test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance 12/11 at 7 AM PST (Completed, finally..)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

We'll be performing scheduled maintenance on 12/11 at 7 AM PST. Estimated downtime is 2 hours but could be extended due to unforeseen issues.

Patch Notes: http://bit.ly/1yUUyk4

Discuss the patch notes here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?809021-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20141125a-4&p=9648321#post9648321

Thanks
Dwight

Update 1 7:11 AM PST - maintenance has begun. Patch notes added
Update 2 7:50 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime although things are moving quickly so we could be up a bit sooner. We'll keep you posted.
Update 3: 8:33 AM PST - Maintenance is ongoing, currently doing some extra maintenance on the servers so we might need to extend maintenance
Update 4: 8:52 AM PST. Looks like we are experiencing some network issues and that's going to cause us to extend maintenance. No ETA yet, but could be extended at least an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.
Update 5: 9:43 AM PST. Looks like there are still issues with the network so maintenance will be extended at least another 30 mins. Sorry everyone.
Update 6: 10:16 AM PST - There are still issues with the network and server, and it is looking likely that we will be down for another hour or more. Still not ETA on fix unfortunately but we will keep everyone posted.
Update 7: 10:59 AM PST - Hey everyone, maintenance has finally completed. We apologize for the extended downtime and appreciate everyone's patience.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• rockdete165rockdete165 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good Day, when will come the PVP DROW equipment?
  • taurudetaurude Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello, have a good one, i hope that your maintenance go smooth, yes we are curious about the new set, but i going to use this space to address a more patch relative problem, the graphic issue that the DC skills are causing.

Any news on this front?
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looking forward to patch notes....
    taurude wrote: »
    Hello, have a good one, i hope that your maintenance go smooth, yes we are curious about the new set, but i going to use this space to address a more patch relative problem, the graphic issue that the DC skills are causing.

Any news on this front?

DCs aren't the main culprits. 25 peeps hitting a sealed target does lag somewhat, but it's far overshadowed by coding inefficiencies (of which the devs are aware and working on).
  • sireuainsireuain Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Looking forward to patch notes....

DCs aren't the main culprits. 25 peeps hitting a sealed target does lag somewhat, but it's far overshadowed by coding inefficiencies (of which the devs are aware and working on).

And to be clear, are likely not easy or fast fixes.
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Sandesyl has acquired more goblin snot to properly style her hair again."

lol. A nice thing to picture while eating.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • taurudetaurude Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I believe very few people would argue that certain player powers (from what I hear Astral Seal / burning guidance and Knight's Valor) lagging entire instances...

But is official? That is the problem, not only in the Tiamat Instance but as well in almost all the server, as the delay are almost impossible in some dungeons and in some combinations.

I ask because its pretty difficult to narrow down from all the downsides that instance game have, and there is any speculation about Neverwinter become open map?

Ones again, thank you for your time.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I believe very few people would argue that certain player powers (from what I hear Astral Seal / burning guidance and Knight's Valor) lagging entire instances beyond recognition isn't the most critical issue with the game since mod 5.

You had ONE job.

But hey, congratz on the tremendous work fixing Sandesyl's hairstyle.

Except it's been three weeks now.

I'm willing to bet NW's game engine isn't designed for 25 person combat. Instances lagging out have been an issue since IWD. They're using duct tape and flight wire in massive quantities. :)
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm willing to bet NW's game engine isn't designed for 25 person combat. Instances lagging out have been an issue since IWD. They're using duct tape and flight wire in massive quantities. :)

It is actually, if you'd play their other game Star trek Online you'd know that they have a 20 man "space-raid" over there which is quaueable and works fine, there is a bit of a lag sometimes, but it is manageable, so it's not that the engine won't take it, it's just that they made the stupid choice of making this "raid" a Heroic Encounter that is virtually a mega-PUG and that will mess w/ everything. They could solve it if they made the instance queueable and HEable, so players who want to queue can do so and others who want to pug can go the He variant, but they won't do that as that would mean they need to get rid of or alter the timer thingie they put in and that will alter everything about the Tiamat fight. And let's face it, they admitting that their choice was wrong would be a big blow to their image and they can't afford that.

Anyways I was expecting they would fix the grouping issue for the Tiamat fight this time, but I guess that's not on the priority list, so I won't be participating in the lagfest known as the temple of Tiamat for the time being.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If it's going to be a "light" patch week, could the devs please pick some of the low-hanging fruit that actually affects gameplay -- like not being able to buy enough inactive companion slots for all those new companions they added.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Update 2 7:50 AM PST - Maintenance is progressing as planned. Still looking at the same downtime although things are moving quickly so we could be up a bit sooner. We'll keep you posted.

