What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

drops from Dragon Hoard

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    allenscott wrote: »
    A somewhat related observation: The Salvager's enchant seems generally unpopular, but my character that has 2 R5 equipped gets a reasonable drop rate of blue and purple bags. The items inside are quite often teir3 profession materials, buff potions and Major Injury Kits. It's no Dragon Hoard enchant but I find those items useful.

If you're doing Leadership, the boxes spit out more profession materials than you can ever realistically use, and the daily rewards from Gateway's Sword Coast Adventure keep adding to my piles of potions and kits (and more profession stuff). Buff potion drops in Icewind Dale were also crazy for a while, though I think this has scaled back since you pretty much used to get a potion every time you now get a green loot drop.

So whether they're good enchants for a person or not is dependent on what else they've been doing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Do fey blessing and dragon's hoard enchantments have separate CD?

Also figured out, thanks to my doohikey, those dragon hoard enchantments have 30 seconds CD, not 20 as somebody previously claimed. Doing a lot of foundry farming in between the queues :P
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thrufu wrote: »
    When I mean constant I mean in the same period of time.
    I presume everybody knows that they have around 30sec cooldown so, if you kill too fast, most of those kills are wasted.

I didn't know that.
    Why wouldn't they mention this 'tiny' peculiarity in the enchantment description?
    vasdamas wrote: »

Been running with 3 lesser Feys all the time before (for about 10 months) and my yesterdays feeling after I inserted 3 Hoards was just - say it mildly - disappointment. May be I AM wrong but I get a way more driops from Feys that I got from Hoards...
  • erlerinerlerin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for posting this chart, I've been making one myself with similar results. (with daily ratio of 35-40% peridots compared to other drops)
    vasdamas wrote: »

Yes, they have separate CD of 30 sec.

I've seen people saying that drops were nerfed and I've been using dragon hoards only in last 2 weeks, so I want to ask if Resonance Stone (the blue kind) were also drop from dragon hoard's in the beginning and they were removed? I've never seen any of them drop and I've seen lots of 99x stacks in AH so I wonder where they come from if not from dragon hoards.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    erlerin wrote: »
    Thank you for posting this chart, I've been making one myself with similar results. (with daily ratio of 35-40% peridots compared to other drops)

Yes, they have separate CD of 30 sec.

I've seen people saying that drops were nerfed and I've been using dragon hoards only in last 2 weeks, so I want to ask if Resonance Stone (the blue kind) were also drop from dragon hoard's in the beginning and they were removed? I've never seen any of them drop and I've seen lots of 99x stacks in AH so I wonder where they come from if not from dragon hoards.

I have never gotten a blue res stone and I have farmed for weeks with my dragon's hoards.

To the people in this thread trying to get Dragon's hoard nerfed...STAHP!!!
    They added the enchantment because there was no way that there would be enough RP in game to refine all the new belts/weapons without it.

Stop saying the should nerf so pearls drop more.
    Stop saying they should nerf opal and sapphire drop rates.
    Stop asking for nerfs when the devs actually improved the game by adding a way to cheaply refine equipment.

Oh and btw it is not OP.
    I ground a foundry for an hour and got two levels on my blue arty weapon.
    That is with a drop every 40 secs or so.
    If you have to grind a foundry for an hr to get your blue weapon from level 20-22 then it SHOULD NOT BE NERFED!!!!
    "Oh no the prices are falling and i can't make as much of AH as I used to." GOOD, that is a good thing for all players.

I will never get people who want drops to be lowered in game...
    ...maybe those are casuals that will never upgrade an arti weapon/belt and only care that their daily peridot/Mark or w/e is still worth a few k AD?

You can't punish players because bots are farming enchants.
    All you will do is make it harder for actual players to grind any RP, and easier for bots to make a profit as they will still bot RP, but will make more money as it will be more rare.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't punish players because bots are farming enchants.
    All you will do is make it harder for actual players to grind any RP, and easier for bots to make a profit as they will still bot RP, but will make more money as it will be more rare.

