test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.4

Comments

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't mind them not being revealed when hit. But!!!! I do hate that reflect damage doesn't hurt a TR when he is in stealth. My protector really doesn't do that much damage, and when fighting a TR, it really renders a lotta my reflect useless, especially with all the nerfs that guarded assault has had, and SOS, (not talking about the range it had with KV). - I think TR's should have a similar mechanic to how this stealth is to really make them choose who and when to attack rather than just killing everything no problem. BUT they SHOULD take reflect damage when in stealth, there is no reason not to
  • blackperry99blackperry99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it just me, or are all comments about the GWF buff and TR debuff orientated about pvp? comon people wth are we doing?????
    This game was perfect until all the p2w pvp'ers started opening there mouths about TR being to OP, you nerfed TR's bc of the PVP games.
    CW needed a nerf in both pvp and pve, they only got buffed more! GF is perfect now, i like the mechanics of it!
    DC is just TO OVERPOWERED, As well in pvp as pve , 100K 1 shot heals? nty!
    Also why the hell are you guys making such changes to classes, when all dungeons are SO EASY, a TR can melt thru All T2's by himself,
    GF can go with a 10K party to any dungeon and win, DC can carry even 12K nabs to CN!!!! This used to be super duper hard to do!!!!!
    And really? dropping T1 and T2 pieces from dragons and tiamat? you guys are making it impossible to earn AD here, unless you buy it ofcourse wich i'm sure that's the intention of it.

If you moderators and devs want people to actually pay more for the game, and enjoy it more, take your time to make modules and don't rush them thru, fix most of the bugs like SoD still being bugged ( stealth does not regenerate uninteruptitly ( no idea if that made any sense or not)) Make a new class, get more pvp maps or orientated gamemodes for it, boost dungeons ffs ! Make them actually hard !!!!!!

If you want a list of all things people actually want to see in the game, let me know !
  • blackperry99blackperry99 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    I don't mind them not being revealed when hit. But!!!! I do hate that reflect damage doesn't hurt a TR when he is in stealth. My protector really doesn't do that much damage, and when fighting a TR, it really renders a lotta my reflect useless, especially with all the nerfs that guarded assault has had, and SOS, (not talking about the range it had with KV). - I think TR's should have a similar mechanic to how this stealth is to really make them choose who and when to attack rather than just killing everything no problem. BUT they SHOULD take reflect damage when in stealth, there is no reason not to

This is something that allot of people mentioned in my guild, can't believe this isn't fixed tbh, you're completely right!
  • itstheyokitstheyok Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    good points....especially the dungeons, however making them harder will make them inaccessible to new 60's unless they are carried, what we need is a new tier of current dungeons with 16K+ in mind, and give us meaningful RP (20 resonance stones or something) for completing them.....make ranking that artefact equipment up a grind, with a finite end!
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it just me, or are all comments about the GWF buff and TR debuff orientated about pvp? comon people wth are we doing?????
    This game was perfect until all the p2w pvp'ers started opening there mouths about TR being to OP, you nerfed TR's bc of the PVP games.
    CW needed a nerf in both pvp and pve, they only got buffed more! GF is perfect now, i like the mechanics of it!
    DC is just TO OVERPOWERED, As well in pvp as pve , 100K 1 shot heals? nty!
    Also why the hell are you guys making such changes to classes, when all dungeons are SO EASY, a TR can melt thru All T2's by himself,
    GF can go with a 10K party to any dungeon and win, DC can carry even 12K nabs to CN!!!! This used to be super duper hard to do!!!!!
    And really? dropping T1 and T2 pieces from dragons and tiamat? you guys are making it impossible to earn AD here, unless you buy it ofcourse wich i'm sure that's the intention of it.

If you moderators and devs want people to actually pay more for the game, and enjoy it more, take your time to make modules and don't rush them thru, fix most of the bugs like SoD still being bugged ( stealth does not regenerate uninteruptitly ( no idea if that made any sense or not)) Make a new class, get more pvp maps or orientated gamemodes for it, boost dungeons ffs ! Make them actually hard !!!!!!

If you want a list of all things people actually want to see in the game, let me know !

- Perhaps the PVE'ers should not be yelling at the PVP'ers, and be yelling for separate PVE buffs, and PVE fixes. While they are at it, why don't they focus on making this game have an actual economy where things are not just bound to everyone, so there is a REASON to PVE. A lot of people forget that in mod 1-2. PVP players had to run the dungeons, learn all the PVE mechanics, because you had to do CN to get your mainhand and off hand. I had to do all the T2's to get my timeless set back in the day, and hte T1's including that STUPID MAD DRAGON! for that stalwart helm lol. There really is no point to PVE anymore. Tiamat gives you the offhand and the ability to buy artifact gear, but now the gear is so cheap since so many people have it, and things are also so cheap because there is nothing else to sell but those items. But the old staple to the economy being the coal wards, is gone. So I would be willing to be that was 40-50% of what made the economy flow was the buying and selling of coal wards for gold, AD, and the other 40-50% was with keys which were also bound. Those two especially the keys allowed an economy to function. Now, we have bound everything, so there is no economy, there is no reason to PVE anymore after you have the next set of gear, because the old gear is useless. Other sets that were good have been nerfed, or made irrelevant, so PVE in itself is a dead end and PVP is the only thing that keeps progressing, and seeing how those players spend a lot of money on the game, the dev's focus changes on them the most as they have a lot of pull granted they are such a small and growing smaller community.

