test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make Refine System Easier

Comments

• kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    And before this entire thread devolves into just another whinefest of WAA WAA I WANT TO BE ABLE TO UPGRADE EVERYTHING TO LEGENDARY RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW, could we please keep in mind that artifacts and artifact gear are NOT meant to become obsolete at the end of a mod ? That they are supposed to be durable items that are still very very good items over several mods' worth of content and therefore it is not unreasonable at all to expect it to take several mods' worth of work in order to get them to be upgraded to legendary?

I really hope it will be like this cus I will rip off my genitals if they add new BiS item and I would have to put theese to the trash.
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    1. Completely locks out new players from progressing, where old players could.
    2. Completely locks you out of playing more then one toon (very , very bad)
    3. Creates a completely unfair balance issue in PVP.

1. Nope, newer players just progress slower. If anything is locking players from progressing it is elitist claptrap and people setting "we want a cakewalk" requirements for GS on event the simplest of runs.

2. I've 8 toons here who would disagree, again the more there are, the slower you progress, beginning of December only 2 where even lvl 60, now all have 10k+ GS (Working toward the boons to get them all access to IWD, the first two are already there)

3. True but that is an issue with the ladder system, PVP tends to go to those who can pay most anyhow. I don't PvP much anyhow. but you ARE right about this one.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yes, Refinement system is a drag. Only have 5x slots is way too low. Please crank that up to 20 [or more!].
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The best suggestion in this whole thread: A vendor that will let you trade up smaller RP items for bigger ones. Yes. This.

For example: trade 100 Pearls for one 10000 RP item - bound to character (regardless of whether the pearls were). They could create any number of examples. 99 R4s for one thing, 99 peridots, etc. My guess is that would be easier than allowing stacks to be used in the refine dialog - though THAT would be a much better quality-of-life enhancement than a vendor. We'll take what we can get.

To all you QQ about how hard it is to go from 0 to max... bah. I've played this game since the instant it started, heck, based on the user account IDs, my main character was #605 in the game... I have never had a legendary artifact, have 15K+ GS and easily walk through all the PvE content. PvP... not so much, but then I really don't care for PvP in this game -- mindlessly fighting on the same maps over and over and over and over and over....... so boring (it's not neverwinter - Cryptic is notoriously poor at implementing PvP in any of their games... I've been a player of theirs for many years now, before they were PWE in fact... I've grown used to it, heh). I, like everyone else who can't play constantly or won't pour $$ into the game, am making progress slowly but surely. I'll get there, and when I do, I'll be darned pleased with myself - it will be an accomplishment that took me many months, and I'll be happy (which is what any game is really about anyway).

I have no sympathy for anyone moaning about how "hard' it is, or how long it takes. If you want the best stuff in the game "now" or even within a few months for that matter - you're playing the wrong sort of game. MMOs are not for you. I recommend Skyrim.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kr3nd wrote: »
    I really hope it will be like this cus I will rip off my genitals if they add new BiS item and I would have to put theese to the trash.

but what is BiS equipement? the 1 with more power? with more slots? HV and AoW still rock, so must not be status.

I play since day 1 of open beta, and i still not have made a single artifact wep, didnt farm linus to get off-hand. for me those are not BiS wep set, ok every1 will say u lose a slot enchant on wep cuz artifact have 2 (well have 1 till orange), oh but the status they have even purple make them give a little more gs as base + set bonus, yup they do.

buf for my class, the not needed in game, GF i find IWD set (t3 wep and off) better ok i lose a slot of enchant even GS maybe 500-1k to purple artifact set + bonus, yes and i get more power and more defense, well right now i have 53% DR so more defense for what? i lose a free heal from set bonus, ok have it have an ICD, but it heals, and the regen I lose and deflect? for more power + defense and more 1-2k HP?

belt yes i have the xtra con its a must, and a cloak purple the xtra AC i love it.

but u lose an xtra slot for enchants and some GS. and?

why spend a tone of AD lving arti wep to get the extra slot? when i can and did lv jewel craft? and for a small % of the prince of rp need to lv any u can buy 2 rings 1 slot on AH and make it 2 slot?

i choose to get 2 slot ring over 1 artifact wep set.

maybe in the future I regret.

for now IWD gear (t3) wep and armor set + belt and 2 slot rings its more than enough and i run all the content in game.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Originally quoted by Hudman21
    [Are you listening PWE !?! These are simple and effective ways to resolve the RP bottleneck you have created with artifact gear.

