What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

List of mod 5 (preview) HR bugs

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I use Rain of Swords on Combat in pve. Hindering Strike after a RoS does some serious damage. It will never be as good as RoA but then I have that too as Combat so I'm happy enough. Just wish for a slightly bigger radius.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    at this point there is so much pulling and pushing in the game that is pretty much impossible to know where to use RoA, pretty much my reason. Another thing is that as a combat pathfinder i;m having a very bad experience in pve cause i just lack a serious aoe, also split strike makes me way too dizzy with that animation...
  • Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    RoA is fine as it is. Buffing the size would make it too OP and hence require a damage nerf. If you're a combat HR you should be using Royal Guard = if you miss you have the encounter up in the following seconds anyway.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There is a thing i need help to confirm..when i m neutral in IWP, i can see a HR marauder escape animation during his forest ghost..that makes me wonder if it can be seen by the enemy? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    You (and your enemy) can see the Marauder's Escape/Rush animation during Forest Ghost, which is fine. Don't know why you'd waste an encounter like that anyway, and if you do you deserve to be punished for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thorn Ward: Aspect of the Serpent stacks are not displaying correctly when Thorn Ward is up. Each tick of Thorn Ward should add/remove stacks. Currently, only the first tick (the first usage) of Thorn Ward removes a ranged stack but subsequent ticks do not remove ticks. Additionally, when melee stacks are up and Thorn Ward is applied, no stacks are removed whatsoever. This is merely a display bug, Thorn Ward is actually correctly applying the stacks but it's just not displaying correctly.

Aspect of the Serpent: Aspect of the Serpent stacks are not displaying correctly when Thorn Ward is up. Each tick of Thorn Ward should add/remove stacks. Currently, only the first tick (the first usage) of Thorn Ward removes a ranged stack but subsequent ticks do not remove ticks. Additionally, when melee stacks are up and Thorn Ward is applied, no stacks are removed whatsoever. This is merely a display bug, Thorn Ward is actually correctly applying the stacks but it's just not displaying correctly.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Trapper: Thorned Roots: does not apply/proc weapon enchants

do this apply to vorpal too?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    Trapper: Thorned Roots: does not apply/proc weapon enchants

do this apply to vorpal too?

No. Vorpal is not a "proc" enchant, nor does it deal any direct damage or affected by the skills that you use. It increases your stats rather than modifying skills/procing off them.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Stormwarden: Split the Sky - does not proc weapon enchantments or glyphs

Pathfinder: Cruel Recovery - only procs on the first crit of DOTs such as Thorned Roots, and does not proc on multiple aoe hits (i.e. only activates on the first target you hit)

Offhand Feature Bonuses: Pathfinder: Cruel Recovery - only procs on the first crit of DOTs such as Thorned Roots, and does not proc on multiple aoe hits (i.e. only activates on the first target you hit)
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Stormwarden: Split the Sky - does not proc weapon enchantments or glyphs

I have just tested this, and I can confirm it. :eek: This requires fix ASAP.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edgethemcedgethemc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Didnt see the AP bug in there so, here:

Trapper:

When "Biting Snares" procs, if you switch stances more than once during that (I assume it is) one second of the "Master Trapper" feat proc, you can usually get up to 80% AP (sometimes even all the way to 100% if you're really fast and have no lag/interruption).
    I think, judging by the Feat description, this shouldn't be the case.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    edgethemc wrote: »
    Didnt see the AP bug in there so, here:

Trapper:

When "Biting Snares" procs, if you switch stances more than once during that (I assume it is) one second of the "Master Trapper" feat proc, you can usually get up to 80% AP (sometimes even all the way to 100% if you're really fast and have no lag/interruption).
    I think, judging by the Feat description, this shouldn't be the case.

Added. I think I actually PM'd the devs about this, amongst other bugs.

Trapper: Master Trapper/Biting Snares: stance swapping multiple times during the "Biting Snares" activation time will activate Master Trapper multiple times and generate the AP portion multiple times
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    - ROA doesn't always work, seems to require you hitting with other attacks before it will start its DOT.

- Split the Sky - anyone ever seen the described "snare" even once? I haven't.

- Seismic Shot - seems to be random for this thing to actually hit anything. I've fired into large groups of mobs with nothing. Even point blank at one mob, I've seen it totally miss.

Suggestions:
    Increase the radius of ROA with rapidly diminishing damage the father you get from the center. End result should be slightly lower damage against just one mob ( i.e. using it on a boss), and greater damage against large groups of mobs.

Change the non-working snare on StS to a working stun.

