test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta feedback - Feb Beta

uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I'll keep an ongoing thread instead of spamming new threads.

Simple format:
Issue/Suggestion: <comment>
Detail: <comment>

If you have questions or just want to watch, I'll be streaming most of the beta, Twitch user: Uberkull
Post edited by uberz on

Comments

• uberzuberz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: No minimap on screen at anytime
    Detail: Is the lack of a minimap by design or can we turn one on? I've checked options in the menus, etc
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Can't turn off rainbow skittles direction path
    Detail: Is this by design? Some players like to find objectives on their own.
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: Skill tree at next 'section' (requires 5 points, requires 15, etc) doesn't activate the skill until you upgrade.
    Detail: You can't assign the skill until you initially upgrade it. It's slightly confusing. You have all these points, and you've spent way over 5 points, yet the skills remain Grayed out unless you upgrade them to rank 1 first.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    issue: chatting via text is waaaaay too complicated.
    Detail. Left Bumper + D pad down makes sense to bring up the text menu. then X to start typing. Then type it. Then A to input the text. Enter on the keyboard should enter the chat into the screen's text box.
    Suggestion. remove the input / confirm requirements to chat.
  • chadw1987chadw1987 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just wanted to put it out there that I am currently enjoying the mess out of this game. Its my first time playing Neverwinter, never have been much for keyboard and mouse controls but I am loving this on console. I have only been able to put in about 5 hours so far and the only issue I have ran into is the server disconnections. I would have made a new thread but as being a new member I cannot do so yet.
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    uberz wrote: »
    Suggestion: No minimap on screen at anytime
    Detail: Is the lack of a minimap by design or can we turn one on? I've checked options in the menus, etc

attorn97 said this in another thread:
    there is a minimap. left bumper + up on the D pad I believe. I'm not in the game right now, but its certainly there. Its not on the screen at all times though, which is what you may have been looking for.

Maybe it's only seeable when exploring? Either that, or he meant a full sized map, I'm not sure. I'm not able to play the beta until later tonight, but the apparent lack of a minimap really concerns me, and is worthy of its own thread due to its importance, I'd think.
    edited February 2015
    zazaaji wrote: »
    attorn97 said this in another thread:

Maybe it's only seeable when exploring? Either that, or he meant a full sized map, I'm not sure. I'm not able to play the beta until later tonight, but the apparent lack of a minimap really concerns me, and is worthy of its own thread due to its importance, I'd think.

That map is the full area map. And you can't move when that map is up. There is no minimal in the game. What they do is basically have the skittles rainbow path on at all times guiding you to your next objective. Definitely miss a minimap.
    edited February 2015
    That map is the full area map. And you can't move when that map is up. There is no minimal in the game. What they do is basically have the skittles rainbow path on at all times guiding you to your next objective. Definitely miss a minimap.

They do that rainbow path on the PC version too.
    The lack of a minimap is extremely bad. Thanks for forewarning me about it.
  • enigmaticlyenigmaticly Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree that having played PC for some time the minimap is something I miss a ton. Having said that, I don't know what sort of experience someone would have who hasn't grown accustomed to it being there.
    edited February 2015
    I agree that having played PC for some time the minimap is something I miss a ton. Having said that, I don't know what sort of experience someone would have who hasn't grown accustomed to it being there.

A minimap is part of almost every RPG and definitely every MMO I've played.

Early on, not a big deal in NW. But once you start farming larger areas at late levels, especially on your mount, that minimap will be missed.
    edited February 2015
    A minimap is part of almost every RPG and definitely every MMO I've played.

Exactly what I was going to say. It's not Neverwinter dependant, every single RPG on Xbox One (most notably Dragon Age: Inquisition) has a minimap to show where some things are. Anyone that's played an RPG (MMO or not) since PS2 era will probably expect and/or need one.
  • raidinwinterraidinwinter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Would really like to see PC and console players able to join and play together with full release. have some friends who only have PC version and no Xbox One
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Sometimes when you select an item in your inventory, it does not display the items tooltip
    Detail: When navigating items in inventory, if the item is gear/weapons, the tooltip showing the items stats and a compare pane of what's currently equipped doesn't show up at all. The only way I've found to fix this is to restart the game entirely. On xbox one, that's starting another game, then coming back to NW to relaunch.
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Sometimes when you select an item in your inventory, it does not display the items tooltip
    Detail: When navigating items in inventory, if the item is gear/weapons, the tooltip showing the items stats and a compare pane of what's currently equipped doesn't show up at all. The only way I've found to fix this is to restart the game entirely. On xbox one, that's starting another game, then coming back to NW to relaunch.

That's a bug. You might want to make a thread like this for bugs you find in the Bug Forum.
  • twackerstwackers Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2015
    Issue/Suggestion: Unable to press "A" after being idle for over 50 minutes.
    Detail: I went to xbox music for a good ~50 minutes, then returned to Neverwinter only to see "Press A on any controller". So I attempted to press A, and nothing happened - forcing me to reload the game.

Issue/Suggestion: Make HUD elements smaller for a minimap. (Or put a minimap in the bottom right.)
    Detail: N/A

Issue/Suggestion: Low FPS in Protector's Enclave.
    Detail: Getting relatively low FPS in the mentioned area.

Issue/Suggestion: Have the ability to zoom in/out of your character.
    Detail: Having the ability to zoom in and out from your character would allow you to see more area, etc.

