test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR vs SW

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vadi88g wrote: »
    im one of the best pvp players on server but ok.
    yes come icewind #1 when server up.

You might be the president, but if your opinion is wrong - it's wrong. No amount of defense, skill and number of allies will help you to survive one hit LB/SE. You're just one more forum hero to ignore.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    at least now you lost the rest of ur credit be telling us u are one of the best...
    anytime i read this from a TR (i assume u play this class) i get the intention to lough or to weep out of pity
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Give me your character name, I assume it is "character name"@vadi88g

So I can gank you from stealth. It is what TR's do.

I am NOT one of the most skilled players in the game lol.
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    You might be the president, but if your opinion is wrong - it's wrong. No amount of defense, skill and number of allies will help you to survive one hit LB/SE. You're just one more forum hero to ignore.
    Give me your character name, I assume it is "character name"@vadi88g

So I can gank you from stealth. It is what TR's do.

I am NOT one of the most skilled players in the game lol.

He's not the president, and he's no where near the best, so no worries.

We, who were present at IWD in mod5 preview shard all remember vividly just how 'one of the best pvp players on server' he was. Oh yes. We remember him very well, lol.

He's basically somewhere between 'higher than normal grade of PuG player' to 'lower than mid level premade'. In real PvP, his tactic would basically be translated as "I don't give a darn what happens to my team, just attack someone and get kills if possible, if not, run away about 1km away from the scene, and then go back and do the same when everything is recharged". So he's pretty much inconsequential to the game. Typical clueless TR gameplay, so don't give him too much credit, lol.
  • vadi88gvadi88g Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2015
    i do almost only pvp and also kill tr with max gs.
    ok come icewind #1 later
    edited February 2015
    A small hint to the OP - if you're got hit by LB/SE and survived with some HP left, slip away as far as you can, Shadow of Demise will tick for zero damage.
    edited February 2015
    yes you need to know how to conter certain attacks. and how to use the area where you fight. most pve players dont know how to use the area and how to move in pvp. and think gs is all. (yes if gs difference is more then 5k the most have no chance)

ps. lashing blade is a bad abilty in endgame easy to avoid and has the longest cooldown. the most "glascanon " :low hp low gs tr use it with "first strike" to get max dmg 1 time on firsthit in 1vs1
    edited February 2015
    open pvp is really the last place on earth to measure with Tr´s, i saw some of them running arround like bunnys on LSD, 1 mile to the left one to the right
    if u think this is skill by using the area in stealth u get a double lol from me lolololol, the third is also for free
    edited February 2015
    i do almost only pvp and also kill tr with max gs.
    ok come icewind #1 later

vadi, every TR who were present at the preview server remembers just what kind of annoying person you were. Every little detail including all of your back-stabbing attacks on people who didn't want to fight, to running away miles and miles away from duels and then claiming that's a 'tactic', downright copying other people's builds and claiming it as your own, etc, etc..

You've already left most of us that have met you with a bad taste in the mouth and a very disappointing impression that we don't really want to play with your types any more. I'm not even close to any of the really good TRs in the game, and you've spent the most time in IWD running away from me the whole bit after you've infuriated others with your disrespect to common courtesy.

Nobody who knows you respects your word, because you've never shown any qualities for us to respect. Heck, even some of the forum trolls have shown more respectable attitude when they were met in person in the game. No, vadi. None of us needs to go to IWD-1, because we already know what you are... and judging by your trolling in threads like this, you still are, sir.
    edited February 2015
    He's not the president, and he's no where near the best, so no worries.

We, who were present at IWD in mod5 preview shard all remember vividly just how 'one of the best pvp players on server' he was. Oh yes. We remember him very well, lol.

He's basically somewhere between 'higher than normal grade of PuG player' to 'lower than mid level premade'. In real PvP, his tactic would basically be translated as "I don't give a darn what happens to my team, just attack someone and get kills if possible, if not, run away about 1km away from the scene, and then go back and do the same when everything is recharged". So he's pretty much inconsequential to the game. Typical clueless TR gameplay, so don't give him too much credit, lol.

Players like that are the very definition of nub tr needing a beginners class. The game is domination and a lot of new players don't realize it is about holding/taking nodes rather than outright combat. Trolling a nub tr into chasing me all over the map while my team caps is as effective as killing him over and over again.
    edited February 2015
    open pvp is really the last place on earth to measure with Tr´s, i saw some of them running arround like bunnys on LSD, 1 mile to the left one to the right
    if u think this is skill by using the area in stealth u get a double lol from me lolololol, the third is also for free

Believe me, that's exactly what he does. Make a bad move, become visible, and then what? Run. Run straight in a line to god knows where until stealth is recharged and the AP meter or Sig of the Divine is ready, then daily, and then do something stupid and then run again.

