test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 12/11 at 7 AM PST (Completed, finally..)

Comments

• akkaelusakkaelus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • fantom0macanfantom0macan Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No job is finished until the paperwork is done.
    some rise by sin and some by virtue fall
  • vicarsorbsvicarsorbs Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its nice ti be important but important to be nice so please give us some updates
  • cetangleskacetangleska Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Now I'm getting a "timed out" message when I attempt to log in
  • kittenpaw123kittenpaw123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akkaelus wrote: »

Oh that was very amusing indeed!!!
  • galgallingalgallin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    tousseau wrote: »

most sensible thing I've heard all day..
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd be interested to know how much this downtime is costing Cryptic. What's the $$ per minute figure. I'd really love to know, actually... I can say this, no matter how much nerd rage we players might throw at Cryptic, it can't possible equal the accountant-rage and boss-rage given that this outage directly affects their bottom line in a calculable way... I'd guess the reason they're not updating us is they're a tad busy with all-hands-on-deck-fix-this-NOW sorts of calls from the bosses. Don't take it personally :)
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gateway still down?
  • tinkulboddamtinkulboddam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well.... at least the ARC browser is still chewing up my bandwidth like a pitbull on a bone.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how much this downtime is costing Cryptic. What's the $$ per minute figure. I'd really love to know, actually... I can say this, no matter how much nerd rage we players might throw at Cryptic, it can't possible equal the accountant-rage and boss-rage given that this outage directly affects their bottom line in a calculable way... I'd guess the reason they're not updating us is they're a tad busy with all-hands-on-deck-fix-this-NOW sorts of calls from the bosses. Don't take it personally :)

Yah, as much as people are saying their lives are ruined forever by not being able to play their game RIGHT NOW, they're not having as bad a day as the guys trying to fix the outage.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kacius12kacius12 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Still offline here, someone?
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They probably don't do it deliberately.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gateway still down?

If servers are down, Gateway is down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Neither Gateway nor the game is up at this time, so I guess Dwight was joking when he posted that maint is over huh?
    edited December 2014
    730 brl is a plenty of money for a mid brazilian to spend on a game, plenty.
    edited December 2014
    hah. yeah, Joking. that was it!

:)

Yes, the servers are down and Dwight hasn't updated this post yet *shrug*
  • neoneverwinterneoneverwinter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    come on neverwinter put the server online......
    take's to long now..
  • hecatephoenixhecatephoenix Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Neither Gateway nor the game is up at this time, so I guess Dwight was joking when he posted that maint is over huh?

the green light came on, but now he has had to put the red one back in the socket ...
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    elvenaar wrote: »

Dwight is the last person to blame. He just passes the information he is told. It's just as incident to blame him as argue with a ticket conductor if you have no ticket and don't want to pay.
  • dhramdhram Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Hello,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance on 12/11 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen issues.

Patch Notes: http://bit.ly/1yUUyk4

Discuss the patch notes here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?809021-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141125a-4&p=9648321#post9648321

Thanks
    Dwight

Update 1 7:11 AM PST - maintenance has begun. Patch notes added
    Update 2 7:50 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime although things are moving quickly so we could be up a bit sooner. We'll keep you posted.
    Update 3: 8:33 AM PST - Maintenance is ongoing, currently doing some extra maintenance on the servers so we might need to extend maintenance
    Update 4: 8:52 AM PST. Looks like we are experiencing some network issues and that's going to cause us to extend maintenance. No ETA yet, but could be extended at least an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
    Update 5: 9:43 AM PST. Looks like there are still issues with the network so maintenance will be extended at least another 30 mins. Sorry everyone.
    Update 6: 10:16 AM PST - There are still issues with the network and server, and it is looking likely that we will be down for another hour or more. Still not ETA on fix unfortunately but we will keep everyone posted.
    Update 7: 10:59 AM PST - Hey everyone, maintenance has finally completed. We apologize for the extended downtime and appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks for the update but the servers are still offline 75 minutes after your last post Dwight. Just thought you should know. :)
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dhram wrote: »
    Thanks for the update but the servers are still offline 75 minutes after your last post Dwight. Just thought you should know. :)

He wrote it most likely for the record that maintance was extended by 2 hours only, not as reality shows almost 4 hours for now.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
    edited December 2014
    not a single green dot here
  • electrix10electrix10 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is unbeleavable.... really...
    edited December 2014
    I wish the mods could lock this thread and just start another one about what amounts to emergency downtime instead to people can be on the same page with what's going on.....
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Dwight is the last person to blame. He just passes the information he is told. It's just as incident to blame him as argue with a ticket conductor if you have no ticket and don't want to pay.
    I think people are just upset that the post hasn't been updated and no new official post was made. They put up a response on facebook and twitter but not their own official forums. Neverwinter is by no means alone in doing things like this with unexpected downtimes but everytime it rubs people wrong. Understandably wrong imo, as looking at the games official site should be where you can get any and all needed information about the games status, having to go to third party sites for that info is just a little odd. Like I said PWE is by no means the only game company I've seen do this but it never fails to anger customers it seems.
  • baggabbarbaggabbar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I cannot log in. It say's the servers are down. It is 3:23pm Eastern time. What is happening?
    edited December 2014
    electrix10 wrote: »
    This is unbeleavable.... really...

You say thus as if it is for the 1st time.
  • tharguthargu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Servers will be down for about another hour apparently...

https://twitter.com/neverwintergame
    "My call is your command, recruit, and failure is unacceptable."
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I think people are just upset that the post hasn't been updated and no new official post was made. They put up a response on facebook and twitter but not their own official forums. Neverwinter is by no means alone in doing things like this with unexpected downtimes but everytime it rubs people wrong. Understandably wrong imo, as looking at the games official site should be where you can get any and all needed information about the games status, having to go to third party sites for that info is just a little odd. Like I said PWE is by no means the only game company I've seen do this but it never fails to anger customers it seems.

If only this were the only problem of this project :(
  • unshavenbeardunshavenbeard Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If maintenance of complete why are servers still down at 12:25pm PST?
This discussion has been closed.