This ^

Stop asking for nerfs that affect legitimate players. START asking for botters to be removed/extremely limited. I have a greater dragon hoard enchant and I like it. It drops peridots, pearls, lesser resonance stones (sometimes a blue one) and my artifact weapon that I worked hard to craft is in the middle blue levels.

Of all the things that need serious attention in this game, dragon hoard and fey enchants are at the bottom of the list to me.
    I aim to misbehave
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    All they have to do is reduce or remove foundry drops for this enchantment. I assume a lot of the bots work that way so that they can guarantee finding a mob on cool-down. Yes I know this will be another indirect nerf for Foundry players, but the alternative is even worse for everyone.

So, they will move to any other level 60 instance that has a lot of weak mobs... SAY, oh idk, the war makers camp. This owuld not only be a nerf to foundry player it would be a nerf to EVERY PLAYER THAT IS USING THESE CHANT ANHYWHERE IN THE GAME.

I really do not get what is so hard to understand about not punishing REAL playesr for the actions of bots. Bots do not care how long something takes to get. The people who run them will just run another bot or 5 and make up for any nerf without even really noticing.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    do those enchants have an ICD after proc?
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    do those enchants have an ICD after proc?

roughly 30 seconds, and yes, leave these enchants alone and focus on fixing things that actually matter...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Did my own experiment after seeing this thread.

Farmed for 1 hour non-stop in a grind-type foundry which spawned waves after waves of monsters for my killing.

Here's my results in the spirit of sharing:

Character: 15k CW with 4 utility slots in my gears
    Dragon's Hoard: 8% chance

Black Opal - 0
    Flawless Sapphire - 1
    Aquamarine - 2
    Lesser Resonance Stone - 4
    Minor Resonance Stone - 11
    Peridot - 27
    White Pearl - 12

Total RP gained for that 1 hour - 38,200 (if I punched my calculator correctly)

This is hardly representative give the small sample size and only 1 hour worth of testing, but hope it help shed some light on this topic.

Cheers!
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Farmed for 1 hour non-stop in a grind-type foundry which spawned waves after waves of monsters for my killing.

Black Opal - 0
    Flawless Sapphire - 1
    Aquamarine - 2
    Peridot - 27
    White Pearl - 12

This is hardly representative give the small sample size and only 1 hour worth of testing, but hope it help shed some light on this topic.

Cheers!

So ~ 30-35K AD equivalent or considerably less than you would get on average doing high level dungeon/skirmish runs with a similarly geared party. Nice to have during downtime while waiting for parties to form though.
  • thrufuthrufu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If the internal cool down is 30sec, you could, in theory get 120 drops in 1 hour.
    In those foundry farms, you can kill a huge amount of mobs in the next 10 sec, so, its very likely to get one drop.

For that fact you get a drop in 40 sec time, so, around 90 drops for an hour labor.
    Only the quality of the drops is something we cant control.

I think if you get a 6% chance, is more than enough for farming.
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    So ~ 30-35K AD equivalent or considerably less than you would get on average doing high level dungeon/skirmish runs with a similarly geared party. Nice to have during downtime while waiting for parties to form though.

Yup it's a good time-filler and the occasional Flawless Sapphire or Black Opal never fail to perk me up a lil and 'make my day' ;)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think it's actually great that they delivered something to help our requirement for rp which was otherwise pretty low unless you depended on bots for your supply.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Black Opal - 0
    Flawless Sapphire - 1
    Aquamarine - 2
    Peridot - 27
    White Pearl - 12

Cheers!

