What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta feedback - Feb Beta

Comments

• lordsmoke74lordsmoke74 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Scourge warlock.
    Character
    There is no visual effect when I use the Shadow Slip movement skill. On the PC there is a Blue like shadow glow when I use the movement skill. I think I have seen it show up on another warlock but not on my own.
  • kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Something more i would like to see added is the ability to sell all junk items at a vendor with a single Button click. So you don't have to go through the bags selling 1 item at the time :)
  • darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: option to switch Guard/dodge [LTS] with either [LTrigger or Rtrigger]

Detail: [Personal] would rather have guard as one of the triggers over a thumb / joystick, never much of a fan of the R/LTS especially when they get wore out or stick. [also hold too guard would be nice an release to drop.]
  • michaellucky13michaellucky13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unable to login. You language is not supported.

From Russia - with hate. I just lost time on you test
  • fallensbanefallensbane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Inability to chat until level 15 is a big no no. This may work for PC when you consider all the scripted bots that would be spamming chat, but consoles are a whole different bird and this is bound to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off many people who play.

Lack of minimap, yeah you better fix that.

Also no option to play pre-existing foundry quests???
  • theshadowpandoratheshadowpandora Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: No way to unequip or equip new weapons/ rings in offhand or left hand. I am still using the same dagger in my offhand that I equipped at the start of the game and have no way to choose to equip a new weapon in the offhand. When choosing to equip a new weapon it automatically equips to the main hand with no option to do otherwise. Same goes for rings, choosing to equip a new ring will only change the ring equipped on the right hand, there is no option to change ring on left hand. I know on PC version you had to drag and drop to replace offhand weapon and there is no way to do such on console. This is a HUGE over sight and requires an immediate fix.
  • darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: No way to unequip or equip new weapons/ rings in offhand or left hand. I am still using the same dagger in my offhand that I equipped at the start of the game and have no way to choose to equip a new weapon in the offhand. When choosing to equip a new weapon it automatically equips to the main hand with no option to do otherwise. Same goes for rings, choosing to equip a new ring will only change the ring equipped on the right hand, there is no option to change ring on left hand. I know on PC version you had to drag and drop to replace offhand weapon and there is no way to do such on console. This is a HUGE over sight and requires an immediate fix.

Start - Character - Gear tab - Left joystick down - select a item - (A) button - unequip item? make sure inventory ain't full.

if still problem probably should unequip both items then pick the ones you want from inventory cause im not having problems with rings atleast an i would assume it be the same for Dualwield.
  • zazaajizazaaji Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2015
    Unable to login. You language is not supported.

From Russia - with hate. I just lost time on you test

You clearly can speak/read English, just change your console's language to English. I had the same problem, the game doesn't support Finnish, but changing it to English works fine.
  • phoenix1234563phoenix1234563 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey, so im new to neverwinter. So far im enjoying the beta got to lvl 13 with a trickster rogue. I was wondering if characters and items from the beta will carry over to the final game when it's released on the Xbox.
  • ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    came across a nice one.

after plague tower quest, the item comparison was lost. It is gone from all screens from where it should be. Not sure if it was quest related or not. I still need to restart to se if it will fix it.

Edit: in order to fix this you must close out the game completely, not just log out.

Issue maybe caused by sorting your bag. A friend just did that and he lost his item comparison.

Issue: Item comparison disappears
    Description: Item comparison disappears when you sort your inventory. I repeated this several times last night.
  • darklurkr23darklurkr23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I'm at the 2nd campfire the screen lags like hell. And i have a crappy connection, but i did a game dvr and the speed is the same.

I think the game needs a "speed over framerate" setting. Cause it looks fine enough i dont want slow down. And this is idle camera w/ a couple NPC's and lighting. I can imagine a battlefield
  • dran74dran74 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue/suggestion- don't back all the way out.

Location- start menu

When I hit start (for purposes I say start button but I mean the three line button) it takes me to the character menu. I then go to, say, the store. I then hit the B button intending to back to the start menu but instead it exits out of all menus bringing me back to the game. B button needs to bring you back to last menu not to game unless you're in the original start menu. Minor issue but aggravating.
  • jabrown2177jabrown2177 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only feedback I have so far is this game needs a mini map for navigation, the voice acting is kind of poor, but I don't think that can change. There needs to be a way to get out of dungeon instances such as a warp out of button, something if you whole party leaves or disconnects. This is superficial, but to be able to sheathe your weapon properly.
  • tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2015
    uberz wrote: »
    Issue: Can't turn off rainbow skittles direction path
    Detail: Is this by design? Some players like to find objectives on their own.

