test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR vs SW

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Discussion
Yesterday this happened, 20k SW vs 20k TR.
SW with 46k HP and full purified black ice gear, dps hell-fury build.

From stealth TR hits SW with one encounter (lashing blade) for 38k HP.
SW has 8k HP left, goes into shadow slip and manages to strike back.

SW hits TR with entire rotation and daily for total of 5k dmg.
(Curse + Brood of Hader Daily + 6 Infernal Spheres + Dreadtheft + Killing flames)
TR dodges/deflects over 90% of the damage.
TR kills SW. TR has 90% HP bar left.

Is it normal.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Post edited by zeusom on

Comments

• kleejikleeji Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its normal for a tr to win every 1v1 since its op as fk. Whats strange is that somebody with 20k gs still fails to dodge lashing blade, thats just sad.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no its not fail since warlock has no dodge,
    fail is these people who pretend beeing superior player, not knowing anything about other classes, telling they never having trouble with this or that class, that is fail ---->@kleeji
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    TR are probably the strongest class for PVP
    SW are probably the worst class

so its not "fair" to compare
    but you shouldn't feel bad about it, any class will lose to 20 TR
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kleeji wrote: »
    Whats strange is that somebody with 20k gs still fails to dodge lashing blade, thats just sad.

Read again: Stealth. Though shocking execution which has a good 1+ second delay with sound alert, lashing blade has a very short warning sound delay - not enough to dodge or in sw case to scoot out of the area ... What's just sad is the need to make such ignorant/arrogant comments.

• fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its normal for a tr to win every 1v1 since its op as fk. Whats strange is that somebody with 20k gs still fails to dodge lashing blade, thats just sad.

Lol you would be surprised how many 24k people (PvP guilders included) fall to the lash!

SW is hard to play in the arena right now OP. You are probably playing the hardest PvP class atm.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zeusom wrote: »

(Curse + Brood of Hader Daily + 6 Infernal Spheres + Dreadtheft + Killing flames)

Is it normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8SUWztEaY
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Is it normal.

So how much tenacity did the SW have?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• jackedbrahjackedbrah Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »

lmfao.

you ask this like tenacity even matters against a TR.
    Elitist dooshbag

Guardian Fighter main. I will never switch to Paladin even if we're a dying breed. GF for ever!

Main alts: Great Weapon Fighter, Control Wizard.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't used lashing in PvP in ages as it misses so easily. It is actually one of those attacks you can move out of 'after' you think it has hit you and it will miss but you need to do this a few times before you realize what I mean. Smoke bomb is another you can get away from if you react immediately even though you think it got you already.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »

Right.
    Versus TR 0 tenacity is too little and 2,000 is not enough. Tenacity was 650.

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only conclusion one can come to is that you can spend all the money you have in gearing out your favorite class to the max and yet still not even have a fighting chance vs a TR.

In other words, don't spend money on this broken game, because it will get you no where.

One starts to think the company that puts the game out is greedy due to things like how more focus is put on monetizing the game than it is on making it fun, until one comes across development decisions that destroy players incentive to spend money. So it must come down to gross incompetence.

In any case, TR is a beginners class for those who lack the skill to competitively play the more advanced, difficult to play, classes. It is not what old school tr players want, but it is what the devs have made the class.

okokok enough bashing. The kind of tr it loos like you faced is an exec which is a single target burst damage master. SW is a damage over time master. You are not going to win that 1v1.

I think SW can pwn tr like no other class provided the sw attacks the tr while the tr is attacking a different member of the sw's team. To me that means when I pvp with my sw I focus trs while trying to avoid a 1v1 with them.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In any case, TR is a beginners class for those who lack the skill to competitively play the more advanced, difficult to play, classes. It is not what old school tr players want, but it is what the devs have made the class.

Lol which class is difficult in this game? I would say the HR is more complex but not difficult and that the GWF was likely the beginners class.

I do think that some builds of the TR have become too easy in ways compared to what was and since I have always played a TR I did a respec from a MI exe to a WK scoundrel because the MI exe was way too easy and the WK in general is weak in comparison and the scoundrel lacks damage and stealth and requires a degree of timing (not quite skill though) to be effective with it's annoying attacks.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015

a good example of some scrub who thinks he's good because he plays a TR. Scrubs like you who keep telling "blah blah shocking can be dodged it takes a few seconds to cast it" "lashing is so easy to dodge" never had the faintest idea of how other classes work, SW DOESN'T HAVE ANY DODGE. keelei, you were always a scrub in my eyes, and still is, thats why you ended up in exodus and now eoa.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm still flabbergasted that people are complaining about losing 1v1's to the 1v1 class.
    TR was always pretty boss at concentrated DPS. In a 1v1, you don't have to worry about ninja ganks from the enemy's team.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Whats strange is that somebody with 20k gs still fails to dodge lashing blade, thats just sad.

