test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: The Drowned Shore

Comments

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had problems with a few lairs taking forever to load too. I had a similar problem with the Water Node quest in the zone. I had to exit it and re-enter the lair to get Fathom the you need to talk to at the end to appear, but maybe that was because I pulled the boss back to the campfire to kill her. And I guess that is the last yellow quest available at the moment, as I did not get another quest after it.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015

With the quests appearing hourly instead of daily, you might want to seriously consider lowering the XP reward. Otherwise, we'll be blowing through to level 63 in no time whatsoever. Shouldn't it take some time to get to 70? Otherwise, a week after mod 6 comes out everyone will be 70 and be wondering what to do then. Personally, I would drop the XP reward by a factor of 5. I would also make this zone less heavily populated with monsters, make it a 61-62 level zone, and add another leveling zone for 63-64, etc.

A couple of other suggestions:

1. In WoD you showed that it's possible to transition somewhat seamlessly from day to night. I would experiment with that here, over a much longer time scale of course. Further, at night, the zone should present greater hazards (and possibly greater rewards). In another time and place I remember a certain forest where some *seriously* powerful undead only emerged at night... Just some food for thought.

2. Like all the other zones in the game, I think mob placement is far too static. Please consider making extensive use of pathing patrols, especially randomizing them. One reason that content gets boring is because it becomes too predictable. I would also suggest making certain critters (randomly chosen) either be more powerful or have different powers than usual.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Soulbinder Healock

Soul Sparks keep showing proccing text after reaching 30 sparks (unneccessary as you can only max at 30). Critical hit lesser curse has an amusing effect on enemies as a Soul binder (have not checked with HB). Enemies grunt in pain multiple times because lesser curse is crit and proc's soul sparks. Sound made from enemy basically goes like this, "hrn-hrn-hrn-hrn-hrn" x infinity.

Lesser curse does not kill enemies after reaching 1 HP. (Possibly does no damage at all; will have to check this again.)

Revelry recycles level up FX package to indicate its proc. Massive flashing lights + angel music are seriously distracting, especially with one who can proc it often. The lightning flash is awesome, but needs to be severely less obtrusive. Music needs to be cut out and only use lightning sound effect (also not so loud either).

Soulbinder is so much fun. Soul sparks are properly building faster, despite bugs mentioned.

Revelry feat was much needed (Question: Is this suppose to proc on all including self or just other party members?)

The bottom left feature (forget what it's called) is for DOT-heavy builds for sure. Just for fun, I ran with BoVA, SS, IS, the aforementioned curse class feature, soul spark heal class feature, set up all my feats for any curse procs (most deal with lesser curse) and team buffs/enemy dmg debuffs, including BoVA. I've taken every mob on the map with relative ease, mostly in small numbers (like 6), by myself up to and including lvl63 mobs without dying. I tab-curse a few guys, kick on IS and run at them then starting BoVA. Within 3-4 sec soulsparks are max'd, and while BoVA and IS are both on cooldown, I zap everything with SS if my health isn't hurting. Not the most logical setup but it's great having every possible DOT SWs can have minus hellish rebuke. I wouldn't recommend this for a serious bout, but it's fun to see lesser curse actually being useful. I've not been a fan of lesser curse, but a crit proc'd lesser curse ='s quick soul sparks to zap with/tank.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This zone is nothing but a major bummer. If this zone by any means reflects what further content M6 will introduce... well, I don't have words to express the disappointment I'm preparing myself for. Could you really not come up with a new map? Use the theme, models, textures if you have to - but a 1:1 copy of an already existing one? No, just no. I'm not going to address enemy models, etc since you already mentioned these are far from final. I REALLY hope the map is as well.

Sadly I don't recall the quest name, but at one point you are granted a quest that leads you into the ruins in the north west of the map to burn down enemy supplies and ballistas. Upon successfully destroying the needed amount the quest markers didn't vanish.
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bug : crabs
    crabs are immune to divine daunting light.

level 59 equipment from a lvl 63 heroic encounter?
    the crab boss does a freaking fire attack but without any sign : intended ( as i love it makes it hard) or should you implement a red zone?

those things are nice
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Quest: Shock Troops
    There is an extra comma in the quest text:...maintain this foothold against another attack <,> from the humanoids, but if you were to reduce...
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015

The location of the "Drowned Shore" on the worldmap looks bad. "Blackdagger Keep" and the "Drowned Shore" overlap. Solution:

When you click on the icon it zooms in and you get to choose. Or create a pop up letting you choose
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mobs have way to low hp i think their hp should scale up a lot , zone could use some new arts ,caves are just horrible looking they need to be redone or a lot of stuff should be added in them

il update this with more things as i notice it
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The quests don't seem to flow very well. There is a lot of running back and forth. Just over an hour in, and I'm already getting bored. It's like "Here, go run inside this mine and kill something, and then come back and turn in the quest.... Oh! You know that mine you were just in? Well, you have to go back there again because I forgot to tell you do this while you were in there." Really? Ugh. Oh, and now I'm on a load screen for like 5 minutes so I alt tabbed out to type this up.[/QUOTE]

This. Needful Things and Herbal Malady should be issued at the same time as Shock Troops, so you can accomplish them simultaneously. The quests themselves aren't a problem, but having to go right back to the place you just left is poor pacing.

