test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old life steal vs New life steal

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After some testing tonight I think the new lifesteal is OK. Still remains to be seen how it'll perform when Im actually pushed by something

My gripe however is with the fact that some basic, free green gear is equal/better than my current.. I remain optimistic tho, will see
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They say that all previous equipment has been changed, but artifact equipment has to be changed in its stats, so what you're seeing now isn't what we will get in live. Your artifact equipment will be better than random lv 61 green gear.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    how does having it heal you much more depending on the amount of enemies you hit, favor all classes, when not all classes have the same AOE capabilities?

My brother,

The statement is a combination phrase and cannot be taken alone.

Let me clarify the above. No matter what you do you gain hp with mod 5 lifesteal. Those who do not have amazing area attacks to gain hp have huge solo attacks that recover and sustain their life points. This is how mod 5 lifesteal benefits all.

In mod 6 the lifesteal will benefit aoe attackers over others exponentially. Why? Because you hit more thus generating more chances to proc a huge lifesteal gain, while the strikers that single target burst do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In mod 5 I don't recover near as much HP as CW with their attacks. So even if it helps everyone, it makes a great difference onw how much it helps. CWs get 100% of their HP recovered with an offensive spell, that is OP.
    Like I said, I don't particularly enjoy another RNG element, but at least they're changing LS to something less OP. We have to give proper feedback so it ends up in a way we all enjoy.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Imagine if combat were similar to the new lifesteal

You Hit (no damage)
    You Hit (no damage)
    You Hit (no damage)
    You Hit (target is killed)

Nerf lifesteal into the ground if you must, but please don't base it on chance.
    If regen/lifesteal are overpowered, nerf them, don't rework them.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Then again.. People were saying they wanted the game to be more challenging. You get what you ask for people...

This is why I like the changes.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Your poll is opiniated, if you want it to be valid remove the 'Love RNG' part

Otherwise it has no meaning

I wanted the game to be more challenging and I got that, I would have removed life steal completely but left regeneration in combat and made some tweaks, but that's just me.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    This poll has built-in bias in how the options are worded. It's like asking

Who will you vote for?
    - Democrats
    - I hate poor people so I'm voting Republican
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    how does having it heal you much more depending on the amount of enemies you hit, favor all classes, when not all classes have the same AOE capabilities?

that is why they should leave old life steal and make it less effective on aoe attacks, for example 1/3 should be ok

as it is in mod6 its still great for smth like CW/SW who does aoe and dots/procs in aoe for some 10~20k hp, he can often use all of the proc, and he hits often enough for life steal to be viable, for GWF its game over, - few slow hits hitting for 300k where 90% of the life steal is wasted simply because GWF doesnt have enough HP, on top of being mostly single target/small aoe reducing the number of targets hit by a ton
    Paladin Master Race
    edited January 2015
    This poll has built-in bias in how the options are worded. It's like asking

Who will you vote for?
    - Democrats
    - I hate poor people so I'm voting Republican

the new life steal is about as much RNG as mod4 artifact belts - didnt get any belts and havent noticed any proc running all the story quests on preview, i dont even see a proc chance at lvl 70 with 1400 life steal
    Paladin Master Race
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    RNG is broken as usual.

OLD LS was overpower. And need to be nerfed like x2 x3.

But new LS is even worse and basically favors AoE multi hit powers.

Double HP pool for players not be one shotted by spike damage, nerf old LS - fixed.
    edited January 2015
    http://youtu.be/ETWf32HDErI <--- mod 5 lifesteal and regen

Mod 5 lifesteal above... fast attacks grant me full hp in combat by the time combat has ended.

Mod 6 lifesteal below... I will be dead if I tried to do the same thing as seen in video 1
    http://youtu.be/0HwZxsBiPeM <-- mod 6 lifesteal and regen

It has gone from super effective to almost non existent. Drastic change...

I am not saying it won't work... it is just different.

Many of use spent time and money investing into REGEN in hopes of combat aid.
    All that we built has been washed away with mod 6.
    Frustrating at the least...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If you are 61+, something is not scaling properly. I went from 14% lifesteal down to 7% and it will only get worse as we get to 70. Some others have reported that as well. The scale is not being gentle on us, either they made it exponentially high and we are getting penalized at the bottom and/or the proper gear has not been released yet to take advantage of the DR change.

Normally it should be pretty gentle the first few levels into the new cap to allow the use of old 60 BiS gear.

Ofc preview has been down so I haven't been able to test my halved LS score but I have a feeling it won't be as useful. However I'm not going to just cry, LS nerf so bad, I can't play this game anymore.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Mod 5 lifesteal above... fast attacks grant me full hp in combat by the time combat has ended.

