test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Parcels

markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Checking my math. I see the countdown saying 14 days total, which means 14 free parcels since it is once per day, right? Which means in order to take advantage of the 15 or 20 parcel possibilities, they want us to spend Zen. So really this is just a new sales technique?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The countdown is to the START of the end bit, if that makes sense. The first bit lasts 14 days, the "zenith " is another 7 days in total. So it's fine.
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    opening the gift of simril in a party also counts as opening one so you can get 28 with out buying anything.
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    *counts fingers and toes*.... So... there are 21 days and you can get 28... wait... Nevermind. I'll look on the online calendar...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    You're not counting the Zenith, which starts Jan 1st, when rewards are increased.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Checking my math. I see the countdown saying 14 days total, which means 14 free parcels since it is once per day, right? Which means in order to take advantage of the 15 or 20 parcel possibilities, they want us to spend Zen. So really this is just a new sales technique?

Shocking, cryptic are trying to make Money???
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    So it will include double the packages?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    So it will include double the packages?
    Not necessarily. Last year, it was things like double rewards from the 15 minute events, light exchange for stars and vice versa, and so on. Basically, it made getting vendor items easier.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I was opening Starlight Parcels today on my characters and guess what I happened to stumble upon ... OK, I'll just tell you - a Sabiki Rig! For those of you that don't know what it is: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sabiki_Rig . I didn't know either before I got it :o
    I know it's all RNG (again), but I caught about 140 Candle fish in those 12 minutes.
    Yesterday I got a 10 Preservation Ward pack.
    I'm getting kinda excited about opening these Parcels now :D

I wanna say a big THANK YOU to the devs for not making it all about the grinding this year, and actually including gifts in this holiday event.

What awesome gifts have you guys got so far? What are you hoping for?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    About 7 respec tokens opening only free parcels on 15 characters, a few scrolls of mass life, exp boosters, sabiki rig two or three times. I'm impressed to say the least.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited December 2014
    You must have been a very good boy this year :D
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got 28 toons so that's a lot of gifts.

A retraining token pack is probably my best so far, of course the better gifts come at the end presuming I don't forget some days (which is easy to do when you do so many...

Also got the bait and the refiner's cache and a couple scrolls of mass life. Also some xp packs as someone above said that reminded me.

This event has #@+!ed me right up though since I have 13 gond mounts that I thought hey, they are a rare drop from a pack that cost 1m AD, they're pretty sweet, they're sure to go up in price. They fell from 3m AD to 1m AD. Not only that but you can get cockatrices and chickens which I also got a few of. It's really not my luck. However I still have an income and people are getting rewards so that's great.

zomg frish r being positive, this must be an alternative universe you've slipped in
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    zomg frish r being positive, this must be an alternative universe you've slipped in

I hear you man. I'm usually skeptical ans bitter about this game, but I love the Winter Festival. Maybe it's the Christmas spirit or some shi....
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    It would have been nice to add an exchange token to change the little sparks for one shop into big stars for the other and vice versae, and to trade them between chars, like at the summer festival.

There was last year, I'd be surprised if they don't this year. Plus the event is up for weeks, possibly double rewards at the end too? If you really just want one companion, it should be plenty easy to achieve.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Not necessarily. Last year, it was things like double rewards from the 15 minute events, light exchange for stars and vice versa, and so on. Basically, it made getting vendor items easier.

Probably when they'll introduce the Winter Wolf mount also.
  • bjwylerbjwyler Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2014
    What's a real bummer is that you need a level 15 character to get the parcels. Nothing mentioned about that until you talk to the NPC that hands them out. I understand the reasoning for having a level requirement, but for holiday events, it should be a minimal level so that newer people, or those of us who play casually still can partake in these rewards.
    "The ability to LeetSpeak does not make one intelligent."
    "Ask a stupid question and the Morons will answer."
    "The True measure of a gamer is the ability to ignore epeen and just enjoy a game"
    -- Hanok Odbrook
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    About 7 respec tokens opening only free parcels on 15 characters, a few scrolls of mass life, exp boosters, sabiki rig two or three times. I'm impressed to say the least.

Respecs bound to character that opened them?
    edited December 2014
    bjwyler wrote: »
    What's a real bummer is that you need a level 15 character to get the parcels.

Exploit prevention. Imagine: a gold farmer with 50 character slots.
    edited December 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Respecs bound to character that opened them?

The retraining pack is bta, but who opens that gets a character bound token.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bought 25 packs with zen, opened them all and the best I got so far is retraining token *shruggs* Dunno, I was expecting at least a weapon transmute from previous events
  • ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "
    any account with 50 character slots is a paying customer.
    " Not necessarily. As most gold farmers are into it to make AD, which they then turn into ZEN. Which they then use to buy things from the ZEN store, like more character slots to increase their gold farming ability. And all with out spending one cent of their own money on the game. So, like you said "
    please be more careful how you toss around labels
    ."
    As to the OP and the topic, no it's not impossible to get the 28 pacels with out spending any real money, but Cryptic and PWE would certainly prefer you to do so.
    edited December 2014
    My 9th box (bought 7) on Old Zeb yielded a Battlefield Medic! I've also been getting things like stacks of 10x Preservation Wards, Refiner's Caches, Scarves, and other assorted goodies. I'm really happy with the Starlight Parcel addition. Thanks for the gifts!
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    With 12 chars i got 30 p.wards some ribs and random others things.So i am very happy and excited to see what else i will get. :D
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • amselamsel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Also, unlike many MMOs they have no cap on character slots. This is another mistake I think that they made.

They do have a cap, its 52. But to get the last 2 you need to buy the feywild and dragon born packs

While i like the event, (ive bought almost 200 boxes x.x)
    im kinda sad that its making some of the super hard to get pets, super cheap
    PWE player Since 2008 ;D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I'm very pleased with the parcels so far. I have gotten 3 respec tokens, a couple refiner's caches, lots of cosmetic stuff. Whoever thought of this deserves a pat on the back. :) Haven't gotten anything epic yet, but I'm sure I will soon enough! Thank you, PWE and Cryptic!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone know if the "opened box" count resets every day? Got a few preservation wards the first day, but essentially nothing of value the 2nd day....
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The counter wont reset after a day, so everyone has a chance for the 20-day reward.
    edited December 2014
    any account with 50 character slots is a paying customer. please be more careful how you toss around labels like exploit

Please. I never tossed around any labels. All I said was exploit prevention. Stop taking things so personally.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone know if the "opened box" count resets every day? Got a few preservation wards the first day, but essentially nothing of value the 2nd day....

the same here, i hope its not another story of - someone will have 10 respec tokens and someone zero ....

6chars