test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You only need to rework 3 feats to balance TR

mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Thieves' Den
...and Shocking Execution, but that's another story.

Here we go.

Saboteur

Shadowy Opportunity: When you deal damage from Stealth, you deal an additional 15/30/45/60/75% of your weapon damage as Piercing Damage. Piercing Damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.

The problem: PD scales off all damage multipliers, which results in dealing not 75% weapon damage, but twice more. Average Shadowy Opportunity hit is about 1300-1700. You can land Dazing Strike and then throw CoS proccing SO with each hit literally melting your opponent. Which is worse, a TR needs only two lvl 60 epic weapons to deal really high damage to anyone despite their defense. This feat should be reworked or Piercing Damage should be changed to physical.

Scoundrel

Concussive Strikes: Your critical strikes and attacks from behind the target Daze foes for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.

The problem: throwing CoS is the ultimate move to prevent your target from dodging Deft Strike or any other encounter/daily of your choice. Even without using other sources of daze, this only feat will likely interrupt most of your moves, because 2.5 seconds of not being dazed are not enough to aim anything. Rework this entirely.

Executioner

Exposed Weakness: While in Stealth, you ignore an additional 5/10/15/20/25% of your target's armor.

The problem: this feat makes all opening powers to hit like a truck. Even having zero ArP, Lashing Blade will hit hard, but with another 25% Resistance Ignored from ArP, you're getting bloody 50% RI. If you wanna see big numbers, stack ArP, 25% RI is too much for a bonus of a single feat. Rework this into something else.
M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
Post edited by mehguy138 on

Comments

• Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Either this or their defensive mech needs to be nerfed. If itc was to be nerfed the stealth reveal will need to go away and nothing else will need to be changed, because going further would ruin the class. Now atm i don't really thing itc should be getting a nerf hammer though.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    so my gwf has 15-30% damage resistance on unstopable and 30% DR while i sprint.

so is there a way to make the TR to be as squishy as i am? :)
    please enlight me with your opinion on nerfing TRs surviability.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    so my gwf has 15-30% damage resistance on unstopable and 30% DR while i sprint.

so is there a way to make the TR to be as squishy as i am? :)
    please enlight me with your opinion on nerfing TRs surviability.

Stamina cost for dodges should be increased to 35%, 4 consecutive dodge-rolls is unnecessary many, considering the amount of free deflection TRs gain. May be one could work onto their deflect severity.
  • Options
    sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    ...and Shocking Execution, but that's another story.

Here we go.

Saboteur

Shadowy Opportunity: When you deal damage from Stealth, you deal an additional 15/30/45/60/75% of your weapon damage as Piercing Damage. Piercing Damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.

The problem: PD scales off all damage multipliers, which results in dealing not 75% weapon damage, but twice more. Average Shadowy Opportunity hit is about 1300-1700. You can land Dazing Strike and then throw CoS proccing SO with each hit literally melting your opponent. Which is worse, a TR needs only two lvl 60 epic weapons to deal really high damage to anyone despite their defense. This feat should be reworked or Piercing Damage should be changed to physical.

Scoundrel

Concussive Strikes: Your critical strikes and attacks from behind the target Daze foes for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.

The problem: throwing CoS is the ultimate move to prevent your target from dodging Deft Strike or any other encounter/daily of your choice. Even without using other sources of daze, this only feat will likely interrupt most of your moves, because 2.5 seconds of not being dazed are not enough to aim anything. Rework this entirely.

Executioner

Exposed Weakness: While in Stealth, you ignore an additional 5/10/15/20/25% of your target's armor.

The problem: this feat makes all opening powers to hit like a truck. Even having zero ArP, Lashing Blade will hit hard, but with another 25% Resistance Ignored from ArP, you're getting bloody 50% RI. If you wanna see big numbers, stack ArP, 25% RI is too much for a bonus of a single feat. Rework this into something else.

Here we goes,

Saboteur
    Make this feat only work with encounter or as you say not ignore armor or at least making it not working with any buff debuff capacity

Scoundrel.

Quite easy their they made it on CW, just need to put a different time of daze against player.

