What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exclusive Promotion Companions

2»

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You should learn the difference between a free item and a promotional item

Nope. If i spend ~100 euro i am getting companions, worth another ~100 euro (for free). Promotions are not necessarily tied to spending money, see the 20000 other promo codes in the matching thread for details. I do get my 10k zen (which i've bought, true.) plus the freebies. In this case for free means for free, since i am not spending 200 euro, but 100. Of course, some people would like to be given the companions without spending actual money, but this is a rather unrealistic way to approach cryptic's kindness, tbh.

I like it and i am happy.

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Promotions are not necessarily tied to spending money

They are in this particular case.
  • longstrider7longstrider7 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Non of this companions are worth my time to be honest...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I strongly believe that event-specific companions should be unique - but there's no reason they couldn't offer nearly identical reskins at a later date - like the skeletal dog is unique to the Valindra Invasion, but a charred skeletal dog is available later, (same companion, but with a blackened/burnt look)...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • heilkraaftheilkraaft Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I strongly believe that event-specific companions should be unique - but there's no reason they couldn't offer nearly identical reskins at a later date - like the skeletal dog is unique to the Valindra Invasion, but a charred skeletal dog is available later, (same companion, but with a blackened/burnt look)...

100% agree
    3IBbXcG.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    heilkraaft wrote: »
    You have to purchase it with real money and transfer it to the neverwinter game.

Zen from survey offers also works. Zen bought in the exchange doesn't because it was already transferred into Neverwinter by somebody else.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited January 2015
    Zen from survey offers also works. Zen bought in the exchange doesn't because it was already transferred into Neverwinter by somebody else.

If you have luck qualifying for any of the surveys then obtaining your 1 zen. only thousands more to go! :D
    3IBbXcG.jpg
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    *sigh*

Two more companions I can acquire but can't bind because of the 96-slot limit.
    Yep, and it cuts into their sales to collectors. Plus its a super-easy fix.
    (Not that that's counted for anything so far.)

Looks like the new Galeb Duhr is exactly the same stats with a re-skin. So it's
    for people who want to run with two, or collectors who like special effects.

To agree with others, they could just tweak things like that to keep things like the
    original Skeletal Dog and Shadow Wolf more valuable to collectors... and give the
    OCD ones another item to collect. (I would've gotten the Zen Shadow Wolf if they'd just
    changed the eye color. Otherwise it's just another of many of them. Distinction and
    rarity sell.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • ulanxulanx Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone know whether this has to be in a single transaction or do multiple transactions count towards a total?
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ulanx wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether this has to be in a single transaction or do multiple transactions count towards a total?

It's always been as many transactions as it takes - as long as the first through the last transaction the final amount of Zen meets the requirements by the time the promotion closes, only transactions between the promotion dates and times count. So, for example: if you were going for the full 10,000 Zen promotion you could buy/transfer into Neverwinter 100 Zen per transaction, a thousand times - as long as you had started after promotion begins and finished transferring a total of 10,000 Zen by the time the promo closes - then you get the promotion freebies.

TL;DR: it doesn't matter how many times you transfer/buy the Zen, only that you've transferred the requisite amount for the promo tier that it qualifies for.

NOTE: ASTRAL DIAMONDS CONVERTED INTO ZEN DOES NOT QUALIFY. It never has.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    heilkraaft wrote: »
    If you have luck qualifying for any of the surveys then obtaining your 1 zen. only thousands more to go! :D

Astonishingly, I was able to earn around 300 Zen for answering questions about toothbrushes yesterday. Blew my mind. They work better for Americans, sorta ok for Canadians (my experience), and I don't think there's usually much available for the rest of the world.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Astonishingly, I was able to earn around 300 Zen for answering questions about toothbrushes yesterday. Blew my mind. They work better for Americans, sorta ok for Canadians (my experience), and I don't think there's usually much available for the rest of the world.

As European I usually have zero available, so that sounds about right to me.
    Around launch time it was better though, but I guess all EU advertisers withdrew from the program over time.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited January 2015

I must not be one of the "right" Americans they're looking for. I am never eligible sadly.
    3IBbXcG.jpg
  • garyn10garyn10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I just wish the events lasted longer than a weekend. Making them last a week or more will allow people to get to pay day.