test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Campaign Rework

13»

Comments

• nedruodnedruod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited March 2015
    Tiamat's "raid making" system is a roulette wheel. I like playing games where skill counts, and if not that, at least prior achievements. Relying on luck is just infuriating. That's not a fun game IMHO. I'm sure there are people who disagree (otherwise Las Vegas wouldn't be successful), but that's not what this game started at, and I may quit if it continues down that path. Lockboxes and such are fine because they aren't on the "critical path". Tiamat is.

Fixing Tiamat isn't that hard. Let people enter as groups. Require every group to have an average GS of 16k (or "Item Level" equivalent). If you are worried that instances will end up with odd numbers.. like 22-25 because of groups, then for entries with less than 1 minute to go, shred the group if necessary (keep the collective GS requirement though).

If some 20k wants to bring one 10k friend.. no problem. If two 16k want to come together, no problem. If 5 20k's want to come together, no problem. But when everyone logs on their 10k alt and just shuffles in alone, this eliminating any chance I'll have a reasonable number of useful raid mates, well, that sucks and it should stop.

Another suggestion is that just take the artifacts out of the double RP weekend and double their return (so that they give 80% all the time, double RP or not). Suggesting that someone should get a new artifact.. then just let it sit in inventory waiting for double RP is a bad game experience.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback: Sorry, but you just took the fun out of the game - at least for me. Content got way too difficult.

My level 70 TR with an item level of almost 2700 (whatever that may be worth) takes way too long to kill mobs in Icewind Dale. That is not fun. His only means of survival are drinking potions, which was nerfed. Lifesteal is useless. Regeneration is useless. That's not fun.

Sorry, but I don't want to spend 2-4 times as long as on live to fight mobs. They are just mobs. Not bosses. I don't want to have to fight for my life against every single mob. That is not fun.

I do not want content to take twice as long as on live. Repeating content is boring enough. Do not make it even more boring.

Sure, make group content harder. Make bosses harder. But do make mobs harder. Do not make single player content much harder.

I cannot imagine how difficult that content will be for a fresh level 60 player. If people get constantly frustrated they will eventually leave.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just did all of the sharandar missions with a 44% xp buff and still havent gotten to half the bar to 61!
    it is just absurd the amount of xp needed to level up past 60!
    Please for the love of God or you increase the gain on all quests past 60 or decrease the xp need!
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why have the campaign shortcut chests been removed from the celestial coin shop? I really hope that you aren't considering adding them to the zen store or something stupid like that.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lionmaruu0 wrote: »
    I just did all of the sharandar missions with a 44% xp buff and still havent gotten to half the bar to 61!
    it is just absurd the amount of xp needed to level up past 60!
    Please for the love of God or you increase the gain on all quests past 60 or decrease the xp need!

Uh...you can't access Sharandar on the Preview server. Did you mean another zone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"we need better xp rewards in campaigns zones [/COLOR]
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug
    Currently in WoD it seems like all the instances are limited to 1 person per instance.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • pudding66pudding66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ontheriver wrote: »
    Greetings Adventurers!
    Boon and Gear Score requirements have been removed.

Can someone confirm for me if I got that right ?

So... just need to get to lvl 60 and I can go to Icewind Dale and im allowed to grab the Class artifact ?

Im asking this because I plan to lvl up 2 characters for their artifacts and doing no campaign to get it would be amazing.

Thx!
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pudding66 wrote: »
    Can someone confirm for me if I got that right ?

So... just need to get to lvl 60 and I can go to Icewind Dale and im allowed to grab the Class artifact ?

Im asking this because I plan to lvl up 2 characters for their artifacts and doing no campaign to get it would be amazing.

Thx!

While I think you can go to those areas they are incredibly difficult now if you're not properly geared.
  • pudding66pudding66 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    While I think you can go to those areas they are incredibly difficult now if you're not properly geared.

What I really want to know is:

Lets say I have my main character. I want the DC and GWF aritact for my main. Lets say I have both dc and gwf at 60. The question is:
    Do I still need to get 3rd boon to be able to do the quest to get the class artifact or its not restricted anymore ? I think it will work that way because they said " Boon and Gear Score requirements have been removed. " but my english is not perfect maybe I got the idea wrong.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pudding66 wrote: »
    What I really want to know is:

Lets say I have my main character. I want the DC and GWF aritact for my main. Lets say I have both dc and gwf at 60. The question is:
    Do I still need to get 3rd boon to be able to do the quest to get the class artifact or its not restricted anymore ? I think it will work that way because they said " Boon and Gear Score requirements have been removed. " but my english is not perfect maybe I got the idea wrong.

+1 to this need clarification
    i got the same question
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What I remember from testing IWD on preview...there was a potion you could buy in IWD that was tradable that would allow anyone to port into IWD no boons etc...Once the quest became active you could get the quest without the IWD entry requirements. Those potions were only for use during preview. My memory may be failing me the only place a GS check was made was in trying to zone into IWD from the starter quest you had to do. It has been a long while since I did those quests on live.

I am not saying this is how it will be...just that it was possible on preview during that mod testing. I know it does not help anyone but maybe give you a bit of hope.

The way it was made out was you needed 3 boons and 10k GS to enter IWD. That requirement is being removed. I might check this out tomorrow on preview if I can and report my findings back.

Or better if someone who does not have access to IWD copy over to preview and test. Simple as that. That would be a lot easier then me.

