test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Refine System Easier

cenomxcenomx Member Posts: 41
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Make refine easier otherwise the game will die and only addicted old players will keep playing.

Quoting Palmer on Facebook:

agreed.. there are already so many people with full legendary artifacts that new players will NEVER be able to contend with because they upgraded theirs on the old system where they could simply buy their refinements at an affordable price. It is definitely getting to a point where other games seem to be the better option.
Post edited by cenomx on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How many people really have "full legendary artifacts" meaning 7xOrange items? Really? It can't be all that many.
  • manzillaprimemanzillaprime Member Posts: 49
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    How many people really have "full legendary artifacts" meaning 7xOrange items? Really? It can't be all that many.

It is more than you may think. Run Tiamat for a few hours and casually inspect people waiting at the door or in the lobby. There are a LOT.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have one

2 more which are more than 1/2 way there

my suggestion is met you select all in one window... more than one at a time
  • rockdete165rockdete165 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Really are more than you can think !! And a question that should really look.
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly this is the only MMO I have ever played where it actually gets harder for new players to gear up than easier as time goes by. If you have been here from the beginning you know what I'm talking about.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    artifact gear its hard to upgrade without a few dragon enchants to drop rp items, and they come free, but still a long time to ugrade.

Normal artifacts are easy to get to orange if u know how.

u need 3,847,635 rp on normal artifact.

ok just using lv4 enchants that drop like candy (250rp each if iam not wrong)
    99xlv4 enchant = +or- 24k rp

150 pack = +or- 3.7mil rp (with some crit u need less)

packs were selling on AH around 6k 150x6k = 900k sound alot do it on a 2xrp week u need half 450k.

So u can make 3 orange with 1.5mil ad on rp (2xrp weekend).

Artifact gear those take forever. or alot of AD

but get 4 dragon enchant equiped, go to IWD kill adds get enchant + rp item + kessel sigils

5 kessel sigils = 1 lv 60 blu item sometimes a purple, no need for id scroll.

hope it helps like that u make any artifact gear blue with 1-1.30 hour farming sigils and purple in a weak 1 hour of this per day.
  • thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Create a new account - Level your character of choice to 60.
    Do the usual dailies plus leadership to at least get a few AD, maybe run dread ring for some epics. You won´t be able to buy T2 and get your artifact equipment in case it doesn´t drop and afford the dragon hoard enchants mentioned above. Plus, you have no boons.
    Then see if you have about 1.5 mil AD for your 3 artifacts, if you were lucky enough to drop the ones you want, to then still be using your green arti gear.
    And of yourse you can not use resources from your main acc^^
    24k AD / day cap, because god knows you´re not selling T2 anymore with Tiamat.

2nd character? useful mount? weapon armor enchant? anything above lvl 5? augment pet?

I feel sorry for new players atm, because you don´t need legendary artifact gear for any of the content this game has to offer, and it´s hard as hell to get since RP went BoA
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thyralion wrote: »
    Do the usual dailies plus leadership to at least get a few AD, maybe run dread ring for some epics. You won´t be able to buy T2 and get your artifact equipment in case it doesn´t drop and afford the dragon hoard enchants mentioned above. Plus, you have no boons.
    Then see if you have about 1.5 mil AD for your 3 artifacts, if you were lucky enough to drop the ones you want, to then still be using your green arti gear.

2nd character? useful mount? weapon armor enchant? anything above lvl 5? augment pet?

I feel sorry for new players atm, because you don´t need legendary artifact gear for any of the content this game has to offer, and it´s hard as hell to get since RP went BoA

Or they could do what I did from day one of open beta and farm some dailies to get enough for another slot and level leadership toons. I've been doing that since the first day.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this is a verry valid point since they made stones bound the cost of stones in ah have gone up from 30 k for aquas to 150k
    edited January 2015
    thyralion wrote: »

Well look. Artifact gear is a luxury, it's not a requirement for anything.

