levels has historically not been a great move. CTA's like battle for the bridge, helms hold etc were incredibly erratic. One CTA you would go in and demolish everything and the next you would go in and be severely undergeared. This was due to the difference in your teams levels. Personally I think your post works for everything up to Tiamat (as all the rest is solo and while we party for Dread Ring/Sharandar dungeons it's not necessary).

Would really really appreciate if you looked at the campaign boons and adjusted them to the new stat curve and levels. Sharandar/IWD/ToD was far too long and arduous a grind for them to become meaningless.
    You were just unlucky to meet good players. In CTA as level 40-50 I was able to beat even 10-13k gs people in dmg.
  • Options
    herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2015
    only reason for me to return doing campaigns is if they would attach uniqe gear rewords to present boon reward.
    Cosmetic gear that cant be attained anyway else.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Sharandar
    - Again, all boons should be +400 stat point.
    - HP boons should be 1200 (LESS than 4:1)
    - "Elven Ferocity" and "Elven Tranquility": These should damage and heal based on % of Weapon Damage. I would suggest around 50% weapon damage each.

- "Fey Thistle" Also a % of Current HP (2% seems fine)
    - "Elvish Fury": Should grant +400 Power after each kill and stack 10 times.

Other Considerations:
    -Limiting Daily quests as an alternative to leveling content seems very limiting. I Strongly suggest the ability to purchase a "daily reset token" from the Zen store for 50-100 zen. Allowing you to do more than 1 cycle of dailies to complete this faster.

-Another option to use Formorian Concoction to reset dailies as well. This allows players to "grind" enough to reset dailies. Maybe 50 can be used for a daily rest.

Dread Ring
    - The "split" boons should be +200 each ("Keepers Strength" - should be +200 Power and +200 movement)
    - All others, +400 each
    - "Forbidden Piecing" : This is going to be VERY powerful at +400, I would suggest making this +200. I would also up "Illusion Shimmer" to be 5% (up from 3%). This makes it a good alternative to +200 armor pen.
    - "Enraged Growth" and "Showdowtouched": Again Both based on % of Weapon Damage. This should be around 50% As well.
    - ALL Final Tier feats need a re-do:
    - "Thayan Bastion": This needs to be increased to about 2k
    - "Madness": Stacks dropped to 30, Buff increased to +1200 Power, +800 Lifesteal and +800 Regen.
    - "Endless COnsumption": This should be a chance on hit to give you 3x the CHANCE to lifesteal. This would need a small ICD (Maybe 30 seconds).
    - Burning Guidance: This needs a serious re-work. I would suggest again % of Weapon Damage.

Other Considerations:
    -Limiting Daily quests as an alternative to leveling content seems very limiting. I Strongly suggest the ability to purchase a "daily reset token" from the Zen store for 50-100 zen. Allowing you to do more than 1 cycle of dailies to complete this faster.

-Another option to use Onyx Fragments to reset dailies as well. This allows players to "grind" enough to reset dailies. Maybe 50 can be used for a daily rest.

IceWind Dale
    - Boons to +400.
    - "Sleet Skills":Crit Severity should be +3%
    - "Cool resolve": Gain up to +1200 Power based on missing Stamina
    - "Cold Shoulder": Damage mitigated should be upped to nearly 1000.
    - ALL capstones are Lack Luster. Revisit this bonuses please.

Other Considerations:
    Same as the above two: Zen fast-track and farmable item to reset Daily.

I would STRONGLY suggest a re-work of how the Blackice gear is granted. You should be able to buy ALL the black Ice Gear from the Vendor HOWEVER each piece also requires a new item "Heroic Seal". You can "mimic" Seal requirements from Drow Gear (i.e. The BlackIce Chest would cost around +12 Seals). These "Heroic Seals" Drop from each HE in IWD and DV from getting "Great Success".

BlackIce Gear needs to be "on par" with Drow Gear as far as stats because it does require ALOT of farming, module 3 completion and AD.