In summary - rather than argue with pvp players. Argue for the fact that PVE and PVP changes should be separate. Argue that the economy that made PVE worth doing, is non-existent anymore. Argue that there is literally no reason to do PVE anymore because the amount of work to get something like a book, or a belt, is totally worthless now and there is no real way to make money like there used to be, so we all have like 30 guys running leadership to generate AD rather than running dungeons and selling those items (that are useless now) to players.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    After playing highend PVP all morning in dragon server, I can say as a TR we do not need to have this "stealth reveal change [on attack shows TR for 2 seconds]. The players that we were fighting all morning were experts and killing TR in and out of stealth.

Showing us for two seconds will just push more TR to go full scoundrel path with 10 points in sab for gloaming.
    Then it will be battle of the perma daze.

Do not force us to go scoundrel. Many of us enjoy the other paths and don't care to use daze, instead we use reactive tactics and positioning to "try" to stay alive.

Just make shocking execution obey the rules of tenacity and it will be fine for pvp.

If you want to make TR show when they are attacking, make CW SW and DC cancel casting encounters for 2 seconds once they are hit.
    It is on the same level of severity.

The people have spoken..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • generalcolegeneralcole Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you kidding me?what about nerf Lashing Blade on TR?15k TR can easly 1 shot a 19k with that regular skill..is it normal?Come on guys..
  • artezz18#9553 artezz18 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Tenacity: Points in Tenacity are now worth roughly 36% more. Base Tenacity for all players remains unchanged at 10%.
    • Control Wizard
      • Chilling Advantage: The material components have been found and this feature now works correctly. Chilling.
    • Great Weapon Fighter
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.
      • Last Moments: Now correctly benefits from putting points in this feat and correctly activates in all cases.
      • Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.
      • Shadowy Opportunity: This feat no longer improperly triggers multiple times on channeled powers such as Bloodbath.

Content and Environment
    • The Temple of Tiamat now has an updated entry hall to allow for better organization of parties.
    • Well of Dragons: Factional Assets can no longer be abandoned.
    • Well of Dragons: There is more descriptive text as to where to find the items that can be donated. Talk to Elminster or interact with the donation cart for more information.

Enemies
    • Tiamat: The Blue Dragon heads FX should more reliably draw on low end machines.

Items and Economy
    • Potions of Dragon Slaying and Scrolls of Protection from Dragons are now able to be equipped in your potion belt.
    • Resolved an issue that could cause level scaling items to not work properly if dyed or transmuted.
    • The Lathander artifact set bonus will now protect from injuries suffered due to death from falling.
    • Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have removed the Astral Diamond cost for the Adventuring Gear task and the items received will now be bound to account rather than bound to character.
    this is all now on previev? and tell me somethink its only for PVP? or same on PVE?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    Please stop crippling the TR for PvE again!
    We finally got accepted in DD-Groups again, but by cutting down our survivability of damage output you'll make us useless again.

Don't always listen to the PvP-Crowd, you know how minimal their faction is, ...95%-99% of the player's couldn't care less for PvP.

They only touched 2 dailies...come on
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance
    (snip)
    • Great Weapon Fighter
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
    (snip)

For PVE, looking at the effects for Destroyer (static analysis, since the changes aren't in effect), I see a nominal 5% DPS boost from the changes. At-Wills buffed by fully stacked Destroyer will do about 10% more, which at least for most GWF Destroyers are 40-60% of our damage. The Encounter damage buff, is nice, but really won't matter: Long cool downs or poor AOE damage, make that change meaningful only in Boss fights. Destroyer's Purpose will stack quicker, but since I already am optimized to stack Destroyers Purpose quickly, I will see little effect there. So I don't really expect to see a material improvement in the position PVE destroyers are in.
    edited December 2014
    Look how he can easly 1 shot ppl with Lasching Blade,and you didn't nerfd it?crazy -.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVMWNgzr69Q
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Look how he can easly 1 shot ppl with Lasching Blade,and you didn't nerfd it?crazy -.-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVMWNgzr69Q

That is nothing....

Gwf and cw hit harder.... When a tr comes to lashing blade u.. Even from stealth you have 1 second to dodge . The attack is slow.
    Watch some high end pvp vs decent builds
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    That is nothing....