100% agree.
    + a mini map would be better.
    edited February 2015
    issue: graphics/texture
    Description: While in combat the ground textures flash in and out.
  • zaknafein00zaknafein00 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Item comparison
    Detail: Whenever I get a new item I am curious to see whether it will benefit me to keep the item and use it or just sell it. But...that means I have to go through each item that I've accumulated and check to see whether it behooves me to keep them or not. I have to press the 'Y' button to inspect each one and then decide which is more beneficial or powerful.

If there was some modification to allow a quick item comparison with an already equipped item, it would be MOST beneficial. I don't want to waste too much time looking at my inventory when I can be out killing and questing. Just my two cents.
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Item comparison
    Detail: Whenever I get a new item I am curious to see whether it will benefit me to keep the item and use it or just sell it. But...that means I have to go through each item that I've accumulated and check to see whether it behooves me to keep them or not. I have to press the 'Y' button to inspect each one and then decide which is more beneficial or powerful.

If there was some modification to allow a quick item comparison with an already equipped item, it would be MOST beneficial. I don't want to waste too much time looking at my inventory when I can be out killing and questing. Just my two cents.

The game does have item comparison if the item is equipped.
  • shaddysideshaddyside Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hej, I'm running a big guild in the Neverwinter XboxOne Beta, we could really use some upgrading of the Guild-Interface.
    A option to sort out offline/online members would be nice, also sorting by Region and Level is always usefull,
  • rangerpaul1rangerpaul1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    when is the game going to be released ?
  • addiktedsouladdiktedsoul Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we also have an option for an unedited chat? I love the game alot but when i type in chat it censors words like "it", "to", "got", or "gotten" and is really annoying. I know some people like to have swear words censored and things to that nature but could there be a chat uncensored option for us? Other mmos offer this and this would really be an awesome option, it removes unnecessary frustration.
  • addiktedsouladdiktedsoul Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can we also have an option for an unedited chat? I love the game alot but when i type in chat it censors words like "it", "to", "got", or "gotten" and is really annoying. I know some people like to have swear words censored and things to that nature but could there be a chat uncensored option for us? Other mmos offer this and this would really be an awesome option, it removes unnecessary frustration.
  • zeroregret75zeroregret75 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to see a better ui interface that is more user friendly. I was really fond how square Enix used the controller well with their interface for final fantasy a realm reborn.
  • kryolyrkryolyr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestion: Toggle on/off option for some dash skills
    Detail: The option to turn off the toggle feature when using some dash skills, like the GF block or the Scourge Warlock dash. Would like to stop dashing or blocking when the left stick is depressed.
  • boobmaster30boobmaster30 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Suggestions; Way to equip/unequip off-hand weapon since I couldn't find any. Not cool for a rogue with 2 daggers.
    Issue; Inspecting an item while in a merchant or inventory screen does nothing. You have to exit the screen and then you see the description.
    Comment; Seriously well done on making MMO controls work on a controller and fun to play. I tip my hat to all who worked (and still work)on the game. I'm really looking forward to what you'll do in the future.
  • z33n4z33n4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    my issue is i find it hard to locate the people that i am teamed up with when they are away from me.I can easily see the random other people in the world because their names show up bright green, but the people on my team names are too dark and faded out.
    Yes please!

A toggled bread crumb trail might come in handy here! XD
  • z33n4z33n4 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kattfisken wrote: »
    Something more i would like to see added is the ability to sell all junk items at a vendor with a single Button click. So you don't have to go through the bags selling 1 item at the time :)
    Please!

And we need to be able to sort the queue and the auctioneer items by name/type/level and name/starting bid/buyout respectively.

Thank you!
  • undercasundercas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Cannot equip a dagger to second hand from my inventory, first have to go to character sheet to remove my second weapon and than go back to my inventory to equip the one I want there. Maybe there is an easyer way to do this, but I haven't found it.

Issue 2: when playing with a friend in a party, you do not go to the same "layer"of an area when going out of a dungeon for example.
    Detail: So everytime we left some area, one of us had to go out of the area and go in it again, to get in to the same layer and see each other.
  • parfooparfoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi i have not got to play the game much ... however i have picked up on a few things..... first of all my game keeps frezzing for short amounts of time in battles this make me unable to fight..... the instances of world is not clear enough when you party up as people did not notice they were in a diffrent instance. i seen people doing push ups not sure how to do this myself...... im liking the idea of chat however with xbox and its recent problems with chat it would be nice to see your own mic so you know if you are talking as i was unsure if people could hear me it was only when they spoke back i knew. i will play more later tonight if the beta is still running also would like a code for a friend please lol
  • odimeerodimeer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: opening questline sound.
    Details: the sound levels on the speech is set way to high and there is mild distortion as well as squelch
  • odimeerodimeer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Issue: Warlocks Shadow step abillity
    Details: if you used up the ability it continued to stay toggled on as it recharged unless you stood absolutely still. so if you kept moving as soon as the recharge would allow you to use it it would activate even if you didn't push the left stick in.