As if us real TRs don't know how to do that, lol. In reality all of us TRs have a job to do in Domination, and its by that job and duty we are given such powerful tools. Anyone who simply leaves the node area is simply worthless as a TR in game. Conversely, the same also applies if you're not a backcapper but rather a combat TR, in which case he also needs to stick at mid node and help all his teammates survive by constantly harassing DCs and CWs, despite the great risk and dangers of such big, chaotic fights.

He qualifies as neither of the case. He's simply a GS-upgraded version of a poor PuG TR that runs around in random directions for personal kills and interests, and doesn't really give a darn about what needs to be done as a TR. And he even got a "Domination Champion" title for doing that the entire time. My sympathies to any player who was teamed up with him. Good grief.
    edited February 2015
    thats what it is in short terms --> nub for ever <---
    edited February 2015
    please close this thread please
    edited February 2015
    @mirrorballs
    thats not true i dont disrespect. pvp is competition. like "AB vs TT". :)

its simple.if you dont want be attacked dont flag for pvp until you get support.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh common tell me it's not a 1vs1 game when a rogue holds a node and the team is occupied on 2 in DCs Astral shield - Gift of fait fight.
    Why are we supposed to play a sacraficial lamb and give away our deaths like if that was a tribute to that one just because one plays a TR? *fuffs*
    edited February 2015
    you are too serious ppl :D
    because server off
  • letsrollsomeletsrollsome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As this thread proofs:

TR - PvP Beginners Mode
    SW - PvP Hardcore Mode
    edited February 2015
    i have one wish for mod 6:
    please add a "Ignore-Button" in the forum for making shure to avoid this hand full off TR´s in this forum, who just can´t accept the problems their class causes to this game, i can name them, its a small number who live in some kind of dreamland
    edited February 2015
    this warlock pvp crying spam thread here?
  • eriniasenilioneriniasenilion Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Jajaja.

It´s funny. And ridiculous. "Estoy comiendo palomitas".

Don't feed the troll.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vedran541 wrote: »
    He is not. But thanks anyway for thinking all EoAers are exactly the same.

Birds of a feather, flock together.

When you run with the non-legit guilds you are seen as a non-legit player ;)
    edited February 2015
    As this thread proofs:

TR - PvP Beginners Mode
    SW - PvP Hardcore Mode

Exactly right. I have both at level 60 and won't say "I played tr but because it was so easy I switched classes"....I still play my TR, I still enjoy a relaxed easy game of pvp. When I want a challenge (usually) I am on my sw. Less survival tools means you have to be more creative and on the ball and sometimes that is really fun. When I first switched to sw straight from tr, my finger kept wanting to hit tab and go into stealth when the going got rough. SW is the opposite, no stealth and run away but more attack for lifesteal and to build up sparks, as soulbinder.
    edited February 2015
    Exactly right. I have both at level 60 and won't say "I played tr but because it was so easy I switched classes"....I still play my TR, I still enjoy a relaxed easy game of pvp. When I want a challenge (usually) I am on my sw. Less survival tools means you have to be more creative and on the ball and sometimes that is really fun. When I first switched to sw straight from tr, my finger kept wanting to hit tab and go into stealth when the going got rough. SW is the opposite, no stealth and run away but more attack for lifesteal and to build up sparks, as soulbinder.

There's also another aspect that needs to be properly acknowledged in many cases, which is that non-TR classes, like it or not, need a certain amount of team mechanics for mutual survival -- as I've been constantly reminded as I've took my old CW from the shelf, blew the dust off to give it another try... and being a TR, it's proving to be an interesting perspective.

Frankly, I don't get much trouble from the TRs. Maybe its because I'm a TR myself so I usually know the timing and approach when the TR goes *poof* and disappears before my eyes. No BS, it's really like that. The enters stealth at a certain distance, and I know its coming straight at me in most cases and at that timing I am so certain, teleport away and *woosh* another missed LB or Dazing Strike.

Rather, what really is unbearably difficult is that since the class isn't designed to survive among many enemies alone, unlike a TR, this requires your own team to at least match the other team in numbers on the node you are contesting at... and this is something I cannot control no matter how much experience or skill. If there are like 2 CWs and 1 SW coming your way, as a CW you need another two people to stand by you and work it out. As a TR you don't need that -- that's how powerful stealth is. But as any other class, you need people understanding general tactics and positioning.

...and of course, in the current PvP level I am at, its full of people like... standing on pillars... standing behind LOS thinking it's some kind of a FPS game... the team's only tank running off to god knows where... other CWs or SWs thinking they're TRs and keep on running off to god knows where for some meaningless 1vs1... DCs aren't stunning or healing or buffing and instead they think they're CWs with all them attacks... and etc etc etc.. ad nauseam. This is what bothers me the most.