Executioner.

agree on this one it way too high and since it main purpose of this feat is PVP it should be half lvl. like that it would be more on what other class can get in DRI lvl

You forgot the defensive part,
    Since TR mainly focus on deviate, and since it exist this much way to ignore damage resistance, their should be also easier way to ignore deflect. knock out power is the only way and they practicaly remove it. purely on GWF, and practicaly on CW by putting shard on such poor lvl both in damage and in term of knock out time against player.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Stamina cost for dodges should be increased to 35%, 4 consecutive dodge-rolls is unnecessary many, considering the amount of free deflection TRs gain. May be one could work onto their deflect severity.

on 1vs2 scenarios my gwf cannot stay alive more than 5-10 seconds.
    is there a way to make the TR to have the same time as my gwf?
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not enough. Additionally:

- Dodges need to be adjusted. 4 dodges and +50% distance is a clear overbuff. Should be 3 dodges and no extra distance or 2 dodges with bonus distance. People forget that TRs got a heroic feat that give them +10% stealth bar each time they dodge. So they easily fill 40% stealth bar while remaining immune the whole time. Too easy.
    - Daze should have reduced duration on players and needs to respect tenacity and control resist. 2 easy to pull off encounters + 2 daze procs on scoundrel tree is too much without anything affecting daze duration.
    - SoD needs to be fixed from multiproccing.
    - Piercing needs to be removed from SE. 40k+ unmitigable and unavoidable damage (for GF, GWF and SW) is bull.
    - 100% crit needs to be removed from stealth. Stealth already gives too many bonuses.
    - Something has to be done with First Strike feature. +60% on first attack in combat is too much for PvP and useless in PvE. +15% damage for the first strike after leaving stealth would be better.

And the last and most important one:
    - Deflect should not affect CC duration at all OR TR's deflect severity should be reduced to 50%. TRs not even flinching when getting CC'ed is bull.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    I think that's a good start, but there are other issues too that also needs to be resolved.

- Knife's Edge interaction with Bloodbath, basically allowing TRs to do three encounters followed by daily immediately followed by three encounters again.

- The double proccing of Shadow of Demise with some weapon enchantments.

- There should probably be a little more room for vulnerability in TRs. Increasing the cooldown of some encounters like Impossible to Catch and Shadow Strike would probably work. (Or reducing/removing the daze part of Shadow Strike.)

- Permastealth trolling with Disheartening Strike is also an issue that should be fixed in some way.

Knife's Edge is a crappy feat, it's only useful in interaction with BB. If you fix multiproccing, it should be like "Decrease your cooldowns by 20/25/30/35/40% on a daily use".

I didn't say about double proccing SoD since it's a well known bug and I even reported it myself.

CD is already pretty high on those, removing daze from SS is a viable option tho.

I already suggested implementing stealth depletion on every DHS tick, but it's a bit overkill. May be reducing base duration to something like 6 seconds would work.

Also, I took the most unbalanced feats just to start with, implementing all fixes/nerfs at once may kill the class as it was with GWF.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Knife's Edge is a crappy feat, it's only useful in interaction with BB. If you fix multiproccing, it should be like "Decrease your cooldowns by 20/25/30/35/40% on a daily use".

I didn't say about double proccing SoD since it's a well known bug and I even reported it myself.

CD is already pretty high on those, removing daze from SS is a viable option tho.

I already suggested implementing stealth depletion on every DHS tick, but it's a bit overkill. May be reducing base duration to something like 6 seconds would work.

Also, I took the most unbalanced feats just to start with, implementing all fixes/nerfs at once may kill the class as it was with GWF.

you mean it will balance the TR and bring at the same lvl as a GWF/GF is, not killing the class.
    GWF underperforms for this only reason, TRs/HRs/CWs and DPS DC have broken mechanics, understand?:)
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Fix the broken/bugged stuff first. Then see where they are. Executioner is pretty good except for the double proc.

I wouldn't suggest nerfed the feats yet. A bit prob is our ability to have a daily up every second. You start nerfing base damage and feats it is going to really limit the builds and make everyone stack action point regen.

Should be some sort of hard reset on dailies. or have them less effective if used within 15-30 seconds of each other.

Some sort of daze immunity should be implemented so you can't perma daze either.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    Fix the broken/bugged stuff first. Then see where they are. Executioner is pretty good except for the double proc.

I wouldn't suggest nerfed the feats yet. A bit prob is our ability to have a daily up every second. You start nerfing base damage and feats it is going to really limit the builds and make everyone stack action point regen.

Should be some sort of hard reset on dailies. or have them less effective if used within 15-30 seconds of each other.

Some sort of daze immunity should be implemented so you can't perma daze either.

Executioner are "pretty good"? Are you joking right now?!

When a TR can Shocking Execute a player 90%+ HP for 36k+ and kill you regardless of defensive stats/tenacity/deflect thats not "pretty good"

When a TR with NO enchants (offensive or weapon) gets an "insta" crit for 20k lashing blade as a 10k GS player thats "pretty good"?

Or Bloodbath dealing 30k+ damage and resetting CDs while being un-target table?

Or how about lashing blades that crit for 30k+ and then you get hit for a minimum 15k Shadow of Demise 3 seconds later that is irresistible damage? The double proc only makes all this worse...

Id say the top 3 issues in my book:
    1) Piercing damage should ALL be removed and changed to regular damage.
    2) 100% crit while stealthed - removed.
    3) Daze needs to be revisited. I am not familiar with how this is working currently, but have heard TRs can basically spam CoS and its nearly perma daze (HEARD havnt SEEN). However I have felt like TRs have very exceptional CC with their new dazes.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So you think SoD giving you a 100%+ increased damage output is fine?
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    So you think SoD giving you a 100%+ increased damage output is fine?

The highest i got so far was 8 stacks with SoD....
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    isuuck2 wrote: »
    Either this or their defensive mech needs to be nerfed. If itc was to be nerfed the stealth reveal will need to go away and nothing else will need to be changed, because going further would ruin the class. Now atm i don't really thing itc should be getting a nerf hammer though.

You see, this is the problem.
    Dumb****s who don't understand that TR has two(2) paragon paths.

Has it occurred to you that, I dunno, the less popular paragon path doesn't have ITC? Did it occur to you that Stealth and straight up killing the enemy first is their only defense?
    Did it occur to you that only one(1) paragon path has Shoxecution?

This is why non-TRs shouldn't be posting in TR related threads. 95% of you are ****ing morons.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    You see, this is the problem.
    Dumb****s who don't understand that TR has two(2) paragon paths.

Has it occurred to you that, I dunno, the less popular paragon path doesn't have ITC? Did it occur to you that Stealth and straight up killing the enemy first is their only defense?
    Did it occur to you that only one(1) paragon path has Shoxecution?

This is why non-TRs shouldn't be posting in TR related threads. 95% of you are ****ing morons.

Nobody cares about WhisperKnife because it's always been the inferior paragon.

WhisperKnife is only viable for Scoundrel with Vengeace's Pursuit and Hateful Knives being amazing gap-closing tools.

Other than that, Saboteur trolls with Disheartening Strike and WK executionners REALLY aren't threatening. Plus Disheartening Strike was ninja-nerfed by the developpers instead of Shocking Execution and Gloaming Cut.

It's sad but it's like that, the difference that makes a paragon trash/overpower another is always a single thing (ITC, Threatening Rush, Storm Spell, etc etc).

That being said, I respect WhisperKnives trying to be their own thing and not follow the norm while putting up a some sort of challenge.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They should remove knives edge and put in a feat that allows us to allow our party members to go stealth when we stealth hehe
    Oh wait this is dnd...

Ok ok remove knives edge and put backstab feat...
    Adds additional 20% ignore damage reduction with attacks done from behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    I just killed a 17k TR and his SW partner with my, now, 15k TR... TBH, my first LB just crit'ed for 3.5k on the TR... SoD just did 5k of damage, but that is due i forgot to slot "First Strike". Anyway, while i saw that, i focused on the SW, just using Gloaming Cut... at 3rd strike + SoD i just dealt around 35k damage and while i caugh the TR correctly (this is, TR miraclously/by a miracle did not deflected LB), i just crit'ed for 10ks, SE'd for almost 30ks and ... (sarcasm) So, yes, the class is fine as it is right now (/sarcasm). Yes, that TR were a bit of a bad player... and Saboteur, i think.

U are living proof the class is fine but some players just suck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

When a TR can Shocking Execute a player 90%+ HP for 36k+ and kill you regardless of defensive stats/tenacity/deflect thats not "pretty good"

When a TR with NO enchants (offensive or weapon) gets an "insta" crit for 20k lashing blade as a 10k GS player thats "pretty good"?

Or how about lashing blades that crit for 30k+ and then you get hit for a minimum 15k Shadow of Demise 3 seconds later that is irresistible damage? The double proc only makes all this worse...

3) Daze needs to be revisited. I am not familiar with how this is working currently, but have heard TRs can basically spam CoS and its nearly perma daze (HEARD havnt SEEN). However I have felt like TRs have very exceptional CC with their new dazes.

same time gf can stack 75k hp
    and tr attack with 2k non crit gc and no daze
    sure man np
    even regen tick is way more then that lol
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    f2pma wrote: »
    sure man np

2k from an at will without crit and buffs is already much. Compare that to 800 damage for sure strike on a marked target.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    2k from an at will without crit and buffs is already much. Compare that to 800 damage for sure strike on a marked target.

just shows how u dont even have basic knowlege of this game
    gc is slowest at will in game
    pro tr lands 2 gc per fight
    and pro tr lands 2 encounters at most per fight
    if by that time target not dead it will never be dead
    so in best case if not deflected tr dealth 5k dmg on tank lol
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    sure man np

Since when do Trs NOT crit?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    Since when do Trs NOT crit?

i was answering to your very smart friend and making a point that if u take crit from tr and piercing its useles
    dont ask silly questions not in the mood
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    U are living proof the class is fine but some players just suck...
    Your a living proof that some players suck at being honest about their broken class to keep it Op, Tr fine lol seek help.
    i was answering to your very smart friend and making a point that if u take crit from tr and piercing its useles

But always in the mood to defend this Joke of a class that Tr has become in pvp.

Did 15 matches today -13 had 4 Trs 1 had 3 Tr and 1 Had 2.
    In every single match the one of the Trs had best Kd ratio often followed by another Tr.
    Every single match was won by the Trs exept 3 where they actually played a minor part.
    The team with the best 2 Trs usally dominated so hard it was over in a couple of min.

During fights in mid you hardly ever got the chanse to use any abilitys at all due to daze if any Tr was there.

This is beoynd broken its like Tr live in their own pvp and we others run around as bait.

The differance when i play my Gwf and my Hr is that Hr dont get one shotted as much due to dodge but that evens out with getting chain cced to death.

Am sorry for all of you defending this if you honestly belive yourselfs......
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Then ****ing raise your crit stat. Like, you know, the rest of us.

Besides, 2k non-crit from gloaming cut is nonsense. I'm sure you can easily deal at least twice that without the help of crit.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Wouldn't a simple act of reducing damage and crit % in stealth make a world of difference? Only the Executioner should have feats late in its tree that increase damage in stealth and that should be at the expense of survival.

Multiple procs on Shadow of Demise need to be sorted out, piercing damage needs to be toned down and daze should be halved against players as well.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »

Yup, it looks like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8SUWztEaY&list=UUVjUUAyS6GgT42RvVQYb3AQ
    Maddnes....
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just shows how u dont even have basic knowlege of this game
    gc is slowest at will in game
    pro tr lands 2 gc per fight
    and pro tr lands 2 encounters at most per fight
    if by that time target not dead it will never be dead
    so in best case if not deflected tr dealth 5k dmg on tank lol

You must be talking about yourself there friend because Gloaming Cut is freaking Rapid fire next to Crushing surge and Cleave, and does about 3-5 times the dmg.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im scared when I see 90% changes made by players affecting PvE in great way... I really hope balacing TR in PvP wont bury them again in PvE :/