EDIT: removed parts of quote to which I was not responding
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why do you keep calling it the drowned shore? its blackdagger ruins with some higher level mobs tossed about. seems a bit lazy to me. and really? hourly quests? not only are we looking at an area we have already played we have to do the same quests ad nauseum with a bunch of higher level palette swaps. its like taking valindra changing the color of her rags upping her HP and trying to pass her off as "the mummy queen" or somthing. If we are looking at just a maaco paint job of previous areas. its gonna be really disappointing.
    I mean look sharandar... beautiful area lots of diversity
    dread ring....multi-tiered thayan and undead playground
    Icewind Dale.... a winter wonderland AND a new city to hang out in
    and then tyranny of dragons... a bland square sandbox with thayans and cultist sprinkled about
    and now this? are the devs losing interest in this game? do they just not want to do Neverwinter Online anymore? it seriously makes me wonder
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If people would actually READ they would get that the enemies' costumes aren't final, they're just temporary while they get the real ones.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ok so the palate swaps are gonna change to somthing else ... it still doesnt change that you are playing in blackdagger ruins. if people would READ what I said and understand it insteacd of going HA HA you got one thing wrong your whole argument is invalid. my actual point was the areas are getting less and less imaginative like what I said about the tyranny area you mean to tell me those werent palatte swaps in a big square sandbox? was that temporary? no it went live
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if you haven't noticed, maps of the mini-dungeons have been re-used since mod 4 started. Them doing it on area maps is just more noticeable is all. I would highly appreciate some imagination on the area maps at least though. People like new and adventurous.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015

1. I really like the visual effects of some new enemies, especially the aoe attack of the Green Hags. Looks pretty cool :)

2. I noticed that the Scrags (if I remember the name correctly) seem to have very long cooldowns on their attacks. They attack me once and then they are just standing there doing nothing. Most of the time I get hit by them only 2 times before they die (sometimes even just 1 time) - and I don't one-shot them as a healer DC ;) More attacks from these enemies would be nice.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug:
    Shadow of demise - I can't get it to proc properly. If I make a stealthed aoe attack, sometimes it won't proc on all targets struck by it. Also, on the live server, it procs on any enemy in the smoke (smoke bomb) if I stealth (wai?), but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Elemental water sealed container - Although these are very nice, and I hope they make it to the live server on release day, instead of giving lesser union stone as the only refinement stone, maybe have it be a random choice between all the lesser stones, including resonance.

*edit:
    Fixed some grammatical errors.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• thilidrichbthilidrichb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In my belives they should not be weaker then the ones we get on Tiamat or Epic SOT.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In my belives they should not be weaker then the ones we get on Tiamat or Epic SOT.

They are not weaker, the elite mobs in dungeons just scale to a party size of 5.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. the zone setup is very drawn out and confusing. Feels like a time sink and when I say that I mean it in the way that does not make me want to replay it. I'm not saying it needs to be linear but I personally am not feeling the S'ish pattern. Might be nice to have a larger open area for HE's around campfire 13 and than a shortcut path to area 17. Raven Cliff Beach. Could even be something that opens up and unlocks after you complete a quest.

2. Maybe I missed this but the Exp on these quests seems ridiculously low. 2.5k and 5k? These need to be adjusted. Even with the $40 exp booster, leveling seems tedious. And this game isnt really know for its leveling grind so why start now.

Is it possible to increase the timer on HE's at least for PTR. I swear I am not seeing some of the HE's even pop and map is empty half the time. Maybe it even needs to be adjusted on live for when this content dies out.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    Why do you keep calling it the drowned shore? its blackdagger ruins with some higher level mobs tossed about. seems a bit lazy to me. and really? hourly quests? not only are we looking at an area we have already played we have to do the same quests ad nauseum with a bunch of higher level palette swaps. its like taking valindra changing the color of her rags upping her HP and trying to pass her off as "the mummy queen" or somthing. If we are looking at just a maaco paint job of previous areas. its gonna be really disappointing.
    I mean look sharandar... beautiful area lots of diversity
    dread ring....multi-tiered thayan and undead playground
    Icewind Dale.... a winter wonderland AND a new city to hang out in
    and then tyranny of dragons... a bland square sandbox with thayans and cultist sprinkled about
    and now this? are the devs losing interest in this game? do they just not want to do Neverwinter Online anymore? it seriously makes me wonder

I agree, something off about it and it seems they had quite a bit of time to develop it. So why not something with brand new textures and feel. Regardless of its location near blackdagger, it doesnt feel very drowned or shorelike to me. I still like running through Dread Ring and IWD. ToD not so much. I would agree it seems the devs either lost interest or have some other pressure that stops them from really putting the effort into the content.