(Only posting here due to the waiting limit on new accounts.)
    edited February 2015
    Issue/Suggestion: Port to friend or party member doesn't work
    Detail: Even if in the same instance, shard, server...or w/e...the A button to confirm port doesn't do anything. Tried it n party, from friends list....just does nothing.
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: The HUD display of special power, like stealth, is redundant.
    Detail: The HUD arc located next to the character that represents the cooldown of the class ability...say....stealth is repeated on the action bar buttons at the button right. Do we really need it in two places? Would prefer removing the arc next to character since I can simply glance down to the action bar to see if the power is up. I understand this is a carry over from the PC version, but it just not clean.
  • au5tackerau5tacker Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »
    Detail. Left Bumper + D pad down makes sense to bring up the text menu. then X to start typing. Then type it. Then A to input the text. Enter on the keyboard should enter the chat into the screen's text box.

Seconded.

A keyboard with Xbox one is supported out of the box.

I have been able to set the chat window to always active (nice start) but to actually chat at the moment is convoluted to say the least.

If you have a keyboard active, you should be able to just hit ENTER to start typing, type as normal and ENTER again to send.

So many buttons to chat at present is way too slow and convoluted.
  • prkl56prkl56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is my first time playing Neverwinter, and **** it is confusing. The tutorial level doesn't go into any of the game's systems besides combat. I still have no clue how or where to go to craft, there are like 5 currencies that I don't understand. Hopefully they can add a better tutorial for the end product.
  • prkl56prkl56 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    attorn97 wrote: »

I haven't tried this yet, but you should be able to use the smart glass app on your phone/tablet as a keyboard.
    edited February 2015
    prkl56 wrote: »
    I haven't tried this yet, but you should be able to use the smart glass app on your phone/tablet as a keyboard.

You can...but you still need to activate and move between tabs, emotes, etc with controller. SmartGlass is the way to go...but...it's not easy to get to the point where you can use it.
    edited February 2015
    Where's the leave queue option? Where's the leave party option?

I do a dungeon or PvP instance and it retains the queues on me, even when I leave? times out after a period, but I cannot locate under the queues a 'leave party' option at all.

I had to go to each disconnected player in the party and boot them myself.

We need a party management option under Social.
  • jdl2010jdl2010 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    so... in my excitement for receiving a beta key, I just copy/pasted on xbox.com... And now that I'm home... I don't see it downloading... matter of fact I don't have it anywhere... how can I force the download?? any ideas?
    TIA!

I'll keep an ongoing thread instead of spamming new threads.

Simple format:
    Issue/Suggestion: <comment>
    Detail: <comment>

If you have questions or just want to watch, I'll be streaming most of the beta, Twitch user: Uberkull
    edited February 2015
    au5tacker wrote: »
    Where's the leave queue option? Where's the leave party option? ... I had to go to each disconnected player in the party and boot them myself.

We need a party management option under Social.
    I agree we do need that, but to leave a party in the mean time:
    Press the View button on your controller (same as Back on the 360). When your name is highlighted, press A, the press A on Leave Party.
  • kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some small suggestions from me would be to add vibration on the controller to spells and stuff happening in the enviroment. It would be a nice touch and it makes me more immersed atleast :p And alot of games on xbox one does use vibration :p And for god sake fix those voice overs for the npcs xD For some reason they sound really wierd on xbox one :/ and btw.. (Off topic) Why can't i make my own threads? XD kinda hard to give feedback and report bugs atm :p
  • capcoldasicecapcoldasice Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    my issue is i find it hard to locate the people that i am teamed up with when they are away from me.I can easily see the random other people in the world because their names show up bright green, but the people on my team names are too dark and faded out.
  • asgardth0rasgardth0r Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    First time playing an MMO and I absolutely love it! I have had no connection problems and minimal stuttering. The only problem I have had is the lack of information. I spent alot of time just trying to figure out how to chat, leave a group, etc. It could be that I'm an MMO **** and it's common knowledge. Love it so much though. Sun Elf Devout Cleric
  • ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue/Suggestion: Audio seems extremely loud at default. Voice acting seems off and harsh which I don't remember on the PC version.
    Detail: when I booted up the game the music was so loud and the voices so harsh sounding, I thought my tv was on 50 when in fact it was on 15. the ambiance seems fine but default music settings are really loud and the voice acting didn't sound like thins on the pc to my recollection.
    edited February 2015
    Issue/Suggestion: New Female High Elf Cleric - Hair Sync
    Detail: Hair Piece desyncs with the head model.

Best part about Xbox one? Clip recording.

Why explain, when you can link?

http://xboxclips.com/Austacker/1eaf77e3-af05-4b13-8e4f-40dd613983e0

For everyone else, if you have DVR enabled your clips get auto uploaded to Xboxclips.com for free.

Use it :)
  • rkangel1970rkangel1970 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I played the PC version for quite a while so I was very excited to see how this would compare, I actually expected a lesser version. After two nights on the beta I can safely say that I really like this XB1 version. It feels like a direct port from the PC without losing anything, except the mini-map. I can't wait until the full game comes out.

I am very impressed with how easy it was to jump into this version from the PC. After about an hour the controls became second nature. This will be a definite purchase for me (if it's FTP I will be buying $60 in Zen to support it). Great job!