test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

High end Enchantment on low level character/weapons for PvP REALLY ?

drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Can PW fix this please sick and tired losing to some TR that does 6k crit (one shot) on a non-geared character like myself (HR) ... i would LOVE to see fair fight match without ANY high level enchantment (put level cap on it) ...
Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
Post edited by drakeos99 on

Comments

• Options
    theevilskeevertheevilskeever Member Posts: 31
    edited January 2015
    That's exactly what killed PvP for me entirely. To make things more fair, simply forcing enchantments and artifacts to be inactive in pre-60 PvP would be nice. Also, PvP players who do this: do not whine afterwards that there's not enough people to play with you at lvl 60. If you discourage new folks from learning the ropes by roflstomping them, don't expect them to join you at the cap.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe they could restrict the rank of enchants you can wear in PVP depending on your level (getting higher as you increase in level, with epics restricted to 60), or restrict GS so that if it's too high you don't get let in. I almost thought of suggesting "Let people with ridiculously high GS for their level only end up in matches with other people with similar GS" but that would increase queue times horribly.

If they leveled the playing field a little, more people would want to do it at lower levels.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    The players who engage in that behavior are generally scrubs who stick to pre-level 60 PvP to pick on the weakest possible victims. They don't play level 60 PvP because they'd get stomped by proper PvP players there.

Can you prove it? Even if you can, it doesn't matter as much, as it won't change a thing. Twinks stomp newbies - no new blood for PvP.
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    imo, lvling weapons with weapon enchantment slot is a bad idea to begin with.

thats just me though.:p
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Can you progress in the PVP campaign at those lower levels?
    I'm wondering if that sort of behaviour is caused by folk trying to hit the various achievements for that campaign.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They already disable companions and potions and everything else. They should disable artifacts and all of it. Force everyone going into PvP to fight mano-e-mano on a level playing field. allowing thinks to come into lower levels doesn't just ruin it, it outright kills it. Star Trek Online finally gave-up and removed the PvP aspect of that game entirely.

Cryptic Neverwinter team should just create a new server that only caters to PvP or something.

I don;t have the answers, only the same frustration as the OP when it comes to this stuff.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We have easy solution.

Just make perfetly balanced sets (and its possible) with no enchants slots, with stats most suitable for specific class. Those sets will replace whatever u r wearing when u r entering pvp.

Done. Whales would probably be done too, but whatever from my pov.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe they could restrict the rank of enchants you can wear in PVP depending on your level (getting higher as you increase in level, with epics restricted to 60), or restrict GS so that if it's too high you don't get let in. I almost thought of suggesting "Let people with ridiculously high GS for their level only end up in matches with other people with similar GS" but that would increase queue times horribly.

If they leveled the playing field a little, more people would want to do it at lower levels.

If they do turn it off, I hope they only do it for pvp. I have a set of enchants and gear I use to speed run leadership alts and I wouldn't want them to mess with that.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To be honest, those who twink aren't always the ones who can't deal with "real" PvPers at lvl 60, they're simply bored. And by the way, I wouldn't even go so far as to say there's such a thing as a "real" PvPer, everyone who ques for PvP is as real to the last, some just display skill, some or none at all ;p
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Star Trek Online finally gave-up and removed the PvP aspect of that game entirely.

Wow, when did that happen? I've not been all that active in STO for many months. It seems a rather bold, if not entirely unexpected, move.
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Star Trek Online finally gave-up and removed the PvP aspect of that game entirely.

Soon they;ll do the same here no worry, there are so few that are pvping atm that they;ll just drop the thing also the foundry.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Just to throw it out there, on MULTIPLE interviews, the PE staff has said that this game and this server will change focus to PVP ... supposedly they are making a killing on PvP on the Russian server and they are looking to cash in on that with this one.... So to those who say that PvP is going to be done away with, I am telling you it is just the opposite. I could go into tons of speculation, but I won't, I will just post what I know to be true and that is that the PM of the game said PvP is the way of the future because it makes them $$$$$$ and lots of it.

To paraphrase screenshot or it didn't happen, source or it didn't happen. I've seen quotes about how pvp is more popular on the russian server from various dev's, but they never said that it would become the focus of the game here. So unless you have proof.....
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »
    Can PW fix this please sick and tired losing to some TR that does 6k crit (one shot) on a non-geared character like myself (HR) ... i would LOVE to see fair fight match without ANY high level enchantment (put level cap on it) ...

I don't want to sound like a rude guy, but even after removing enchantments, TR vs HR won't match fairly. Not in a low level PvP at least. I think having enchantments in pvp was intentional. I personally PvP a lot (CW), and I can see where you are coming from. But this is not something that simple. In order for me to defend myself against TRs, I need serious preparation and play focused. Now.. I feel your pain drakeos. Getting one shotted is not funny at all. But it's not something that can be simply put... "Fix this" like you said. There has to be more than just a fix. Perhaps reduce incoming damage and healing by 50% something like that. In order to balance the PvP, we need more ideas... an idea after serious research.
  • Options
    odd111outodd111out Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's a real motivation to "twink" in the Dominion Champion and Headhunter titles. But running into twinks existed even back in beta. I remember all too well the first time I met a premade at 30-40 in all Rank 10s. Unknowns and good players from large PvP Guilds do it, though I'd say there's more of the later than the former. Most of them are trying out different classes or different feat trees before making the commitment of a level 60 PvP toon.