And if you do this experiment, take your time leveling up to 60. Maybe do one zone per day. Do all of the Rhix tasks that grant AD (skirmishes, normal dungeons), foundry, pvp, etc. Sell all of the lowbie blue gear that you come across, some of it can actually sell for quite a bit. Take advantage of skirmish hour and farm skill nodes and get leadership going immediately once crafting becomes available. Also get alchemy going and craft lowbie potions, some of those can sell for quite a bit as well. Also don't spend any AD on gear, use only what you find as drops.

If you do this, you should have between 50k-100k of AD once you get to level 60. Which is enough to buy T2 gear, some enchants, and if you really economize, even a lesser plague fire.
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015

my guild leader is prime example hes played for years he wins every loot roll he gets tiamat chromatic amulet in first week of play he gets mounts atleast 1 out every 10 keys to sell .(definate favoritism going on)me im poor cant buy 10,000 zen a week so i get shunted to the never win <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> file so get this down now pay them tons of money or play at the bottom:mad:
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bare minimum changes needed:

1. Allow stack of RP stones to be refined at once. Not 5 at a time. I can't believe it is still like this.
    2. RP stones added to loot tables of PvE content. Minimum quality peridot

Also something that people have been calling forever. Increase RP value of purple items. (weapons, armor, etc) These can't really be stacked and you have to do content ot get them. Shouldn't hurt to increase their RP value to at least 10,000 a piece
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vteasy wrote: »

1. Allow stack of RP stones to be refined at once. Not 5 at a time. I can't believe it is still like this.

Also something that people have been calling forever. Increase RP value of purple items. (weapons, armor, etc) These can't really be stacked and you have to do content ot get them. Shouldn't hurt to increase their RP value to at least 10,000 a piece

Easier way to do it. Set the RP value of the purple item to it's salvage value.
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    solution is easy, developers should increase 1% chance of finding enchanting stones to 5%. Simle and easy. I am talking about the enchanting stone you put on your gear. Can't remember the name sorry.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    artifact gear its hard to upgrade without a few dragon enchants to drop rp items, and they come free, but still a long time to ugrade.

Normal artifacts are easy to get to orange if u know how.

u need 3,847,635 rp on normal artifact.

ok just using lv4 enchants that drop like candy (250rp each if iam not wrong)
    99xlv4 enchant = +or- 24k rp

150 pack = +or- 3.7mil rp (with some crit u need less)

packs were selling on AH around 6k 150x6k = 900k sound alot do it on a 2xrp week u need half 450k.

So u can make 3 orange with 1.5mil ad on rp (2xrp weekend).

Artifact gear those take forever. or alot of AD

but get 4 dragon enchant equiped, go to IWD kill adds get enchant + rp item + kessel sigils

5 kessel sigils = 1 lv 60 blu item sometimes a purple, no need for id scroll.

hope it helps like that u make any artifact gear blue with 1-1.30 hour farming sigils and purple in a weak 1 hour of this per day.

Ehhh... need to correct this...

270 rp from 1 r4 if used on arti or same type of enchant, how cant u know that after all this time? oO

Basicly with crits 1 stack is above 28k rp

now u need 3.8 mln rp on arti, which basicly is 136 stacks of r4, currently stacks or r4 r jumping in price it hits to 8k now which is around 1.09 mln ad, still not bad, but now 6x gmop is nest 600k + other marks is around 650k, u will use some presward, which r not so expensiv tho, so lets dont calculate it (since u can get nice amont from weekly chest). Basicly 1 740k ad. x3 ofc coz we want 3 artis so 5.220 mln. Heh prices of ~1 eq arti :P

BTW next double rp will come probably before mod6, till then should he run with greens?

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    i agree bump up rp value of epics to there salvage value, also unbind stone so people can farm them again for ah, set refining so that you can use whole stacks at a time
    this will all help to releave some of the issues
    edited January 2015
    BTW next double rp will come probably before mod6, till then should he run with greens?

Sure, why not?
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Refinement Points have become the end-game for me. I have Dragon Hoard Enchants and I farm Icewind Dale, Icespire Peak etc etc. If you want more Refinement Points, you need to slot all your Utility Slots with Dragon Hoard Enchants. You need to load up on Kessel Sigils from Icewind Dale and turn them in for the already-identified Blues. You need to do all the dragon runs in Well Of Dragons at 45 minutes past the hour to get those Draconic Level 4 Enchants.

