test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out

2»

Comments

• herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    Darn it, was so happy that i took a day off work, woke up early to play at peace, but NO.
    Ahghh
  • badrabbit1957badrabbit1957 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Now what is going on, same as, went to switch character, sent back to log in screen, timed out, have tried several times, why o why o why every week another glitch, mod 6 coming up, new artefact in zen market, 3,000,000 AD, Artefact of Lag, frees player from all ******* lag, should sell well.
  • dfstyledfstyle Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wgt2eu.jpg

1owyvk.jpg
  • wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2015
    I got kicked from game while changing characters. Getting the login error.

Exact same circumstances for me. :/
  • herbe420herbe420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    Yes, working now (or atm lol)
  • crazyphil487crazyphil487 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm having the same problem... I'm going to check a different PWE game (Blacklight Retribution "BLR"), via Steam to see if its an Arc/PWE problem. I'll update this post when that is done.

Update: BLR seemed to work, the game started to patch as was expected, seeing though I hadn't played that game for over two years. Not going to start now either.
  • leeuloopleeuloop Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same problem with me aswell was still playing then got kicked out now can't log in. did send a ticket waiting for a reply.
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm in, and mail is working fine.

13 minutes of panic has abated....

=RV=
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Update:

Sorry for the issues!

The issue should be resolved now. The Login Server crashed approximately 15-20 minutes ago but automatically began rebooting itself. It just now came back up a couple minutes ago. Sorry for the troubles. If this happens again, please feel free to update here. We'll close this later in the day if no issues re-present themselves. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • falseempfalseemp Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can get in now
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Update:

Sorry for the issues!

The issue should be resolved now. The Login Server crashed approximately 15-20 minutes ago but automatically began rebooting itself. It just now came back up a couple minutes ago. Sorry for the troubles. If this happens again, please feel free to update here. We'll close this later in the day if no issues re-present themselves. Thanks!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Thx zeb sorry for the trouble! Now! the question is should i try to switch characters again lol. I'll behave!
  • ravenblayzeravenblayze Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm getting the same message as well.Quite upsetting
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yup, I'm back in now.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • neverwinter12112neverwinter12112 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I still can't past the "Character Select" screen in the Gateway (I get 'Loading Character' 'Please Wait' and then a time-out).

Preview shard gateway is down entirely.

Back in now in normal gateway, https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/ still down.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Update 2:

I'm inquiring about Preview Gateway now. I apologize, at this late hour, communication relay is slow. We'll update when we have more information on the Preview Gateway issues. However, the Live Servers, Preview Servers, Login Servers, Chat Servers, and normal Gateway Servers, should all be up. It seems just the Preview Gateway Server is having some non-login related issues.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    now the chat isn't working ..
    edited January 2015
    now the chat isn't working ..
    I see no issues with chat. Custom channels are working as are normal chat channels. Can you please elaborate on what issue you're having in particular? Thanks!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gateway is still broken (normal gateway)

stuck at character select, click on a character and just says "please wait" indefinitely
    edited January 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    gateway is still broken (normal gateway)

stuck at character select, click on a character and just says "please wait" indefinitely
    Please try closing the browser completely, then reload it once you're sure the browser's processes have ende. Alternatively, you could clear your cookies and cache (may reset your Gateway Account Guard authentication), as it is working fine for me and many others.

A browser restart was confirmed as clearing this up by another user who reported the same directly to me.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is not looking fixed for me. I've tried two browsers on the main PC (Firefox and Chrome), plus IE on the laptop that has never, ever been to the gateway so should have no cache or cookies. All get stuck on the "Loading character Please wait..." screen. I realise this is not in the spirit of this forum (hehe) but as I'm not desperate I'll just try again later rather than rage about it now.
    edited January 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    This is not looking fixed for me. I've tried two browsers on the main PC (Firefox and Chrome), plus IE on the laptop that has never, ever been to the gateway so should have no cache or cookies. All get stuck on the "Loading character Please wait..." screen. I realise this is not in the spirit of this forum (hehe) but as I'm not desperate I'll just try again later rather than rage about it now.
    I really don't know what to tell you as everyone else, besides the two reports here, I talk to says its working properly and it works properly for me. Perhaps there's a DNS issue? Either (or both) a reboot of your machine or router and modem should resolve such, if that were the case. I'd try a PC reboot first, as rebooting the modem might give you a new IP address, causing you to have to reauthorize account guard.

On the note of account guard. Folks should periodically go to the Cryptic Account Management Site and clear old unused authorizations to help keep one's account secure. I usually clear mine once a month and reauthorize everything.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, Zeb. With nothing more than a refresh of the "stuck" browser window I just successfully did my usual lunchtime profs via the gateway so whatever the problem was has magically gone away for me. Happy days.

Incidentally, I no longer use the account guard as I got annoyed with it "timing out" the authorised devices. I'd be totally happy with a one-time authorisation - once I have authorised something I want it to stay authorised until I say otherwise or at least until many months have passed. But it seemed to only be lasting "some weeks" and always seemed to choose the most inconvenient time to demand I re-authorise it.
    edited January 2015
    Please try closing the browser completely, then reload it once you're sure the browser's processes have ende. Alternatively, you could clear your cookies and cache (may reset your Gateway Account Guard authentication), as it is working fine for me and many others.

A browser restart was confirmed as clearing this up by another user who reported the same directly to me.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

I have had many issues with this since this morning. When the second one hit the servers I was both logged into the forum and ingame. When I came back to the forum to relay the issue as you suggested, I tried logging in and got "you have failed to log in too many times. Your IP address will be banned for 10 minutes." That was at 2AM. I had to go to the library to get on here.

I have changed my PW in the ARC client and can get in game and on Gateway just fine. To add to this frustration, I have another account that was not logged in to anything and it too can not log into the forums....

Ticket submitted but no response yet...

=RV=
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I see no issues with chat. Custom channels are working as are normal chat channels. Can you please elaborate on what issue you're having in particular? Thanks!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

yea, well after this error, when i entered i couldn't see chat at all. but after 30 min it suddenly worked.
  • yaniahyaniah Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Gateway is still not working. Stuck in character load screen. I have closed and reopened. Even rebooted. Nothing
  • yaniahyaniah Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Finally it has started to work. :D
    edited January 2015
    yaniah wrote: »
    Finally it has started to work. :D

I must be in the opposite boat. Your Gateway was down and your forum working.

Mine is exactly the other way! (At library until forum IP ban is fixed)

Glad your able to get it.

=RV=
  • jrtdwc1991jrtdwc1991 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out. I have been also locked out since yesterday about something of too many attempts have been made or something like that. This is bogus and one of your support people Illunri was helping me one night then said as being you dont need help on the issue anymore btw i still had the issue im going to close the chat with you and did so abruptly. How can i truse to pay for a game and get burned under my crotch. Really I am appalled that this is happening. Here is the issue i am having i will be logged in to the game and catch a bad spike in game and get dced and then i can not launch the neverwinter client once this is down so i would be locked out of game. Please dude help me out in full this is just wrong to me i feel almost like i got jacked outta my seventy dollars. Please and thank you kindly.