test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.4

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • Tenacity: Points in Tenacity are now worth roughly 36% more. Base Tenacity for all players remains unchanged at 10%.
  • Control Wizard
    • Chilling Advantage: The material components have been found and this feature now works correctly. Chilling.
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
    • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.
    • Last Moments: Now correctly benefits from putting points in this feat and correctly activates in all cases.
    • Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.
    • Shadowy Opportunity: This feat no longer improperly triggers multiple times on channeled powers such as Bloodbath.

Content and Environment
  • Well of Dragons
    • Factional Assets can no longer be abandoned.
    • There is more descriptive text as to where to find the items that can be donated. Talk to Elminster or interact with the donation cart for more information.
    • Resolved an issue with the Tiamat fight that could cause rewards to not be properly awarded in some cases if the map opened faster than the Event Logic could detect it.
    • Switching instances in the Temple of Tiamat has been disabled.
    • The door to the Temple of Tiamat is now easier to interact with.
    • The Temple of Tiamat now has an updated entry hall to allow for better organization of parties.
    • Tiamat's Hoard: Player investments to the Hoard will now be more impactful and chances at reaching higher tiers of investment are much better. Scaling for current population has been further adjusted to this effect as well.

Enemies
  • Tiamat: The Blue Dragon heads FX should more reliably draw on low end machines.

Items and Economy
  • Potions of Dragon Slaying and Scrolls of Protection from Dragons are now able to be equipped in your potion belt.
  • Resolved an issue that could cause level scaling items to not work properly if dyed or transmuted.
  • The Lathander artifact set bonus will now protect from injuries suffered due to death from falling.
  • Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have removed the Astral Diamond cost for the Adventuring Gear task and the items received will now be bound to account rather than bound to character.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    This is going to Preview right now. There will be one more smaller build to address a couple more things for next week, including a surprise for PvPers!

Added a few more items for the .4:
    • Well of Dragons
      • Resolved an issue with the Tiamat fight that could cause rewards to not be properly awarded in some cases if the map opened faster than the Event Logic could detect it.
      • Switching instances in the Temple of Tiamat has been disabled.
      • The door to the Temple of Tiamat is now easier to interact with.
      • Tiamat's Hoard: Player investments to the Hoard will now be more impactful and chances at reaching higher tiers of investment are much better. Scaling for current population has been further adjusted to this effect as well.
  • nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    Great Weapon Fighter
    Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

FINALY! Now the Destroyer will do some more decent dps. This upgrade is nice, i like it, so dont take it badly, but GWF also need Unstoppable to be really UNSTOPPABLE - still being in this mode GWF can be thrown away, moved somewhere or proned by various attacks from not only bosses but mobs too.

Also more and more enemies are fast moving or jumping + brainless co-players with pushing away powers are doing life harder for GWF so it will be nice if GWF can have faster powers (also during power activation, i can see animation, sound of this power but the power is interrupted, causing delay to use it again and in worse scenario the power is used without doing anything) to use these powers effectively since we are melee only.. any ranged class has a huge adventage.

And the last thing, i would like to see new pure dps oriented armor set for GWF. This class should be primary single target dmg dealer and as a second aoe dmg dealer or tanky dps. So far, after many new Modules, the best pve dps armor set is Avatar of War and that´s pretty sad. The new Draconic Templar set looks nice, it can help to party, but 1750 critical stat loss, really? Please, make a new dps armor set, stat wise (power, crit, defense) with interesting 4 set bonus, not only extra stats which are useless these days, also compared to SW Accursed Diabolist or Fabled Iliyanbruen 4 set bonus, it is really joke.

Thank you for reading this Panderus and keep up good work doing.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • chemboy613chemboy613 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Control Wizard
    Chilling Advantage: The material components have been found and this feature now works correctly

- Goodbye EotS and SS/Thuam. This feat will drastically improve spellstorm gameplay.
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So what are the chances that the GF conq tree can get a 20-30% increase in DPS? I think with a reduction in Knight's Challenge damage to not make another 1 shot class like shocking was doing, it would put us on par with the other classes as a conq is much more squishy, not ability wise, but in order to do any damage at all you have to 100% change your gear around.

CMON! gimme gimme gimme! I want to play my GF and not just be a buff bot and I know you can do it! Make it fun pweeeeeeze
  • x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well, thanks.

Nice GWF changes. It's actually something people suggested. Looks really nice.

Edited below:

Also nice change on Adventuring Gear, can you look into increasing the value of the Tiamat chest as well? Only the book is worth as much as the key.

Also can you consider making the Templar gear 10% bonuses again? I was actually considering a set at 10% but at 5% it's not really an improvement for any class over tier gear.
  • jayrad8jayrad8 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Tenacity: Points in Tenacity are now worth roughly 36% more. Base Tenacity for all players remains unchanged at 10%.
    • Control Wizard
      • Chilling Advantage: The material components have been found and this feature now works correctly. Chilling.