When you're not a TR, you're bound by team mechanics. You don't get to lonewolf like the TRs... and that means to a certain extent I'm shackled together with blokes/elements I have no control over... and sometimes (actually a LOT of the times) they drag you down to the abyss with them, no matter how well you do for yourself. This is probably the largest difference I'm feeling when I play a non-TR class.
    edited February 2015
    ...and of course, in the current PvP level I am at, its full of people like... standing on pillars... standing behind LOS thinking it's some kind of a FPS game... the team's only tank running off to god knows where... other CWs or SWs thinking they're TRs and keep on running off to god knows where for some meaningless 1vs1... DCs aren't stunning or healing or buffing and instead they think they're CWs with all them attacks... and etc etc etc.. ad nauseam. This is what bothers me the most.
    in 50% of cases sad but true
    seeing the teammates jumping arround with for example a CW or that has a DC beside not getting them down, dieing one by one, all nodes red, you on your own at node 2 allways against 2 or 3
    other example 3 or 4 teammates that don´t understand that it is inefficient to try to catch one scilled TR who blocks the homenode instead of leaving the place, it is more than enough that one player sacrifes himself again and again to try to hold against as good as he can
    --> hopeless cases
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When you're not a TR, you're bound by team mechanics. You don't get to lonewolf like the TRs... and that means to a certain extent I'm shackled together with blokes/elements I have no control over... and sometimes (actually a LOT of the times) they drag you down to the abyss with them, no matter how well you do for yourself. This is probably the largest difference I'm feeling when I play a non-TR class.

i agree entirely

whenever i'm on my TR i can usually carry a team of 3 or so baddies that have absolutely no idea how to cap an objective

TR's single-handedly sway the outcome of a match almost more significantly than any other class (dc being a close 2nd)
    edited February 2015
    what your gs and tenacity?
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i hit 53k with lashing on first hit on my 17k TR with pvorp, is it normal ? the problem is it has 24k hp
    edited February 2015
    vcek wrote: »
    i hit 53k with lashing on first hit on my 17k TR with pvorp, is it normal ? the problem is it has 24k hp

You may have 5k hp as long as you have 40%+ deflect with 75% deflect severity, itc, 4 dodges and the capstone, that removes stealth loss from taking damage.
    edited February 2015
    There's also another aspect that needs to be properly acknowledged in many cases, which is that non-TR classes, like it or not, need a certain amount of team mechanics for mutual survival -- as I've been constantly reminded as I've took my old CW from the shelf, blew the dust off to give it another try... and being a TR, it's proving to be an interesting perspective.

Frankly, I don't get much trouble from the TRs. Maybe its because I'm a TR myself so I usually know the timing and approach when the TR goes *poof* and disappears before my eyes. No BS, it's really like that. The enters stealth at a certain distance, and I know its coming straight at me in most cases and at that timing I am so certain, teleport away and *woosh* another missed LB or Dazing Strike.

Rather, what really is unbearably difficult is that since the class isn't designed to survive among many enemies alone, unlike a TR, this requires your own team to at least match the other team in numbers on the node you are contesting at... and this is something I cannot control no matter how much experience or skill. If there are like 2 CWs and 1 SW coming your way, as a CW you need another two people to stand by you and work it out. As a TR you don't need that -- that's how powerful stealth is. But as any other class, you need people understanding general tactics and positioning.

I agree with you and would add that I honestly think that in a group, sw is one of the most powerful classes. Alone against classes other than hr, cw, and tr it does well.

My problem isn't even really with stealth. All classes have abilities that can be highly problematic to other classes, but you learn what these are and how to deal with them. The issue for me is itc (so really mainly MI's). ITC is like a whole nother stealth-equivalent defensive power. ITC without stealth would be fine. But both together are way too much.
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    i agree entirely

whenever i'm on my TR i can usually carry a team of 3 or so baddies that have absolutely no idea how to cap an objective

TR's single-handedly sway the outcome of a match almost more significantly than any other class (dc being a close 2nd)

A lot of this, I think, is from back capping. Mi exec: stealth>oneshot whoever is on cap>cap>step off of capped node and when another enemy team member comes, go back into stealth>one shot, repeat. On my tr I do this from the beginning of the match to the end of it, rotating to 2 occasionally if needed as support. The enemy team has to send multiples back to get you which provides your team with a numerical advantage on the other nodes. And you can hold them there a long time. This wins a ton of matches. I got to page 30 before this stopped consistently working.

What would anger me A LOT is when I would have 3 or 4 of the enemy team on their own node, and the other 2 nodes were either still red or were contested. The other team doing the same thing as me (both teams tr-backcapping) the whole thing becomes about who can keep node 2 capped the longest.