Gear score doesn't equal skill.
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In other words, don't spend money on this broken game

This quote should be a headline.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I expected there would be a QQ plague on the forums about my ex-main class once the TR changes go live. I thought it's ok since every class has it's OP side like HR got their roots, CWs got their ridiculous shield and a combo of features that provide too much damage all together, making them very tanky ranged class and DC got their AS along with GoF....
    I took the time to play with my TR again in PvP once I experienced all that piercing/oneshotting/neverending daze stuff on my SW and once I tested all three paths I felt like I wish I never seen what's happened to TR and remained ignorant advocating "oh well they must be very good TRs, I should improve my skill and knowledge". So disgusting, sometimes I see TR premades running around and after such "imaginary" fights I want to delete my own rogue despite all my investments and anti-CW struggles as a protest.
    a good example of some scrub who thinks he's good because he plays a TR. Scrubs like you who keep telling "blah blah shocking can be dodged it takes a few seconds to cast it" "lashing is so easy to dodge" never had the faintest idea of how other classes work, SW DOESN'T HAVE ANY DODGE. keelei, you were always a scrub in my eyes, and still is, thats why you ended up in exodus and now eoa.
    Why do you even comment on his quote? Once I realized he is an EoA I'd not even bother :D
  • bubettebubette Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As a Soulbinder Fury SW who loves PVP, I take on TR's 1 vs 1 alot as well as take them on when they are busy with someone else. in 1 vs 1, sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, depending on the circumstance. I do notice though that most TR's come after me first thing and usually after a brief flurry of fighting take off, because I'm very tanky and don't go down too easily, even if hit first by the TR. Because I know I'm the TR's first choice, I make sure to stay aware of their whereabouts. That's all one can do to counter them, that and focus fire them when you can.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Why do you even comment on his quote? Once I realized he is an EoA I'd not even bother :D

He is not. But thanks anyway for thinking all EoAers are exactly the same.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    He is not. But thanks anyway for thinking all EoAers are exactly the same.

You mean *the same* as in joining a *pvp* guild to run around ganking pugs feeling good and mighty *the same* or? in that case yea we do think your all the same. Just for your information as you did ask....
  • svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2015

Is it normal.

no, you didn't instantly get hit by LB from the one of the other 2 trs in enemy team after you survived the first one.
    edited February 2015
    Lol which class is difficult in this game? I would say the HR is more complex but not difficult and that the GWF was likely the beginners class.

I do think that some builds of the TR have become too easy in ways compared to what was and since I have always played a TR I did a respec from a MI exe to a WK scoundrel because the MI exe was way too easy and the WK in general is weak in comparison and the scoundrel lacks damage and stealth and requires a degree of timing (not quite skill though) to be effective with it's annoying attacks.

GF and SW are the most difficult classes to play in pvp. I think in pve HR and DC are the most complex.
  • vadi88gvadi88g Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2015
    first the most important thing if gs difference not to big is the pvp skill of player.
    it too easy to dodge or avoid hard attacks not only with dodge also with movement.
    2. he can do 1 hit like a glass canon because low defense and he uses "First strike"... if he miss he is dead if you know how to play.

3. if you get so much dmg also your defense stats are really bad.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vadi88g wrote: »
    he can do 1 hit like a glass canon because low defense and he uses First strike...

10k GS TR hit me 35k pre-mitigated LB. Thus, he can dump the rest of the stats in pure defense and still hit 35k LBs. "TRs who one hit are class-cannons"-thing needs to stop.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited February 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    10k GS TR hit me 35k pre-mitigated LB. Thus, he can dump the rest of the stats in pure defense and still hit 35k LBs. "TRs who one hit are class-cannons"-thing needs to stop.
    how i said its "first strike" only and the long cd lashingblade and a really bad ability on longterm or if its avoided. especially its bad if you play vs a team. pvp is not only 1vs1! the glass canon tr is dead fast if you know how the tr play and if you know how to pvp especially vs rouges. pvp is also not to stand around and hit buttons... just for info.

and TRs stealth and other things are allready nerfed . you see the tr in stealth for 2 sek for example if he hit you!
    edited February 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    I'm still flabbergasted that people are complaining about losing 1v1's to the 1v1 class.
    TR was always pretty boss at concentrated DPS. In a 1v1, you don't have to worry about ninja ganks from the enemy's team.

What you are saying would be valid if stealth and itc only worked against one enemy player at a time. It is a beginners class. You can be invisible and kill enemy players with one shot from invisibility. Another build can daze and kill the enemy player while that player has no chance of fighting back. Easy mode. When not invisible you can be "impossible to catch" totally evading all attempts to slowing, or otherwise controlling you while deflecting most attempts at hitting you.

There is no shame in less skilled players playing a beginners class until they learn pvp enough to move on to a more difficult class.
    edited February 2015
    This quote should be a headline.

I'm surprised this thread isn't locked yet, as the forums are simply just straightforward marketing for the game and bringing up problems with the game is not good marketing lol.
    edited February 2015
    vadi88g wrote: »
    first the most important thing if gs difference not to big is the pvp skill of player.
    it too easy to dodge or avoid hard attacks not only with dodge also with movement.
    2. he can do 1 hit like a glass canon because low defense and he uses "First strike"... if he miss he is dead if you know how to play.

I'll be happy to meet you in pvp on my tr and you can play an sw and we will see how many times I kill you with lashing and se. Then we can talk about "not only dodge but skilled player movement away".
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    to be honest...all you wrote about the actual situation only leads me to these conclusions
    1. you live under a stone and didn´t pvp for at least 4 month
    2. you can´t read or understand all these DR and tenacity ignoring piercing **** the TR dishes out
    3. you want to be funny...but nobody is loughing, sry
    edited February 2015
    im one of the best pvp players on server but ok.
    yes come icewind #1 when server up.