test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.4

Comments

• effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you know it a whisper knife only at will righ?
    you know you must be happy when fighting a whisper knife right??
    you dont die to whisper knife right??? please.... tell me you dont die to whisper knifes xD

you know that you protected your hr selfhealing 1 month ago, and now you are protecting TR right? you know that?
    you are pathetic.

and what i said was an irony to that guy.
    talkin to clonkyo that TR doesnt have bleed when its clearly he reffered only to DOTs.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dante126pl wrote: »
    you wont notice difference with those buffs for GWF our base dmg is too low to benefit from it.

only ibs because with so many powers of 1 / 2k of base is obvious that those who need buff is, indirectly, the power of 7k.

buff again and again the single burst power pseudo aoe of the class is the definition of the fun.
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That is nothing....

Gwf and cw hit harder.... When a tr comes to lashing blade u.. Even from stealth you have 1 second to dodge . The attack is slow.
    Watch some high end pvp vs decent builds

I regularly get 1 shotted with lashing blade. There isn't any time to dodge that's BS. Just recently tonight, 40k damage in one hit and the TR was only 15kgs. Can't imagine what a higher gs build can do. I have never been hit that hard by any other class. I'm an 18k+ HR and my aimed shot only crits at about 30k and that's after hitting them with a encounter 1st to apply Prey. Very difficult to get off that two shot combo. Typically aimed shot gets disrupted or they are out of range before the shot goes off.

Lashing Blade needs to be nerfed 20%
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    And how is possible that all at-wills, encounters and Dailies are not feat-tree related? And yes, with a WK sab you can "bleed to dead" to any target while Disheart can hit for 3ks on crit damage... far worse than Deep Gash back on mod2

Have you even bothered to read what's written in the feats? None of the Feats directly affect the bleed/DoT effect. There are feats that increase at-will/encounter dmg, crit severity etc, these will have an indirect effect on DoT/bleed.....but then so would stacking power.
    talkin to clonkyo that TR doesnt have bleed when its clearly he reffered only to DOTs.

We were discussing bleed/DoT as all encompassing, so this isnt the true irony in this conversation
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • leslithegreatleslithegreat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    k9madrush wrote: »
    DC also is a monster in pvp it can 1vX because its tanky can heal tons and tons of damage and can kill anyone with its dps

This isn't exactly true. DCs either do tons of damage or heal tons. These are 2 separate paragon and feat paths. Divine Oracle Righteous has very low healing, especially self healing. It's weaker in many ways that some class's lifesteal/regen, even more so in dungeons and PvE content. Anointed Champion Virtuous and faithful I would agree that their healing is a bit outrageeous and needs to be toned down but let's be honest, their DPS isn't anywhere near what you make it out to be. It seems to me that you are combining the 2 different kinds of DCs that you are seeing into one godcleric.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can we have separate changes between PVP and PVE. I would rather not be the least wanted class in PVE again.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting, then, that, in example, Shadowy Opportunity does not affect to the damage dealt by Disheart?

It deals damage once on first DHS hit. So, if you find 1500 additional damage to DHS is OP, think about executioner capstone, it deals much more damage by just applying DHS once.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you know that you protected your hr selfhealing 1 month ago, and now you are protecting TR right? you know that?
    you are pathetic.

never protected that healing abomination, never.
    i just propose to change the whole feat instead that just nerfing it.
  • korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dont know how this new feature will work. I just know something to balance PVP was needed, things were really getting mad.

We had TRs permastealthed dotting you for 2k thick till you died, and they still were stealthed. Or killing you in a single shot. CWs literally DISINTEGRATING players in a stun. Immortal DCs absorbing an unbelievable quantity of damage....adsorb threshold should be lowered, and a maximum amount of damage absorbed should be defined. I cannot believe Clerics do spam every 10 seconds a spell who grants them immunity to all the dotting classes.

This patch is a first step to balance things, and I am glad this begins finally.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    for registration / feedback:

These changes to the destroyer represent only part of a structural problem admitting that the defensive capacity has been reduced to nothing under the pretext of separate "dps and tank". The others are:

1 - focused destroyer is not quick to get in scenarios where other classes, disorganized, kill enemies in seconds and you can not carry the bonus between battles.