Tyranny of Dragons/Tiamat
    - Boons upped to +400 each.
    - "ArmorBreaker" - Because it is armor pen, this can be +200 ARP.

Other Considerations:
    - Please consider reducing the # of Linu's Favor DOWN to "20"/"40" Respectively. Currently "30" and "50" is crazy. ALSO please put Luni's Favor in the Zen store for 100 zen each.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: ToD Campaign in Neverdeath

My level 28 paladin was dismounted and unable to use (level 15) healing potions or altars in the Charthraxis area.

Leaving the area did not re-enable their usage, I had to log out while well outside of the area (beyond the campfire you re-spawn at) before I could re-mount.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

Sharandar
    - Again, all boons should be +400 stat point.
    - HP boons should be 1200 (LESS than 4:1)
    - "Elven Ferocity" and "Elven Tranquility": These should damage and heal based on % of Weapon Damage. I would suggest around 50% weapon damage each.

- "Fey Thistle" Also a % of Current HP (2% seems fine)
    - "Elvish Fury": Should grant +400 Power after each kill and stack 10 times.

Other Considerations:

-Another option to use Formorian Concoction to reset dailies as well. This allows players to "grind" enough to reset dailies. Maybe 50 can be used for a daily rest.

Dread Ring
    - The "split" boons should be +200 each ("Keepers Strength" - should be +200 Power and +200 movement)
    - All others, +400 each
    - "Forbidden Piecing" : This is going to be VERY powerful at +400, I would suggest making this +200. I would also up "Illusion Shimmer" to be 5% (up from 3%). This makes it a good alternative to +200 armor pen.
    - "Enraged Growth" and "Showdowtouched": Again Both based on % of Weapon Damage. This should be around 50% As well.
    - ALL Final Tier feats need a re-do:
    - "Thayan Bastion": This needs to be increased to about 2k
    - "Madness": Stacks dropped to 30, Buff increased to +1200 Power, +800 Lifesteal and +800 Regen.
    - "Endless COnsumption": This should be a chance on hit to give you 3x the CHANCE to lifesteal. This would need a small ICD (Maybe 30 seconds).
    - Burning Guidance: This needs a serious re-work. I would suggest again % of Weapon Damage.

Other Considerations:

-Another option to use Onyx Fragments to reset dailies as well. This allows players to "grind" enough to reset dailies. Maybe 50 can be used for a daily rest.

IceWind Dale
    - Boons to +400.
    - "Sleet Skills":Crit Severity should be +3%
    - "Cool resolve": Gain up to +1200 Power based on missing Stamina
    - "Cold Shoulder": Damage mitigated should be upped to nearly 1000.
    - ALL capstones are Lack Luster. Revisit this bonuses please.

Other Considerations:
    Same as the above two: Zen fast-track and farmable item to reset Daily.

I would STRONGLY suggest a re-work of how the Blackice gear is granted. You should be able to buy ALL the black Ice Gear from the Vendor HOWEVER each piece also requires a new item "Heroic Seal". You can "mimic" Seal requirements from Drow Gear (i.e. The BlackIce Chest would cost around +12 Seals). These "Heroic Seals" Drop from each HE in IWD and DV from getting "Great Success".

BlackIce Gear needs to be "on par" with Drow Gear as far as stats because it does require ALOT of farming, module 3 completion and AD.

Tyranny of Dragons/Tiamat
    - Boons upped to +400 each.
    - "ArmorBreaker" - Because it is armor pen, this can be +200 ARP.

Other Considerations:
    - Please consider reducing the # of Linu's Favor DOWN to "20"/"40" Respectively. Currently "30" and "50" is crazy. ALSO please put Luni's Favor in the Zen store for 100 zen each.
    I disagree, the goal was to lower the power creep, and lessen the difference between a new player and a player with bis and everything completed. Buffing boons puts them farther away from the goal.