Even more info here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/5002793-module-3-preview%3A-new-artifacts

the relevant portion:

In order to accept this quest players must have two level 60 characters who have been to Caer-Konig. Once there, speak to Jarlaxle in Caer Konig to begin the journey. Completing the dangerous quest will reward you with brand new artifacts that will be specific to each class. Furthermore, once you have completed the quest with one class that specific artifact will be available to every character on your account via the Rewards Claims agent (It will not be restricted by class).

What this means is that if you complete the artifact quest with a Guardian Fighter, that specific artifact will be available to every character on your account so long as they are level 5. To unlock other artifacts from other classes, you will need to complete the quest with that class; however upon doing so, more artifacts will become available.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Terror Enchantment

On Thursday, March 19, the first maintenance day after the launch of Module 6 one of the first things you will have to fix will be the Pure Terror Enchantment.

Here's what happens when a CW casts an AoE attack on a mob of enemies:

2rffx9t.jpg

Ta-Da!!! Instant 450,000 damage!

You can fix it before the launch, or you can fix it immediately after. But you will have to fix this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zp4jfc&s=8#.VQDtVvmsUis

​​bug enraged regrowth give 250 defence after the heal effect instead 4000 defence.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Draconic Heralds
    Glycamerax has not been updated and is way weaker than his brothers.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Mobs receiving random buff?
    This is a long-standing one that needs reposting because IWD will get additional attention in Mod 6. Pretty much since ever some mobs in Icewind Pass seem stronger than intended and a few in Dwarven Valley are also affected.
    I ran some tests today using the Raider, that in its normal level 73 version has about 110k health and swings for 15k base damage. In Minor HEs like the Barbarian Marauders the Raider gets buffed to 350k HP and in Major HEs like Caravan Attack to 1.1M HP and 20-25k base damage.

Some mobs inside a Heroic Encounter get a weird second buff though that's so inconsistent that you have to think it's a bug. In that case, Raiders in a Minor HE get buffed to 550k HP and 30-36k base damage, Raiders inside a Major HE to 1.3M and 40-45k damage. First I thought that the Bear Rider could be handing out an additional buff (Icon: ScVqpnY.png), but not every first wave of the Barbarian Marauders is affected by this. Additionally, even Raiders outside HEs are buffed with no Bear Riders anywhere near them and feature 325k HP. The symptoms are always the same: In case of the Raiders they get +200k HP (might vary on other enemy types) and in Heroic Encounters also double their damage.

This seems to happen all over the place in Icewind Pass and also in second waves of Major Encounters in Dwarven Valley. This leads to the assumption that the buff is actually working as intended in Dwarven Valley and should indeed reinforce the second waves of all or some HEs, but somehow randomly affects first waves of HEs and even normal mobs in Icewind Pass as well.
    edited March 2015
    Possible Bug

The Arcane Reservoir weekly quest in Sharandar now has what seems to be a total of 15k RP attached to it as a reward. However, the RP is Bind on Pickup.

It makes more sense if this RP was made to be Bind to Account on Pickup so that the RP could be put to better use then wasting away on an alt I never intend to use.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback

Shadow Wolf Headdress gained in Grey Wolf from the first boss doesn't equip to OPs but does go on GF and GWF, given the other synergies between GF and OP this would seem to be one that should align.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Feedback

So I got my 2nd Paladin to 60 and took it for a stroll through the Blighted Grove in Sharandar. With a Paladin this felt challenging without being too difficult, but I wouldn't want to be trying the zone with a squishy class that lacks control. With 50% or more DR I was taking hits for 5K or more from red caps, which is ok when you have 60K hp, but at 1/2 to 2/3rds that amount it is going to be a problem especially with a DR of 30% or less.

Also the intro quest is not indicative of the difficulty of the Blighted Grove.

Finally the "you made it" armour reward is now woefully out of date, given that the level 60 Elemental Evil quest is giving out green items that make it look pathetic.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug :
    Skill nodes in the Ice Wind Dales, Dread Ring and Sharandar campaign zones haven't been updated and are still level 60.

The mini dungeons ones I tried were lvl 70.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug :
    In Icewind Dale, The bounty Master's Icewind Dale Treasure Cache has multiple problems :
    - When trying to open, it sometimes gives the error message " You already have all the items in this package".
    - When finally opening it, I get only junk result : level 59 unidentified green objects.

(with a level 70 GF)
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
    edited March 2015
    Valindra's Tower and Malabog's Castle both have special chests at the end now that require special keys to open.
    Right now the Legendary Dragon key that is purchased from the zen store does not open these chests. It would be nice though if they did, seeing as how the special chest in Tiamat and Lair of Lostmauth and Shores of Tuern can be opened with this key it makes sense to make that key open all the special chests in the game
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Campaign Experience

Campaign quests are now giving far less XP than they should for level 70 quests.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • agrikaanusagrikaanus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Generally, MOD 6 feedback. In regard to new invocation system and rewards, changes to professions (leadership), new zones, potions changes and endgame moved to lvl70. All these changes, and more, has led to more grinding. Much more grinding. Which, if looking at some other game developers, they've realized is boring and try to move away from. Neverwinter seem to be going the other (wrong) direction.

I understand why most of these changes were made, even though I might not like then. But right now, the thought of grinding all my previously very well equipped characters with good stats (one of each class) through the new (harder) areas just to get back to ID, SH and DR and dungeons and lairs, almost makes we want to quit. At least I'll probably take a longer break. Let's see what Mod 7 will bring eh?

Not to mention the new headache inducing graphical stuttering features.
This discussion has been closed.