i did an hour long test and got some 68k RP with 0 sapphires/opals and i have 2 lesser dragon hoard enchants

doing quests you wont get many stones, you need to kill a ton of mobs to fully use them, though dropping lessers in utility slots do pay quite fast

also i would suggest using 2 hoard and 1 fey(i need to test them, it seems like theres 15% less chance to get radiant than others, will need to get bigger sample size, usually at the time i have 50+ of others i have some 4x radiants) when farming foundry, they dont share ICD and i usually end farming with some 50k pts in rank4's(at 2x rate in same type or artifacts)

i think the dragon hoard works as intended in foundry since no way ppl could gather 20+ mil pts for artifacts and god knows how many for runestones and enchants
    Paladin Master Race
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    i did an hour long test and got some 68k RP with 0 sapphires/opals and i have 2 lesser dragon hoard enchants

doing quests you wont get many stones, you need to kill a ton of mobs to fully use them, though dropping lessers in utility slots do pay quite fast

also i would suggest using 2 hoard and 1 fey(i need to test them, it seems like theres 15% less chance to get radiant than others, will need to get bigger sample size, usually at the time i have 50+ of others i have some 4x radiants) when farming foundry, they dont share ICD and i usually end farming with some 50k pts in rank4's(at 2x rate in same type or artifacts)

i think the dragon hoard works as intended in foundry since no way ppl could gather 20+ mil pts for artifacts and god knows how many for runestones and enchants

I did a small sample size of fey drops, only counting the enchants that dropped at my feet and after around 80 drops I found that the fey drops are fairly even, but it seems like you get less radiants from regular drops off mobs, so that may seem to show that radiants drop less.
    As I said small sample size, but if anyone else has done a large amount of fey drops (counting only the ones that drop at your feet) I would be interested to see the results.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We do not need threads like this.

Between some people asking for nerfs and other people posting improbably high drop rates after spamming non-stop for 8 hours, I really do not want to see my drops get any worse during my normal play.

:(
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    We do not need threads like this.

Between some people asking for nerfs and other people posting improbably high drop rates after spamming non-stop for 8 hours, I really do not want to see my drops get any worse during my normal play.:(

Not to mention with Dragon Hoard Enchants, Dragon Hoard Coins and Dragon Hoard Bags, the wrong thing might get modified.
    edited October 2014
    Sorry to raise this issue again but can someone confirm that the ICD for Hoards and Feys are different?
    To be specific - I don't mean the situation when they drop at the same time but say that it is stable that you can get a drop from a Hoard within 30 sec CD after you had a drop from a Fey?
  • thenakedbananathenakedbanana Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2014
    did some farming(Audio books FTW) with Lesser Dragon Hoard, heres how drop rate looks like

total drops 2097, total RP 1 904 700(unless i fd up my excel table)

heres the results

Gem
    Drops
    Chance to drop
    Total RP
    % of total RP

White Pearl
    19.41%
    2.14%

Peridot
    45.45%
    25.02%

Aquamarine
    6.44%
    10.63%

Flawless Sapphire
    2.81%
    15.49%

Black Opal
    1.1%
    12.08%

Minor Resonance Stone
    15.26%
    8.4%

Lesser Resonance Stone
    9.54%
    26.25%

now if i only got 2x RP i would have my legendary weapon at last

You did not note two important factors, the time it took to achieve and what dragon hoard enchantment total % you were working with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication
    or other information which may be considered objectionable.
    A Tool used by those with power to stay in power.
    I object to your objection
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Sorry to raise this issue again but can someone confirm that the ICD for Hoards and Feys are different?
    To be specific - I don't mean the situation when they drop at the same time but say that it is stable that you can get a drop from a Hoard within 30 sec CD after you had a drop from a Fey?

No idea, as I do not have any Fey.

But I have a Rank 9 Dragonhorde, a Rank 6 Tymora and a Rank 5 Salvage in Helm, Bracers and Boots, and after killing a large mob I do sometimes get a Purple Bag of Salvage, a Hidden Pouch and a White Pearl. Sometimes I get nothing for ages.

So it looks like those three enchants can all drop within the same couple of minutes.

