test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honest question: Will they fix pvp?

13»

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I categorically reject your premise that the only way to not be "a leech" is to play the FOTM cookie-cutter build for every class. By your reasoning, every player who is not a TR is "a leech" because they made a sub-optimal choice for PVP.

And I did not choose HR because I wanted to play another melee character. I already have a GWF for that. I chose HR because I wanted to play an archer. Because that is what I enjoy. Because it's my character, not yours. I did not say "hey I want to PVP, what is the best build for that", I said "hey I want to play an archer HR, now what can I do with it". See the difference? Aren't you all always going on about how it's important to draw in more PVPers from those who would otherwise play PVE? Well I guarantee, those PVE players probably didn't choose their character and build with PVP in mind in the first place. They did exactly what I did - choose a character and a class based on their own personal preferences, and then later decided what they wanted to do with it. By your responses, you're basically telling everyone that Archery HRs are not wanted at all in PVP. Is that really what you want to tell people?

And I am not interested in ruining your PVP match, at least not intentionally. If you think my choice of characters is "ruining your match" just by me being there, and if you want to completely avoid ever teaming up with me in any way shape or form, then don't pug. But if you pug, you risk teaming up with me. (You also risk teaming up with the 4k bots, but whatevs. You don't seem nearly as upset about that possibility even though they aren't even sentient beings.)

But don't worry, I probably won't continue PVPing with my HR much longer because just tonight I was reminded once again, as if I needed more reminders, about how ugly the PVP community is, with 1v1 offers turned into 5v1 stompings, with ugly angry insulting tells and messages to the team about how "you all suck" and much worse, etc., etc. So yeah I decided to dip my toe in the PVP water once again, only to be reminded that the water is foul smelling and rotten, and then you all come along here on the forums to poison the water even further.

And incidentally, in the leaderboard "bracket" that I am in (page 1,000 or so), it doesn't matter nearly as much if the team goes to home base first or not. When the average GS on the team is around 12k, really, that initial encounter has much less meaning than it otherwise would. So yes I'll go to home base first, especially in the face of broken matchmaking, where the *other* team might be so bad that I might not even get 500 points from capping bases and killing enemies, that they might give up so fast that there wouldn't be an opportunity to even earn 500 points. And yes my characters need the glory for gearing up, so why would you begrudge newbies that little bit of glory?

I guess I'll just try to figure things out on my own, because now at this point, even if you were to offer sincere advice, I wouldn't trust it.
  • capprice13capprice13 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi, just want to add my 2 cents. Haven't been playing that long so don't jump me if I say stupid things :D

I generally like pvp. I do agree that 60 pvp left a bit of a sour taste compared to pre 60, but not that much. Maybe because I got my *** kicked really hard as as a starting melee HR pre 60. I'm really doing better at 60 now.

I do get pinned up against 20-24k people, but that's life. I try not to 1v1 with them :D. And for the most of times I don't mind getting owned by them. In a sense I feel they worked for they 24k either grind or money, I don't care. I guess it's about respect either way.

(sorry don't mean to turn this into TR fest, just my oppinion)
    However when I get slapped and talked back by TR with 9k GS, 11k while I sit at 15k and get owned time and time... it becomes frustrating and I stop pvping for a while. I have a little over 1k tenacity, I pop fox whenever I see them disappear and generally it's not the head-shot that kills me (getting good at dodging that) it's the combination:
    • long daze & interrupt
    • a lot of unavoidable, piercing damage, goes through Tenacity from my observations
    • TR roll away like no other, it's really funny if you compare HR dodge a few feet vs a TR dodge roll

so when I get laugh at by some guy who puts together a class in 5 days... yeah that is unfair. It really feels like they haven't worked enough their "prowess".

As for the 20k+ matchups can't the system be improved to make an average of the party GS? and try to balance it out as people are joining?
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    I categorically reject your premise that the only way to not be "a leech" is to play the FOTM cookie-cutter build for every class. By your reasoning, every player who is not a TR is "a leech" because they made a sub-optimal choice for PVP.