2 - This bonus in unstoppable just increase ibs. Does not influence battle fury, roar does not have refills on unstoppable (and determination is the porpose of the encounter),and takedown is not the # 1 choice for pve (these 3 are encounters of the tree). Other encounters or consume time for the long casting or are counter productive due to very low base damage.

3 - Mark which is an important component of the class due to mediocre base damage which ends up being a trap for destroyers as daring shout has a long cooldown, low cap, and extremely limited determination gain. Even ibs has not all that without mark.

4 - The structural problems of gwf in general is : low base damage /radius, bad class features.

obviously that these previous changes will make pvp trolls low geared cry after receive a strong ibs. but now you know why, in general, will be ineffective. and dont add any pleasure to the gameplay, which is worse.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I am hearing from various poeple that the Artifact Offhand Abilities are not actually working?

Can anyone confirm Class / Ability working or not working?
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Thank you all for your feedback about the changes. After some additional discussion, the Trickster Rogue stealth reveal change will be staying as it is for this release and until the new year where we are still deciding how to better tune it.

Thanks again for your feedback and discussing it constructively.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Thank you all for your feedback about the changes. After some additional discussion, the Trickster Rogue stealth reveal change will be staying as it is for this release and until the new year where we are still deciding how to better tune it.

good job ! stay strong bro. TRs will still be the superior class in 1v1s. Its mostly people that got carried away by their built up mod5 ego that dosent wanna see TRs getting nerfed. Im sure even after this fix some minor changes have to be made to the TR to make it balanced, like reducing Gloaming Cut damage etc, but this will do for now. GJ
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thanks, implement this huge change to the class mechanic first and then fine tune it later. Should work out great

I am really curious to see what the next qq is after there is no stealth
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Ive told you guys how to change it.

1) Stealth Reveal for 1 second if the TR is in FRONT of the opponent (similar to a GF blocking only 180 degrees in FRONT of him. Id imagine the same coding language can be used for this)

2) NO stealth reveal. but 2x-3x the distance at which TRs can be seen but only in FRONT of the player. If the TR is behind the character, even on TOP of the player but behind him (you knwo what I mean) the TR should remain in stealth unseen. If the player is FACING the TR is really what the goal is..... This solves the problem since now its much harder for a TR to zip around the map damaging and dodging while attacking. Basically forces the TR to choose when to attack because if he gets close, he is seen and more easily able to be pulled out.

BOTH solve your goal and BOTH still make the TR a viable class. You guys OVER did it and now please listen to player rather than going back too far the other way!
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ouch... that's just brutal.

Forgive my skepticism but last time there was a 'fix it later' moment, we waited for 6 months.
  • rojasiusrojasius Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So you thank the community for their feedback yet STILL go ahead with the changes even though YOU know its going to wreck this class's defensive ability? Plus you ignore what this class's community is asking for (a nerf to the crit). That is basically hearing the TRs give suggestions and agreeing then saying cool story bro but no. Why is it that you listen to skilless players? Please people reading here, how many of you know how to track a TR in stealth? Is it really that hard? I can do it on basically every single class I play with and i'm sure if you put some effort into it, you would be able too. I know this is possible cause when I am on my TR and I play a skilled player he/she is able to track me down. Panderus I do not understand you guys anymore. Why you doing this exactly? and another thing... What about the GF guys? GF has been laying in its casket for how long now and not a single buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tairzeetairzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rojasius wrote: »
    So you thank the community for their feedback yet STILL go ahead with the changes even though YOU know its going to wreck this class's defensive ability? Plus you ignore what this class's community is asking for (a nerf to the crit). That is basically hearing the TRs give suggestions and agreeing then saying cool story bro but no. Why is it that you listen to skilless players? Please people reading here, how many of you know how to track a TR in stealth? Is it really that hard? I can do it on basically every single class I play with and i'm sure if you put some effort into it, you would be able too. I know this is possible cause when I am on my TR and I play a skilled player he/she is able to track me down. Panderus I do not understand you guys anymore. Why you doing this exactly? and another thing... What about the GF guys? GF has been laying in its casket for how long now and not a single buff?

Yes this change is going to wreck the class once again. As it is skilled players can track TR's when in stealth I don't understand the need for this. Once TR's figure out a new play style there will be QQing for another nerf. People need to start learning how to PvP against certain classes cause I can tell you each class has its fair share of annoying traits. Many suggested a damage nerf instead and many agreed to this but to go ahead with this change is quite unfair. I suggest before introducing new mods, items and equipment cryptic should fix up the queue system, make ranked PvP and normal PvP for the people who do it just for the AD daily or remove the daily entirely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    why GWF changes are not on PTR yet?
  • seechet0seechet0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    artezzo wrote: »
    this is all now on previev? and tell me somethink its only for PVP? or same on PVE?