The boon value needs to stay as is to prevent power creep.
  • Options
    gothzilla138gothzilla138 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: ToD Campaign in Neverdeath

My level 28 paladin was dismounted and unable to use (level 15) healing potions or altars in the Charthraxis area.

Leaving the area did not re-enable their usage, I had to log out while well outside of the area (beyond the campfire you re-spawn at) before I could re-mount.

Same happened to me, and when I died due to no potions allowed I also couldn't use injury kits until I left and came back.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Boons should be updated accordingly to ayroux's suggestions, because if they stay as they are, I won't even bother doing campaigns, because those bonuses would be absolutely useless with new curves.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    gothzilla138gothzilla138 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I disagree, the goal was to lower the power creep, and lessen the difference between a new player and a player with bis and everything completed. Buffing boons puts them farther away from the goal.

Honestly I found, as a player who generally does not have have BiS gear boons were a way I could get a bit better, wasn't much but it helped. I'm all for halting the dreaded power creep, but if the boons have no real appreciable effect why bother with them? If the boons are to be made nearly useless then the campaigns should be altered reducing how long it takes to get them, or the boons should be altered.

Perhaps having the boons be large boosts against certain creature types specific to the campaign. The scrolls and potions vs dragons tells me this is possible. For example Sharandar boons give large bonuses vs Redcaps, then Trolls, then Cyclopses and then Fomorians, topped with a large bonus vs all Dark Fey. Maybe interspersed with boons that increase drops for Formorian Concoctions, feywild sparks, etc. That way those who like Sharandar, and want to do it will see real benefits for them without unbalancing them too much outside of Sharandar. Those who dislike Sharandar but love Dread Ring can ignore the former, or just run the Dailies occasionally for gear or whatever, and focus on the campaign they like, seeing real benefits for their trouble.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Honestly I found, as a player who generally does not have have BiS gear boons were a way I could get a bit better, wasn't much but it helped. I'm all for halting the dreaded power creep, but if the boons have no real appreciable effect why bother with them? If the boons are to be made nearly useless then the campaigns should be altered reducing how long it takes to get them, or the boons should be altered.

Perhaps having the boons be large boosts against certain creature types specific to the campaign. The scrolls and potions vs dragons tells me this is possible. For example Sharandar boons give large bonuses vs Redcaps, then Trolls, then Cyclopses and then Fomorians, topped with a large bonus vs all Dark Fey. Maybe interspersed with boons that increase drops for Formorian Concoctions, feywild sparks, etc. That way those who like Sharandar, and want to do it will see real benefits for them without unbalancing them too much outside of Sharandar. Those who dislike Sharandar but love Dread Ring can ignore the former, or just run the Dailies occasionally for gear or whatever, and focus on the campaign they like, seeing real benefits for their trouble.

Depends on your perspective, complete every single boon and you should get an extra 1%. An extra 1% should be a huge increase. For those that still want all the power possible, they'll still do boons.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

I think your missing the big picture. Boons are available to everyone through PLAY not PAY. The boons were MADE for casuals cause you can only do so much each day.

Boons should be a MINIMUM of 1% increase in each stat. This is ALREADY a massive nerf to boons. Currently +250 in most stats will give you MORE than 1% of a stat. Nerfing them further will make ALL that content a waste of time.

The other thing to think about is the larger % of a characters stats comes from boons and NOT enchants, it actually DOES level the playing field.

Lets just say for board terms, each character at lvl 70 will have 60,000 stat points (might be more but just roll with this number).

Well on the CURRENT system (say 5 campaigns @ +250 each boon) The BOON system only provides 5,000 Stats of your 60,000.

Your rank 10s or 12s provide (lets say 13 slots) 5,200 - 7800 of that power, the REST is gear.

So what is that % wise?

BOONS: 5,000/60,000 = 8.33%
    Enchants: (5,200 to 7800)/60,000 = 8.67% to 13%
    GEAR: ~80-83%

So MOST of the power of your character is going to come from gear. COOL and Boons and enchants are roughly EVEN as far as contribution to a character. Well what if each boon was 400 stats? It would increase the total stats as well.