Note: Isn't my post easier to read without the use of acronyms?
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited January 2015
    We need a way to quickly refine all those 99 stacks of low tier stuff. Allow us to put whole stacks into artifacts, because nobody who values his sanity will repeat the "5 a time" for thousands of low tier rp items.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    u dont need a tone of chars farming leadership, 1st each account have 2 slots so make a 2nd char (choose the 1 with the artifact u want need on 1st char). lv it to 60, do dread ring dailies with it for 2 weeks u get 3 boons and IWD there u go, u get the artifact quest on both, do it and 3 artifact on each).

run PK with your main char (ask your guild for help) with t1 set from dragon u get a decent gs + buy lv5 enchant from AH they are like 1k each or less) and u get 11-12k GS enough for any t2 (i was doing them with 10k GS way before artifacts so u can also) do 3 runs on DD. final result something like 80 drake seals + chest drop + 2-3 drops from boss. buy gear from drake seals salvage (rings 6k 40 seals) salvage bound item if u got 1 and 24k done mail the none bound to your alt and salvage 24k again. 50k for a few runs of PK day. 5 days 125k on each char.

with the lv4 enchant u get in a few day u have the 3 artifact ready to upgrade blue marks potency 16-20k on AH so 3 60k + other 3 blues marks 15k or so with the ad on 2nd char u buy all u need to lv the 3 artifacts on main and u still have 45k buy a 4 or 5 pack of lv 4 enchant send to main lv the artifacts a little more.

u can even buy an artifact belt 10k-50k with the 125k u got in 5 days. and put all blues lv 60 u got on dailies and dungeon.

2 chars 5 days of game 3 artifacts blue. 12k+ gs easy by now u can start other t2 dungeons to try get the set u need. t2 are cheap on AH but better get it free.

in 20 day u have ad to buy your augment stone - t2 u got on dungeon 3 artifacts almost purple a blue belt arti. and around 14k+ gs. with stone giving status u are good to run anything.

20 days its less than a month. ofc will not be better than ppl that play since day 1. but u will be good enough to do anything.

+ if u do this with your guild member the 5 of u that run the dungeons together will all end up around 14-15k gs. tips use potions of buff like crit power and soo when running dungeons it help make your friend use them to and make a balanced party like a dc to heal a tankish (gf/gfw) and 3 dps.

this is how i help my guild member when they hit 60 i do like a party with 2 old player 16k GS + and 3 fresh lv60 we know we finish the dungeon and that they get so boost in gear and ad.

try it.
  • dereknewcastledereknewcastle Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Add new refinement stones like 1000k ones for example. Make a 1 point refinement stone(non-critable) available to make stacking easier so you don't go over. Let peridots, minor res. stones, and pearls drop like candy. Make refinement stones available from a vendor. Make a vendor that you can trade ref. stones in for higher # ones. Example, give a stack of 100 pearls to a vendor that changes or trades them in for 20 peridots. So that you don't have to have all these stacks taking up so much room and save you from carpal tunnel.
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Artifact Gears killed the game.
    This Refine System works well for Enchantments and I agree with the 3 Artifacts..
    But the Weapons, the Belts and the Necks destroyed everything.

Where are the fkin HARD DUNGEONS with the fkin LEGENDARY DROPS?

They took so much money that they are slowly burying the game.
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
  • lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015

And if you do this experiment, take your time leveling up to 60. Maybe do one zone per day. Do all of the Rhix tasks that grant AD (skirmishes, normal dungeons), foundry, pvp, etc. Sell all of the lowbie blue gear that you come across, some of it can actually sell for quite a bit. Take advantage of skirmish hour and farm skill nodes and get leadership going immediately once crafting becomes available. Also get alchemy going and craft lowbie potions, some of those can sell for quite a bit as well. Also don't spend any AD on gear, use only what you find as drops.

If you do this, you should have between 50k-100k of AD once you get to level 60. Which is enough to buy T2 gear, some enchants, and if you really economize, even a lesser plague fire.

