test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Revisiting RP now that the imp portals are gone

katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
For those of you who haven't seen today's patch notes, they removed portals from the foundry

This means the players will no longer be able to to get RP in the foundry. With this change, bots would no longer be able to farm RP using Hoard/Fey enchantments in the foundry. But why is RP still bound then?

There is no longer any reason to make RP bound... so unbind it? Please?

Let's put it this way. You're going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off plenty of players with this portal change. Give them something to be happy about instead.
dulopa4e1d9.png
|| Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iwontpostderpiwontpostderp Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I agree wholeheartedly, now that they removed the issue, they should unbind the drops.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They should do something! Unbind drops, increase droprate or maybe reduce rp cost - anything that would make refining reasonable.

However I'd like to notice that today's patch changes nothing since you still can
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I didn't know this was an issue until today. All of the "anti-bot" measures, most particularly nerfed drop rates and the professions delay only harm the regular playerbase who have lives outside of the game.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've never set foot in a portal farm foundry, but I am quite put out on behalf of the authors who were using these assets in legitimate and creative ways.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've never set foot in a portal farm foundry, but I am quite put out on behalf of the authors who were using these assets in legitimate and creative ways.

I have only seen one 1 portal in a foundry quest...

I did not even know this was an issue...

Oh Well
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I didn't know this was an issue until today. All of the "anti-bot" measures, most particularly nerfed drop rates and the professions delay only harm the regular playerbase who have lives outside of the game.

I agree 100%.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've seen a lot of those, still I don't think it was a problem - with ridiculous drop rate I'd say it was the only chance for an average player to refine his/her arti gear to legendary or even epic. You could farm rp much faster there than anywhere outside the foundry.

As usual, bots will find the way, and living players will suffer. But fear not, just check the foundry list tomorrow for new farms, since there are at least 2 ways to do them still.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just think that removing the asset altogether is an attempt to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. Not only does the fly just buzz off elsewhere, whatever you actually hit is all smashed and broken.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the removal to combat 'botting' is just an excuse. I'll keep it to a minimum but its hardly combating anything, dont kid yourself. I guess the good side is rank 5's drop like candy atm on PTR. While not RP for artifacts gear, it is good for artifacts and enchants.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • Options
    bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    People are still able to put tons of zombie minions on a map - should they remove adding minions next? That was a crude way to solve a problem and that is pretty clear. Instead they could removed drop rate on summons.

Maybe there should be a group of people with ability to validate foundry maps before enchantments could work? If validation is given to exploit map the person loses the ability to validate. Problem solved.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bjanu wrote: »
    People are still able to put tons of zombie minions on a map - should they remove adding minions next? That was a crude way to solve a problem and that is pretty clear. Instead they could removed drop rate on summons.

Don't forget to remove witherers as well, they're weak low damage mobs that can be used to create a farm.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I agree 100%.

I could care less what the bots do or dont do..

What I do care about this the following...

There simply isnt enough group content that regular drops RP, cooldown is to high on them and Refinement point cost is way to high.

They continue to refuse to listen to the playerbase in this matter, so kudos for them, with thier 15 mins queue waits and lack of pve content to worth logging in for.

This game is basically a grind your own RPs by yourself game. Its the most boring type of MMO at the moment.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ^^^^That. In this Mod I have done about a dozen delves specifically to test the comparative effectiveness of a new build with a high GS/ high skill party. At this point Neverwinter is a single-player MMO. There is no group content and no Tia does not count. It's going to be 20 minutes most of which is spent following a plan that everyone knows. Socialization/ communication is someone typing 2-5 words in /say and a 'GG all' at the end if you are lucky.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Complaining because the exploit quests aren't available anymore is missing the point.
    That kind of thing is NOT WHAT FOUNDRY IS FOR. It's against the EULA, and is blatant cheating.

The issue isn't that the exploit quests are gone. The issues are:
    1) Refining still has issues that are severe enough for people to want to break the rules to get around it.
    2) Removing the asset instead of removing the exploit quests and their authors punishes everyone, including authors who were using that asset in legitimate ways.

They have flat-out stated that farm foundries are against the EULA. Stop complaining about them being removed. They should have been removed long ago, and the ones that were removed are only a drop in the abusive exploit quest bucket.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Don't forget to remove witherers as well, they're weak low damage mobs that can be used to create a farm.

...and Imps
    ...and Spiderlings
    ...and Frost Goblin Cutters
    ...and Goblin Cutters
    ...and Intellect Devourers
    ...and Thrall Miners
    ...and Kobold Minions
    ...and Wererat Minions
    ...and Rotter Zombies
    ...and Skeleton Archers
  • Options
    serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ................................They have flat-out stated that farm foundries are against the EULA. Stop complaining about them being removed. They should have been removed long ago, and the ones that were removed are only a drop in the abusive exploit quest bucket.

Not entirely true... just two days ago I read in a post by one of the Moderators on another thread- may have been Zeb, that said "....Keep in mind that a farming foundry is not a direct ToS violation....".

The quest/encounter becomes exploitative when it is designed in a way that traps or corrals the monsters, or keeps them at a distance, with no path to allow them to fight back against the player. That's the specific cheat that's pissing them off. People can still make foundries with encounters/creatures other than the imp portal that can be spawned and farmed, folks are just going to have to do it the old fashioned way, and stand there and take some damage, and stay at their keyboard to put in the farm time if they choose. Foundry quests that are made abiding by the rules will still be able to be created, published, reviewed, and farmed.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not entirely true... just two days ago I read in a post by one of the Moderators on another thread- may have been Zeb, that said "....Keep in mind that a farming foundry is not a direct ToS violation....".

