test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta feedback - Feb Beta

124»

Comments

• superwacksaucesuperwacksauce Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Button Mapping/Controller Layout: The current layout is sub-optimal at best. I used to play this game on PC with a controller (360) so I know there are much better solutions.

Please allow full controller customization or at least make jump a single button press as opposed to LB + A. Don't be afraid to use the stick clicks as well!
  • wringmaster2b72wringmaster2b72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for my question, but is this beta still available to be played? I received my key and downloaded the game to my XB1 and the Play is grayed out and cannot be selected. So I was wondering if this is still an active beta or not?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for my question, but is this beta still available to be played? I received my key and downloaded the game to my XB1 and the Play is grayed out and cannot be selected. So I was wondering if this is still an active beta or not?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Lol no it's over.

Also do we know how many players can be in the same zone, like the city, at the same time yet?
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • nervusbreakd0wnnervusbreakd0wn Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have said this and I will say it again. Everything on that beta was great beside a few things.
    1. The server need to keep up
    2. The frame rate need to be taking care of. I'm fine with dungeon going 60 pfs and outside is 30, just need to be locked in.
    3. Need that compare screen at all times because that is the most important information playing this game.
    4. That loot system when in a dungeon need to be addressed, having like 3 windows in the middle is SUPER frustrating when I cant even see a thing, it should be put to the bottom left side.
    5. that mini map, I know that one guy on twitch thinks we don't need it, so if your going to do that then make it stand out where our friends are at all times. That little arrow is very hard to see when its transparent.

If those can be fixed this will have them in the lead because they are a few more on Xbox and this one will be the first on this gen before the others.
  • uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it means you have to be lv 15 to access those abilities. each tier opens up for use after reaching the required character lvl

No, wrong, it's points. Your stat points open up the powers. Have 15 stat points allocate, you can upgrade a 15'slot point power with your 16th point.

So my issue is valid. You basically can't hold stat points and spend them on one power later on, you have to upgrade the lower powers first, then you can slot it. That throws you because you could be up to 20 points and wonder why you cant slot a 15 power. It's cause you have to upgrade it first. Upgrade what? I never even choose the power yet.
  • oldsk00lgmroldsk00lgmr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else losing the ability to click Play? I have uninstalled and reinstalled for the Xbox one closed beta. Any help would be beneficial. I was able to play over the weekend now, nothing.
  • banditlinkbanditlink Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After downloading and going into game the play button is greyed out?? Is there a fix for this?
  • kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    banditlink wrote: »
    After downloading and going into game the play button is greyed out?? Is there a fix for this?

The beta is over. You won't be able to play it :p
  • kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone else losing the ability to click Play? I have uninstalled and reinstalled for the Xbox one closed beta. Any help would be beneficial. I was able to play over the weekend now, nothing.

The beta was just open over the weekend. Untill another weekend is announced or the game is released you won't be able to play
  • mrtessel8rmrtessel8r Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Could the Dev's send out another email to let folks know that the Beta is not active right now. I had to dig to find out that the beta wasn't running right now.
  • uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mrtessel8r wrote: »
    Could the Dev's send out another email to let folks know that the Beta is not active right now. I had to dig to find out that the beta wasn't running right now.

The beta announcement was posted with dates back on 1/15.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?826741-Neverwinter-Xbox-One-Closed-Beta-Feb-5th-Feb-8th
  • queenxwolf205queenxwolf205 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue/Suggestion: Lack of Mini-Map, as others have stated, and issues with going to a party member's instance.

Detail: I think the need of a mini-map is a given. As a player of the game on PC as well as XBOne, having the mini-map is helpful for direction on many occasions. Also, I'm not sure what was causing it, but I was never able to switch to a party member's instance unless I manually went to switch instance in the menu and selected the instance number they were in. The option was there in the party member's drop down menu, but did nothing upon clicking on it.

Over all, the porting of the PC version to XBOne was extremely well done. While the controls are different than what us console users are used to, I found them rather quick and easy to learn.