~
    edited October 2014
    You did not note two important factors, the time it took to achieve and what dragon hoard enchantment total % you were working with.

Actually he did.. But not in the OP.
    The time was altogether 10 days and the total % of the Hoards - 2%
    No idea, as I do not have any Fey.
    But I have a Rank 9 Dragonhorde, a Rank 6 Tymora and a Rank 5 Salvage in Helm, Bracers and Boots, and after killing a large mob I do sometimes get a Purple Bag of Salvage, a Hidden Pouch and a White Pearl. Sometimes I get nothing for ages.
    So it looks like those three enchants can all drop within the same couple of minutes.
    ~

Thanks for the response but that wasn't what I asked. I do not question the possibility of the simultaneous drop from different enchantments. The point is whether their CD are really separate.
    I mean you can get a drop from a Hoard but will it be possible to get a drop from another enchantment WITHIN the Hoard CD that has already started.

It means that if I have 5 utility slots and my primary goal is refinement stones drops, I think that with 3 greater Hoards 9% drop chance is quite enough. I could use 2 greater Feys as an additional bonus. But ONLY as an addition - I do not want their drops overlap with the potential ones from the Hoards. That's just it.
    edited October 2014
    Dragon and fey dont share cd's, they both drop and then go on cd

Time doesnt really matter you can get one in 30 sec, the rest depends on if u can kill enough mobs, i did some /hour tests and got ~80k/hour @2%, but the chance doesnt matter if u kill enough, that is why i had 2 dragon and 1 fey to maximize drops

If you have average value of a drop(~890)you can multiply it by 30sec/drop(in reality its a bit more than 30 sec) and know ~how much ull make
    Paladin Master Race
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can get drops simultaneously or you can get them slightly staggered, one and then another. If you're not using highly upgraded enchants on all your slots, then it's not like you're going to get a drop exactly every 30 seconds by timing kills anyway. It's still just a chance.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    Dragon and fey dont share cd's, they both drop and then go on cd

Time doesnt really matter you can get one in 30 sec, the rest depends on if u can kill enough mobs, i did some /hour tests and got ~80k/hour @2%, but the chance doesnt matter if u kill enough, that is why i had 2 dragon and 1 fey to maximize drops

If you have average value of a drop(~890)you can multiply it by 30sec/drop(in reality its a bit more than 30 sec) and know ~how much ull make

Perfectly true.
    Tested myself and can confirm it. Neither of the CDs (Hoard vs Fey) overlap with each other. So, I believe in case of a heavily farm 5 utility slot build the 3 Greater Hoards and 2 Greater Feys are the best variant.
    Thanks everyone who took care to drop in and response.
    edited October 2014
    You can get drops simultaneously or you can get them slightly staggered, one and then another. If you're not using highly upgraded enchants on all your slots, then it's not like you're going to get a drop exactly every 30 seconds by timing kills anyway. It's still just a chance.

if you kill enough stuff then u will get it, there is a reason for farm foundries
    i dont know if same mob can drop both, but they can drop at same time
    Paladin Master Race
  • necromancer59necromancer59 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have a question, I was wondering do you have to use the Dragon Hoard Enchantment to get Lesser Resonance Stones or will the Salvager's Enchantment work as well? I've gotten White Pearls, Peridot and Aquamarine with the Salvage's Enchantment, however, they are few are far between! I have a level 60 SW with all 3 and an artifact Belt refined to Legendary. The resonance stones work great until you get to around rank 75-78.

If I need the Dragon Hoard enchantments, I have several set aside; I'll swap out the Salvager's Enchantments with the Dragon Hoard Enchantments and give it a go!

Thanks for taking the time to put the table up with the ranking of the different gems/enchantments!!! :)
  • t8xt8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's kinda funny that a guy named necromancer necro bumped this thread. :D
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Closing this down as it's been raised from the dead. Back to bed, Vilithrax.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.