NOW you have 8,000 potential stats from boons so our new total is 63,000

BOONS: 8,000/63,000 = 12.6%
    Enchants: 8.25% to 12.3%
    Gear: 75%-80%ish.

There are ALOT of generalizations here but the end point is the same. Boons DRASTICALLY help casual players MORE than BIS players.

It doesnt take BIS gear or BIS enchants to get boons, it just takes time.

Also the power creep is null since the new stat curve DRASTICALLY reduces the boons effectiveness.

Boons also allow for better character customization since its not tied to gear or enchant slots.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Depends on your perspective, complete every single boon and you should get an extra 1%. An extra 1% should be a huge increase. For those that still want all the power possible, they'll still do boons.

Which again, a 1% increase is NOTHING when in perspective to the BIS P2W Orange gear.YOur basically furthering the gap between BIS and Casual.

The MORE % of your characters effectiveness comes from things like Gear that drops and Boons, the more flat the playing field is.

When you make things like Boons trivial, it puts MORE of the characters power into the enchants/weapon enchants and Orange gear.

This is what I hope changes with the new module.

I hope they release Epic lvl 70 gear that is ON PAR with Orange gear, that the lvl 70 epics DROP allowing Casual players to get gear ON PAR with BIS characters.

I LOVE that Enchants will be much less % of a characters effectiveness with the new stat curves.

The only thing left is to adjust Boons to keep up. Boons should be a bigger impact on your character than enchants. Which, to your logic, the BIS players will still go for rank 12s anyways, but atleast Casuals and BIS characters alike get LESS of their stats from enchants BECAUSE they get more of their stats through gear that DROPS and Boons.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    I think your missing the big picture. Boons are available to everyone through PLAY not PAY. The boons were MADE for casuals cause you can only do so much each day.

Boons should be a MINIMUM of 1% increase in each stat. This is ALREADY a massive nerf to boons. Currently +250 in most stats will give you MORE than 1% of a stat. Nerfing them further will make ALL that content a waste of time.

The other thing to think about is the larger % of a characters stats comes from boons and NOT enchants, it actually DOES level the playing field.

Lets just say for board terms, each character at lvl 70 will have 60,000 stat points (might be more but just roll with this number).

Well on the CURRENT system (say 5 campaigns @ +250 each boon) The BOON system only provides 5,000 Stats of your 60,000.

Your rank 10s or 12s provide (lets say 13 slots) 5,200 - 7800 of that power, the REST is gear.

So what is that % wise?

BOONS: 5,000/60,000 = 8.33%
    Enchants: (5,200 to 7800)/60,000 = 8.67% to 13%
    GEAR: ~80-83%

So MOST of the power of your character is going to come from gear. COOL and Boons and enchants are roughly EVEN as far as contribution to a character. Well what if each boon was 400 stats? It would increase the total stats as well.

NOW you have 8,000 potential stats from boons so our new total is 63,000

BOONS: 8,000/63,000 = 12.6%
    Enchants: 8.25% to 12.3%
    Gear: 75%-80%ish.

There are ALOT of generalizations here but the end point is the same. Boons DRASTICALLY help casual players MORE than BIS players.

It doesnt take BIS gear or BIS enchants to get boons, it just takes time.

Also the power creep is null since the new stat curve DRASTICALLY reduces the boons effectiveness.

Boons also allow for better character customization since its not tied to gear or enchant slots.

However that is, in your example 3000 more points, which is something to be avoided. If you add 3k points in one spot, they absolutely should be removed from another.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As stated earlier. This would be a GREAT time for devs to look at the boons at the end of each campaign. They are very margin compared to both the first boons you get and the amount of time it takes to get them. Rampaging madness is a great example of what needs to be reworked
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So boons will only be useful for BiS power gamers?