Seismic - change to a narrow cone vs the thin line it appears to be. Needs to hit with greater frequency since it is our primary daily.

Forest Ghost - make the stealth work against mobs. Would be nice to have an actual working escape mechanism.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Split the Sky - anyone ever seen the described "snare" even once? I haven't.

The only time I have ever seen the snare in action was in pvp when I was hit with StS - froze me for like a split second. I notice that the mobs do sometimes move slower but then that might be down to Ioun Stone of Allure's active bonus.
    Seismic Shot - seems to be random for this thing to actually hit anything. I've fired into large groups of mobs with nothing. Even point blank at one mob, I've seen it totally miss.

Yeah I only started using Seismic Shot again for the past month or so and it's scary how often it misses for an AoE. The knockback is also not what it used to be.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    - ROA doesn't always work, seems to require you hitting with other attacks before it will start its DOT.

- Split the Sky - anyone ever seen the described "snare" even once? I haven't.

- Seismic Shot - seems to be random for this thing to actually hit anything. I've fired into large groups of mobs with nothing. Even point blank at one mob, I've seen it totally miss.

Suggestions:
    Increase the radius of ROA with rapidly diminishing damage the father you get from the center. End result should be slightly lower damage against just one mob ( i.e. using it on a boss), and greater damage against large groups of mobs.

Change the non-working snare on StS to a working stun.

Seismic - change to a narrow cone vs the thin line it appears to be. Needs to hit with greater frequency since it is our primary daily.

Forest Ghost - make the stealth work against mobs. Would be nice to have an actual working escape mechanism.

Split the Sky's snare is a slow. It works fine.

Seismic Shot has a delay and I think it does miss if you aim it into the ground although I think this bug may have been resolved.

ROA bug is already in the list.

Forest Ghost does work against mobs, you just regain aggro after you exit stealth.

No, no changes to ROA please, it's fine as it is. Increasing radius would mean it'd need a damage nerf. So no. Seismic is fine, you just need to account for the delay and angles. Also no, just no to changing STS' slow to a stun. You have no idea how OP this would be.
  • Options
    hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ralexinor wrote: »
    Split the Sky's snare is a slow. It works fine.
    If it is a slow, the amount is barely noticeable.
    Seismic Shot has a delay and I think it does miss if you aim it into the ground although I think this bug may have been resolved.
    Not resolved - same issue in a few skirmishes today.
    Forest Ghost does work against mobs, you just regain aggro after you exit stealth.
    No, I've had mobs chase me even after entering stealth. I also don't like how you sometimes have to sit there 3-4 seconds to get it to "take". If you activate the power, and immediately start moving, many times it toggles off. Very odd power.
    No, no changes to ROA please, it's fine as it is. Increasing radius would mean it'd need a damage nerf. So no.
    When playing solo in normal content, yes it's fine. I can pretty much predict where the mobs are going to go ( at me ).
    In group play, its hard to hit anything with it, since group members are pushing and pulling mobs all over the place.
    I don't think a nerf would be necessary if the damage decreased as you got further out.
    Also no, just no to changing STS' slow to a stun. You have no idea how OP this would be.
    Maybe. Depends on the percent of the time the stun actually occurred. If it happened with every strike, then yes, it would be overpowered. 20-25% of the time? Probably not.
    Yeah I only started using Seismic Shot again for the past month or so and it's scary how often it misses for an AoE. The knockback is also not what it used to be.
    It used to pull mobs into a group when fired. Doesn't appear to do that much anymore ( if at all ). Stealth nerf?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    If it is a slow, the amount is barely noticeable.

Not resolved - same issue in a few skirmishes today.

No, I've had mobs chase me even after entering stealth. I also don't like how you sometimes have to sit there 3-4 seconds to get it to "take". If you activate the power, and immediately start moving, many times it toggles off. Very odd power.

When playing solo in normal content, yes it's fine. I can pretty much predict where the mobs are going to go ( at me ).
    In group play, its hard to hit anything with it, since group members are pushing and pulling mobs all over the place.
    I don't think a nerf would be necessary if the damage decreased as you got further out.

Maybe. Depends on the percent of the time the stun actually occurred. If it happened with every strike, then yes, it would be overpowered. 20-25% of the time? Probably not.

It used to pull mobs into a group when fired. Doesn't appear to do that much anymore ( if at all ). Stealth nerf?