Gwf and cw hit harder.... When a tr comes to lashing blade u.. Even from stealth you have 1 second to dodge . The attack is slow.

no they dont hit harder.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is nothing....

I agree, that TR looks relatively new, he doesn't seem to know where he is heading, walking in circle instead of getting an easy cap... judging by the look, hes gear is not so great either... but guess what... even such a unexperienced TR can output 25~30k dmg..... imagine if its a more experienced TR with 6 legendarys... one shot bamp... :\
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • braceguilderbraceguilder Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.

Please stop nerfing PvE only for PvP's sake.

Leave pve damage as it is and make it a pvp change only, if needed.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Leave pve damage as it is and make it a pvp change only, if needed.

So you noticed that little nerf, that barely affect PvE, and you didn't notice (ot didn't pay attention) to Shadowy Opportunity nerf, that kills PvE Saboteur?
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok, I've finally been able to make my way to the preview shard to test the changes. Special tnx to Tabatha and others for being my guinea pigs.

So, having hesitated at the need for a damage reduction to Shocking Execution (i hardly ever use it), I'd have to agree with the change.
    Same goes for Bloodbath only procc'ing Shadowy Opportunity on the initial hit.
    These are both reasonable moves.

The 2 second stealth reveal is, i feel, too long and should be reduced to 1 second or so. Were it to remain, then the at-will stealth depletion mechanic that was brought in with Mod 5 should be seriously reconsidered. Of course, the feats asociated with gloaming cut might then need to be looked at.
    Incidentally, allowing shadowStrike to trigger the 2sec reveal is completely counter intuative. Its essentially a utility power used for one thing only. It would be better to remove all damage from it than allow it to cause the reveal.

Were these changes to go live in the current encarnation, I'd be tempted to swap paths. If others have come to the same decision then we've arrived back at the same place that we were before the module went live.
    I want to have feat paths that each offer equal worth for me to choose from. I feel that the choice is again being distilled down where one or more path is a bad option and where the flavour is being leached.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • braceguilderbraceguilder Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    So you noticed that little nerf, that barely affect PvE, and you didn't notice (ot didn't pay attention) to Shadowy Opportunity nerf, that kills PvE Saboteur?

please keep your arguments against my posts out of this forum
    I hate when people belittle my concerns

if you have concerns of your own express them by yourself, I'm not the class advocate, I'm a MI exe and I don't know a thing about how sab is performing, so yes, I didn't notice and I won't talk about things I barely know

PS: It's not a surprise they're gonna nerf TR seeing how short-sighted is its userbase:
    poor understanding of who you should address with your feedback and of which feddback you should provide implies that devs will hear only what pvp whiners that overwhelm this forum have to say
    edited December 2014
    That is nothing....

which game you play?a 13k gs TR can easly 1 shot me..and i can't 1 shot any1 with a 19k cw..dont say craps!
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    The DoT's TRs (scoundrel) will be the most affected by this change, which, for me, is correct due no one should be able "bleed" the target to dead without any chance to hit back (i have explained this a lot of times) yet Execs and Saboteurs will be "free" due they will still one shot anyone else.

Bleeds?
    Quoted by Gentlemancrush 10-09-2014
    Scoundrel: A brawler who debuffs foes and can take a lot of damage.
    T1

Roll with the Punches: You have .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% more Deflect Chance.
    Bloody Brawler: You have .5/1/1.5/2/2.5% more Lifesteal.

T2

Survivor: When your HP is below 30% you gain 2/4/6/8/10% increased deflect chance.

T3

Savage Blows: Dealing damage to foes increases your Lifesteal by .2/.4/.6/.6/1% for 3 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
    Concussive Strikes: Your Critical Strikes and attacks from behind damage daze foes for .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second. Foes can only be dazed this way once every 5 seconds.

T4

Low Blows: You deal 5/10/15/20/25% more damage to foes who are affected by a Control effect.
    Mocking Gesture: You gain 2/4/6/8/10% Deflect Chance for 10 seconds after entering stealth.

T5

Skullcracker: Every 20 seconds you gain Skullcracker. While you have Skullcracker your next Encounter Power Dazes the target for 2 seconds. While a target is affected by Skullcracker your attacks will extend the Daze on the target by .5 seconds, up to a maximum of 2 additional seconds. You deal 25% increased damage to targets affected by Skullcracker.

The only DoTs that I can think of are from Duellist's Flurry (available to MI TRs), Disheartening Strike (available to WK TRs) and Smokebomb (available to both).
    You might be referring to the scoundrel daze mechanic, which as far as i can gather from testing is a safer bet than either Sabotuer or Executioner.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    P.S: "Bleed" = DoT and yes, Saboteur TRs can "bleed to death" any target.