The mummy queen comment made me roffel hard.

Suggestion: I feel the mobs are just way too easy still. Can we get these guys to swing a bit faster and harder. I mean they just stand there gawking and deciding if they will fire that encounter again. We are moving to level 70 so the excuse of if we make it to hard people won't play doesn't really seem to hold water here.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Invoking provides the additional experience, the daily celestial and ardent coins, but it does not provide the small AD in 3 increments.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Invoking provides the additional experience, the daily celestial and ardent coins, but it does not provide the small AD in 3 increments.

I invoked twice on my test character and did get my 1000 and 665AD. More details? My first invoke was in PE (iirc) but the second was definitely at the Drowned Shore right before I logged off.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2015
    This might not be intentional in any way, but I used to play Titan Quest a lot, and the Drowned Shore makes me think of getting into the expansion there: "I just practically killed a god and now I'm reducing to fighting crabs on a beach".

Neverwinter Census 2017

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I invoked twice on my test character and did get my 1000 and 665AD. More details? My first invoke was in PE (iirc) but the second was definitely at the Drowned Shore right before I logged off.

Bug: Additional details: I am at the second campfire in drowned shore and level 62. I do not receive the invoking AD. I even checked my raw AD to make sure it is not merely a pop-up window problem. I had the same amount of unrefined AD before and after my invoke. The same error appeared on my 2nd and 3rd invokes as well.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The most crucial aspect of the new zone is the unfortunate recycling of an area already visited hundreds of times. So many players wait in agony for the new module and to everyone's dissapointment its placed in the Blackdagger ruins area. There is no point discussing feedback if the main concept, the new zone, is already in desperate need of change. If this recycling is used to shift developing resources into making new Dungeons, with a capital D, and not small skirmish-like maps, it could be justified. Else it is not an acceptable game progression but a huge dissapointment. Since i am supporting this game from early beta I m positive that my opinion's points represent the vast majority of the already established player base and it should be taken into serious consideration.
    edited January 2015
    Bug: Additional details: I am at the second campfire in drowned shore and level 62. I do not receive the invoking AD. I even checked my raw AD to make sure it is not merely a pop-up window problem. I had the same amount of unrefined AD before and after my invoke. The same error appeared on my 2nd and 3rd invokes as well.

I was at the first campfire, right where you come in. Second campfire is the one in the ruined tower? It's the caravan camp base in Blackdagger. Could be a problem tied to the fire itself.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Some of these have been said many times, others... not so much:
    • This zone is /way/ too cramped. Spread things out a bit, more space, open spots up a bit
    • Exact replica of Blackdagger ruins, much disappointment to be found there
    • There are no "Zone Contests" or whatever you want to call it. For example, the quickling slaying contest in Sharandar, the Slave freeing one in Dread Ring, and the Mushroom Gathering one in Ebon Downs. Let's see something like that in this zone. Also, vamp up the rewards for it, make it /worth/ participating in. Now that rank 5 enchantments drop from every mob and heroic encounter, the rewards for such a contest should be at least 4 rank 5 enchantments, if not something better, like a Black Opal, or Flawless Sapphire. Something that motivates people to participate and try to win
    • Lower the population cap per instance, 40 people makes it hard to get to a heroic encounter before it is defeated. Maybe 25-30 would suffice?
    • Not sure how I feel about those instanced caves, it just feels... strange?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Heroic Encounter Cultist Ambush

At (600, 875) on the map of the Drowned Shore there is an HE called Cultist Ambush which frequently bugs. You can just stand there for several minutes and no cultists spawn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    Should probably change the merchants' names in addition of those of the horses. We are quite far from Icewind Pass.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Quest: Attack on Blackdagger Keep

Even after completing the quest objectives, blue quest markers still show on the map (mini and full map) and the sparkle trail keeps leading to them rather than back to the Xalliana (quest master).
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • agcdphagcdph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Drowned Shore quests are using the same dungeons with the same monster in the same place over and over and over. It is getting tedious and monotonous already and I am only ½ way to level 62. It seems almost the lazy way to put in as much content with the least amount of work possible. I am all for reusing dungeon maps, you do it regularly, but change the placement of monster or what is in the dungeon each time. Or put all the encounters in 1 mine together as a set and do them all at once.
This discussion has been closed.