You cannot buff STS anymore. Giving it a stun would break PvP so hard it wouldn't even be funny. It'd be like Scoundrel TR dazes as stuns on every party member at mid the moment they attack. And even in PvE under the right circumstances, you can have it up pretty much 100% of the time on all mobs. Activation rate would need to be reduced massively and it'd need a cooldown if you gave it a stun, which would be detrimental to both PvE and PvP.

It's really not hard to land ROA in a group setting if you know what you're doing, and depending on what build you are, you shouldn't really be worried about missing it because you have barely any cooldowns (combat and trapper, archery is the exception, although it seems like you play archery, but not sure).

Forest Ghost may be WAI and I'm pretty sure it deaggros mobs. I'll test later, and I'll add the Seismic issue for now.

Seismic Shot: does not always hit mobs even if they're in the trajectory path
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I think u should apply for class feedback reporter..so far u are doing great job on compiling bugs and information on HR..might as well apply it so ur compilation is heard by developer and not wasted
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Feats
    • Broadhead Arrows - Give 0% Critical Chance in range stance every time a player loaded into a new map/zone/instance/dungeon; requiring player to switch stance to melee and back to range first in order to activate it.
      (Basically if you load into a dungeon and start hitting mobs and playing normally only in range stance you would not even have +5% critical chance from the feat that whole time)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I guess it's time to update this/create a new thread since it's now module 6. I will be updating this thread with a comprehensive list of module 6 HR bugs (and module 5 ones, most of which are still present) mid next week. Here is just one of the (many) bugs that have surfaced in module 6.
    • Aspect of the Lone Wolf - 4th rank gives negative deflect
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Also, forestbond and swiftness of fox do not reduce cooldown of charge powers (Cordon and hindering arrow).
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I believe that's already there, but I will double check when I post the finalised version of my notes mid next week.
  • Options
    blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Any idea, that 4th rank of powers work?
    Lone wolf gives negative, I guess every cooldown reduction 4th rank doesn't work (ex. Fox, but I did not test it).
    Do the +10% damage bonus work for damaging powers?
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    +10% dmg bonus on rank 4 work so far on all skill i know of. Though i found that charge time for Rank 4 aimed shot is longer than rank 3 and aspect of falcon rank 4 has same range as rank 3.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They is finally fixed dot/lostmauth melting bug with today's patch. Was in notes.

I wonder if they will fix control strength ever. At least panda sad he will take a look.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've reported the 4th rank 10% deflect loss in the bugs section, hope they fix it soon, tired of respeccing lol.

Even after the lostmauth fix, I'm still not sure that gushing wound is working as intended, not so much of an instakill as it was, but still crazy with the cooldown reductions. I've forgotten whether HRs actually have atwills, we do, don't we..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonkoca wrote: »
    I've reported the 4th rank 10% deflect loss in the bugs section, hope they fix it soon, tired of respeccing lol.

Even after the lostmauth fix, I'm still not sure that gushing wound is working as intended, not so much of an instakill as it was, but still crazy with the cooldown reductions. I've forgotten whether HRs actually have atwills, we do, don't we..?

goshing and lostmouth are still broken. It actually fills more stable to trigger now. only one things they fixed was loop of autoproc. So now you need to place it 2+ times instead of 1. Btw still lags everything when you place it.

Respect is broken as well atm. so I would not touch it for now - and I do have 4th rank in aolf (
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So Root really don't respect Arm Pen in some cases. It even sometimes decreases damage ( increases mob resistance) even lower then mod originally had.
    thedemien wrote: »
    Ancient grasping roots for Trapper HR are not effected by Resistance Ignored.
    In fact it sometimes drop damage even lower then it possibly could by Damage resistance of mob.
    Tested on Bone Golem in Dread ring on lvl 70 char. Same is in other areas

Probably the same effect is for Control on roots -> saw 0 control too

In Game screen
    scAlEcnrG.png

Act shows
    8D2HbZhMP.png

Char has
    n7jZAlc9u.png

Note that this is mob in dread ring. He has ±50% resistance.
    Testing on no enchant weapon.
    Note that sometime it even drops to 20% effectiveness.
    No effectiveness lines are 100% effectiveness. Game does not report base damage for those.

Pls vote for thread here http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?913581-Ancient-Grasping-Roots-does-not-respect-Resistance-Ignored&p=10772951
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another bugg is that Cordon do not trigger weapon enchants.
    Tested with lifedrinker no buff icon is triggered when using lifedrinker from cordon no extra damage from vorpal either so another bugg to add to the LOOOOOOOONG list :-(.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    so another bugg to add to the LOOOOOOOONG list :-(.
    I m waiting for ralexinor to update the list to see bigger picture.