We have been asking for this for a long time now. All we have gotten so far is more artifact gear to upgrade. It would also be nice to lower the artifacts to only needing 2 Greater Marks of Potency's instead of 5 which = 500,000 AD. I bit much when you have to upgrade 3 of them.][/QUOTE]

Are they listening? YES!....the response is? A new festival...its a kite flying contest to celebrate the winds of winter P
    But seriously...are they? Well... "There's a 1% chance that one of the 2 ears will hear .1 .2 .3 and .5% above the average hearing of .025% % of the request message, if and only if they have a perfect hearing enchant attached to the side of the their helmet of hearing that requires a critical role on the roulette wheel of comprehension.
  • lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    xtremoz wrote: »
    but what is BiS equipement? the 1 with more power? with more slots? HV and AoW still rock, so must not be status.

I play since day 1 of open beta, and i still not have made a single artifact wep, didnt farm linus to get off-hand. for me those are not BiS wep set, ok every1 will say u lose a slot enchant on wep cuz artifact have 2 (well have 1 till orange), oh but the status they have even purple make them give a little more gs as base + set bonus, yup they do.

buf for my class, the not needed in game, GF i find IWD set (t3 wep and off) better ok i lose a slot of enchant even GS maybe 500-1k to purple artifact set + bonus, yes and i get more power and more defense, well right now i have 53% DR so more defense for what? i lose a free heal from set bonus, ok have it have an ICD, but it heals, and the regen I lose and deflect? for more power + defense and more 1-2k HP?

belt yes i have the xtra con its a must, and a cloak purple the xtra AC i love it.

why spend a tone of AD lving arti wep to get the extra slot? when i can and did lv jewel craft? and for a small % of the prince of rp need to lv any u can buy 2 rings 1 slot on AH and make it 2 slot?

for now IWD gear (t3) wep and armor set + belt and 2 slot rings its more than enough and i run all the content in game.

Each class and build has different BiS for each gearing option, though some items are generally seen to be better above and beyond all others. As far as I know, this game has pretty well avoided that for most any class as it stands. Its not so much BiS for all, more like best for build item, or BfB. And to be honest, alot of times, even that is debatable. Most people like the miracle healer for a heal based DC, but I find the draconic set to be better. A vast majority of people think the High Prophet gear is best for dps DC, while I see the draconic to be decent as well, since you can possibly hit every monster nearby.
    edited January 2015

Actually this made me think a bit, but since I can't check the black ice main /off hand stats now cus it is nowhere documented on the internet and the game is offline so no chance to check collection I can't say more.

But a purple artefact shield should give you more regen than the PBI, and also grants you a passive bonus, which could be utilized nicely.
    For main hand they give you at-will boost, which you will not get from black ice weapons.
    But since you already have 2 of the 4 equip then maybe someday you will change your mind and do your main/off hand too.
    edited January 2015
    lordzalm wrote: »
    Each class and build has different BiS for each gearing option, though some items are generally seen to be better above and beyond all others. As far as I know, this game has pretty well avoided that for most any class as it stands. Its not so much BiS for all, more like best for build item, or BfB. And to be honest, alot of times, even that is debatable. Most people like the miracle healer for a heal based DC, but I find the draconic set to be better. A vast majority of people think the High Prophet gear is best for dps DC, while I see the draconic to be decent as well, since you can possibly hit every monster nearby.

yes, but i was talking about artifact wep/off-hand set is it that better for DC compared to other? iam not talking about 450 + but something like IWD where u get a buff/skill that active and do something instead of pure take x more status specially if u have them cap? i dont have a dc so i have no id what buff IWD wep/off bonus buff do.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually this made me think a bit, but since I can't check the black ice main /off hand stats now cus it is nowhere documented on the internet and the game is offline so no chance to check collection I can't say more.

But a purple artefact shield should give you more regen than the PBI, and also grants you a passive bonus, which could be utilized nicely.
    For main hand they give you at-will boost, which you will not get from black ice weapons.
    But since you already have 2 of the 4 equip then maybe someday you will change your mind and do your main/off hand too.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Purified_Black_Ice_Dagger

what you talking bout willis?

