test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Enthusiast Pack (Bug report - resolved)

Comments

• cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gipsylass wrote: »
    Zebular, thanks for your answers. Could you please try and find out what criteria qualifies some players as "loyal"? I could even udnerstand not being classified as "loyal", since I took a long break - but still it would be nice to know what the criteria is. Thanks.

I'll tell you what's not a criteria to be "loyal": playtime. I have ~63 days played in total (~1412 hours) since game release (may 2013 if I recall corrcetly) and yup, you guessed I'm not "loyal".
    All of us probably know what they mean by "loyal" but the real question is: what total quantity is considered "loyal"?
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Loyality:

My guess is, there are different criterias and only some have to be fulfilled.

At least I know for sure, it's not invested time OR money alone. I know people, who got it with different amounts of time and money invested (even one who never paid a single Euro/Dollar).

We still don't know for sure.

PE / Devs / Whoever is responsible:

Thank you very much for the nice gift and especially for the fast patch that does not only enable us opening the pack, but also lets us use two of these bags. I really appreciate that.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm more disappointed everyday. I never receive the regular emails on my main account (I assume it's because my account is Cryptic's pre-PWE), so I guess that even if I quality for the unsaid prerequisites to receive it, I would not be able to know.

Note: I''m pretty sure I'd qualify for this as I have spend a LOT since beta (around 20 ZEN purchases and every pack released since then)
    Note 2: Yeah, I'm a Hero of the North owner even if my forums does not list me that
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    gipsylass wrote: »
    Zebular, thanks for your answers. Could you please try and find out what criteria qualifies some players as "loyal"? I could even udnerstand not being classified as "loyal", since I took a long break - but still it would be nice to know what the criteria is. Thanks.

This is not likely to be answered. However these promotions have been sent out in waves before and I wouldn't be surprised to see people complaining today finding the promotions in their e-mail within a few weeks.

Also note you have to allow PWE to send e-mails in order to get these promotions.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Just to make sure folks are properly set to get Email Promotions:

1) Go to www.arcgames.com and log in on the top right.
    2) Left-Click on your
    "@handle" on the top right for the drop down menu.
    3) Left-Click on
    "My Account."
    4) Click
    "Settings" on the bottom left.
    5) Select the
    "Language Preference" tab.
    6) Select your preferred language as a radial dial button.
    7) Check mark the final option,
    "Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address."
    8) Left-Click the
    "Save Change" blue button.

After saving, you may want to go and make sure your registered email is set to your current one. You can access this area by clicking on the
    "My Account" section on the left. This will also be a great time to change your password, if you haven't done so in a few weeks.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited December 2014
    *edited and removed cause of my nubness ability to talk before I think* :)
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »

2) Left-Click on your
    3) Left-Click on
    "My Account."
    4) Click
    5) Select the
    "Allow us to send occasional newsletters and updates to your registered email address."
    8) Left-Click the

After saving, you may want to go and make sure your registered email is set to your current one. You can access this area by clicking on the
    "My Account" section on the left. This will also be a great time to change your password, if you haven't done so in a few weeks.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Actually this is a major reason people probably don't receive these. Good tip!
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ill have to look at my settings. I received the Ioun Stone (which I believe was limited) offer waaay back early this year and got the vanguard (not sure if limited), maybe a month ago. So I think my settings are fine. Unless ARC changed itself. But maybe this promotion is just limited.

PS I get an internal server error when attempting to check my ARC login...... ... .......... arc..... yah.....
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »

2) Left-Click on your
    3) Left-Click on
    "My Account."
    4) Click
    5) Select the
    8) Left-Click the

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator

Thanks Zebular,

That was my case. Mine was not enabled so now I feel I missed this one for good.

I just wish the "official" game support was as informative as you. Keep up the excellent work!
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From what I have learned, the email for this does not contain a code. Many people just checked the Reward Agent and it was there, having never gotten the email.

That said, the mystery criteria could be X days, Y days played, Z days since joining, PLUS being on the mailing list, and you need all these to be considered "Loyal". I could live with that.