On one hand, matches can be utter washes. But twinks don't really want that.... can't earn that Dominion Champion title against a team that sits at the campfire for most of the match. And people who twink usually regularly pvp at level 60. I used to twink with one of the IWD Guilds and constantly had to amuse myself after in-match zone insults lead to 1v1 duels. On the other hand, it's hard to have a lot of pity for people under 60 who never run their Artifact quest and are 10-15 levels below the gear available to them.

You could eliminate weapon enchantments. But my HR's Aimed Shot routinely criticaled for 20K before I hit 30. Eliminating my Perfect Terror isn't going to keep a 5k HP TR alive.

Other suggestions :

PvP mounts below 60 that you could buy with gold. Blue and Green mounts, depending on what you were able to pay, that would be yours for say 5 matches. This would keep people with 5 gold white mounts from facing another team with all Epic ones. These would be the only mounts available for use. Although their could be permanent, account-wide cooler ones in the zen market, or all current zen market green and blue mounts could be used.

A Twink only map. You would have to register your new character as a Twink, but you could make progress on the pvp campaign and earn a higher rate of Glory. People who don't register, they can't Q for the Twink map, and can't make progress on the pvp campaign. Only Twinks will carry a pvp penalty under 60. People who don't twink and choose to leave a vastly unfair match (under 60) will no longer carry leaving penalty.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    As some are misinterpreting this, The STO Community Managers just informed us that PvP is still there in STO. Regardless of priorities in STO and a precaution also folks, please don't digress into discussions of STO's state of their game here. If you wish to discuss such, please head over to the STO Forums and discuss such there, within their Rules of course. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    actaus wrote: »
    I don't want to sound like a rude guy, but even after removing enchantments, TR vs HR won't match fairly. Not in a low level PvP at least. I think having enchantments in pvp was intentional.

Of course it was intentional, to allow whales to stomp all other players. But since the PvP community shrinked due to people not feeling like being free punching bags, it's about time to change it. Everything about PvP in Neverwinter feels like tremendously wasted potential, trying to monetize this stump is cruel.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Yeah but still people keep one shotting in pvp yet making me want to PVP less :(
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Of course it was intentional, to allow whales to stomp all other players. But since the PvP community shrinked due to people not feeling like being free punching bags, it's about time to change it. Everything about PvP in Neverwinter feels like tremendously wasted potential, trying to monetize this stump is cruel.

I don't think so. I think the rank 10s were meant for PVE but it clearly has affected low level PVP but they just don't bother fixing it
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    yet CW's doing 5k crit + more in lvl 30-39 pvp seriously just block them from PvP (artifacts) ...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    Ok, so being big enough to admit when I inadvertently overstate something, here is the quote, I am not going to SS it because I will give you the link...

Now in my defense, this whole interview was a fairly frank discussion about monetizing the game. However, my memory did inflate the actual statement a bit and for that I apologize. I also am fairly sure I was not the only one to come to the conclusion that more PvP was coming to Dragon.... but you are right to say "focus shift" may be and probably is an overstatement. Sorry!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2kphsw/hi_reddit_my_name_is_ryan_and_i_am_the_product/

That's cool, yeah that's kind of more along the lines of the stuff I was remembering.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    drakeos99 wrote: »

1) They probably have their TR geared up by another chr, or alternatively paid some money ( in game or otherwise) to get those enchants.

2) Only 6K crit? Only?

3) HRs can kick my TR butt sometimes.

4) Could always get yourself and a few buddies to go to Icewind Pass or Dwarven Valley, get flagged (equal amounts both faction), and then run to a corner away from the PvP area for some gearless 1vs1 matches.

I've worked hard and long myself to manage to get the enchants I have, and players like myself whom WORK for the enchants probably wouldn't like to suddenly be nerfed out of hard work. (See my join date next to name here on forums for approximation how long I've worked on my main TR.)

It could also be a scripting nightmare to ensure enchants or GS or whatever get nerfed on every PvP, and then when PvP ceases they go back to full strength. Can you imagine how many times that script would go off in Icewind PvP? What if it got stuck and your enchants got screwed up with a glitch so you couldn't get above 10K GS until you got rid of them? Anyone wanna ditch 7 rank 8 enchants? throw out Black Ice gear?

Things to think about....
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lol you all crack me up! Even wow did not have a level playing field and since this game went public and people have asked them to make a balanced Q system they haven't and I can tell you why you would never get a PvP match to pop, the wait time would be stupid.
    As for a gear option that would make the GG & Profound sets they introduced useless so that won't happen iether! But the biggest reason you won't see a change is because the PvP players spend alot of $$ for those high end enchants
  • Options
    darkyhcdarkyhc Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2015
    Everybody knows the main reason for broken pvp is bad matchmaking wich force 10k players to face some 20k+ buddies. We also know due to lack of players, if they change the que system to face ppl with similar GS, it may takes too long time to find a game. I think 1 thing can be done - divide pvp base in few "leagues" or whatever you call it - you can divide ppl by GS or by rating. There can be leagues for example 10-15k gs, 15-20k gs and 20+ gs and this will fix the problem. I prefer to w8 few minutes more and have a good match, then see how 1 team get stomped and sitting afk and respawn point. No matter if its your or enemy team, it ruining the game.