What exactly do saboteurs have to "bleed to death"? DHS is available for everyone. The only thing that made saboteurs OP is Bloodbath that proc'ed piercing damage which is fixed. Saboteur is a dead tree now since it offers nothing but one free stealth regen encounter once in 15 seconds.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, i mixed the trees, i wanted to say "Saboteur" instead of "Scoundrel".

BTW: "Duelist's Flurry" is aviable on both paths. The "exclusive" one for MI is "Gloaming Cut", not "Duelist's Flurry".

Excuse the mistake, I'd only just woken up when i wrote that. Very embarrassing (red face)

Anyhow, there are no bleed effects that are exclusive to any of the feat trees in themselves (unless you consider the Executioner capstone, but it isn't really). Gloaming cut doesn't have a bleed effect. The sabotuer path has nothing inherent to it that gives a bleed effect.

This might be of help
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?773401-Official-Feedback-Thread-Trickster-Rogue-Changes

I'm not sure where you got the idea of bleeds from. Was there anything that showed in your combat log that would give you this impression?

Incidentally, i meant the "bleeds?" as a rhetorical question. I'm quite familiar with the mechanics of it.
    Sadly some things don't translate to written word quite that well.

Tnx for the revision though :D
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Excuse the mistake, I'd only just woken up when i wrote that. Very embarrassing (red face)

Anyhow, there are no bleed effects that are exclusive to any of the feat trees in themselves (unless you consider the Executioner capstone, but it isn't really). Gloaming cut doesn't have a bleed effect. The sabotuer path has nothing inherent to it that gives a bleed effect.

This might be of help
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?773401-Official-Feedback-Thread-Trickster-Rogue-Changes

I'm not sure where you got the idea of bleeds from. Was there anything that showed in your combat log that would give you this impression?

Incidentally, i meant the "bleeds?" as a rhetorical question. I'm quite familiar with the mechanics of it.
    Sadly some things don't translate to written word quite that well.

Tnx for the revision though :D

stop right there.
    you say that TR dont have DOTs ? or are you tryin to lie in our face?
    what is that DOT that stays for 10 second and gives 1k damage per tick ?
    how do you call that?
    edited December 2014
    No, you stop right there. Had you taken the time to look at the conversation, you'd realise that I had

a) listed the DOTs/bleeds that the TR has at their disposal and in one case the paragon
    (excluding an error on my part - early morning) and,

b) explained that these skills are unrelated to the feat trees

Perhaps i should have said "I'm not sure where you got the idea of bleeds relating to the feat trees from".

I just trusted that ppl would read the whole thing rather than just one sentence.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    stop right there.
    you say that TR dont have DOTs ? or are you tryin to lie in our face?
    what is that DOT that stays for 10 second and gives 1k damage per tick ?
    how do you call that?
    you know it a whisper knife only at will righ?
    you know you must be happy when fighting a whisper knife right??
    you dont die to whisper knife right??? please.... tell me you dont die to whisper knifes xD
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    How much much will 1k Tenacity be worth now?
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I can't say if I like it or not because I haven't tested those changes. I just hope that my PvE GWF won't be nerfed after those buffs "because in PvP..." That's all :)

Take care
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    yokanaan wrote: »
    I can't say if I like it or not because I haven't tested those changes. I just hope that my PvE GWF won't be nerfed after those buffs "because in PvP..." That's all :)

Take care

you wont notice difference with those buffs for GWF our base dmg is too low to benefit from it.
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    GWF 2second stamina regeneration delay should be removed and stamina regeneration should be incrased by 30% since every class can pretty much permanently dodge/guard now,so our shift ability underperforms compared to other classes
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sorry, i mixed the trees, i wanted to say "Saboteur" instead of "Scoundrel".

BTW: "Duelist's Flurry" is aviable on both paths. The "exclusive" one for MI is "Gloaming Cut", not "Duelist's Flurry".

Um, no, that isn't a Sab exclusive mechanic.
    In fact, it's a WK exclusive mechanic. Considering we gave up Gloaming Cut, ITC, and Shoxecution for nothing but Disheartening Strike, which was already nerfed with no patch notes to mention it, and this latest nerf, no, we're not getting anything from it.
    If I had ITC to blow whenever I wanted to attack someone, I wouldn't care. However, WK has nothing of the sorts. With a 15+ second CD on VP that only works once with 0 sec duration, WK is officially, and as they always have, getting the ****tiest end of the deal.

If this newest change doesn't factor in a sight radius and gives unmitigated sight of any TR that attacks, WK is getting hit the hardest. WK already had lower damage than MI with less survivability to MI. Considering Shoxecution was purely meant as an execution skill and works best in that regard and considering MI already gets more survivability than WK, we're suffering the most.
    Now, whenever we want to tag someone with a DoT, we're sent spamming dodge for 2 seconds just to stay alive and avoid being CC'd to death.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
This discussion has been closed.