Still hopeful this is coming to all and its a rolling rollout. Not one to make threats or anything, but things like this sure make me want to holster the wallet (IE secret, mystery giveaways with no announcement, especially around Christmas, the season of giving).
  • mot1965mot1965 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is not likely to be answered. However these promotions have been sent out in waves before and I wouldn't be surprised to see people complaining today finding the promotions in their e-mail within a few weeks.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if my wallet remains shut until the wave rolls on in ;) Kidding aside, it would seem that Cryptic would have anticipated this type of reaction to a "Loyalty reward" program and have some type of stock answer. Or a rewards system with different tiers depending on how much you had contributed including time, money or both. In this case everyone gets a reward with various prizes.

M.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My account has been set to receive emails from PWE/Cryptic from the start and has never been changed as I got my email about the Stormrider companion a few months back. And before anyone says it. I just checked and it is still set to receive emails.
  • mot1965mot1965 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    My account has been set to receive emails from PWE/Cryptic from the start and has never been changed as I got my email about the Stormrider companion a few months back. And before anyone says it. I just checked and it is still set to receive emails.

Mine as well.

M.
  • vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It was mentioned that these come in waves, I sure hope that is the case. My email is set up and has always been, I have a lot of play time and have spent more than I care to mention here.
    GF - Sigh
    edited December 2014
    It has not officially been said about any of this. Moderators are volunteers and not paid employees of PWE/Cryptic. Until something is said from PWE/Cryptic then anything said is just someone's opinion on how things work. I hope that is the case that they are coming in waves.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    It has not officially been said about any of this. Moderators are volunteers and not paid employees of PWE/Cryptic. Until something is said from PWE/Cryptic then anything said is just someone's opinion on how things work. I hope that is the case that they are coming in waves.
    That is not entirely true. Yes, Community Moderators are Volunteers. However, we are still a part of the Community Staff. We are just Volunteer Staff Members. We have a direct line of Communication with PWE (except for Billing Support - even we still have to use player means for Support).

We can and do speak for the Devs in official capacities upon instruction or when we have access to an official answer or statement. For me personally, this is when I type in this color font and don't include my in-character signature image. As for this particular topic, we have no information we can share on this promotion other than what I've already posted, which was in regard to the hotfix last thursday. The matter of who gets promotions and who doesn't, is a matter of Billing and only a Developer or Community Manager (not Moderator) can give an answer to such questions and they haven't given us any such answers yet. If such an answer does come down the Community Staff pipe-line, then we'll be able to answer such an inquiry.

When I chat
    in this color, it is most likely chock full of my own opinions or discussions and not a direct official statement or conveyance.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    vaulwyn wrote: »
    It was mentioned that these come in waves, I sure hope that is the case. My email is set up and has always been, I have a lot of play time and have spent more than I care to mention here.

It tends to pay off to read my posts very specifically as I use pretty specific wording.

These types of promotions have come in waves in the past. I did not say this promotion is coming in waves. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if this came in waves like the Ioun Stone of Radiance but that is not an answer relayed to me by staff. E-mail promotions tend to be very tight lipped and getting information about them from PWE/Cryptic has been like pulling teeth at times.

As Zeb said we do have a direct line of communication so we do relay official information but we tend to make it fairly clear 'the developers said' or color code in some way. We can get answers to a lot of questions especially if it is regarding something originating from the Community Team but when players ask how people are selected or why they didn't get a promotional item it's really not likely to be answered. We've asked and the answers don't come. :p
    edited December 2014
    Well for this I think they need to answer as it is Christmas after all and shouldn't give some a free item and others nothing.
    edited December 2014
    I fail to understand why you need a trophy because someone else got one? Are you that entitled that you HAVE to have everything everyone else has? Businesses give people different things all the time It is called "Targeted Marketing" and the purpose of it is to A. get the targeted group to spend more and B. get the non-targeted group to spend more to so next time they can be in the targeted group.