Update 4: 8:52 AM PST. Looks like we are experiencing some network issues and that's going to cause us to extend maintenance. No ETA yet, but could be extended at least an hour. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

A smart fighter knows not to do this:

"things are moving quickly so we could be up a bit sooner."

So that it stings less when he has to do this:

"No ETA yet, but could be extended at least an hour."

;) Not complaining.. just cracking a joke.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They are experiencing heavy rains and flood warnings where they are guys, so go easy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2014
    They are experiencing heavy rains and flood warnings where they are guys, so go easy.

Good to know, now they should just move indoors to work

Hopefully cali doesnt sink into the ocean for another couple years....
    edited December 2014
    Does your network always work flawlessly during extreme weather?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2014

But but but... This is interrupting the one thing I enjoy doing at work!

Cuz it's my lunch hour. Not that I would play games when I'm on the clock....
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • catisiouscatisious Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2014
    dont know....i live in a cave...it never rains in my cave
    edited December 2014

Yeah. SF expects 4 inches of rain today. Guess I'm not going outside today.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    A smart fighter knows not to do this:
    "things are moving quickly so we could be up a bit sooner."

Hope springs eternal.
  • trilleschtrillesch Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have only been playing a month or two but this maintance between 7am and 9am PST is stupid tbh they need to move to about 1-2am PST that if thing go wrong they can sort them easyer with out killing ppls game time also since when did bad weather effect data centers with muliple back ups and such.
    edited December 2014
    trillesch wrote: »
    I have only been playing a month or two but this maintance between 7am and 9am PST is stupid tbh they need to move to about 1-2am PST that if thing go wrong they can sort them easyer with out killing ppls game time

You expect a small studio to operate a night shift one a week just so it doesn't interrupt *your* play time?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• israel4824israel4824 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can someone give a time limit they said 7-9 but its 10:30 a.m. here im in arizona
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have only been playing a month or two but this maintance between 7am and 9am PST is stupid tbh they need to move to about 1-2am PST that if thing go wrong they can sort them easyer with out killing ppls game time also since when did bad weather effect data centers with muliple back ups and such.

Will probably never happen. It's been on this day, at this time, for YEARS. Well before Neverwinter, this was Cryptic's window. It's really unlikely it will ever change. NO time is perfect. This happens to be first thing in the morning for them at their office, which is better for them rather than having to force everyone involved to work odd hours once night a week. Again, there is no time that will not draw criticism - just remember -- this is the window every week, like it or not, so plan accordingly.
  • mimostnmimostn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    7:30 but servers still down :confused:
  • israel4824israel4824 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    o.0 i anything on the time limit
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    If it's going to be a "light" patch week, could the devs please pick some of the low-hanging fruit that actually affects gameplay -- like not being able to buy enough inactive companion slots for all those new companions they added.

Dude it's a "light" patch week because that's all they managed to get fixed.

It's not as if when there aren't a lot of patch notes that means the devs were playing Super Mario Bros. and couldn't be bothered to work on the game.
    edited December 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    Its so bright and colourful out there!

Its not is dark cold with rain sleet and snow here in UK
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its not is dark cold with rain sleet and snow here in UK

Slate-gray skies and light flurries in Pennsylvania...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • sepulvoduusepulvoduu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hi, I asked a question five months, but so far the problem continues,
    when and solving the problem of Malabog Castle, for the entire game and the only instance that has a lag impossible to messing, now being paid 50,000 for the key and we can not play, it think it should resolve this problem
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Update 5: 9:43 AM PST. Looks like there are still issues with the network so maintenance will be extended at least another 30 mins. Sorry everyone.

*le Sigh*My only 3 hours of play time today... gone... **** rain... Time to get ready for work then!
    edited December 2014
    sepulvoduu wrote: »
    hi, I asked a question five months, but so far the problem continues,
    when and solving the problem of Malabog Castle, for the entire game and the only instance that has a lag impossible to messing, now being paid 50,000 for the key and we can not play, it think it should resolve this problem

Turn your shadows off and you should be fine in there.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited December 2014
    Make sure you set the prosses afinity mask to 16 cores 8 primary 8 virtual if I remember rightly that what i7 have also set the prosses in wind to high that might reduce the lag.
This discussion has been closed.