What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Parcels

2»

Comments

• blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    the same here, i hope its not another story of - someone will have 10 respec tokens and someone zero ....

6chars

there is bound to be that story with how RNG works sadly, can't guarantee everyone will get equal stuf in a random order afterall.

on topic, i'm glad they made this - just gotta look at the calender to see how long an event will last, some have an "extension" with a different name but drops the same stuff in a different variable.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yes, I'm also impressed that cryptic is finally giving back to the community. of course in the holiday spirit it's tied with the zen store. decent loot rewards, but we'll have to see towards event end, how RNGesus actually rewards us. you should know by now, nothing is exclusive within the game's market...NOT even when cryptic bedazzles an item as 'exclusive'

Of course with everything they've done I realise nothings totally exclusive. I just didn't expect them to have it all available and so soon. But that's the risk you take with such investments. Thankfully on the gond mounts 25m of that investment was made during the profit from selling stuff so it wasn't exactly all my AD that plummeted. If I invested that into lesser res stones though...
  • nuitrarinuitrari Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any one else noticed that the 10th parcel reward is gone? when you move your crosser over the gift it shows only the 5,15 and 20 rewards but the 10 is missing, I opened my 10th parcel today on 2 characters and didnt get any of the cool stuff that the 10 parcels should of give...
    The npc still shows the rewards for the 10 parcels on his list...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    nuitrari wrote: »
    Any one else noticed that the 10th parcel reward is gone? when you move your crosser over the gift it shows only the 5,15 and 20 rewards but the 10 is missing, I opened my 10th parcel today on 2 characters and didnt get any of the cool stuff that the 10 parcels should of give...
    The npc still shows the rewards for the 10 parcels on his list...
    There wasn't ever a 10 amount. I recall for I remember when I first got to ten, I was expecting 10+ to be a new tier and saw that 15 was the next after 5. This was day two of the event, as I bought several for Zen on the first day.
  • palkodiumpalkodium Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    There wasn't ever a 10 amount. I recall for I remember when I first got to ten, I was expecting 10+ to be a new tier and saw that 15 was the next after 5. This was day two of the event, as I bought several for Zen on the first day.
    If you talk to the girl which gives the free coupon for the gift, and talk about the rewards she says also about what are the possible gifts after opening 10 of them (Throne of the Lion, Apparatus of Gond, Doohickey, Farmer's weapon costumes, Blue Ribbon Pig mount, Fawn of Shiallia, Traveling Entertainer and Dappled Riding Horsey)

Tho yes, in the actually gift's tooltip is not saying anything about it.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So... is this counter per character or per account? I haven't seen any special drops even though I have 8 characters.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    So... is this counter per character or per account? I haven't seen any special drops even though I have 8 characters.
    It is per character. After claiming it from the Zen store, before you open the Parcel it's tool-tip will show you how many that character has opened so far.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I splurged and bought about 40 parcels - opened them all on the same character - gotten some really great stuff!

Now it's a matter of finding a place to store it all and resist the urge to buy more parcels!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My four characters have been opening packages since day 1. So far I've gotten like 8 scrolls of mass life, a small XP booster, 10 preservation wards, a couple of scarves, a couple of sabaki rigs, and my favorite so far: a gilded sword and shield of Waukeen on my GF. And I just started two more characters a few days ago and they've opened 3 each so far. This even has been pretty nice. I just hope I can make enough currency on all of them to get the fawn and the mimic. Mimic seems easy enough as long as I remember to check the telescope. For the fawn I'll need to keep fishing, a lot. The sabaki rigs should help there.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just hope I can make enough currency on all of them to get the fawn and the mimic. Mimic seems easy enough as long as I remember to check the telescope. For the fawn I'll need to keep fishing, a lot. The sabaki rigs should help there.

Remember that the Zenith of the Winter Festival is coming. If it's like last year, all contest rewards will be doubled, and you can turn the daily stars into more lights if needed.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Please. I never tossed around any labels. All I said was exploit prevention. Stop taking things so personally.

Said NO ONE on the interwebs, ever... ;)
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    It is per character. After claiming it from the Zen store, before you open the Parcel it's tool-tip will show you how many that character has opened so far.

Fair enough, I have 9 iterations so far per toon and only 3 days left. Like everything else in this game, its just another way for them to extract more money out of you. I have to pay money for a chance at a "better gift".
    edited December 2014
    Fair enough, I have 9 iterations so far per toon and only 3 days left. Like everything else in this game, its just another way for them to extract more money out of you. I have to pay money for a chance at a "better gift".
    You're forgetting the Zenith. The in game calendar is counting down to the end of the "Normal" Winter Festival. After which, the Zenith of the Winter Festival will begin. The event is only half over, ending on January 8th.
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I got a rock :(

Just kidding. Love the Charlie Brown quote.
    So far I've gotten a Rig. Which I will not sell next time! :)

And I don't mind if they give people the option of buying more.
    You don't have to buy any, and they stay in business because some people do.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It says Bind on Equip for the fawn in the Simril Store, so I can just keep fishing with one character who hoards all the Sabaki Rigs and has a nice purple fishing pole and then buy them for all my other characters, yes? Seems easier than trying to get the points spread evenly across my characters, especially if we're coming into a double points time at the zenith.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It says Bind on Equip for the fawn in the Simril Store, so I can just keep fishing with one character who hoards all the Sabaki Rigs and has a nice purple fishing pole and then buy them for all my other characters, yes?

Yes. This is exactly what I did last year, Fawn and Mimic are BoE (and the AH will be flooded with them soon enough anyway). Sled mount, however, is BoP - so keep that in mind if you're thinking of getting one. I dunno about the Horse mount, tho'