Install Arc
Options

Stop crapping on Clerics and HEAL yourself already

2»

Comments

• Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am a Righteous DO, so yes I do dps and buffs/debuffs. And I do it really well. When I do my job correctly there isn't a need to throw heals. I can and do hold my own and support others quite well, thank you very much. What I won't do is chase after that one player who just can not wait for the rest of the party and tries to solo it themselves. I've been seeing this with more frequency lately. Am I going to chase after someone and doesn't care about the rest the party, or am I staying with the rest of the party increasing all of our chances of living? Not that hard to figure out really.

And for the love of whatever you pray to, STOP telling people how to play their class/game. I play several classes and know their mechanics...and yet you don't see me telling people how to play them.

Agreed!

You at least appear to know what you are doing, but there are people here who "think" they know how to play every class to perfection and love to tell others about it.

And I know for a fact there are several "Leeroy Jenkins" fools out there who run away from the group, deep into mobs thinking a cleric can save them. Let them die. if they complain, tell them to stop acting like Leeroy Jenkins and they will live.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Agreed!

You at least appear to know what you are doing, but there are people here who "think" they know how to play every class to perfection and love to tell others about it.

And I know for a fact there are several "Leeroy Jenkins" fools out there who run away from the group, deep into mobs thinking a cleric can save them. Let them die. if they complain, tell them to stop acting like Leeroy Jenkins and they will live.

Just remember some of them can do it and live no problem.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    You are just tradeing control (which most cw's dont use)

How on Toril can a CW play without using control? He'd have to load out CoI, RoE, Shield, and Sudden Storm ( but only if he doesn't have chilling control). I'd wager that no level 60 CW, has ever loaded out just those powers in PvE. Our best damage spells, are also our best control spells (except Sudden Storm).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Just remember some of them can do it and live no problem.

But they're probably not the same ones who then whine and moan about how the cleric failed to save them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ha ha, I think this is one of the rare times where I'd love to see a like button on forum posts. lol Some of these responses are awesome!

Thankfully the reaction that this idiot showed very rarely happens here in NW. I think it only really threw me off was the intensity, stupidity and duration of the fit . eg "I stood there surrounded by mobs and waited for you to heal me", "You aren't gonna last long here, no one will want to party with you if you don't heal", "**** off and go play PVP if you don't heal". Really?? lol
    And of course my own thoughts of, how the heck have you gotten this far in this game without figuring this all out yet? lol

Thanks to those understanding what I was saying.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have to say you're wrong on cw's not using control. It's rare to not see a CW using IT and ST at the very least.

that is a good point, maybe i am wrong with CW's not using control.
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's one thing that you run off half-prepared into situations, throwing everyone in the party into the midst of mob madness...not just once, not twice but every single time. Then you have the audacity to scream and throw a fit that you died because the cleric didn't heal you? Are you for real?
    Just because there is a Cleric in your party, does not mean you suddenly get to become immortally stupid. If mobs are on you, chances are they are on the cleric too. Allow the cleric the chance to keep themselves alive so they can actually get to you and heal you. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take a dayum potion. It's not that hard of a concept to understand!

And if you are still complaining ask yourself the following questions
    1. what would I have done if the cleric wasn't there?
    2. Do I realize that the cleric is not the messiah?
    3. Am I aware that clerics do other sorta amazing things aside from healing?

Lol. Who did make you angry :)
    By the way you are right, but for thirth one i have some thoughts, i have a word to clercis that try to play only dps. DON'T!

Please, please, change your class if you only want to play as a dps character with cleric.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    It's quite difficult for a DC to "only" DPS without inadvertently buffing and even providing some heals. Kinda nice, really.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's quite difficult for a DC to "only" DPS without inadvertently buffing and even providing some heals. Kinda nice, really.

Exactly ;)
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    But they're probably not the same ones who then whine and moan about how the cleric failed to save them.

Only if the DC is a friend and knows, that you are dropping BS on him. But be aware of PuG runs. Two friends of mine ran ESOT, one of them on his fury SW, leading paingiver by miles and still complaining, that his rota did not work as planned, so the other one initiated a votekick for 'low dps'. The SW did more dmg, than the 3 PuGs combined and got kicked anyway. We laughed so hard, that he did not mind getting kicked, but anyway, if the guys belittleing each other are in the same guild, it is most likely fun, if a random players is giving you BS, it is another story.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'll go out on a limb and say that no DC slots powers that only do damage. When I slot powers that do nothing but heal, they're never needed. I end up using only 2 encounters. Maybe that's because I only group with competent players. Astral Seal is generally all I need.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lyaise wrote: »
    Cleric - you should not heal - your AS causes lag. I will also have to check if Clerics posting here add to this lag. If so, then the class will have to be banned from the forum for the good of the game. That is all.

People need to stop saying this. It is simply not true. Clerics are not the scape goat for lag.
  • Options
    dkodudedkodude Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ceta wrote: »
    Love these childish rants. Especially when they are like this one here. In a party in a dungeon. a GF is dependent on the cleric. Learn your heals better then people wont kick or get upset with you. My girl has her cleric. When she plays she gets compliments. But when i Play it I get hate messages and booted out of parties... Why you may ask. Because i have the same issue as you do. I totally suck at cleric. I rather be the guardian fighter. So, My best advice to you. Learn the cleric roll better. It sucks having a bad cleric. Parties are so dependent on them for healing. If you have a dps cleric, you have made a mistake. respect fast LOL

These aren't childish rants. I am a cleric and have been told by many great players that I have been the best they've seen. Yet I still want to rant like this. No matter how good you are, you are never good enough to keep people alive all the time. The cleric cannot heal like in other MMO's. I can keep people alive, but when they cowboy all by themselves then you have to choose to either 1) Stick with the group and keep the GROUP alive or 2) chase after nincompoop. I choose the former. Everyone needs to learn how the Cleric class works. Yes the party depends on the cleric, but the cleric depends on the WHOLE party. The group has to gets mobs off the cleric. I'm pretty good at kiting, but everyone need to understand how they work.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    berhudarol wrote: »
    Lol. Who did make you angry :)
    By the way you are right, but for thirth one i have some thoughts, i have a word to clercis that try to play only dps. DON'T!