Everything is online..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited January 2015

arti off hand orange (GF):

Artifact Class Feature: This slot will hold an enhancement to one of the 10 Class Features of your class. Select 'Manage Artifact Powers' from the item menu to select which enhancement is slotted.

Artifact Stat Increase: This slot will hold a bonus statistic chosen from a selection of the special statistics given by Epic and Legendary artifacts. Select 'Manage Artifact Powers' from the item menu to select which statistic is slotted.

Equip: +1,190 Maximum Hit Points
    Equip: +8 AC
    Equip: +458 Power
    Equip: +298 Defense

Defense Slot: No Enchantment
    Offense Slot: No Enchantment

Part of set (0/2)
    Any Golden Dragon Longsword
    Golden Dragon Shield
    2 of Set:
    Equip: +1,000 Maximum Hit Points
    Equip: +250 Defense

1 xtra slot for power or crit or so offense. no regen

ok we can get more power do a little more dmg, but your dmg its always so low compared to other, and if u play as buffer and dmg mitigator (kv) the free heal skill + regen make difference, ok 10% on a at will, unless u play conqueror a little more power/10% dmg on at wil will maybe make u do more dmg but still super low compared to any other class.
    edited January 2015
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Purified_Black_Ice_Dagger

what you talking bout willis?

Everything is online..

Weah indeed a GF black ice weapon, thanks, very useful.
    edited January 2015
    Artifact Stat Increase: This slot will hold a bonus statistic chosen from a selection of the special statistics given by Epic and Legendary artifacts. Select 'Manage Artifact Powers' from the item menu to select which statistic is slotted.

1 xtra slot for power or crit or so offense. no regen

This slot unlocks at level 35 and you can chose to get 400 regen from it. That makes it BiS for me even if it is only purple.
    edited January 2015
    This slot unlocks at level 35 and you can chose to get 400 regen from it. That makes it BiS for me even if it is only purple.

ok thx for the tip, didnt know. as i told u i didn't get and will not that soon. i was taking in consideration the status shown on artifact list.
  • jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This post has seriously been derailed. The intent of the OP was to highlight to cryptic that there is now a HUGE power creep gap that is destroying the game. Any 'newer' players that I have spoken to get to end game, then see the work they need to put into the game in order to catch up to everyone else, and quit. If it stays like this or gets any worse with new mods then new players will stop staying in the game more then a month or two and the player base will die. In order to keep a MMO alive there needs to be new players that join and want to stay. Another aspect that was pointed out is that it is impossible now to really maintain more toons than a main. This aspect will have older players leave the game because they will get bored of their toon eventually and do not want to spend the time and effort in leveling up another toon. When new classes came into the game they were viable in pvp in a short period of time. Now if a new class is introduced we wont see that class in a viable pvp match until 6 months + after it is implemented. In a casual game where mods are released so frequently, someone that is starting now will possibly never be able to catch up. Very disheartening for any new players. RP is almost the sole cause of this and the new artifact equipment. There needs to be another way to level up these items and many other threads have spoken about this. A good example would be experience gained when using artifact gear helps gain RP. On another similar note, I have had many old friends in the game that have taken time off. Boredom due to lack of new content, real life issues or stuff, or what ever reason they have just taking time off, when they come back they see how far behind they are and there is no incentive to really come back to the game. In any game you are going to have people that come and go but this is also preventing those players from returning to the game. Seriously something needs to change or else the player base will die along with the game.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wait is the 1) problem getting stuff, 2) the slowness of the gui or 3) slowness of the getting of RP stuff?

1) Lets see, free choise of artifact, free second artifact via IWD (60x 10k required) , free 3rd artifact for alt at 60x at 10k and IWD. There's all artifact slots filled no RNG. Plus now, free cloak for 15 tiamat wins, free offhand for 15 tiamat wins. That leaves the belt and main behind RNG?

It's nearly too much stuff too fast, like someone said, you gotta prioretize your investment or #3 getting RP is going to be an issue quickly

Hint: The first tier is the fastest, third the slowest .. choose wisely and get that e-peen .. I mean well balanced stats up quickly!

Honestly here, only my cloak and main artifacts actually fell usefull, and that is due to their powers (Heals, AP/AC increase). Rest is just a gear score massage. The new cloak and offhand stats weren't even too much better than non artifacts, the cloak even *lost* me GS with the enchant slot locked. (That's right, new shiny stuff can be worse than old stuff!)