Fantastic.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm having a hard time figuring out whether a lot of this feedback applies to the way I play or not. Could we perhaps start tagging our feedback, maybe with <PVP>, <PVE>, or <PvX>? It *appears* that all talk relating to "BiS", "haves vs have-nots", "casual vs. power-gamers", "whales", etc. applies only to PvP, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

<PvE>
    It appears to me that the only issue at hand is the degree that boons, R11's or R12's benefit me vs. critters. What other players do or have appears to be a non-issue.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ndainyendainye Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG

Upon entering the campaign area in Icespire my level 60 GF was auto leveled to 49 and knocked off my mount. While trying to solo the dragon I could not use my level 60 potions, and upon death my soulforge did not activate. While my dragon glyphs were activating and so were some of my boons my lathander's 3 piece bonus was not showing in the buff bar.

I zoned into the mithral mine where I was auto leveled to 70 and where I was quickly destroyed by black dragonwings. Again my soulforge did not activate and my three piece bonus for Lathanders did not work properly as I was injured. Could not use my level 60 injury kits or potions.

The drops I received from the trash mobs in the area all dropped items appropriate to my auto-level. Level 49 greens and level 45 potions.
  • Options
    br00tall0rdbr00tall0rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Do stats from boons count towards average item lvl?
  • Options
    ndainyendainye Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I re-visited Icespire following this weeks patch and the major bugs of the previous release seem to have been corrected. Level 60 potions are working in the scaled content and my lathanders buff is now showing and working properly. Drops umong the trash mobs in the area are appropriately scaled. I do however believe that the instances need to be looked at if they are still intended to be solo content. As a level 61 GF in level 60 epics (Full Draconic Templar - 18.5 GS on live), after several attempts I was still unable to make it past the first set of four black dragon claws in mithral mines when scaled to level 70. Conversely running through Phantasmal Fortress in Dread Ring (also scaled to level 70) and fighting similarly leveled mobs I had no issues completing the instance. In PF while I was unable to mow through mobs as quickly as I currently can on live it felt reminiscent of the instance when I was a new level 60 and slightly under-geared.
  • Options
    eiagraeiagra Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Personally, I think this would be a fine opportunity to re-examine Sharandar's progression scheme and revamp it. Specifically, the fact there is no way to "invoke your way through" the campaign's boon progression.

By this, I mean that the Day-6 chest you get from invokes (where you can pick either Sharandar or Dread Ring rewards) is, at present, ONLY useful for Dread Ring. There's still an item you need, but you can buy Onyx Fragments to trade in for them.

Sharandar has no such option. The campaign itself just feels like an awful, clumsy grind. Back when I had two characters, I suffered some serious burnout on Sharandar. I completed it. I HATED it, and I say that with the utmost venom and bile. But I completed it. I currently have eight characters; that's six more characters that need to grind through this for the sake of completion (read as: to stay at the same effective power level as my friends) and will be adding one more once this mod is released and I create a Paladin. My reflex is to throw my hands up, wait until this summer, and buy ESO. That's how much this kind of grind has turned me off.

And it's being suggested that I'll want to come back to this place from 60 to 70? Not in its current state!

However, that doesn't mean that there isn't hope for the campaign. There is one major obstacle that keeps this from being revamped: the Lesser Fey Enchantment. It basically requires the resources from one day of running all quests, and can be done once per week (sparks, blades, etc), maybe twice if you really push it (I'd have to do the math). The fact it requires the same resources that boon progression demands means the invoke chest is purposely made useless to prevent a flood of Lesser Fey Enchants in the market.

I can't find my maths on it, but I want to say that without additional resources from the invoke chest, it takes something like 60 days to complete Sharandar and get all the boons.

I get tired just thinking about it.

Anyway, these issues were basically eliminated with Dread Ring's campaign. Everything you got wrong for Sharandar, you got right for Dread Ring. Thus, my suggestion:

- Remove the Lesser Fey Enchant task, modify the task so it requires different resources, modify the task so it grants a Shard instead, or modify the Enchant so it isn't worth as much when crunched into an artifact or enchant.
    - Change the Zen Market completion item (if it does not complete boons) and the Day-6 Invoke chest to grant Seedlings, Charms, and Blades.

