What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Refine System Easier

13»

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    tsukuzami wrote: »
    at one stage getting 4.6mill rp only cost about 1mill ad using stacks of 99 peridots roughly around 100 for 10k ea, and i remember for a short period it was about 333k ad when aquamarines where 10k for a stack of 99.

That was a more affordable time sure, but if you rewind it back further, I remember when BIS gear was gotten in the hardest dungeons and not exclusively at the auction house with all the refinement we have today
  • gimpocalypsegimpocalypse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cenomx wrote: »
    Make refine easier otherwise the game will die and only addicted old players will keep playing.

... and they still have not fixed the bug when using a stack of 6+ that adds your Criticals back to total of RP needed to get to next Rank.

It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make you very angry when you see it... although 1 time is too many actually.

Let's say you have enchantment/artifact at Rank 29 with 6000 RP to go to hit 30... you select a stack [with 6 or more] of R5 & drop 5 into the item, yellow bar shows 600 RP to go to next rank and you click refine... you get 4 crits +2160 x 4... you think AWESOME! should be 3720 into Rank 30 but instead it's showing 4920 RP to go and you're still in Rank 29.
    [EDIT: that's 4 wasted R5s and people dropping stacks may not even realize it's happening... if you dropped 5-6 stacks of 99... you could potentially waste an entire stack if you crit a lot.]

This sucked when RP was as people say "cheap"... got to be even more annoying now that's it's not.

Dragon Hoard's are very expensive to upgrade, so I won't be running 4 x 3% anytime soon, so I won't be having piles of RP items to refine like crazy [or sell even]... but another reason I don't hardcore refine is I hate breaking stacks into 5's so I don't waste the refinement items I do get.

One reason for the 5 at a time is so you can see the crits...if you drop a stack of 99 in how would they show that?
    [of course some items don't/didn't crit, dropping 99 wouldn't matter as long as the total was calculated correctly.]

I think they like the layout of 5 with criticals shown... it reminds me of a slot machine... surprised they didn't add a zen/ad option to "enhance" refinement rolls in some way.
    Been looking forward to upgrading my Perfect Sarcasm font, but due to recent changes it seems I will need to grind the Nine Hells for my Pure Sarcasm font... ironic isn't it?