YUS

/10char
    Ezra@jayrad8 | M4 CW Class Advocate
    twitch.tv/ezracw | absolutegaming.guildportal.com
    #BringBackShard | M5 CW Bug List | My M3 PvP Gameplay
    PpkM0MK.png

• x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    /nt.

dbl post
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice.

Any chance at more inactive companion slots? Please? Pretty please?

P.S. I have a request to pass on from my powrie Tilu. She is asking that we try to convince her brother Frek (a thorn) to turn from the redcap evil ways...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • lvl99looterlvl99looter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • Remove the new TR's dazing feats, it causes a great imbalance.
    • Please remove some of the immunity HR's have while casting powers. For example, fox shift. HR's have a LOT of immunity.
    • Roll back Supremacy of Steel, before the damage could be mitigated.
    • Please add a 'Collect All' button for professions.
    • Sunburst CC is broken, GF's are no longer able too block the CC effect.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.

No offence, but you're fixing the wrong thing again. There is NOTHING wrong with SE damage! You just made it worse for PvE TRs!

The problem with SE is that it pierces ALL defenses, tenacity including. GWFs, GFs and SWs have no way to dodge that. Their mechanics increase their DR which is completely negated in this case. Please do something about that.

Also, 1st strike amplifies SE beyond belief. In fact, 1st strike amplifies everything beyond belief. It's too good for PvP but too bad for PvE. Why don't you make it +15% damage damage to the first attack after leaving stealth? Instead of +60% once per combat.
  • kriszbkriszb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice job on the TR changes, its the perfect amount of time to see a tr after attacking, and TRs cant faceroll everything anymore, they actually have to play intelligently. thanks!
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance

[*]Great Weapon Fighter
    • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
    • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).

ok change, but with the amount of dps in pvp atm. it still doesn't make destroyer a viable option. they'd still die in 5 seconds.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to test before I post anything...

Will be back to give my feedback for TR's

OK. Back after some testing....
    If you want to make tr visible after striking fine.
    ***However, give us the ability to tab on and tab off our stealth at will as long as we have some stealth bar remaining.
    Since we can be seen when attacking give us 100% cannot be seen at any range while not attacking.
    So even if we are right behind our target they cannot see us until we attack

Thanks

Changes to shocking execution wont prevent what is happening now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For the record; please, give a good class feature for sm/base gwf.

iam not ask for 2, or 3, or 100% critical chance, just a single strong class feature better than 3 sec of nothing. up the time of destroyer/wm to 5 sec will break the game? or make steel blitz better? steadfast determination? really? this change for a single capstone for a single tree seems a solution For ALL the problems discussed every day here? you guys just read the part of the stacks? really?

I hope the pvp surprise is unlock akuma.

ps: 0 changes on preview... came a patch, but do not know if it was the last patch or the new.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like none of the GWF changes are there. I still get 20 stacks as destroyer with pretty much the exact same DPS as before . Based on comparison with my CW, my GWF (iv/dest at 19k GS with gpf) does 1/2 the damage my 18k GS CW (Renegade does with P.Vorpal).
  • ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is going to Preview right now. There will be one more smaller build to address a couple more things for next week, including a surprise for PvPers!

Is it the new drow pvp set ?
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like none of the GWF changes are there. I still get 20 stacks as destroyer with pretty much the exact same DPS as before . Based on comparison with my CW, my GWF (iv/dest at 19k GS with gpf) does 1/2 the damage my 18k GS CW (Renegade does with P.Vorpal).

I hope they are ready to increase the damage by encounter / destroyer porpose by 50% or include all types of damage when unstoppable if the idea is "fix" the class by a single feet ... again and again...

I do not at all excited about these changes (especially if the damage is this what I saw).
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And so it begins. I can't say I didn't see this coming. This is why every TR who's been around longer than three months and isn't delusional was against stealth drain on at-wills. With the stealth drain it's now a double hit on PvP TR. Sure, Perma is currently ridiculous beyond belief, but ouch. And of course we're back to the PvE-affecting damage nerfs to things that are PvP piercing issues.

Yep, by Mod 6 we'll be back to where we were or worse.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm more than happy to test these changes with an open mind, and will do shortly.
    On the face of things though, 2 secs is probably too much. To leave stealth depletion on at-wills whilst bringing this change forward feels like balance will be incomplete.
    Modification to Bloodbath is reasonable, and whilst I almost never use it, the nerf to Shocking execution is a bad move.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Modification to Bloodbath is reasonable, and whilst I almost never use it, the nerf to Shocking execution is a bad move.

there are 3 classes who can't dodge, they get bonus DR instead which is COMPLETELY NEGATED by shocking execution, even with the nerf SE still hurts like hell and like what another TR posted in his thread it still need a further nerf.
  • ganzjganzj Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    [*]
    [*]Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.