In short, reduce the grind required for Sharandar. It really is unbearable.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Every player can do the boons, I dont understand the concept that it furthers BiS, there ISNT anyone in the game that cant do it, Im in agreement, they should be closer to the 1% then less.

At current stat change, they will be the smallest benefit.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Scaling of Weapon damage when character level is 60 and being scaled to lv 70 is broken

If my lv 60 GWF enters the Well of Dragons his orange artifact weapon now deals 3152-3852, up from 1516-1853 unscaled.
    If my lv 61 GWF enters the Well of Dragons his orange artifact weapon now deals 1824-2230, up from 1516-1853 unscaled
    But
    If my lv 70 GWF enters the Well of Dragons his orange artifact weapon deals only 1516-1853 damage which is less then 50% of what my lv 60 character has.

This applies to all the "lv 70" campaign areas
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    every boon should be buffed up from 250 to 400 so we could still have some use of it
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    The idea is to NERF it guys, making space for more future boons, so i am sorry but i like the nerf.

Says everyone who doesn't want to play through the old campaigns? They should remain viable not only for those that already did them, but also for new toons. They are a major factor of keeping guys occupied.

Don't forget that there seems to be no new campaign in Mod 6, just the level cap raise. At least that's what we know now.
  • Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feedback

Gathered my smallest 60x character who had some good blue gear (~10k worth with boons and lower level artifacts) and took it to the adjusted zones, also tested with my ok gear. Zones currently no problem on live in this gear

Dread Ring: Fine, if not easier. Probably appropriate for a new 60 with the boost
    Shar: Not avaliable the day i tested (or I'm blind)
    Icewind: These mobs were always harder with the big hits and large HP bars. They but might have got boosed a bit much, even in ok gear they seem a bit over powered.
    Well: *Ouch* These suckers got a big boost and might need to be re-evaluated if this is a flat 60x zone. Boost seems very large, especially since I find the mobs easier than Icewind on live.

Actually abit afraid to see how the Tiamat mobs got scaled!
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now sure where we are supposed to put feedback on the reworked Dungeons, but this looks like as good a place as any

I recently attempted Epic Cragmire Crypts. Our group cut through the dungeon like a hot knife through butter. Everything went very smoothly as we had the DPS to massacre everything very quickly. The only problem is that people were noticing that they would just randomly die without even seeing where damage was coming from. Once we got to the boss, well, it went very badly. Traven Blackdagger is ridiculous. He was rampaging around 1-shotting everyone. No one could stay alive. Once a player drew his aggro they were toast. His attacks are absurdly overpowered. After several tries we just gave up. Looking through the ACT log it's easy to see what went wrong. Enemies, in general, do crazy amounts of damage. Here's the log of the worst hits I took:

2qd0mdt.jpg

There are at least a dozen 1-shot kills there including hits up to 235k. Even regular trash enemies like "officer" are plenty capable of 1-shotting just about everyone. Our poor GWF had it way worse than I did, though, since he had to try and stay in melee range. He was the victim of over 30 1-shot kills.

I want harder dungeons. I want them to be a challenge. I want them to require teamwork and coordination. I want it to feel like an accomplishment when you beat them. But this is ridiculous. Jacking up enemy damage output so that any old enemy can kill you with one hit is a very aggravating means of increasing difficulty. It's obnoxious because players have no defense against this.

Question

On live, enemies have damage, then my defense mitigates it. So they start out doing 100% damage, then as my defense increases that percentage goes down, to 90%, 80%, etc. I didn't see myself taking hits over 100% effectiveness much at all. But in the course of the dungeon the vast majority of the hits I took were well over 100% effectiveness. What is going on here? How are enemies debuffing me? And is my defense doing anything at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eiagra wrote: »
    Personally, I think this would be a fine opportunity to re-examine Sharandar's progression scheme and revamp it. Specifically, the fact there is no way to "invoke your way through" the campaign's boon progression.