Mod 6 lifesteal below... I will be dead if I tried to do the same thing as seen in video 1

Darn man, are you losing so much HP on purpose in the 2nd video or are TRs really that bad with the new LS and Regen? I know I pretty much hit killed those two overgrown lizards with them barely putting a dent into my GWF at lvl 60. Remains to be seen how I'll fare at later levels. Would be funny tho, being way stronger at 60 than at 61+ thanks to the crappy STAT curve.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • murthag1990murthag1990 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ls was too op in pve i believe some people in pve cant do every dungeon with the new system thats good in my opinion to make pve more challenging but in pvp it was ok and the fights where at least a bit longer but with the new ls system pvp will get another rnd stat...has any combat hr or sw tested it? thats what i personally not like about the new system. They should keep the old system for pvp and the new for pve or add pve healing depression to the old system.
    Black Turtle TryhartzIV
    Deadpool // HR
    Shakur // Tr
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it's too soon to judge on the LS system since it apparently is majorly flawed. For Lv 60 with the "normal" proc rates it went pretty smooth on Preview. However, once you reached Lv 61+ the proc chance went down to almost not existent rendering the stat almost completely useless. What good is a 100k heal every 99 attacks? Yup. But again. I deem the stat progression to be broken as of now and LS being useful again with future builds.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Unfortunately i must call your video a set up.
    The reason for this man is that you do not used ANY of your encounters versus the adds.Also you did not entered stealth to gain damage .Also you did not used any potion.

You just made a video where you died on purpose.Asking indirectly for LS buff.Actually new LS for DoT/fast strike classes needs a nerf.Just use Duelist Flury with a plaguefire and tell me if you die vs 2 adds.

Regen was nerfed to the ground and Gfs will suffer at Mod6.New LS is OP and actually needs a nerf.
    Multitarget AoE classes (CW) and fast attack/DoT classes like TR/HR/DC will get a buff to their survivability with the new LS.

New LS needs to reduce severity from 100% something like 30-50%.
  • doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I do not beleave the new lifesteal is viable without a drastic increase in chance. And even then, why?

The old lifesteal was what left one still suspectable to spike damage. If Cryptic insists on pushing difficulty like tyranny of dragons, you need to keep the old lifesteal. Because without it, and the current chances, many parties and class combinations will just die outright. Why? Why limit what party can survive with what? I'd like to be able to tank with my sentinel as well as the GF.

Parties should be -harder- without a GF and a cleric, but you have that difficulty allready. Parties consisting of no fighters still wipe -many- times on live. The difficulty cryptic is pushing is established, Changing lifesteal will just make it impossible. CHallenge, is not banging one's head against a brick wall.
    edited January 2015
    Unfortunately i must call your video a set up.
    The reason for this man is that you do not used ANY of your encounters versus the adds.Also you did not entered stealth to gain damage .Also you did not used any potion.

You just made a video where you died on purpose.Asking indirectly for LS buff.Actually new LS for DoT/fast strike classes needs a nerf.Just use Duelist Flury with a plaguefire and tell me if you die vs 2 adds.

Regen was nerfed to the ground and Gfs will suffer at Mod6.New LS is OP and actually needs a nerf.
    Multitarget AoE classes (CW) and fast attack/DoT classes like TR/HR/DC will get a buff to their survivability with the new LS.

New LS needs to reduce severity from 100% something like 30-50%.

Think what you wish....

I gave you actual results.

In my first video you will notice my main attacks are at wills..

In my second video you will notice my main attacks are at wills.

You can compare the life steal from that alone..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think it would be best if they did lifesteal as a multiple of level based healing and not damage dealt. While I certainly don't think every stat should apply to all classes the same in this case I think it is one where it should be.

I also agree with others in that something needs to be done to insure that the best choice to stay alive should not involve gathering up 30 adds to attack with an AE as this is exactly the reason that this change to LS was necessary and as pointed out by others, in the current implementation on preview the only ones that can effectively make use of the new LS are those that were the cause of the changes in the first place.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    looks like I will be ignoring regen and going pure defense/hp build except on rogues who will stack deflect.
  • yukimaru153yukimaru153 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    no, badly thought out encounters negates reason bringing real tank to a dungeon, whats the point of a tank if bosses do low damage, if more bosses were like in esot that can 1shot about anything thats not a blocking GF

if they wanted tank and spank they could have made another boring wowclone with tab targeting, that is why it IS action mmorpg that if you are good enough you can do a lot solo, like Vindictus/TERA where ppl who are really good can solo their level dungeons because they know how to play, and its possible to do that even without life steal since those games are made to be played without life steal and all attacks can be evaded, not like here where homing mob autoattacks hit you for half of your hp

Yea but if soloing is the intent then why play an mmo at all? An fps game would more suit a person with that taste. And in Tera there were things to where a tank was needed. Because 1. there was a hell of a lot less dodges 2. bosses hit waaaaaaaaay harder. 3. A healer was an actual healer, dps was dps, and a tank was a tank. The reason why this game is so twisted is because devs really do listen to people wanting to be and do everything instead of just saying "no, your class does this and only this".