You say artefact gear isnt necessary, yet MOST parties will boot you from any content you try to run aside from skirmishes at dread legion or master of the hunt if you dont at least have 10k GS. And I seriously doubt you'll be getting ANY GS higher than 9k without running dungeons that people wont run with you since you dont met 'their' GS requirements.

Yes, artefact gear is a luxury, but without it, you'll be hard pressed to meet the standard party GS requirements to run content to get gear. Thats the sad issue new players face. If they play the game as per usual, not running a specific set of standard rules known by most of the veteran community for each character, they wont have enough AD to pick up much of anything for gearing. BTW, I did the experiment, even used my main for some help, got 100k AD, could only afford T1 gear AND rank 5 enchants, still didnt break 10k GS to get them to IWD.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited January 2015

hmmm not buying it, the game allowed hundreds if not thousands of players to gear up cheaply, then slammed the door shut on the rest of us. Because I chose not to exploit it and had faith in Neverwinter to fix it, I basically screwed myself.

This is a long progression of items that has made the game basically unbearable. RP is just terrible, I mean terrible. I wish it wasnt in the game at all, but now that its here, they should allow me to play my way into leveling, and I dont mean a 5% chance at getting a random RP stone, I just dont get enough on a daily basis to ever, I mean ever get one item to legendary.

The system as it currently stands does the following:

1. Completely locks out new players from progressing, where old players could.
    2. Completely locks you out of playing more then one toon (very , very bad)
    3. Creates a completely unfair balance issue in PVP.

These are legitimate concerns and should be addressed, immediately.
    edited January 2015
    lordzalm wrote: »
    You say artefact gear isnt necessary, yet MOST parties will boot you from any content you try to run aside from skirmishes at dread legion or master of the hunt if you dont at least have 10k GS. And I seriously doubt you'll be getting ANY GS higher than 9k without running dungeons that people wont run with you since you dont met 'their' GS requirements.

Yes, artefact gear is a luxury, but without it, you'll be hard pressed to meet the standard party GS requirements to run content to get gear. Thats the sad issue new players face. If they play the game as per usual, not running a specific set of standard rules known by most of the veteran community for each character, they wont have enough AD to pick up much of anything for gearing. BTW, I did the experiment, even used my main for some help, got 100k AD, could only afford T1 gear AND rank 5 enchants, still didnt break 10k GS to get them to IWD.

Oh nonsense. People had 15k+ GS's before artifact gear came out.

And yes if you have a GS below 15k you will have a hard time finding parties in LFG chat, so don't use LFG chat.

My main CW is just shy of 19k and he only has 2 pieces of artifact gear, weapon and offhand. No artifact cloak or belt. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm not ready to refine them yet, and I know they are a luxury and not necessary.
  • lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    hmmm not buying it, the game allowed hundreds if not thousands of players to gear up cheaply, then slammed the door shut on the rest of us. Because I chose not to exploit it and had faith in Neverwinter to fix it, I basically screwed myself.

This is a long progression of items that has made the game basically unbearable. RP is just terrible, I mean terrible. I wish it wasnt in the game at all, but now that its here, they should allow me to play my way into leveling, and I dont mean a 5% chance at getting a random RP stone, I just dont get enough on a daily basis to ever, I mean ever get one item to legendary.

I personally have all stacks of 1% dragon stones, and I save ALL the RP stuff thats bound to char in my extra bag space. Saving it till 2x refinement is a perfect plan, but most new players dont do that. Given, since last 2x, I havent got but like 30 peridots, 5 aqua, 1 black opal, 1 flawless, and prolly 50 pearls, and about 10 res stones, but still saving it till its really usefull is better than effectively wasting half their value on non 2x.

But your right, it still doesnt change the fact that older players got the easy way out and newer players are stuck on the **** end of the stick trying to level their gear with the now bound RP stones.
    Oh nonsense. People had 15k+ GS's before artifact gear came out.

And yes if you have a GS below 15k you will have a hard time finding parties in LFG chat, so don't use LFG chat.