Go back to page 6 of this topic and read Zeb's post on what the email contained. It says Loyal Players in the email. They have missed a lot of loyal players. I have been playing PWE/Cryptic games since 2009 and have spent money in all the games I played. How loyal is that. Yet I never got the email.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Go back to page 6 of this topic and read Zeb's post on what the email contained. It says Loyal Players in the email. They have missed a lot of loyal players. I have been playing PWE/Cryptic games since 2009 and have spent money in all the games I played. How loyal is that. Yet I never got the email.

Well you're not alone. Ive yet to get the email as well. It would seem, my loyalty is in question too :(
    edited December 2014
    It's not loyalty. It's random with a fancy name. Trust me that feedback has been passed along...

But seriously don't ever heed the words of such email promotions as bearing meaning. The same nonsense happened with Ioun Stones.
    edited December 2014
    One out of three community moderators...

If we are not "loyal" then I would say their definition differs from ours. It's random.

But you also don't see us fretting. :p
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, Loyal was probably the worst possible word to use. :P

Things I've worked out from observation on the forums and in-game that it isn't:

- Recent zen purchases. (Several who have purchased large amounts in the past month have gotten nothing, someone who hasn't bought zen in over six months did.)

- Not making recent zen purchases. (Several who bought recently did.

- Spending zen recently. (Several who bought a bunch of things lately didn't get it.)

- Not spending zen recently. (Someone who apparently has never even used the exchange much less bought zen has it.)

- Recent support tickets. (Three in the past two weeks personally, one for billing, two for player behaviour.)

- Owning Zen store packs. (I own Warlock and Dragonborn Legend, bought the latter recently with real money during a sale and got the Storm Rider companion from the zen transfer, which I got an email notifying me about.)

- Not owning Zen store packs. (See: Hotfix for not being able to have two dragon hoard bags.)

- Owning cash-only packs. (I own Feywild, people who own Hero of the North and bought it more recently than I bought Feywild didn't get it either.)

- Not owning cash-only packs. (Lots of people)

- Spending x amount on zen this year. (It is not $100, nor is it $200. Higher amounts not confirmed but given that people who haven't ever bought or used zen have reported getting it, it's not that)

- Playing since Open Beta

- Playing since Closed Beta

- Being a new player

- Using ARC

- Not using ARC

- Recently redeeming codes in ARC

...And probably a few other eliminated things I've forgotten.

All of these have turned up people both with and without the 'loyalty' reward.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You are confusing the word Loyalty with something it is not. The Reward is called the "Enthusiast Pack" not the "Loyal Member Pack". The singular Focus on a single word in a email announcing the reward is childish.

...Did you just call a mod childish for noting that a choice of terminology was poor?

I think you've got a bit of a case of reverse entitlement. Your posts drip with 'Well I got mine, anyone who didn't but might want it is childish and entitled and should go away'. ;P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
    edited December 2014
    The email says, and I quote, "The Neverwinter Team would like to take a moment to thank our loyal players." No where does it say "all loyal players" nor does the subject allude to being for "all" loyal players. The subject of the email is, "A Gift For Our Loyal Players" again, not "all our loyal players."

Loyalty can be determined in an unimaginable number of ways. There can even be various stages in a degree of loyalty, from any number of perspectives. This is not defined in the email and should therefore not be the sole focus of a defining assumption of the intent of the mention of loyalty there-in.

For an example assumption, which there can be many, from the sound of the following statement,
    "Without your contribution, Neverwinter would not have evolved into the game that it is today.," and the name of the pack, "Enthusiast Pack," it sounds like it may be geared to either Alpha or Beta players or possibly Preview Playing Players.

Who knows, it could be a progressive gift that gets sent out when a set number of criteria are met on an account. The email even outright says that there is more in store for the Community, "We have more in store for the Neverwinter community, but for now we would like to show our appreciation by offering you a gift!" Patience should be observed.

Barring that, one can feel free to file a ticket and inquire why one hasn't gotten an Enthusiast Pack.
    edited December 2014
    *chuckles madly*

Oh wait, that reminds me... bah, it's only been two weeks... what's one more going to hurt?

Anyway, closing this down now as this was originally about a bug and that bug's now been fixed. If anyone has any questions or further issues with the Enthusiast Pack, please file a Support Ticket.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.