2) Yeh gui be slow, it's the price of hoarding for 2x rp.

3) Yup finding RP can be slow, unfortunatly the cash for gear and "get it now" attitude brought the exploiters, farmers, bots and scammers. Cryptic reacted (eventually). People buying gear just makes crypting just make more gear to buy. Over dependance and additction to the AH and cash shop is bitting people on the butt and will continue.

Again, prioretise, figure out the best bang for your time, and try to find those RP sources the bots/exploiters/cryptic/players havn't ruined yet. Then keep your foolish mouth closed when you find it.

I do feel bad Cryptic all but removed T5's from CTA game, that's was a nice free short cut new players will miss out on. Blue drops seem to be nerfed too since 2x RP (Now that's gotta sting the actuall new 60x players!).

I'll put my problem not at the RP speed (getting to be an issue with all the nerfs), but:

1) cryptics joke of a system where 50k-100kAD gives 25-30% chance to upgrade a stone and recieve a whopping 30 increase in GS! Yay, can I be lucky 3 times and get a whole 1% stat increase! (If you arn't in diminishing returns)

2) The requirement curve of the artifacts is kinda poor. But feel free to keep it as it, cause it helped me get to T2/blue tier power really quick, and I'm not shelling out cash/AD to unlock that T3 curve. So thanks for the easy gear massage (noooo my GS damaged by a whole 1500 points .. a 10% change .. divided over all my scores .. i'm a scrub now!)

Short be a scrub: Green/Blue all your artifacts and choose smartly, get yourself a free enchants (still a few free T5's out there) and you'll be bored and walking over the PVE content too. Also if it needs to be said, stay away from the GS idiots in LFG who need 18k to do a 8k dungeon when it's a yawn at 10k.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Honestly here, only my cloak and main artifacts actually fell usefull, and that is due to their powers (Heals, AP/AC increase). Rest is just a gear score massage. The new cloak and offhand stats weren't even too much better than non artifacts, the cloak even *lost* me GS with the enchant slot locked. (That's right, new shiny stuff can be worse than old stuff!)

Here's the thing though, it's only worse via gs score. If you picked a cloak with good stats on it for your build you get something that helps far more than 1 enchantments worth of stats. For me the extra ap I get from a blue cloak outweighs the small amount of power I lost.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Actually Temple of Tiamat is the only content that necessitates good gear to succeed. However, since the rewards are only more artifact gear to sink your AD and more grind time for more Linu's Favor, many players will just ignore it after they get the off-hand.

As usual, there are always as many players with maxed out gear as real world traders in every online game. Don't ask how they get their stuff and ignore their taunting, clowning and gold spamming then you don't see you have the need to buy any extremely overpriced RP items.
  • jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I have just a few thoughts to add. I have 10 characters, 9 of which do nothing but professions now. It took every AD I had, buying RP cheap, farming with dragon hoard/fey blessing, and 2 double RP weekends to get full legendary on my CW. We are talking probably 10-15 million AD and taking every advantage I could get. This is simply not within reach of a new or even "normal" player by any stretch of the imagination.

Since I am cheap, I bought the white resonance stones and peridots to do my artifact gear with (math said it was the best RP to AD ratio). I sat for over an hour dragging and dropping on each item, during double RP weekends. Tedious is an understatement.

Yet we know from AMA's on Reddit that devs are working on increasing the level cap and something "huge" in mod 6. Wanna get really upset? Get ready to trash your legendary items for level 62 greens in a couple months...
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
    edited January 2015
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Yet we know from AMA's on Reddit that devs are working on increasing the level cap and something "huge" in mod 6. Wanna get really upset? Get ready to trash your legendary items for level 62 greens in a couple months...

When in doubt about the future economy... AD is king.

If you think a super nova is going to happen to nullify everything you have, save your AD for the next brave new world. That said, instead of wasting all my hard earned AD on things that are not needed but will be rendered useless soon, I use those gimmack 2x weekends etc that aimed to waste my RP and AD to sell and make more AD for the future rather. ;)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jeffro9000 wrote: »

They did not in fact say that. While the something huge could be a cap increase, it also may not be. Nothing definitive was said about what would be in mod6 one way or another.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    New players should have to grind, just like we did. In fact, they have it so easy now. Free mounts, Epic Gear for very very very cheap. Its sad to see how easy new players have it now compared to what we went through to get one measly piece of Epic gear.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
    edited January 2015
    New players should have to grind, just like we did.