The quest/encounter becomes exploitative when it is designed in a way that traps or corrals the monsters, or keeps them at a distance, with no path to allow them to fight back against the player. That's the specific cheat that's pissing them off. People can still make foundries with encounters/creatures other than the imp portal that can be spawned and farmed, folks are just going to have to do it the old fashioned way, and stand there and take some damage, and stay at their keyboard to put in the farm time if they choose. Foundry quests that are made abiding by the rules will still be able to be created, published, reviewed, and farmed.

Do you really think that the exploiters won't end up just botting those as well? That's the main problem. It didn't solve any exploit/botting issue. Instead it just shifted things around and hurt legit authors who now will have to go back and fix their foundries. That's the problem, it fixed no issues, and hurt legit authors. That's not a successful strategy in dealing with an exploit. This doesn't even get into the fact that the rp system systematically moves players into either buying zen for gear or botting as legit play will not allow them to level their gear in a reasonable timeframe. So failure in dealing with the exploit and failure in dealing with the root cause. That's why people are upset.
  • Options
    sweetpwnysweetpwny Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2015
    Putting refinement on the zen store was a bad idea. Those blood rudies wouldnt even put a dent in refining for how much the average consumer is willing to pay. Coalescent wards are ridiculous to obtain now.
  • Options
    serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus, I also agree with everything you said- but I'm not certain where you're aiming at me with this. It's like you're trying to make it sound like I'm defending exploiting botters... Of course people are going to try to bot. Everything that they can- a natural and unavoidable by-product of the RolePlaying MMO machine. And yes, the Game creators ARE totally working towards pinning everyone to have to acquire RP from the ZM. It's as plain as a punch in the face- after all, it's a business.

What I was getting at, is that 'farming' in and of itself, does not directly and irrefutably EQUAL 'exploiting'. In moderator's own words. People are always gonna farm. And farming can be done legitimately. But if it comes down to martial law in the Foundry- to the point that 'Farming' and 'Exploit' become unarguably one and the same in the eyes of the devs, the only way to truly stop it would be decommissioning the foundry altogether- How can people make quests that function if there's going to be lists of restrictions for assets that aren't able to be used? Killing off the foundry, which is a huge, fun part of the game, would destroy Neverwinter online.

With the changes and constrictions they've made on us to date- They're already way past the point where they should be worried for the future playerbase of this game, and its longevity. Serious division is already occurring into "The 'Haves' and the 'Have-nots', with those in the middle steadily jumping ship. The Have-nots won't be long for it either. The darkness in what was once my fairly decent Friends List directly reflects this to me over the past several months.

This entire game centers around refinement- It's the star providing the light, and the nurture. The more difficult they make it for people, the more people who just can't swing it will give up.

They HAVE to find better ways than the totalitarian measures they've been taking that punish everyone under one blanket.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Keep this thread alive. How dev's plan to let us lvl up our gear?

Maybe some feedback from them?

hehehe, joking.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In mod 6 drops are changed from lvl4 to lvl 5. That means 4x RP rate. I don't know if they will change max enchantment level to 12, but right now on preview lvl10 give you 400 instead of 300, and you can't upgrade them anymore. Blue Mark of Potency will also drop as reward for HEs
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let them just remove RP drops from the game at all (only ZM) - and problem is solved.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Shade, how is problem solved? That would make things worse. They should lower the RP need to upgrade artifacts.
  • Options
    wowowowowowowowowowo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, what's next, 2hours ICD on hoards ... ?

**** this RP ****, really, this is more than ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It is solved that the only way to get RP is a legitimate way - buy them in Zen shop.
    No need to worry about bots farming Foundries or bot farming RP at all.
    Foundry enthusiasts can use any means available and their fantsy won't be limited by some artificial obstacles.
    People will finally start investing money in refining their artifacts (using blood rubies).
    Those who have legendaries will truly have the real advantage (as they should for investing in the game); the rest - by envying them - will be gently drawn to the idea to invest more as well. Cryptic will get good revenues.
    Everyone happy :)
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    shadevp wrote: »
    It is solved that the only way to get RP is a legitimate way - buy them in Zen shop.
    No need to worry about bots farming Foundries or bot farming RP at all.
    Foundry enthusiasts can use any means available and their fantsy won't be limited by some artificial obstacles.
    People will finally start investing money in refining their artifacts (using blood rubies).
    Those who have legendaries will truly have the real advantage (as they should for investing in the game); the rest - by envying them - will be gently drawn to the idea to invest more as well. Cryptic will get good revenues.
    Everyone happy :)

Those that already have legendaries...however and didn't have to buy all those blood rubies means new players will never catch up.

You do realize it would cost thousands of dollars if people were to have to buy only from the zen market? So...is this game really worth close to $5,000? Is that really reasonable or is that a rip off? Who sets these prices??
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    sweetpwny wrote: »
    Those that already have legendaries...however and didn't have to buy all those blood rubies means new players will never catch up.

You do realize it would cost thousands of dollars if people were to have to buy only from the zen market? So...is this game really worth close to $5,000? Is that really reasonable or is that a rip off? Who sets these prices??

1st - it is easily remedied - new BIS gear that will make the current legendaries obviously obsolete.

2nd - well. it is a free to play game after all (you pay nothing and no one forces you to spend than much). The company needs to earn money and gamers (who invested) need to have the outcome, to feel that they get something for the money they invest. It's only fair.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @Shade, are you working in Cryptic or what?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @Shade, are you working in Cryptic or what?

What a childish question :/
    I expressed my opinion and explained why.
    If you are not happy with it - it is your right and your problem.