test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Issues - 1/2/2015 (resolved)

Comments

• darklotusdarklotus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jayson3080 wrote: »
    I know this is off topic... Now that i am 60 what else is there to do? how to get purple gear for lvl 60?

Campaigns and Boons, little flag upper right side middle, daily repeats in Sharandar, Dread Ring, Tyranny of Dragons, pvp, ect ect...to progress Boons and Campaigns and Tiamat every top of the hour and you can press K to queue up for skirmishes and dungeons
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If the server was accidentally down, I am OK with it. It happens. But I have to say the crashes of the server since maybe mod 5 or even mod 4 was kind of predictable, it always happened after a server maintenance. This is very strange. I hope this time the engineers could solve the problem, not just some temporary fix.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Moderator Notice:

Just a reminder folks on Memes and Images;

Any links, graphics and/or other "memes" that are posted, that are not directly related to the topic, will either be edited out or their posts removed entirely. This means that all posted images must pertain to Neverwinter Online, Neverwinter Nights, or Dungeons & Dragons in general. Anything that does not fall into this, will be removed with or without warning.

So please, if you use Memes to convey discussion or comments, please use D&D related ones and keep them respectful and in accordance with the Rules of Conduct.

Any questions, please feel free to contact any Community Moderator.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator

I it allowed to Post D&D Memes?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i think this problem can be fixed if they restart their dsl, happens to me sometimes.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nubgamer wrote: »
    Just curious, in the launcher where it shows "Server Status:" will that auto update when the servers come back if I leave the launcher up? Or is it like other game's launchers where you have to constantly close it and reopen it to see any changes?

I gather it polls the server to change to green when available, so yes, I use this method to watch for maintenance finishing on Thursdays ...
  • z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited January 2015
    vcek wrote: »
    i think this problem can be fixed if they restart their dsl, happens to me sometimes.

Lol if only..
  • nubgamernubgamer Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I gather it polls the server to change to green when available, so yes, I use this method to watch for maintenance finishing on Thursdays ...

Thank you dragonsbloods :)
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just... to be sure I've repeated myself on an answer to a question I've answered before -

No, It shouldn't matter if you're using ARC or Steam right now to access server. Server down is server down.

Redundancy is redundant.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • lollernoob1000lollernoob1000 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ill be back after the break >:D If anyone here likes rp, feel free to friend me in the meantime!

Do your best fixing the servers !!
  • neoneverwinterneoneverwinter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why the guys dont fix neverwinter everytime bug's ,laggs.disconnected it's not fun at all anymore,,
    they need to make an server only for neverwinter and not for neverwinter and starwars.

i hope they fix this problem very fast.
    and but the server fast online. ;-(
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GUYS, lets have a fishing contest on the PREVIEW SERVER, come on everyone!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • argonassiargonassi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    We are aware that players are having connection/login issue with Neverwinter. We are investigating this issue and will keep you updated as we get more information.

Is this related to the Gateway being unuseable for the last two days?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    I it allowed to Post D&D Memes?
    Yes, for example this would be acceptable in a related topic:

dnd_meme_fireball01.jpg

Even if the Memes are D&D material, they must still be used in accordance with the Rules of Conduct.

Please Private Message any Moderator for any other discussions on this, as we don't normally discuss the rules on the forums. However, with the amount of Meme's we've been removing today, I felt it would be best to bring this up here.

We're also more lenient on "Off-topic" memes, as long as they're D&D material, in service outage threads like this. We do allow non-D&D material memes in Off-topic though.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • skugganskuggan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe it as simple as it's been Christmas and holidays, and during that time the servers datacenter still needed to be cleaned, so perhaps there was new people there cleaning without the proper ESD-clothes and tools. It's happened many times in the past that servers became unstable due to ESD damage caused by the cleaninstaff that dragged plastic bags and stuff over the floor close to the servers. A server inside a metal case doesnt not count as a faradays cage, the electrostatic current will go through everything that sits inside that casing. :)
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ill be back after the break >:D If anyone here likes rp, feel free to friend me in the meantime!

Do your best fixing the servers !!

OOOOOOOOOoooooooo RP *said in the style of Minons in dispcable me*
  • indigo125indigo125 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With the gateway down and the shard broken today the only thing i really think they should do is credit celestial coin that expire during the shard being down.
  • greensaigreensai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 39
    edited January 2015
    Sir..... have you checked if the power plug is connected to the wall?

Have you pressed the power button......
  • sheeirennsheeirenn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GUYS!!!!!
    try to log in I just managed to.
    But please one after an other ;-P
  • vyrokkvyrokk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why the guys dont fix neverwinter everytime bug's ,laggs.disconnected it's not fun at all anymore,,
    they need to make an server only for neverwinter and not for neverwinter and starwars.

i hope they fix this problem very fast.
    and but the server fast online. ;-(

You mean Star Trek. Nerds everywhere that read this will have you hung!
  • dragonladytjedragonladytje Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    blckknts wrote: »
    i want a cat lol / don't like the 110% horse like i thought i would

For real i love cats alot i have two cats myself but the NW cats are ugly and have a muscle desease in their front paws they don't stand and look natural
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Yes, for example this would be acceptable in a related topic:

dnd_meme_fireball01.jpg

Even if the Memes are D&D material, they must still be used in accordance with the Rules of Conduct. Please Private Message for any other discussions on this, as we don't normally discuss the rules but with the amount of Meme's we've been removing today, I felt it would be best to bring this up here.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

PFFT please everyone knows a Wizards Best friend is Magic Missile!

MagicMissile.jpg
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    greensai wrote: »
    Sir..... have you checked if the power plug is connected to the wall?

Have you pressed the power button......

Roy Trenneman: [picking up the phone] Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again? Uh... okay, well, the button on the side, is it glowing? Yeah, you need to turn it on... uh, the button turns it on... yeah, you do know how a button works don't you? No, not on clothes.
    Maurice Moss: [picking up the phone] Hello, IT... Have you tried forcing an unexpected reboot?
    Roy: No, no there you go, no there you go. I just heard it come on... no, no, that's the music you heard when it come on... no, that's the music you hear when... I'm sorry, are you from the past?
    Moss: See the driver hooks a function by patching the system call table, so it's not safe to unload it unless another thread's about to jump in there and do its stuff, and you don't want to end up in the middle of invalid memory! [chuckle] Hello?
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another oblivion portal mustve opened on top of the servers.
  • autylautyl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yaay server is on again..Thank you for fixing it guys ;)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    For real i love cats alot i have two cats myself but the NW cats are ugly and have a muscle desease in their front paws they don't stand an look natural
    I love my white tiger and chult cat, both are 110% and if you're familiar with wild cats, you'd see their stances are actually pretty spot on as is their muscle structure for a feline their size.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ok, so im logged in, and it says people are online in my guild roster, but they arent...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Neverwinter is back and the login/connection issues have been resolved. Gateway is also back online. See you in-game!
  • galgallingalgallin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fy8qy.jpg
    edited January 2015
    akromatik wrote: »
    Neverwinter is back and the login/connection issues have been resolved. Gateway is also back online. See you in-game!
    With this announcement, closing this thread up now. Thanks everyone who took the initiative to post their meme's within our rules. Those are great!

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.