Under the current RP system, new players will be more reluctant to grind actually. A newbie who starts out with a 9-10k gs now will take forever to get to 20k for Tiamat. By the time when they reaches that gs, there will be new content and new stuff totally made Tiamat and its related stuff garbage.

The current scenario is the exact carbon copy of how pvp dies. When everybody starts out with 10k gs. 10k gs vs 10k gs teams was fun. When the game got older, 12k gs surfaced. Then, 12k vs 10k was still fun and the 10k newbies would have no problem to grind to 12k to match their 12k opponents. When the 15k gs teams came, the 10k gs teams would not do a thing instead of sitting at the campfire. When the 18k gs teams came, the 10k gs teams would just dance in the campfire and laughed at the no-life 18k gs team. When the 20k teams came... well, don't bother, the 20k teams who wiped their moms' credit cards did not even bother to come.
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I do agree that the rp system we have is a grindfest. But for everyone crying that the dont have the gs to run content, why dont you join a guild, and run with guild mates to get your gear, if you plan on going solo the whole game, it will indeed suck and be a boring grind. One thing a guild will teach you is what you can do better to progress faster. If you join a good one.

It seems to me the ones crying dont know how easy it is to reach acceptable gs levels because all they do is play by themselves and not interact and ask questions. Whereas the ones in this thread offering sound advice, have learned all this from somewhere, likely a guild of friends that they run with.
    edited January 2015
    Well with this 3 min foundry CD i am really pissed, because I could get a loot every 30 sec instead of 180 sec, and i believe this bother other new players too since old players just get it with the 30 sec cd, now i can get like 10-20k / hour, which is not enough.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    New players should have to grind, just like we did. In fact, they have it so easy now. Free mounts, Epic Gear for very very very cheap. Its sad to see how easy new players have it now compared to what we went through to get one measly piece of Epic gear.

This is just wrong. What exactly do you want new players to be? 12k Gearscore? It is so much harder now to reach near BIS status just because all the powercreep they introduced comes from refinement stones in the auction house and zen store. Less farming, more buying.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cenomx wrote: »
    Make refine easier

The system is easy. You just move things from your inventory slots into the refinement windows slots. I've seen games with a much more complicated system.
    What is not easy in NWO is achieving the goal. It's been proven by countless charts that ot's nort achievable by regular play, and that by a RP-dedicated play you may hope to refine one artifact within a year. One of your current seven artifacts. One of the fifteen artifacts that will come as mods will go by (or twenty-one artifacts if companion artifacts get implemented).
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    This post has seriously been derailed. The intent of the OP was to highlight to cryptic that there is now a HUGE power creep gap that is destroying the game. Any 'newer' players that I have spoken to get to end game, then see the work they need to put into the game in order to catch up to everyone else, and quit.

Maybe you haven't been keeping abreast of events, pal (etc.)..

That is precisely the business model of modern f2ps. The most profit comes from churn. New, confused players buy a flurry of things from the cash shop and then leave after a while- placing no further load on the servers. Long-term players aren't terribly sought-after in the wider picture any more.
  • xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Normal artifacts are easy to get to orange if u know how.

u need 3,847,635 rp on normal artifact.

ok just using lv4 enchants that drop like candy (250rp each if iam not wrong)
    99xlv4 enchant = +or- 24k rp

150 pack = +or- 3.7mil rp (with some crit u need less)

packs were selling on AH around 6k 150x6k = 900k sound alot do it on a 2xrp week u need half 450k.

So u can make 3 orange with 1.5mil ad on rp (2xrp weekend).

100k for each Greater Mark of Potency, and each artifact requires six, so that's an additional 1.8M AD, plus all the Preservation Wards. I've gone through as many as 13 while refining an item with 20% success chance. At 5k each, that was 65k for one refinement.

...Just saying. :/
  • tsukuzamitsukuzami Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    at one stage getting 4.6mill rp only cost about 1mill ad using stacks of 99 peridots roughly around 100 for 10k ea, and i remember for a short period it was about 333k ad when aquamarines where 10k for a stack of 99.