By this, I mean that the Day-6 chest you get from invokes (where you can pick either Sharandar or Dread Ring rewards) is, at present, ONLY useful for Dread Ring. There's still an item you need, but you can buy Onyx Fragments to trade in for them.

Sharandar has no such option. The campaign itself just feels like an awful, clumsy grind. Back when I had two characters, I suffered some serious burnout on Sharandar. I completed it. I HATED it, and I say that with the utmost venom and bile. But I completed it. I currently have eight characters; that's six more characters that need to grind through this for the sake of completion (read as: to stay at the same effective power level as my friends) and will be adding one more once this mod is released and I create a Paladin. My reflex is to throw my hands up, wait until this summer, and buy ESO. That's how much this kind of grind has turned me off.

And it's being suggested that I'll want to come back to this place from 60 to 70? Not in its current state!

However, that doesn't mean that there isn't hope for the campaign. There is one major obstacle that keeps this from being revamped: the Lesser Fey Enchantment. It basically requires the resources from one day of running all quests, and can be done once per week (sparks, blades, etc), maybe twice if you really push it (I'd have to do the math). The fact it requires the same resources that boon progression demands means the invoke chest is purposely made useless to prevent a flood of Lesser Fey Enchants in the market.

I can't find my maths on it, but I want to say that without additional resources from the invoke chest, it takes something like 60 days to complete Sharandar and get all the boons.

I get tired just thinking about it.

Anyway, these issues were basically eliminated with Dread Ring's campaign. Everything you got wrong for Sharandar, you got right for Dread Ring. Thus, my suggestion:

- Remove the Lesser Fey Enchant task, modify the task so it requires different resources, modify the task so it grants a Shard instead, or modify the Enchant so it isn't worth as much when crunched into an artifact or enchant.
    - Change the Zen Market completion item (if it does not complete boons) and the Day-6 Invoke chest to grant Seedlings, Charms, and Blades.

In short, reduce the grind required for Sharandar. It really is unbearable.

I was thinking on this myself. Mostly because I don't have an interest in revisiting Sharadar with either my main (completed) or alts. What would make it worth it, is the have the daily quests also reward blue or higher level RP stone. Now this wouldn't be game breaking. We are limited to only a few dailies. Make the RP bound to Account or character if you need. This would make me more excited to go back to the zone. It really was a good looking area in my opinion
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Well of Dragons Draconic Alchemy quest

The enemies in the Drake Pens have widely varying difficulty. Some enemies die with one encounter used. Other enemies have over 800,000 HP. Here is the ACT log showing how much damage different enemies took before they died:

261maex.jpg

Some Guard Drakes have a ~80,000. Another one I ran into had ten times that. That one enemy was able to hammer me for 147,000 damage before he finally died. Some Ambush Drakes have 40,000-60,000 HP. Others have over 400,000.

I categorize this as a bug because the boss of this quest, the Master Assassin, had 280,000 HP and was only able to hit me for 4,000 damage before he died. Basically, there are groups of 5-10 enemies in the quest where each enemy is SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous than the boss of the quest. That just can't be right. Please look into what is causing this. If it goes live you will have lots of unhappy players who won't be able to complete quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    To add to abaddon's observations:

Go to the Well and fight any group that contains a Thayan Knight. They will die as quickly anything you would find in any other zone. Fighting a group that doesn't contain a knight takes much, much longer. The vast difference in the amount of health between two mobs in the same zone cannot be intended.
  • Options
    escatonescaton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Well of Dragons Draconic Alchemy quest

The enemies in the Drake Pens have widely varying difficulty. Some enemies die with one encounter used. Other enemies have over 800,000 HP.

It isn't just the drake pens that is like this, ALL level 70 areas have this bug. Most monsters scale properly, but some random groups are insanely overpowered with about 10 times the normal HP and damage.

This discussion has been closed.