Well this is just over nerf . Whenever we pvp we almost strike our target 90 % of the time which means we r visible 90% of the time . TR will die within 10 sec if he dont have ITC , stealth is supposed to be a survive tool and dmg boost for TR . Now you take away our survivebility and everybody probably wont go for the sab tree . Whenever we strike we are visible . Yes , i can accept that we are visible for 2 sec , the only thing i dont accept is WHENEVER WE STRIKE .THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS .

My suggestion
    - Only activate every 5 sec
    -When our stealth is below 50% then whenever we strike we are visible for 2 sec
    -We are visible for 2 sec when we use an encounter ( for sab build - One with the shadow )
    -When enemy hit us when we are in stealth we are visible for 2 sec ( every 2 sec )
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance

Great Weapon Fighter

[/LIST]

why do you keep insisting on those stacks, most gwfs hate them, please buff bases, from stuff like mark, destroyer and destroyers purpose we get +150% damage, and still the end result is pathetic, you can multiply nothing as much as you want its still nothing

GWF base dmg is beyond pathetic, we could use double the base dmg considering how squishy gwf are

dps GWF have the least hp of any class(to maximize gains from unstoppable)

also marks are really important for gwf damage, why SM doesnt have DPS oriented options to mark targets, while IV _have_ to slot Threatening rush and lose an aoe at-will ? IBS isnt reliable and daring shout is more tank option, we need more ways to mark
    Paladin Master Race
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • General
    [*]Trickster Rogue
    • Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.
    • Last Moments: Now correctly benefits from putting points in this feat and correctly activates in all cases.
    • Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.
    • Shadowy Opportunity: This feat no longer improperly triggers multiple times on channeled powers such as Bloodbath.
    [/LIST]

I think the duration should be 1 second instead of 2 for being seen when striking. The second of visibility is more than enough right there. Else cant really utilize the crit chance granted from stealth using the at wills very well. the second of vunerablility per attack is more than enough. With two seconds, the TR wont know really when he's visible or when he isnt when in stealth even after pauses in attacking. (and Im speaking of a TR that isnt perma stealth or attacks using cloud of steel spam)

I dont really see reason for reducing the damage of Shocking Execution. its already lost its health damage scaling and is dodgable ( for the classes that can dodge )

I am glad for the Shadowy Opportunity exploit finally being fixed.

I think the daze from the scoundrel feats need to be reduced slightly. They last just a bit too long.
  • shunterinoshunterino Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Two points:

1) If you're going to nerf damage on TR because of pvp make it ONLY affect pvp play. We know you can split effects between the two game modes so do it here. Make SE less effective against players not mobs. In fact do this for all changes.

2) If attacks reveal stealth then get rid of at-will stealth depletion. Have one or the other, not both. The fact you put a lotof work into implementing stealth depletion shouldn't be the only reason to keep it if it undermines the whole class. Try it on Mimic at least.
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    there are 3 classes who can't dodge, they get bonus DR instead which is COMPLETELY NEGATED by shocking execution, even with the nerf SE still hurts like hell and like what another TR posted in his thread it still need a further nerf.

Then perhaps it should respect DR, and ignore dodges. Perhaps the mechanic should be adjusted so it hits all equally on all classes and gives parety to all. Reducing the damage is not not going to make a difference in whether it hits those 3 classes or not. It's supposed to be Shocking, its supposed to be an execution.

Incidentally, this is my feedback with my opinion. I'll leave further feedback after testing on preview, but my opinion is mine alone and as such I don't speak for all TRs. Just like "the other TR"!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    maybe leave SE as it was but make it do 50% dmg to players, or remove ignore resistances part
    Paladin Master Race
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, so their answer to be current one-shots is to raise Tenacity, huh?
  • squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter

This is not on preview!
    Stack are still the same as on live (20 stacks)
    Jamaica
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014

drow pvp set?!?!?!?!?1111!11!?

about GWF destroyer changes

thats a good start however instead of 20% dmg to encounters only while in unstoppable change it to +10% base dmg while picking capstone something instigator capstone alike,also destroyer purpose could grant 1% crit chance per stack

and also a change to focused destroyer feat would be nice like 100% chance to stack at max rank and incrase buff duration by 5 seconds.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is why I didn't invest too heavily in my trickster rogue character. Anybody who couldn't see the nerf coming was simply delusional. These changes I imagine won't be all that gets fixed in order to bring the rogue back in line.

for those that are preaching doom and gloom for the trickster rogue class in player versus player content I would say don't despair. In fact what you will more than likely see is a massive increase in the amount of gloaming cut spamming dodging TR's. 2 seconds of visibility is around the same time frame that the road gets for immunity while dodging so envision if you will getting hit with a 7 K 2 10 K gloaming cut, the rogue becoming visible, then the rogue dodging which makes them immune for approximately one and a half seconds and then vaporizing into thin air once again.

I will reserve my final judgment on this change until after I see how it plays out on live but I don't think this was the correct direction to go towards fixing the problem.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
This discussion has been closed.