And I did not choose HR because I wanted to play another melee character. I already have a GWF for that. I chose HR because I wanted to play an archer. Because that is what I enjoy. Because it's my character, not yours. I did not say "hey I want to PVP, what is the best build for that", I said "hey I want to play an archer HR, now what can I do with it". See the difference? Aren't you all always going on about how it's important to draw in more PVPers from those who would otherwise play PVE? Well I guarantee, those PVE players probably didn't choose their character and build with PVP in mind in the first place. They did exactly what I did - choose a character and a class based on their own personal preferences, and then later decided what they wanted to do with it. By your responses, you're basically telling everyone that Archery HRs are not wanted at all in PVP. Is that really what you want to tell people?

And I am not interested in ruining your PVP match, at least not intentionally. If you think my choice of characters is "ruining your match" just by me being there, and if you want to completely avoid ever teaming up with me in any way shape or form, then don't pug. But if you pug, you risk teaming up with me. (You also risk teaming up with the 4k bots, but whatevs. You don't seem nearly as upset about that possibility even though they aren't even sentient beings.)

But don't worry, I probably won't continue PVPing with my HR much longer because just tonight I was reminded once again, as if I needed more reminders, about how ugly the PVP community is, with 1v1 offers turned into 5v1 stompings, with ugly angry insulting tells and messages to the team about how "you all suck" and much worse, etc., etc. So yeah I decided to dip my toe in the PVP water once again, only to be reminded that the water is foul smelling and rotten, and then you all come along here on the forums to poison the water even further.

And incidentally, in the leaderboard "bracket" that I am in (page 1,000 or so), it doesn't matter nearly as much if the team goes to home base first or not. When the average GS on the team is around 12k, really, that initial encounter has much less meaning than it otherwise would. So yes I'll go to home base first, especially in the face of broken matchmaking, where the *other* team might be so bad that I might not even get 500 points from capping bases and killing enemies, that they might give up so fast that there wouldn't be an opportunity to even earn 500 points. And yes my characters need the glory for gearing up, so why would you begrudge newbies that little bit of glory?

I guess I'll just try to figure things out on my own, because now at this point, even if you were to offer sincere advice, I wouldn't trust it.

d*** i love you so much right now and respect you a ton for that. ive never heard someone be so awesome before. seriously.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    @pointsman
    u made the point,
    just want to add the leaderboard kickings from selfish kids, who think being page 20 means anything, followed by 30min punishement only for taking part in a PVP match, since a lot of month there is nothing done in this case

-->my experience is, most of this comes from a specific broken class, that normally stays invisible and one or two-shots ppl while eating a snack
    after beeing >15 time bursted away in fact of beeing the only "visible" target, and the match is done, they start yelling at u being a loser, a moron (whatever - that means) and so on
    most of these ppl (i´am sure) must have get ripped their a.. that often, that the only way playing the game ist playing broken calsses, and if its gonna be a lose insulting their teammates
    i hope most of them is <14 years so there is still hope they can change somedays
  • zibbioszibbios Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the current state of pvp balancing, gearscore is only relevant to some classes.
    For example the Tr doesnt even need a huge gearscore to kill everything he fights. Due to the game mechanics he can destroy opponents that have 5k or more gearscore than him. he doesnt even need to pay diamonds, the mechanics allow him to destroy high end opponents that have invested hundreds of euro/dollar in their gear.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »

i like your reasoning but trapper HR isnt melee

as an archery HR you should wear a full purified set, brutal in every slot, vorpal and kite the enemy on the node with thorn ward and split the sky and finish them with fox shift. Rapid shot as at will. the more the enemy hits you with low damage hits the faster the enemy will die to split the sky.
    however is really suboptimal, you will lack natural defences and CC.

for the note:i would use these feats http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13n0iii:1uz5z1:100000:100000&h=0&p=swd
  • zibbioszibbios Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    natural defences? vs tr its all beeeeeeepppppp.
    youre dead anyway. the whole discussion is dead and this games pvp part will die soon if nothing is done.

PS and of course will extract money heavy players like me from the game, that dont want to play another overpowered stealth class.
    when will mmo developers get it: as soon as you implement a stealth class in your so called pvp, youre <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up your balance instantly?
    its always the same. wow struggled for years to balance its rogue class, swtor still struggles with its assassin class.