"Resolved an issue that could cause level scaling items to not work properly if dyed or transmuted."

-has this issue truly been resolved? Because I am having this Non-scaling issue on my Dragon Bone Scepter. Is it not supposed to scale once you transmute it?
  • seechet0seechet0 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014

[*]Resolved an issue that could cause level scaling items to not work properly if dyed or transmuted. [/LIST]

Can I ask if anyone else is still having this issue? I transmuted my Drgon Bone Scepter and it stopped scaling.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Merry xmas and happy new year to you as well...
    The players that have been serious about their trs will not quit because of this.
    Before the damage nerfs forced us to play as perma stealth, now these stealth nerfs will force us to play as one shot / perma daze.
    When people complain remember you did this to them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sn0wt0ri0ussn0wt0ri0us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thats a dumb mindset from you. mod 3-4 tr's were useless, dont you dare say we need to chill out, we didnt do damage no one wanted us in pve and everyone hated us in pvp because we couldnt kill, and all we did was perma. past tr's were useless, play a tr learn how "OP" we are. then go back to your CW and find out that its way more OP. then hop on over to your ranger and find out how OP they are, people who complain play certain characters and dont try all classes.
    edited December 2014
    the TR still has daze , so for those 2sec the enemy can be dazed.. so yea.. on 1vs2 he will need to struggle more.

we have daze but control wizards can freeze us, the 2 seconds of visability at range or anything is death for us against gwfs, rangers, and cw's, Whisper knife TR's are going to have to deal with alot now because they are a ranged rogue. these are dumb "balances"
    edited December 2014
    Merry xmas and happy new year to you as well...
    The players that have been serious about their trs will not quit because of this.
    Before the damage nerfs forced us to play as perma stealth, now these stealth nerfs will force us to play as one shot / perma daze.
    When people complain remember you did this to them.

Amen brother, all i hear about rogues is "Stealth is dumb i cant fight a rogue", AND "omg this rogue oneshotted me" now cryptic wants us to become one shot rogues, since Sab is getting this big nerf, EXE is going to be a bit better. unfortunately for me i play both pve and pvp. and exe sucks for pve
    edited December 2014
    I regularly get 1 shotted with lashing blade. There isn't any time to dodge that's BS. Just recently tonight, 40k damage in one hit and the TR was only 15kgs. Can't imagine what a higher gs build can do. I have never been hit that hard by any other class. I'm an 18k+ HR and my aimed shot only crits at about 30k and that's after hitting them with a encounter 1st to apply Prey. Very difficult to get off that two shot combo. Typically aimed shot gets disrupted or they are out of range before the shot goes off.

Lashing Blade needs to be nerfed 20%

You know they arent nerfing TR's one shot ability right? they are nerfing our stealth. and since "first strike" is only good on.. well the first strike you are still going to get one shotted, rogues who use skill to actually fight an opponent 1v1 and exchange attacks are getting the nerf, not the rogues who cant play. also if you cant dodge lashing blade youre a terrible HR, demonmonger is right, lashing is slow as Hell.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looks like another patch set. And the GWF changes are still broken.
  • realmdierealmdie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sw really has low def, no immunity power/feat, all he can do to avoid CC is running but still got dmg.
    even only have 1 power single target prone (harrowstorm)
    abandoning all of that but dmg still same as CWs in pvp.
    it make sw very useless in pvp
    please give some immunity and stun power for SW
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    as a TR that has played since beta through every nerf and tweak, I can say, we'll be fine. We'll adjust and people will still QQ.

as for an Executioner build, lol ty, I prefer it to the sab build anyway, already have been using it, it's just way too much fun and I have not had any problems getting great success in HEs or top DPs and scores in instances and still have fun with it in PVP. I don't see that changing.

Am I happy about some of the changes? no. But I will adjust yet again.
  • szamanos2szamanos2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    warlock is bugged and not just the TT but also skills such as ball of fire, theft opportunity sorcerer and fear, these skills in the right combination can strike even at 2.5 million, so the balance of classes should be repaired.
This discussion has been closed.