Which is not a bad thing as a whole. But it creates this idea to some that "I should be a dps tank or a dps healer....at the end of the day it all blends together. Everyone is a dps. And its boring. And i doubt the changes to regen, and ls alone will change that. The problem is faaaar deeper than just that alone. But...they still are making changes so who knows what will happen.
  • suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That they are willing to make changes is promising and does show they recognize problems and concerns.
    edited January 2015
    Yea but if soloing is the intent then why play an mmo at all? An fps game would more suit a person with that taste. And in Tera there were things to where a tank was needed. Because 1. there was a hell of a lot less dodges 2. bosses hit waaaaaaaaay harder. 3. A healer was an actual healer, dps was dps, and a tank was a tank. The reason why this game is so twisted is because devs really do listen to people wanting to be and do everything instead of just saying "no, your class does this and only this".

Which is not a bad thing as a whole. But it creates this idea to some that "I should be a dps tank or a dps healer....at the end of the day it all blends together. Everyone is a dps. And its boring. And i doubt the changes to regen, and ls alone will change that. The problem is faaaar deeper than just that alone. But...they still are making changes so who knows what will happen.

i enjoy playing with other ppl, i just dont like having to rely on them, and sometimes i love either to challenge myself or simply doing the content in my own pace

and in tera i didnt need a tank, though i didnt get to endgame because of gameforge, but i did solo a dungeon ~my lvl
    Paladin Master Race
  • doctordarkspawndoctordarkspawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Exept for one thing. The differing specs mean that at the end of the day, we choose what we are.

I play a Sentinel GWF and am leveling a righteous cleric. The current queue system allready limits who we are in the eye's of the party, I dont wanna be limited more because of stupid arbitrary decisions of the game makers, deciding that how they've done survivability, and how we've used it, is all wrong. Without adapting the content -first-.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What i just cant understand is why they dont just remove lifesteal and replace for a stat that will actually work instead of keep in it but making sure it will never proc when u need it. Just replace lifesteal for HP at the classic 4/1 ratio, having LS on a set rigth now is just the devs scaming the players.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    ok im beating a old horse but
    1 a cw has relly only 2 gear sets 1 hv set all dps 0 defence hp
    2 templer set all defence and hp so so dps alos has to much armor pen
    so the way i see it we cant use hv set anymore because tere will be no life steal to back it up so that leaves templer set and its lack luster dps
    hopefully the new sets will be a balanced and a inprovment over last 4 mods sets
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Frankly Im old school, I would be just as happy not to have open queue's. There was a time frame you joined with people you met online and you ran stuff.

Remember those days?

Even in more modern MMOs Ive played a queue was only a enter point, so you didnt have to run to the blasted entrance all the time, it wasnt until like 6-7 years ago I remember these random queue things popping up. I really dont like them, not at all. They were bad ideal then and still bad now, here its bad because it welcomes the worst sort of trolls to enter in, do anything they like and leave when they want. It was bad in the other games, because people would queue and think they could finish things, not relizing the game took actual builds and some gear in consideration to do that (but it was a much tougher game, like new release small group content, would wipe the living heck out of you, with 20 mins kiting runs and stack strategies to survive the first mini boss, then they also gave you a heck of alot better loot options to, so there is that)

There is also a semblance of community when you form groups.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it's simple. I dont like random proc. Period.
    i dont like having 2k lifesteal or whatever stats and only have 4% . it's a joke. the difference between 4% and 0%? is there a difference?
    what s the point of having rank 10-12 or rank 1?
    lets suppose we have 2 characters, the first one with 3 rank 10 for 1200 critical points the second one with 3 rank 1 so lets say 30 critical points.
    well...the rank 10 guy will have 1.5% more critical chance. ye....worth
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the new life steall gives CW and DC an unfair advantage over GF and gwf in the same way crits do ,
    cw and Dc have higher attack speed and more feats /powers that can cause both crits and lifesteal to proc,
    and in pvp that = unfair advantage.
    Both crits and the new lifesteal are broken in pvp for those classes simply becuase GWF does not have the many means of getting procs to both,
    i beleive in pvp crits and new life steal should be made to only proc of at will attacks and that would be fair to all classes then
This discussion has been closed.