Please, please, change your class if you only want to play as a dps character with cleric.

You couldn't be farther off, from the reality.

---
    -snip-

Monalisa, do not listen to the guys trying to tell you, how to play your class. They are stuck in the holy trinity bubble, even though there is no such thing, in Neverwinter. You benefit a party way more by debuffing and dealing damage than healing. In fact, i love Clerics who actually understand that they are not a field medic.

You can choose between three specs and it is your personal freedom of choice, which route you may want to go.

---
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    People need to stop saying this. It is simply not true. Clerics are not the scape goat for lag.

After multiple tests on three different computers, in dungeons aswell as on the overworld map(s), i have to disagree. As soon as AS is laid, i get insane lag no matter how good my hardware is.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Casts detect sarcasm.

(Lyaise is a cleric player.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am a Righteous DO, so yes I do dps and buffs/debuffs. And I do it really well. When I do my job correctly there isn't a need to throw heals. I can and do hold my own and support others quite well, thank you very much. What I won't do is chase after that one player who just can not wait for the rest of the party and tries to solo it themselves. I've been seeing this with more frequency lately. Am I going to chase after someone and doesn't care about the rest the party, or am I staying with the rest of the party increasing all of our chances of living? Not that hard to figure out really.

And for the love of whatever you pray to, STOP telling people how to play their class/game. I play several classes and know their mechanics...and yet you don't see me telling people how to play them.

This right here.

When I play a healer, on any MMO, I don't do DPS. I strictly stick to healing. When I lead a party, I prefer that the healers to stick to healing, so they don't draw aggro. Of course, on most MMO's, healers are pretty squishy, and they die quick if their team doesn't keep the mobs off them. This is one reason that, when I played a Hunter on WoW, I used to always hang back where I could see the healer and my target at the same time. If anyone broke loose from the tank's control, I could pick them off before the healer got into trouble.

This is one place I think dual-specialization would be a great help. When playing solo, a player would choose a skill tree that focuses on a balance of offense and defense. When playing in a group, a player can go all-out on offense, defense, or healing. Personally, I will switch out my equipped skills when entering a dungeon, so that I can provide support for the team, rather than the mix of roles I'm forced to play while solo. Unfortunately, the way dungeon groups tend to just run off into the fight leaves me very little time to set up my powers. I definitely think a Ready Check should be standard before everyone runs off.

I guess the real issue this highlights is the lack of team play: people tend to just run off and do their own thing; I almost never see a party leader stop and ask questions or recommend a strategy. The last time I tried to help another Hunter, he acted like I was the idiot, even though he was dying first and kept getting the whole team wiped. (He finally got booted, and we beat the boss in no time with his replacement.)

If people would slow down and communicate, I think group play would be a lot more fun. This is one reason I try to get established groups together, but I'm such an on and off-again player that it's hard to get a regular group going.
  • Options
    drtardisdrtardis Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kangkeok wrote: »
    Also another advice for HR..if u accidentaly pull some mob which is more than u can handle from the party..pls run back to the group..so i can focus my heal at that particular area, instead of split heal till everbody is dead.

The best advice I ever got was this: if you pull agro, don't run away from the group. Run straight for the tank. If he's doing his job, he's generating massive threat and forcing the mobs to concentrate on him. So if you run past the tank with that big mob chasing you, chances are the mob will switch back to the tank, and you can go back to plinking from 20' away.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Casts detect sarcasm.

(Lyaise is a cleric player.)

Sarcasm or not people believe it. As evident by the post directly above yours.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've seen good dps clerics destroy CW's since the DC changes. Blew my mind when I first came back. DC's can do a lot of dps while buffing and debuffing now. And they still provide some healing.

cw and dps DC are about the same dps wise currently. You are just tradeing control (which most cw's dont use) vs heals and debuffs. I'll take the DC 10/10 times.

I'm not buying this, no good CW is going to be outDPSd be a DC, even with the mod 5 changes. Not gonna happen.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    A very good DC could actually out-DPS a very bad CW prior to the rework... which was always amusing.

If you're pugging, all bets are off.

(No, not a good CW... a BAD one.)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not buying this, no good CW is going to be outDPSd be a DC, even with the mod 5 changes. Not gonna happen.
    To be honest I'm not sure on gear levels when I saw it happen, the CW was using appropriate skills however I could tell. It was a MC pug when I came back before christmas that I saw it happen in.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I actually know a particular dc who will do just that, if you are willing to do a run with them the add me in game and tomorrow we can set up a controlled environment where you can both parse each others damage on act. I guarantee you, the dc will have a higher dps.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    My DC has outdamaged many wizards, but probably not good wizards. I know my CW would destroy my DC in such a contest. My DC debuffs for more, especially since he's using my CWs GPF.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Stop fighting on top of the clerics!
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Wow, much elitism in this thread.

"Oh, you need healing in this game? Mind blown. *insert more uppity snarkiness*''

Did any of you notice the OP's join date? November 2014. Chances are he isn't a 24k BiS Oros-man that is running around with other Oros-men.

There are still low end 60s running around in this game, you know. You don't hit 60 and get BiS gear from Knox.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    This thread's done. We're not going to have threads like this, especially ones telling others how they should or should not play.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.