My main CW is just shy of 19k and he only has 2 pieces of artifact gear, weapon and offhand. No artifact cloak or belt. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm not ready to refine them yet, and I know they are a luxury and not necessary.

Yeah, people had over 15k GS before artefact gear came out, but those people were long time grinders and no lifers who had 16+ hours a day to run dungeons, or more spending cash than most people have for bills to dump into their gear. Most people prolly hit like 11k GS during the mods before artefact gear started appearing, average players with a 2 hours a day or so of game time.

Now, since artefact gear is standard, and getting over 15k is viewed to be 'easy' for most people, having anything less makes you an alt, or a bad player, thus no parties. I have an alt SW, like I said, less than 10k. All bought t1 and rank 5 stones with 100k AD, and I dont use LFG, I run dungeons with pugs. I have been kicked out of more dungeon runs than I have finished due to my GS, even though with a low GS, I attract no aggro, put into 2-3rd place on the damage scale, and never die due to my soulforge. Having low GS is a player killer, and the only way to get out of low GS is to buy high GS< which most players will not or cannot do.

BTW, I quoted 'easy' because getting to 15k GS isnt anywhere as easy as most players with over 15k GS think it is. They got 15k GS when RP stones were dirt cheap on AH, and readily available, to upgrade the hell out of their gear and artefacts. Now, its difficult to even hit 13k, much less 15k.
    edited January 2015

I got my artifact weapon to legendary without buying botted RP, exclusively through farming. If I can do it, anyone can.

What I did was, I focused on one character at a time. My main is my CW and so with all of my lvl 60 characters that I choose to do dailies with, all of the RP that they acquired (and that includes green/blue junk gear that drops), went to the CW for refining into the mainhand.

Now that my CW's mainhand is at legendary, now, all of the RP goes to my DC to get its mainhand to legendary.

Repeat until all of the characters that I want to be playable have legendary gear.

Will it take a while? Yes. But that's okay.

These are hyperbolic concerns.

1. New players can progress faster now in terms of capabilities, it is way easier now for new players to get to 15k-ish GS than older players.

2. No, it locks you out of progressing every character equally fast. You have to choose which one you're going to focus on. If you don't focus on one at a time, then the RP just seems to get lost into a sea of requirements.

Basically it's the "zerg strategy" but applied to RP. Instead of just spreading out the RP over all the characters, you focus all of RP at once onto one single item on one single character until it's upgraded fully. Then you go to the next. That is what has worked for me.

3. Well I don't really care about PVP so whatevs.

I think there are legitimate concerns but honestly, just whining isn't going to help.
  • lucrelialucrelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    read cry topics here always make me laguht, so first ppl cry about bots,
    * stop it! do something about it! they farm RP and selling them!*
    so they maked them BoA,
    *good! bots are screwed now!*
    few days latter....
    *omg RP are BoA i cant lvl up my gear, oh god, wtf i will quit if you dont gona make it easier!*

and so on, so on...
    read those post never fail me :) if they listen - ppl cry, if they dont - ppl cry also, so dear devs, dont listen ppl here, it doesnt matter, they will be always unhappy with something :)
    edited January 2015
    And before this entire thread devolves into just another whinefest of WAA WAA I WANT TO BE ABLE TO UPGRADE EVERYTHING TO LEGENDARY RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW, could we please keep in mind that artifacts and artifact gear are NOT meant to become obsolete at the end of a mod ? That they are supposed to be durable items that are still very very good items over several mods' worth of content and therefore it is not unreasonable at all to expect it to take several mods' worth of work in order to get them to be upgraded to legendary?
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by vteasy View Post

charononus wrote: »
    Easier way to do it. Set the RP value of the purple item to it's salvage value.

Are you listening PWE !?! These are simple and effective ways to resolve the RP bottleneck you have created with artifact gear.

We have been asking for this for a long time now. All we have gotten so far is more artifact gear to upgrade. It would also be nice to lower the artifacts to only needing 2 Greater Marks of Potency's instead of 5 which = 500,000 AD. I bit much when you have to upgrade 3 of them.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain