test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Issues - 1/2/2015 (resolved)

Comments

• kurtketkurtket Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    By odd co-incidence I had just seen a Drake Handler tell a Rage Drake to "play dead" before the server crashed.

I've heard of obediance but that's atking things a bit too far lol
  • thyralionthyralion Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We just got a ton of free stuff / gifts / very cheap mounts / relatively cheap wards and so on and so forth. They´re supposed to compensate us? For what?
    Over the past Cryptic / PWE made several changes to the game they should fall on their knees and beg for forgiveness for - but here we seem to have technical problems and those just can happen.
  • yesibebadyesibebad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This has something to do with my son's nap time because it always goes down when he is asleep and I have uninterrupted time to play!
    Blame the toddler...
  • forfidforfid Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the servers just need to be upgraded. Pretty sure it's about time to beef up the servers.
  • rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    *crosses fingers* Oh please let chat be broken again!!!
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    any truth to the rumour a DC can crash the server by using a certain combination of ablities in a dungeon like CN?

im in ur castle killin ur server. lol.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    any truth to the rumour a DC can crash the server by using a certain combination of ablities in a dungeon like CN?

now THAT is a good promotion for DC abilities :)
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jayson3080 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic... Now that i am 60 what else is there to do? how to get purple gear for lvl 60?

Well the game really begins at lvl 60, start running T1 or T2 dungeons to get epic gear, find a guild to join to help you run content, you can find groups in the "looking for Groups" channel, also you can start on your campaign boons, Dread ring and Sharandar
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Im not pro dev/publisher anything video games. BUT Cryptic/PWE or whoever decides it did us all well with Christmas event in general. Give them some time theyll be back up. I just like how well worded Akro was with his post so I questioned it hehe :cool:
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think they are going to say any exploits that crash a server so that people don't go around doing them on purpose thinking it's funny. That's what happened with 100 Balors being summoned at once in NWN Classic once people found out. Had to disable the **** summon thingie... : mumble grumbles on coding:

Also, what causes the outages isn't necisarilly information they have to provide to the public. It's broke, they'll fix it.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2015

Tbh that was the BEST THING EVER!!
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    z0skii wrote: »
    Tbh that was the BEST THING EVER!!

How did anything work... wait... did people... use QUEUEs to get into DUNGEONs? and what about the TIAMAT times. :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blckknts wrote: »
    i want a cat lol / don't like the 110% horse like i thought i would

I have a dragon.. she is very nice
  • jayson3080jayson3080 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    caladon2 wrote: »
    Well the game really begins at lvl 60, start running T1 or T2 dungeons to get epic gear, find a guild to join to help you run content, you can find groups in the "looking for Groups" channel, also you can start on your campaign boons, Dread ring and Sharandar

where are the T1 or T2 dungeons at? I stopped playing after closed beta, so have no clue about anything.
  • cetangleskacetangleska Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    When this happened on this past Wednesday, it was almost 6 hours before we could play. And, I would like to mention, I'm certainly glad they did their quarterly sever maintenance on Tuesday this week. I can't imagine what we would be experiencing if they hadn't
  • ariakaituariakaitu Member Posts: 75
    edited January 2015
    z0skii wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you even notice this. BUT this is indeed a p2p game IF you got the cash for it. OTHER then that it;s f2p for those that don't mind the grinding out phase. But hey you got it tho.

its a free to play game with in app purchases just like every single free and not so free games on smart phones. the game CAN be done well enough without depositing hundreds of bucks into THEIR pockets. I should know. i spent 10$ for the first time buyer's pack and thats it. i refuse to give any money to a game who's performance is shoddy at best.

" you get what you pay for" An old adage thats been said by the generations above me and my generation as well. you young children ( 25 and younger) have absolutely no sense of the phrases we grew up with ( with rare exception ill grant you)

your world WILL NOT END because you cannot play a video game. go outside.. go do some laundry... fold clothes... wash dishes... play a different game if you are so addiced to the light shining from a screen

but for the love of god quit your complaining at the devs who are doing their best to make you happy.

ive been in customer service before... some person comes in demanding change for a 100 and throws a 30 cent pack of gum on the counter, ill safe vend 80 bucks in 1's making him wait the 3 min between each vend. the nice ones i vend s20's and say have a nice day

treat others how you would like to be treated in the same circumstances.
  • z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2015
    How did anything work... wait... did people... use QUEUEs to get into DUNGEONs? and what about the TIAMAT times. :P

Yeah for the must part if you wasn't in a guild with access to Ts3 and what not. Lol thought the non spam and rude people was the best Nw playing I had in a while.
  • bluellbluell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2015

no kidding between servers down and trying form a group around the million an hour spam adds for buy buy buy who need chat anymore
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know this is off topic... Now that i am 60 what else is there to do? how to get purple gear for lvl 60?

Start a new thread and people will happily help you out.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • paw33lpaw33l Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe some information when you will be able to enter ( in theory )
  • letsrollsomeletsrollsome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The 2nd server outtage in a week?

How can you expect us to still be patient?

I dont want any free stuff, I just want to play the game, but the server is bugged since mod5 came out and now we reached a point where it crashes twice a week.

Many people paid a lot of money for zen, is it too much to ask for a stable server enviorment with stable software, serviced my confident personal?
  • blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok

So the servers are down....stop beating the guys up that are working hard to fix it....

Anyway let start a quiz...

1) What was the cape of catastrophe for?

2) What race was released to buyers knight of the feywild pack.

3) What race was first only released as part of a pack but then a more general released to all players.

4) What goddess is all about the heart and two people.

5) What drow goddess was good.

Start adding your own questions to this thread about neverwinter and forgotten realms in general

And of course try to come up with the answers.
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even though I'm going to miss out on a bunch of daily stuff and thus miss out on the overall weekly stuff. (pfft not end of the world) I'll just be happy for it to be back online so I can mess about in Foundry I'd be happy.

However I really do think they need to think about getting more server space the game is obviously popular to be getting enough people on at weekends and Holidays seasons for them to overload like this all the time. I am sorry to say but it is getting like we can set a watch to it. :/ I know there is little that can be done other then the lengthy process of rebooting and stabilising them ( <-trying to speak english not nerd here). but honsily something needs doing to stop this happening as much as it dose, :/ the EU servers have been sketechy and very laggy since the last black out, in that you rubberband EVERYwhere for no reason. they've been laggy the past few days but then just as the USA wakes up BAM we all black out again big time. This says to me serveroverload from to many people on at the same time. It happend with Seganet, It happens with Microsoft and sony EVERY xmas, It happens with guild wars 2 every BIG hol' (like xmas) and its clarely happening here to. :/ and all anyone can do both sides is pull hair out of heads.

I'm seeing people asking for free stuff. To those PPL. What are you 2 year olds who just dropped their Icecream?! most of us would be happy for the game to just work!
  • nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just curious, in the launcher where it shows "Server Status:" will that auto update when the servers come back if I leave the launcher up? Or is it like other game's launchers where you have to constantly close it and reopen it to see any changes?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ive been in customer service before... some person comes in demanding change for a 100 and throws a 30 cent pack of gum on the counter, ill safe vend 80 bucks in 1's making him wait the 3 min between each vend. the nice ones i vend s20's and say have a nice day

treat others how you would like to be treated in the same circumstances.

Not to knock on you, but thats quite hypocritical...
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    where are the T1 or T2 dungeons at? I stopped playing after closed beta, so have no clue about anything.

T1 and T2 dungeons are the epic version of dungeons you probably ran through at the end of each adventure zone, like Cloak Tower or Spellplague Caverns. You can form parties at Protector's Enclave.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Again?!

I'm starting to really wonder if this is a ddos or something.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Moderator Notice:

Just a reminder folks on Memes and Images;

Any links, graphics and/or other "memes" that are posted, that are not directly related to the topic, will either be edited out or their posts removed entirely. This means that all posted images must pertain to Neverwinter Online, Neverwinter Nights, or Dungeons & Dragons in general. Anything that does not fall into this, will be removed with or without warning.

So please, if you use Memes to convey discussion or comments, please use D&D related ones and keep them respectful and in accordance with the Rules of Conduct.

Any questions, please feel free to contact any Community Moderator.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nubgamer wrote: »
    Just curious, in the launcher where it shows "Server Status:" will that auto update when the servers come back if I leave the launcher up? Or is it like other game's launchers where you have to constantly close it and reopen it to see any changes?

Last time it didnt change...
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The preview server works guys, I was even able to send a PM to akromatik, and he replied O.o
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
This discussion has been closed.